paradise • a pokémon adventure
cbox

welcome

Established in July 2014, Paradise is a pokémon role-play community that’s all about getting back to the basics. With a simplified training system, we focus more on writing than grinding for levels. Join us today and begin your adventure in the Eden region!

information

Getting Started Setting Information Trainer Classes Game Mechanics Field Guide Eden League Rules & FAQ

updates

July 5 – Paradise's anniversary falls on the 20th, but we're kicking off the festivities early and celebrating all month long with some cool rewards and a special event, the Summer Sun Celebration! Cheers to three years! <3

shortcuts

Training Log Wild Encounters Breeding Records Adoption Center Face Claims Player Directory Open Threads

Reply   New Topic   New Poll   

(!) The Journey Continues, Seeking: Numel/Camerupt
Vexel Mitore
 Posted: 7/22/17, 01:48 pm
Sev
266 posts
Pokémon Trainer

Vex's last trip into the desert had resulted in him being attacked by a Vibrava, which he'd managed to capture. But there were still other pokemon that lived out there he was interested in obtaining, so now he was back to see if he couldn't track them down. Ixen was once again soaring overhead, keeping watch for anything that might try to attack his trainer. But Vex also had Ryna and Inik with him on the ground as backup...just in case.

They were in about the same area where he'd encountered the Vibrava and everyone was on high alert, they had no idea if the captured pokemon had friends that might be looking for it. Everything seemed pretty quiet so far, however, and Vex felt it was safe enough to stop and rest. "Hold up guys, we'll stop here a moment and grab something to eat before we go any further." He told the two canines, giving a sharp whistle to alert Ixen to the fact they were stopping. The Charizard stayed in the air but circled above them, keeping watch for any potential dangers.

Random Event
PM   
^
Random Event
 Posted: 7/22/17, 08:25 pm
Staff
717 posts
Administrator

a wild numel appeared!

silver tier
male
simple

lava plume take down yawn amnesia earth power

PM   Email
^
Wild Pokémon
 Posted: 7/23/17, 04:09 pm
NPC
3226 posts
NPC

Numel liked to think himself a wise Pokemon. Wise, intelligent, handsome, and debonair. This was exactly why he was spinning round and round, trying to find his tail. Head to rump the Numel continued to spin, despite how dizzy he was getting. The majority of the desert dwellers thought the Numel was a simpleton. Simple, and, frankly, daft.

Many others had passed him while he was up to... whatever it was he was up to. No worse for the wear, by the time the Numel stopped he was completely disoriented. The world was spinning. Flopping over onto his side to rest, the Numel huffed impatiently. He had yet to see his tail (which was his ultimate goal today, truthfully).

It was only once he was staring straight up at the sky, laying upon his side, that he spotted the Charizard. Well, that was quite a strange sight... The fire-type was hardly common in these parts, never mind in it's fully evolved form. Was trouble afoot? The Numel grew ever suspicious.

Vexel Mitore
PM   Email
^
Vexel Mitore
 Posted: 7/23/17, 05:21 pm
Sev
266 posts
Pokémon Trainer

It wasn't danger Ixen saw but...well...he wasn't sure what it was he was seeing from high above the sands. A creature turning round and round and round for a reson the Charizard could not identify. Was it confused? Hurt maybe? Or was it doing that for fun? Curious, he dipped lower, watching as the thing stopped and flopped onto it's side. It seemed to have spotted him but didn't seem alarmed or angry so he dropped lower still, gliding in to land nearby.

"What were you doing just now?" He questioned, lowering his head to inspect the strange creature. It had a round little body, a longish nexk and a rounded head and ears. Vex had mentioned something about them...Numel he thought they were called. He glanced over at Vex, who had looked up to watch him but apparently couldn't see the the Numel. If Ixen needed him, he could certainly get the man's attention. But right now he was just having a chat with the odd pokemon.

Kaskae Dawson
PM   
^
Wild Pokémon
 Posted: 7/25/17, 09:22 am
NPC
3226 posts
NPC

The Charizard spiralled downward, observing the Numel. The Numel, in turn, was observing the larger pokemon. Fascinated, the Numel waited to see what the fire-type would do. Perhaps he should have been afraid, but he wasn't. Ordinarily it was difficult to hold the Numel's attention, but obviously, to him, Ixen was something special. The Charizard wasn't orange, like the Charmander's he'd seen, but rather black. What happened to make a Charizard turn black? Intrigue.

As the pokemon landed he came to ask him a question. Well well. He wanted to know what he was doing? He'd tell him, gladly. ~Trying to find my tail. Do you see it? I see yours. I must have one too.~ If there was any question as to the Numel's intelligence, it was likely answered with his response. Unless, of course, the Charizard was open-minded. ~What were you doing up there?~ The Numel was referring to the sky, obviously.

The pokemon trainer standing close by had escaped the Numel's notice. Even if he had noticed the young man it was likely that his interest in the Charizard would have made him forget. If Vex was hoping to catch the Numel he had no better target than the one before him. His curiosity of pokeball's would likely keep him inside one...

What a silly little pokemon.

Vexel Mitore
PM   Email
^
Vexel Mitore
 Posted: 7/25/17, 10:31 am
Sev
266 posts
Pokémon Trainer

Trying to...find his tail? It didn't appear as though the Numel had a tail at all and everything Vex had said or show him about them didn't mention or show a tail. "Not every pokemon has a tail, you know. Sometimes they get in the way of things. Maybe you're not meant to have a tail." Ixen pointed out, opting not to suggest that the Numel was being silly. Perhaps they were meant to have tails and this one had lost his. How was Ixen supposed to know?

When a questioned was returned to him, Ixen glanced upward into the expanse of blue. "Keeping a lookout for danger. The last time I was here with my trainer he was almost attacked. I won't let that happen." He should probably get back to it but with Ryna and Inik with Vex, Ixen wasn't as concerned. Their trainer was as safe as he could possibly be out here for the time being.

Kaskae Dawson
PM   
^
Wild Pokémon
 Posted: 7/27/17, 08:32 am
NPC
3226 posts
NPC

So this Charizard was wise then? He seemed to understand, and what was more, he knew things. The Numel listened attentively; a skill that he well possessed. ~Perhaps you are right, but I must see for myself.~ If only he could find another Numel. He was alone out here. Surely there were other Numel in the desert, but as far as he could tell his particular area was vacant.

This great beast must have had business in the desert. He couldn't have possibly been here just to speak with him, could he? No, surely not. It was a curious thing, the Charizard's presence. It was almost as if they had met by fate. The Numel liked to think that things happened for a reason, and so he was taking the Charizard's presence very seriously. ~Danger?~ The Numel contemplated the black pokemon's words. ~Yes, it can be dangerous out here.~ He wouldn't let what happen? Wait... he had a-a trainer? The Numel was suddenly very aware of his surroundings. The Numel rose to his feet, looking this way and that.

There.

There was a human.

~Is he kind, your human?~ He didn't want to be in danger either. ~I too desire to be safe out here you see. If your human is, in turn, dangerous, well... If he's dangerous, I would rather leave.~ Hopefully the Charizard would allow him to leave, if that was his desire.

Vexel Mitore
PM   Email
^
Vexel Mitore
 Posted: 7/30/17, 10:26 am
Sev
266 posts
Pokémon Trainer

If the Numel was persistent, Ixen wasn't going to argue with him. And really, what did he know of Numel anyway? Maybe they all thought they were supposed to have tails. "Well I wish you luck." It was the only thing he could think to say.

"Indeed it can." He agreed when the Numel said it could be dangerous out there. He knew that for sure. Stupid Vibrava trying to attack his human anyway...

He was drawn back to his current conversation when the Numel spoke up, asking about Vex. Ixen turned his head to regard Vex again. "He is kind but very firm when we're training. He wishes to see us, his pokemon I mean, grow strong. He can't be soft with us if he wants us to reach our full potential." Ixen explained, turning back to the Numel with an amused rumble. "But he's not dangerous unless you attempt to harm him or one of the pokemon under his care. You have nothing to fear from him. I could introduce you if you'd like. He's interested in fire types like you and I, after all. Perhaps he could help you find out if you're meant to have a tail." He wondered if the Numel would agree. It seemed nervous about Vex being there but that might only have been because he had never met a human before or something.

Kaskae Dawson
PM   
^
Wild Pokémon
 Posted: 7/30/17, 10:56 am
NPC
3226 posts
NPC

The Charizard was kindly, which set the Numel at ease. If anything, his best wishes warmed the Numel's heart. What a kind pokemon, he thought to himself, clearly an optimist where others were concerned. Fairly aware of his own misgivings, the Numel judged himself rather harshly. The idea that another could see the best in him, or the potential in him even, made his heart swell.

The Charizard agreed that the deserts dangers were very real. It was always best to be mindful when out in the open, though the Numel often got lost within his own head. He tried to be mindful you see, but there were just so many distractions out in the world for him to be distracted by. Did the Charizard know much about focus? Perhaps he could help him unlock the secret to a truly mindful existence.

When the fire type went on to discuss his trainer, the Numel kept a sharp eye on the man. He was watching them... how strange. What did he truly want? Was this a trap? The Numel did his best not to be anxious over the whole affair. He liked the Charizard and therefore wanted to trust him. The young man wanted a pokemon like him did he? Well, he knew that he wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed-not always anyways. He tended to muse over things that others could only grasp at, which, in his mind, made him rather intelligent.

~Do you really think he could help us figure it out? Well, I would like to meet him then. Yes, let's go. If you lead the way I'd feel much more comfortable you see.~ Plopping down on his butt the Numel waited for the Charizard to make the first move. If the man was said to be trustworthy by such a strong pokemon than it must have been so. Strong pokemon didn't need to stay with bad people, or weak trainers. The man must have been all that the Charizard claimed him to be, therefore.

Looking much more confident than before it was evident that the Charizard's words had gotten through to the Numel. The fire pokemon had the wild Numel's trust. Trust was particularly important, and not freely given.

Vexel Mitore
PM   Email
^
Vexel Mitore
 Posted: 7/31/17, 03:47 pm
Sev
266 posts
Pokémon Trainer

"If anyone can help us figure this out it would be him or his mate. If not them I'm sure they can find someone who can. The most troublesome part will be figuring out a way to ask them what we want to know." They were the only two humans Ixen had ever had much contact with but he was certain they would have the answers. And if not he knew they would find the answer somehow. Ixen nodded when the Numel agreed to meet Vex but only if Ixen led the way. The Charizard turned and motioned to Vex with a tip of his head. "We'll let him come to us. That way you can observe him as he approaches and decide how close you wish him to be." He explained as Vex stood and started over toward the two pokemon.

Vex, still unaware of the Numel's presence, had been keeping an eye on Ixen out of curiosity. When the Charizard indicated he should come over to where he stood, Vex didn't hesitate. Inik and Ryna trailed after him because he hadn't told them not to. Once he was near enough to actually catch sight of the Numel he motioned for them to stand back and they stopped, close in case they were needed but not too close that their presence might feel threatening. Vex continued forward, glancing from the Numel up to his Charizard. "I wondered what you were doing over here. Making a new friend are you?" He questioned, scratching the Charizard's chin when Ixen lowered his head within reach. "And hello to you too." He said, crouching down to greet the Numel, holding out his hand for the pokemon to sniff and decide if he also wanted to be pet.

Kaskae Dawson
PM   
^
Wild Pokémon
 Posted: 8/2/17, 10:05 pm
NPC
3226 posts
NPC

~Mate? What is a mate?~ the Numel inquired, now curious about this term that the Charizard had used. He had never heard the word before, and would have greatly appreciated a brief explanation so that he could better understand his fellow pokemon's intent. ~That sounds like quite a good plan, yes.~ The Numel, thusly, waited for the Charizard to summon his human. The young mans approach caused him to start, but after taking a couple of steps back (in order to distance himself) he felt a tad better. Vex's actions were as non-threatening as they came, and so the Numel watched the interaction between pokemon and human.

The Numel blinked a couple of times, inclining his head to the side as Vex crouched down low and offered a hand to him. What did this mean? Did he wish to do whatever it was that he had just done to the Charizard? Why ever did the young man wipe his hand upon his pokemon? Did it mean something? The Numel could hardly contain his curiosity, and so he sallied forth.

~Hello, you are the first human that I've ever met. I'm a Numel you know. Have you met a Numel before? I'm wondering if you could help me with something.~ The Numel blathered away; little did he know that poor Vex couldn't quite understand him.

Rather than sniff the boys hand the Numel plopped his head into it, resting it there. The majority of the pokemon's weight was in his body, and so he was unlikely to burden the trainer overly much. ~This feels rather odd, but is it normal for you humans?~ The Charizard had leaned against him, no? Odd practices these trainers had with their pokemon. The young mans touch put him at ease, not that he could yet establish this fact. It was quite nice, to be close to another. He was often alone. He decided, in that moment, that he didn't like it. Being alone was not all it was once cracked up to be.

Vexel Mitore
PM   Email
^
Vexel Mitore
 Posted: 8/3/17, 06:57 pm
Sev
266 posts
Pokémon Trainer

"A female human he spends most of his free time with. She's very kind. She helps sick or injured pokemon." He wasn't sure a wild pokemon would know what a 'nurse' was so opted for the longer, but easier to understand, description of what Aria did. Hopefully it would get his meaning across at any rate. Aria was not someone to be afraid of.

Ixen watched as the Numel moved forward, chatting away at Vex who could only tell that it wasn't angry at him. "You're awfully friendly aren't you?" Vex commented as the Numel laid his head in his outstretched hand. Assuming it was asking to be scratched like Ixen had been, Vex gently gave it a few scritches under the chin as it spoke to him again. It seemed to be asking some sort of question but Vex had no idea what it was (or if it was actually a question at all). He glanced up at Ixen who was happy to answer for his trainer. "I don't know about most other humans but touching is fairly normal for mine. He can scratch hard to reach places or sometimes he pets us to soothe us or tell us we did a good job. If you don't enjoy it he'll remember that and won't do it as often." The Charizard explained, shifting a bit to watch both Vex and the Numel. "Also, humans can't understand us if we speak to them. I don't know why but it's that way with all humans. If you spend enough time with one they get really good at guessing what you want though." He added.

As long as the Numel left his head in Vex's hand, Vex continued to scratch and pet it. He wondered if he could convince the Numel to join him. It seemed quite friendly and he did want to add a Numel to his team. Perhaps this one would be agreeable. If not, he'd find another one eventually. "Must be pretty lonely out here by yourself with no one to talk to or play with. How'd you like to travel with us? You'll see all sorts of new things and have me and Ixen and lots of other pokemon to spend time with." He suggested, deciding to just go for it. If the Numel didn't want to join him he wouldn't force it to. If it did he had an empty pokeball in his bag.

Kaskae Dawson
PM   
^
Wild Pokémon
 Posted: 8/5/17, 06:13 pm
NPC
3226 posts
NPC

Someone that helped the sick and injured? Were there humans capable of such selflessness? Most of the pokemon he'd come across attacked the weak and took advantage of the injured. It was a dog eat dog world in the desert, which is why he spent the majority of his time looking for safe places to sleep. This usually wound up with the Numel buried in several pounds of sand.

As difficult as it was to understand the human, the Numel tried. Squinting his eyes, the pokemon tensed up. ~It strikes me as peculiar, a human that is so accommodating to us pokemon. Whatever for? What does he use you for?~ The Numel's questions did not indicate paranoia, but rather intrigue. He was impressed by the Charizard's trainer-very impressed.

The scratching and petting caused the Numel to pull his legs in, and settle right down. Shuffling closer, the young Numel waited for the human to speak to him again. When Vex finally spoke, the Numel met his gaze. He picked out a word or two, blinking slowly as he considered what he was being asked. What did he really have to lose? If he went with this human he'd be secure, and treated well. He would have food, a safe place to sleep, and maybe make a friend or two. Would the Charizard, and the young mans other pokemon, really consider him a worthwhile ally? ~I do not wish to disappoint your human,~ the Numel admitted shyly. Despite his concerns, the Numel felt himself nod.

Vexel Mitore
PM   Email
^
Vexel Mitore
 Posted: 8/6/17, 05:52 pm
Sev
266 posts
Pokémon Trainer

What was he used for? Honestly Ixen didn't feel as if he was used at all. It was, he supposed, strange to a wild pokemon that had never known the care of a human trainer. "We work as a team. We train together and battle together. He gives me shelter, care when I am sick or injured, food to keep me strong and healthy; and in return I protect him and let him ride on my back to travel sometimes. Neither one of us uses the other." Nearby, Inik and Ryna both nodded. They felt the same way. Vex gave them opportunities they never would have had in the wild and they didn't mind being called on to battle or protect their human.

At the Numel's next words Ixen rumbled out a laugh. "You would have to be trying to be a disappointment to have Vex not like you. Don't worry. If there are things you don't know, he will help you learn." The Charizard hoped his laughter didn't offend the Numel but the idea of Vex being disappointed with a pokemon was so absurd he couldn't help himself. At the Numel's small nod, Vex withdrew a pokeball from the pouch on his bag. He activated it and gave the ball a gentle bump against the Numel's neck.

Kaskae Dawson
PM   
^
Wild Pokémon
 Posted: 8/7/17, 08:29 am
NPC
3226 posts
NPC

So this human helped them to grow stronger? He would have liked to evolve into a Camerupt someday. It was a dream of his really. He didn't want to be a Numel forever you see. The world would look and feel so different if he could only evolve. By himself he knew it was impossible, but with Vexel? Perhaps this was to be his future then.

There was nothing left to discuss with the Charizard. The other pokemon had patiently answered all of his questions, and therefore the Numel was satisfied. One day he may discover whether or not he was meant to have a tail, but for now he would settle down in his new home.

As the pokeball was touched to his form, the Numel became a red beam of light. Said light was pulled inside of the pokeball. Once it had closed it gave a couple of tentative shakes before resting in the mans hand. The Numel curled up inside of the pokeball, overcome by the urge to take a nice long nap. He was safe... He was finally, truly, home...

Congratulations! The wild Numel has joined your team!
Vexel Mitore
PM   Email
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Options    Reply   New Topic   New Poll   

RPG-D  FF:Adventu PLEDGE -- a pokémon roleplay
Pokemon: Forever Forgotten Pokemon: Terrene Kaleidoscope