paradise • a pokémon adventure
cbox

welcome

Established in July 2014, Paradise is a pokémon role-play community that’s all about getting back to the basics. With a simplified training system, we focus more on writing than grinding for levels. Join us today and begin your adventure in the Eden region!

information

Getting Started Setting Information Trainer Classes Game Mechanics Field Guide Eden League Rules & FAQ

updates

January 31 – Howdy, folks! We've still got a few Gym Leader/Eden Elite positions open, so if you think you might be interested in filling one of these key roles on the site, please check out this thread for more information!

shortcuts

Training Log Wild Encounters Breeding Records Adoption Center Face Claims Player Directory Open Threads

Reply   New Topic   

Burn Bright, [Closed Battle]
Vexel Mitore
 Posted: 2/6/18, 04:05 pm
Sev
297 posts
Pokémon Trainer

Vex didn't generally travel to the serene Hawthorn Woods very often. He had other places her preferred to train against wild pokemon or to face other trainers with some of his stronger pokemon. But he also had several younger, more inexperienced pokemon that would benefit from facing some of the more docile creatures that lived in the forest. Plus, the Hawthorn Woods was a place where one might find newer trainers just starting out on their journeys as well. By battling them, not only did his pokemon gain experience, but so did the newer trainers, some of whom were glad to have an opportunity to face, and learn from, someone who had three of the region's five badges.

Today he was in the woods, searching for a wild pokemon or two to battle. He didn't tend to run into too many trainers but if he did, perhaps they'd be inclined to battle him. He opened the Vs. Seeker app on his pokegear and set it to detect any available opponents within range. A Noibat http://i.imgur.com/WNpEgf9.png flitted about overhead keen eyes keeping watch for anything of interest. She squeaked when she spotted a human up ahead and then darted off in that direction. Vex chuckled and turned to follow her. Sure enough, it wasn't long before the came upon another person. The Noibat looked pleased with herself and Vex offered her a berry. "Good afternoon. What brings you out to the forest today?" It was, Vex felt, a stupid greeting but he also wasn't the type to just walk up and demand a battle from someone, either. He'd make a bit of small talk first, unless the stranger asked for a battle right away, in which case he was happy to accept.

Tristan Hawx

(I'll leave it up to you if Tristan just asks to battle or they want to talk some first. Also, I imagine the Vs. Seeker app I mentioned just sort of sends a text alert to nearby trainers (who also have the Vs. Seeker app open) saying something like 'Pokemon Trainer A would like to battle!' and the person receiving it can accept or decline, lol. So if Tristan has that and it's active they can get the alert as well which can lead to a battle. However you want to do it ^^)
PM   
^
Tristan Hawx
 Posted: 2/6/18, 05:35 pm
Kyser
17 posts
Pokémon Trainer

The first few steps into hawthorn woods were rather exciting, he'd just finished up his little drink with Harold and decided it was time to make his move. Go deeper into the region of Eden. The drink with Harold was nice, other than a little battle of words between his Houndour and the Ducklett of the other trainer, it was rather stress free and was a good way to start his journey. Hades wasn't out at the moment, Tristan didn't see any real need for him to be out. He'd let him come out when it's time for some snacks and a bit of rest. Night time in an unfamiliar place wasn't something he'd like to spend alone. Especially since it was going to start getting darker soon.

However the sun was still up so Tristan decided to try and make this interesting. He reached into his jacket's inside pocket and pulled out a handy piece of tech, pokegear. It would serve as a beacon to attract other trainers and to help him find some himself. A battle would be the perfect way to kickstart his journey, win or lose it would still be fun and maybe a learning experience. He fired it up to search for another trainer and it soon found one within range of him so he decided to walk in the direction of the trainer's signal. After a couple minutes of walking he saw a Noibat making its way over to him - looked like he'd found his trainer. Needless to say when he got closer he was greeted. "Hello there...Just travelling through, just docked at the harbour this morning. New to the region." Tristan replied to the guy, glancing up to the Noibat before back on to the trainer. He didn't look like a new trainer like Tristan, his guess was he'd been here a while.

Vexel Mitore
PM   
^
Vexel Mitore
 Posted: 2/7/18, 10:49 am
Sev
297 posts
Pokémon Trainer

His Vs. Seeker app pinged and he glanced at it and then at the trainer approaching down the path. The picture in the app matched the person heading his way and he nodded. So this trainer was looking for a battle. That was fine by him. As the other trainer returned his greeting, Vex gave him a quick look over. He didn't look like a novice, exactly, but he also didn't appear to be very experienced either. Not that looks would tell for certain anyway, someone who looked like a novice could be one of the most powerful trainers in the region. "Well then welcome to Eden. If I'm not mistaken you're from somewhere in Johto right? I can tell by the accent. I'm from Blackthorn City myself. I'm Vex, it's nice to meet you." He paused for a moment to allow the other trainer to introduce himself if he wanted to before speaking again.

"So I saw your alert in the Vs. Seeker app. If you're looking for a battle I'm happy to oblige." The Noibat squeaked and darted behind her trainer, apparently hiding, and Vex chuckled. "Don't worry, I'm not going to make you battle today." He told the odd little bat as she clung to his bag before giving the other trainer a grin. "She's a little shy about battles right now. We got our butts kicked by a fairy type the other day. She hasn't quite gotten her confidence back yet." He explained and the Noibat poked her head up over his shoulder and nodded enthusiastically.

Tristan Hawx
PM   
^
Tristan Hawx
 Posted: 2/7/18, 12:35 pm
Kyser
17 posts
Pokémon Trainer

This trainer seemed polite enough, he had welcomed Trist to Eden as Tristan was thankful for that. It was good to know this guy wasn't one who'd instantly throw his weight around, claiming he was the next prodigal trainer. There wasn't any over confidence here. "Thank you... You're correct, I come from Cherrygrove city." Tristan said with a nod, adjusting his jacket slightly. "I'm Tristan, nice to meet you too." He then continued on, glancing up to the Noibat to shoot it a smile too. After all it was a companion of the trainer, he figured he should greet all parties involved. It'd be rude not to.

"I'd be happy to battle you...I only have one Pokémon. Does a 1v1 sound good to you?" Tristan said, taking a couple steps back to give the Pokémon each trainer chose enough room. He watched the Noibat flying round and grinned to himself, listening as the trainer spoke about the fairy type. "I'm sure the next battle Noibat joins you in, it'll do great..." He said, trying to give the Noibat some confidence, it may not be battling him but he was raised around Pokémon that were battling constantly. Losing can be quite the confidence knock and it wasn't nice, which is why Tristan always tried to lose respectively and reassure his Pokémon. It would still be a learning experience after all. "This'll be my first official battle as a trainer of my own." He'd only ever battled as a fill-in for his parents, using the Pokémon that they were training with.

After a couple moments he reached into his pocket, bringing out a pokeball before pressing the button. The red stream flickered down to the ground and Hades appeared on all fours, letting out a battle-ready growl. "Dour!". Tristan was excited but also nervous, he wanted to do good and he wanted Hades to fulfil the potential he knew he had. Either way, it'd be fun so Tristan couldn't help but smile to himself.

Vexel Mitore
PM   
^
Vexel Mitore
 Posted: 2/8/18, 08:48 pm
Sev
297 posts
Pokémon Trainer

So the stranger was from Cherrygrove City? It was a small town, not as big as Blackthorn City, but it was a great place to visit. "Cherrygrove huh? I've traveled there a couple times. It's a lovely town." He said, curious if the stranger recognized him. Most people seemed to know who the gym leaders were, at least in the regions they came from, but so far there was no hint of recognition, even after Vex had given his name. It was possible this trainer didn't know who he was. It was equally as possible that he didn't care. Vex was fine with it either way.

"A one on one battle is fine. I probably have at least one pokemon that will match yours in relative strength and experience." He said, though he knew he likely had several pokemon he could choose from. He did, of course, have his primary battle team with him. But he'd also selected several of his other pokemon of varying strengths so that he knew he could handle just about anything he ran into. "I keep telling her that but she's stubborn. It's a dragon thing." Except for Drissi, every dragon he'd captured was stubborn or ill-tempered in some way. They each had their own unique brand of 'dragon-ness' that he had to learn to overcome before he could really work with them. Some of them he was still working with.

When Tristan admitted that this would be his first official battle as a trainer, Vex smiled. He never would have guessed that this was the guy's first official battle. Of course, that didn't mean he was inexperienced as a trainer or that he'd never seen or participated in a battle. It would be interesting to see how this played out. "If that's the case I should admit that I'm hardly a beginner. I was rained in the Blackthorn Gym and already have three of the badges for this region." He said, shifting his coat to reveal the three Eden badges pinned to his lapel and the Rising Badge his father had given him pinned just below them. "If you'd rather not battle me I understand completely. Not every new trainer wants to take on someone who was raised by a gym leader." And if Tristan still wanted to battle, then Vex would battle.

When Tristan didn't back down and called on his pokemon partner, Vex gave the younger trainer a nod. He could admire someone that didn't back down from a challenge. "Alright, you picked the first pokemon so I get the first move if you have no objections." He said, already reaching for the pokeball he intended to use. "Itova, start us off with Supersonic." He tapped the release on the pokeball and a large, serpentine form appeared from the flash of light. Once she was fully materialized, the Dragonair released high-pitched soundwaves from her body, intending to confuse her canine opponent.

Tristan Hawx

(I'm going to assume Tristan wouldn't back down and see it as a challenge for both him and Hades to take down someone with three gym badges, lol. Let me know if you'd like me to change anything though and I will. ^^)
PM   
^
Tristan Hawx
 Posted: 2/11/18, 10:15 am
Kyser
17 posts
Pokémon Trainer

Tristan's hometown was always nice, it was a small town compared to others but it was big enough for there to always be something to do. Even if that was just hanging out with the couple friends Tristan had, but most of his time was spent helping train the Pokémon that his parents brought home or bred. Many summer days were spent in the garden battling. It was tiring.

He grinned a little at the other trainer's comments regarding his Noibat. The little thing didn't seem too stubborn from his perspective but Tristan didn't have to travel with her. Hades had his moments where he was stubborn, but so did Trist. "Interesting...I'll remember that if I ever get a dragon type." Tristan said with a smirk, hoping that he would eventually get one since Tristan was always fascinated by the dragons.

Tristan listened to Vexel telling him about his previous experiences with battling, even showing off his badges. Tristan had no badges, not even from the Johto region but that didn't define him as a trainer. Badges weren't always important. "So that means your father is the gym leader...Interesting. My parents probably knew him, considering they went through all the gyms of Johto." He said, shrugging off the fact that the other trainer thought he might feel deterred about battling him. It just made it more of a challenge and hopefully something to learn from.

Vexel had sent out a Dragonair and it took a couple moments for Tristan to stop watching it and focus back on the battle that was happening. Being confused this early on would be annoying so there was only one thing to do. "Hades, dodge it!" Tristan called out, Hades perking up and nodding before jumping to the side. Luckily he was quite fast, but speed wasn't going to win the battle. Hades stood to the side, watching the Dragonair.

Hades dodged the Supersonic!.
Dodges: 1/3.

Vexel Mitore (OOC: I hope this is okay. As I said I'm not too familiar with battling just yet. Let me know if anything needs changing.)
PM   
^
Vexel Mitore
 Posted: Yesterday at 03:53 pm
Sev
297 posts
Pokémon Trainer

Vex smiled as the other said he'd keep his words in mind if he ever ended up with a dragon type but he didn't say anything. Dragons weren't as rare as they had once been but they were still not easy pokemon for a beginning trainer to handle. It also didn't take much for him to put two and two together and figure out who Vex was. Not that Vex had been trying particularly hard to hide it, of course. "Yep. And it's possible. My dad gets quite a few challengers. Did they manage to defeat him?" He questioned conversationally. Plenty of triners beat his father but their victories were hard won. Korvin Mitore did not just let trainers win. Many had to try more than once to earn their Rising Badge.

While moving wasn't necessarily going to allow a pokemon to avoid an attack like Supersonic, the trainer's voice had disrupted the soundwaves just enough to prevent the attack from having the desired effect. Itova hissed when she realized her prey had foiled their plans and readied herself for it to retaliate. But nothing happened. The canine just stood there. Staring at her. It was...it was taunting her wasn't it? Thinking it was so clever to have avoided her attack. Anger built and the orb at her neck began to glow. "Focus Itova, don't let one little setback get to you. This battle's only just begun." Her human was right, she couldn't let this beast get under her scales so early into the battle. She needed to think, needed to listen. The human knew what he was doing and she would trust him to guide her in battle. She settled, ready for whatever came next, though the orb still glowed faintly. "Good. Now let's strike with Dragon Breath." She coiled her body and seemed to puff up as she drew in a breath before releasing it in a terrible gust that would cause damage if it hit the canine.

Itova used Dragon Breath!

Tristan Hawx

Apologies for taking a bit to respond to this. And just to note that sound based moves (growl, supersonic, etc) wouldn't necessarily be dodged by jumping out of the way, lol. If someone shouted at you you wouldn't avoid it by stepping to the side. A pokemon could 'dodge' a sound based attack by focusing on something else, plugging their ears etc. (for example, I've had pokemon dodge hypnosis by closing their eyes). Also, you may dodge and attack in the same round. So Hades could have dodged and then used an attack. You don't have to change anything about your post unless you want to (and if you choose to have Hades make an attack I am happy to edit my post to account for that, just let me know~) but I just figured that was something to keep in mind for future battles. ;)
PM   
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Options    Reply   New Topic   

RPG-D FF:Adventu PLEDGE -- a pokémon roleplay Pokemon: Forever Forgotten
Pokemon: Terrene Kaleidoscope