paradise • a pokémon adventure
cbox

welcome

Established in July 2014, Paradise is a pokémon role-play community that’s all about getting back to the basics. With a simplified training system, we focus more on writing than grinding for levels. Join us today and begin your adventure in the Eden region!

information

Getting Started Setting Information Trainer Classes Game Mechanics Field Guide Eden League Rules & FAQ

updates

October 31 – Happy Halloween, Paradise! Don't forget that the annual Harvest Festival is currently underway in Wisteria Town. Players have through November 1 to participate and claim a reward. Hope everyone is having a fun-filled day on this spookiest of occasions~!

shortcuts

Training Log Wild Encounters Breeding Records Adoption Center Face Claims Player Directory Open Threads

Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply   New Topic   New Poll   

A Much Needed Distraction, Closed for Adam ^^
Dakota Gilbert
 Posted: 8/31/17, 09:57 pm
Lisa
92 posts
Pokémon Trainer

At first, both Dakota and Nabooru were quickly becoming discouraged. The little penguin even managed to dodge her razor wind attack, hopping to the side. Nabooru, still trapped in a twister of water, lowered her head and frowned. She didn't look back at her trainer, worried she might see an expression of disappointment and she couldn't bare to see that right now. To both their surprise, the penguin slipped up and lost its balance, allowing just enough time for the final blade of wind to hit. It knocked the Piplup to the ground, and as if luck was on their side this evening, it couldn't get back up.

Nabooru let out a chirp of cheer, and if she hadn't been trapped in the swirling waters around her she'd do a celebratory back flip or cork screw maneuver. She flinched as the water rushed over her wings again, and she struggled to stay in flight. Dakota cheered internally but chose not to express it outwardly this time. Something in her gut didn't feel right about this. Even though they had won against the Piplup, she was still trapped in the vortex and Adam still had another undefeated pokémon. And as he summoned that pokémon to the battlefield, Dakota was quickly reminded why she felt uneasy about it.

His last pokémon was his Electrike, the electric-type dog pokémon. Before either of them could react, the pokémon built up an electric charge and released it onto the arena. Dakota's stomach sank. The arena was already soaked with water that led right into the air where her Fletchinder was hovering. The electricity easily found its natural path up the whirlpool to its target. Nabooru was already weakened, and with the water conducting electricity, well... this was bad news. The arena lit up with sparks and Dakota felt the hair on her arms stick up. Even the hair on her head seemed to buzz. And before she knew it, Nabooru was plummeting to the floor.

She landed with a thud, and some of her wing feathers stuck out at awkward angles. She didn't scream, she didn't cry, she just... fell. And that was that. Dakota, who was now positive the match was over, took off in a sprint towards the center of the arena. She ignored the little stings she felt on the bottom of her feet from the still slightly charged damp arena floor. Without even looking at or saying a word to Adam, she knelt down and scooped up Nabooru in her arms. The fire bird was out cold, and her head flopped to the side unnaturally. For a moment, Dakota felt her blood pressure rise as anger began to build up, but she shook it off. This was a pokémon battle, you win some you lose some, there was no need to take it personally.

"You did good, Boo." Dakota whispered into the birds ear before retrieving her pokéball from her bag. Pressing it gently against her body, the bird disappeared in a flash of red and the pokéball weighed down her hand. She returned it to her bag and finally glanced up at Adam and his pokémon. Swallowing whatever disappointment she felt, she offered him a weak smile. "Well done! That was quite the experience." was about the best she could come up with to say in this moment. What are you supposed to say after you got your ass kicked, thank you?

Slowly, she took a few steps towards him and began to feel a little better. She had been so focused on the battle and her pokémon she had forgotten all about her troubles and why she was even here in the first place. She had to remind herself that this guy, the same one who had just defeated her, was the cute bartender that was flirting with her earlier and offered to buy her a drink. She remembered that she originally came here looking to forget about her past and the heartache she was going through, and that somehow that's exactly what happened. And... she had this guy to thank. Now, she offered him a much better smile, an appreciative one with a hint of mischievousness.

Nabooru fainted!

Adam Samak
PM   Email
^
Adam Samak
 Posted: 9/10/17, 06:22 pm
Sev
78 posts
Pokémon Trainer

And just like that the battle was over. The Flechinder fell to the ground with a thump and her trainer raced to pick her up. Margarita trotted back to him, clearly proud of herself. Adam crouched and gave the electric canine a few pats before returning her to her pokeball. He stood as Dakota crossed the arena toward him, clipping Margarita's pokeball back in it's place as he did so. "You didn't do too bad yourself considering you were up against a Gym Trainer and at a disadvantage for the most part. You still managed to take out two of my pokemon." Well, technically she had only truly defeated one and Anisette had taken pity on the inexperienced girl and let herself be 'defeated', but still. If Margarita hadn't had a significant type advantage or if Adam had chosen different pokemon the battle might have gone the other way.

When she offered him another smile, one that didn't seem quite as forced as the first, Adam flashed her his signature grin. "Now that's the kind of smile I like to see. Come on. I know I promised you a drink but we owe it to our pokemon to see that they get healed up first." And if she refused well...he certainly couldn't force her to go to the pokemon center. And if she wanted the drink he'd promised to buy her she'd be left waiting for a while because he'd just head home for the night after stopping at the pokemon center and leave her sitting at the bar.

Regardless of her answer, Adam headed for the door and back out into the noise of the club. The place was like his home away from home and he reveled in the pulse of the music and the press of bodies around him. He weaved his way carefully through the crowd and headed for the door. Once outside, he took a breath of the fresh air and lingered a moment to allow Dakota to catch up if she was going to join him.

Dakota Gilbert
(So I kinda left it open for her to join him or not, lol. If she does (which I kinda figure she will, lol) you can have them head to the pokemon center and have their pokemon healed up before they head off to whatever it is they're going to do next. They can head back to the bar or just walk around town or whatever you think Dakota would do at this point. I kinda figure it's getting late so maybe she mentions needing a place to stay and they head to Adam's place? He could pick up some drinks for them on the way there since he did promise after all, lol.)
PM   
^
Dakota Gilbert
 Posted: 9/21/17, 01:15 pm
Lisa
92 posts
Pokémon Trainer

No one ever likes to lose, and normally Dakota is a pretty sore loser. She doesn't like to show weakness and especially not to a man. However, at least this particular man was attractive and a pretty decent gentleman. The second their eyes locked any frustration she had been holding on to seemed to slip away. If the man smiled, she might forget she even lost in the first place. He had made a good point, that she was at a disadvantage after all, and complimented her. She shrugged, acting cool and indifferent.

Her face flushed a little at his next compliment about her smile. She couldn't help it. Most of the time she put a lot of effort into not smiling much, so the guys never had the opportunity to make her blush. She had let her guard down with this one though, after the adventure they just went through together. And in her mind, the night was still young. He had made her a bet at the beginning of the evening, and she fully intended to see the bet through. Sure, she had lost, but regardless of who was victorious the deal was a drink. For crying out loud, that's all she had even wanted in the first place. What DOES a girl have to do to get a drink around here?

At his insistence that they heal their pokémon up first, Dakota agreed and nodded. "Yeah, I know she's fine but I'd really like to take care of Samara too. I feel unsafe when she's not at my side ready to go." Dakota let out before she could stop herself. She must feel comfortable with this guy because again, she was showing weakness by admitting she didn't feel safe alone. Samara was her best friend, and always ready to fight along side her. Having her not only weakened but asleep inside her pokéball made Dakota very nervous.

Luckily for her, it didn't seem like he thought that way about her at all. He either didn't care or was too distracted and either way she was glad. They had already begun to walk back through the club, and Dakota followed closely behind him. As soon as the door had opened the music burst through it loudly as if it had been trapped inside, waiting to be freed. She couldn't hear anything over the music if he was talking to her, and they had to weave through the crowd of bodies to get to the front door. A teensy part of her wanted to reach for his hand, using the chance they might get separated as an excuse. You can tell a lot about a man by his hands, whether they are rough and callused or soft and smooth... She chose not to, pushing the innocent giggly girl inside her back down into the darkness.

They stepped out into the cool, city air. Dakota took in a deep breath of fresh air, as the air inside had been thick with humidity, body heat and breath. He had waited outside the door for her to catch up, as a gentleman should. She joined him by his side and they took to the street in the direction of the nearest pokémon center. As always, she pulled her hood up over her head and shoved her hands into the center pocket of her hoodie. It was quiet at first, neither of them said anything. She began to feel a little anxious, as long silences between two people always felt awkward to her. Her brain rushed around trying to think of something else to say to break the silence.

She cleared her throat. "So uhm... I know our original bet was that if I lost, you'd buy me a drink and I'd have to tell you all about my troubles..." she spoke, gaining confidence as the words escaped her. "But to be honest, I've forgotten all about why I was pissed off in the first place." She laughed, allowing herself to smile again in hopes to attract him a little bit more. It was hard to make eye contact while they were walking side by side, but she looked over and up at him anyway. "So, if it's alright with you, I'd rather keep it this way and not revisit those thoughts..."

As they took their first steps up the stairs of the pokémon center entrance, she realized she hadn't thought far enough ahead about what to do next. What were their options then if they weren't headed back to the bar? She'd still be up for a drink if he wanted to, she just didn't feel like talking about her issues. Especially not after he had done an excellent job of making her forget all about it. They could keep walking and chatting, she supposed. Maybe he knew of another place he liked to hang out? He held the door open for her and she stepped through, giving him a nod as a thank you.

They approached the counter together. Luckily it was a pretty quiet night, or maybe it was just that late. Only a few other trainers were in the waiting room and they had already been tended to. Dakota and Adam handed over there pokéballs and were told it would take just a few minutes. They stepped to the side to wait, so she continued. "So I guess the question is... what now?" she asked, shoving her hands back into the hoodie pocket. "Before it gets too late I need to check in somewhere. I still haven't found where I'm staying tonight..." she explained, her voice trailing off. Fuck, how had she been so careless? She should have checked into an Inn before heading to the bar in the first place. That's what letting your emotions get out of control does for you, nothing.

She forced the worry and anxiety she felt just then out of her mind, still attempting to keep a very cool, easy-going exterior appearance. It was no big deal to her that she didn't have a place to stay yet tonight, right? She was used to it. At least that's what she wanted everyone around her to think. Who cares. Her eyes lifted to meet his as she waited for his answer. Hopefully he didn't pick up on her worry. Hopefully he did pick up on the look of longing in her eyes. This evening had been fun, really! She had a great time and this guy had been rather flirty when they first met, and she liked it. To be honest, she didn't want to lose his company right now, not yet anyway. Just a little more, if he'd let her.

Adam Samak
(All I had to do was re-read the start of this thread and I'm bursting with excitement all over again. YES she's of course going to the pokémon center with him. She definitely still wants to share a drink with him, unless he doesn't want to. I left it open for him to answer her throughout their walk and in the pokémon center. I'm still rooting for our original plan with these two ^.~)
PM   Email
^
Adam Samak
 Posted: 9/22/17, 04:40 pm
Sev
78 posts
Pokémon Trainer

His little bit of flirting seemed to do the trick...at least somewhat. Mostly she seemed to just need the company of the pokemon he was assuming was her partner. He knew he felt alone without Corona in her usual place on his shoulder. Of course, how anyone could feel more comfortable with a ghost hanging around he had no idea...but he also had a very strong aversion to ghosts, especially Haunter and it's kind. Either way, it wasn't longer than a few seconds before she joined him outside. He tucked his hands into his pockets and headed for the nearby pokemon center. He was tempted to release Corona so he'd have her familiar weight on his shoulder but he left her in her pokeball. She'd be mildly annoyed at having been kept inside for so long but she'd get over it.

He was lost in thought, mostly over what she must think of his reaction to her Haunter, when Dakota spoke up. He glanced at her out of the corner of his eye and she spoke but as she finished he turned to her and offered her a mischievous grin. "Good. That was the whole point of the bet anyway. To help distract you from whatever was bothering you and, hopefully, from wanting to drown your sorrows in an ocean of alcohol." He turned back to watch where he was going with a self satisfied smirk. "So yeah, that's perfectly fine by me. Negative emotions ruin an evening anyway." Not that he was sure there was going to be much more to their evening at this point. If she didn't want to talk maybe she didn't care about getting the drink. Or maybe she still just wanted a drink, like he'd promised, and then they'd go their separate ways.

Whatever happened next, they would have to wait until their pokemon were tended to. He chatted briefly with one of the nurses as they handed over their pokemon, complete with a bit of flirting and charming grins, before stepping away to wait with Dakota. "I kinda figured you still wanted a drink." He replied, lounging comfortably on one of the benches in the waiting area. Her next words made him frown and he glanced out the window. The city was full of inns and hotels but the only places that were likely to let anyone check in at this hour were of the cheap, sleazy variety. He had a spare room in his apartment but he wasn't sure he wanted that Haunter withing ten miles of his home. But Dakota needed a place to stay. He glanced back at her and their eyes met. He saw the longing in her gaze but wasn't sure what to make of it. Was she just longing for that drink he'd promised her? Hoping he might offer her a room for the night? Did she just assume he had a spare bed or was she hoping to share his? He was probably quiet for a bit longer than she might have hoped but he eventually shrugged and flashed her a smile. "I've got a spare room. You can crash at my place tonight if you want to. I only have one request though. Your Haunter has to stay in her pokeball." It was up to her if she wanted to accept or decline.

Dakota Gilbert
PM   
^
Dakota Gilbert
 Posted: 10/5/17, 01:41 pm
Lisa
92 posts
Pokémon Trainer

They had moved to one of the benches in the lobby while they waited for their pokémon to return. Adam sat comfortably against the back rest, but Dakota couldn't shake this uneasy feeling in her gut and sat up straight and awkwardly. This was the first time since moving to Eden that Samara wasn't by her side. She had only battled a few times with her so far, and most times all Samara needed was a few berries or a potion. Dakota worried about how Samara would recover. Would she be angry? Upset? Or would she be just fine, her normal mischivous self?

The uneasiness she felt must have come through when she mentioned her lack of sleeping arrangements for the evening. Her mind raced back to the beginning of the night, and how she had planned to drink herself silly and go home with whatever willing man or woman she came across. Dakota was a good girl at heart, but her heart had been broken. She had so far managed to avoid any shady or dangerous characters, but part of her knew she needed to start being more careful. However, falling into the Nightshade world was still her end goal, so perhaps she wanted to attract the shady and dangerous folk anyway.

Adam's voice snapped her back to reality. He had offered his place for her to stay. Dakota blinked, frozen in place and unsure how to respond. Sure, she knew it was a tiny possibility when she mentioned she didn't have a place to stay, but she hadn't expected him to offer just like that. Her heart rate jumped as she stared into his eyes. She felt that familiar fluttering in her chest again and a smirk spread on her lips. She glanced down at her hands to break their gaze, feeling an overwhelming urge to lean in and kiss him.

Before she could respond, a voice broke the silence over the intercom speakers. "Dakota Gilbert to the front desk, please. Dakota Gilbert to the front desk." it rang out, startling her and making her jump to her feet. She left Adam behind, her stomach sinking even more than it had already. Had something happened? Was Samara in worse shape than she thought? Immediately she began to regret this entire evening, making bets and starting battles. Or maybe she should have returned Samara earlier in the battle. Maybe she had failed her.

Her shaky hands came to rest on the reception counter as she approached. The nurse behind the desk smiled warmly at her. "Here you are! Take care!" she said, sliding a tray of three pokéballs towards her. Dakota gulped and shook her head. Damn anxiety. She returned the warm smile and scooped up her pokéballs, just as the intercom called for Adam Samak to come to the desk as well. Their pokémon were fine, everyone was fine. It took everything Dakota had to not summon Samara right then and there. Which brought back to her attention that Adam had politely asked her not to.

Now that both of them had their pokémon, safe and sound, the worry and anxiety left Dakota altogether. It would only take a minute for her spunky, trouble-making self to return. She motioned towards the door by tilting her head. "Shall we?" she asked, offering Adam a smile. What were they going to do now? Dakota wasn't ready to call it a night just yet, but maybe Adam was. Her mind was still racing around trying to think of how to respond to his offer. Sure, she wanted a place to stay. She needed one. But first, she needed to figure out what his intentions were. Was he offering because he was a genuinely nice guy who didn't want a girl to sleep on the streets? Or was he feeling the same chemistry between them that she was, and wanted more from her?

The cool air blew past them and into the lobby as they stepped outside. Dakota had put Boo and Kai's pokéballs away, but couldn't help herself and cupped Samara's in her right hand. She just wanted to keep her close, even if she couldn't let her out and throw her arms around her. Deciding to ignore the pressing matters at hand, Dakota changed the subject. "So, what is it with you and my Haunter anyway? I mean, yeah she's a ghost, but she doesn't go around haunting people and throwing objects. She's actually really nice." Dakota asked, legitimately curious and still feeling somewhat bad for laughing at him earlier. "Plus... she's the best friend I've got." she added, the emo part of her personality pushing through.

Adam Samak
(I'm so sorry. This feels right again. I won't delay responses again. <3)
PM   Email
^
Adam Samak
 Posted: 10/6/17, 05:49 pm
Sev
78 posts
Pokémon Trainer

Adam smirked at the way Dakota waited literally on the edge of her seat. She really was attached to that damn ghost wasn't she? He couldn't help a small roll of his eyes and a laugh. "Relax. It's just a pokemon center, nothing to be so on edge about. Nothing's going to happen and if it does I'll be your knight in shining armor and protect you." He teased before picking up a magazine and pushing it toward her. "At the very least read this or something. You're making me look like some creeper you don't want to be around, sitting like that." He added, settling back into his comfortable sprawl.

When their eyes met after he offered her a place to stay for the night, there was a spark of...something in her gaze before she looked away. He knew that look. He got it often enough from girls at the bar, after all. He also knew she had likely caught a glimpse of that same spark in his eyes. He almost took back his offer right then and there but he couldn't do that. He'd already said it and taking it back would just make him look like an ass. He just hoped she didn't get the wrong idea about him. Yes he flirted and made suggestive comments to just about everyone, and yes he'd offered her a place to stay...but he had fully intended for her to sleep in his spare room. He didn't ask everyone he found attractive home with him. He wasn't that kind of guy.

The moment was broken by their names being called over the intercom. Dakota practically jumped out of her skin and Adam had to take a deep breath to center his emotions and hope that they could resume their casual banter and forget about that moment of longing between them. He collected his pokemon from the desk and returned them to their places, facing Dakota with a smile that hid any of the previous thoughts he'd had. "We shall indeed." He said, adjusting his bag and following her outside. Once they were more or less alone on the sidewalk, he glanced around them. He knew of a few places they could go to get a bite to eat and a couple drinks. There were also several convenience stores where they could just buy something and go back to his place. Since she hadn't actually answered his offer, he wasn't sure if suggesting that was a good idea.

Before he could decide anything, however, Dakota asked him a question and he felt his stomach churn at the idea of talking about his...'episode' during their battle. He'd very nearly forfeit the match right then and there. And would she ever believe him if he told her why he felt that way? Considering how attached she was to her Haunter he wondered if she'd be offended at the very idea that a pokemon could do such a thing. Trying for a casual tone, he shrugged and cast a look at the pokeball she still held. "Everyone is afraid of something, aren't they? Ghosts just aren't my thing. It's not exactly something I really want to talk about to someone I barely know but..." He hesitated a moment before turning his back to her and lifting the hem of his shirt just far enough that she could see some of the scars that trailed down his back. "I was attacked by a ghost pokemon when I was a kid." That, he hoped, would suffice and that she wouldn't press him for more details.

He let his shirt fall back into place and turned back to her with an obviously fake smile. "So! How about those drinks? Or some ice cream? I actually know a place near here that sells a wine ice cream that's to die for." If his attempt to deter her before didn't work hopefully his abrupt change of topic would.

Dakota Gilbert
PM   
^
Dakota Gilbert
 Posted: 10/7/17, 07:27 pm
Lisa
92 posts
Pokémon Trainer

If there was ever a time in Dakota's life that she regret being nosy, it was now. Adam's reasoning behind his fear of ghosts was worse, and more personal, than she ever thought possible. It never occured to her that something traumatic had happened. Dakota wasn't the most thoughtful, sensitive girl, and ends up putting her foot in her mouth more often than not. Adam's explanation was quick and to the point, and before she could respond he asked to leave it alone and move on. "My bad." was all she managed to get out, and she slyly dropped Samara's pokéball into the side pocket of her bag. If the two had been close friends, had known each other for more than a few hours, she might press him to discuss it further. She was practically a stranger though, and even though she badly wanted to apologize for her insensitivity, she bit her tongue like he asked and respected his wish to discontinue the conversation.

The entire situation made them both uncomfortable, she was sure. Luckily he moved right along and offered to grab a bite to eat or get some ice cream. First of all, has he even looked at her? Did she look like a girl that sits with her date at an ice cream parlor sharing licks of each other's cones? No. But was it safe to assume everyone liked ice cream? Probably. The offer was tempting, but Dakota wasn't really in the mood. Dakota doesn't do cutesie dates. even if that wasn't really his intention, she just couldn't get the image of them sitting at a small table, feet close together, getting ice cream on their noses and giggling out of her head.

"As good as wine ice cream sounds," she said sarcastically, but hoped he didn't pick up on it, "I'm not really in the mood for ice cream. I'm actually pretty hungry. Know anywhere nearby we can grab a bite and maybe a drink or two?" she asked. It was true, their battle had worked up quite an appetite for her, and it had been since lunch that she last ate. However, maybe if the two had some time to really chat and have a few drinks together, that spark between them would light up again. She liked the flirting, the excitement, the mystery... much more than this awkward anxiety she felt this very moment.

She had to keep her eyes on the prize. Her goal when she walked into the club at Ironwood Gym was to have a few drinks, get a good buzz going, hit on some poor unsuspecting male or female at the bar, and hopefully end up back at their place losing articles of clothing one at a time. She hadn't expected the guy next to her to be a clever, witty bartender that would refuse to serve her a drink until she talked. She wanted to go back to that. He had a sexy smile, and when he was laughing or amused with himself, his eyes sparkled and made her heart skip a beat. Maybe, just maybe... if she could get him back in that situation, they could go back to flirting and teasing. She wanted him to offer his place for her to stay because he wanted to take her home with him, not out of pity for her lack of preparedness.

Adam Samak
(How's that? haha...)
PM   Email
^
Adam Samak
 Posted: 10/12/17, 08:00 pm
Sev
78 posts
Pokémon Trainer

Though Adam had half hoped to get an actual apology from Dakota for being nosy and laughing at him, he also appreciated that she let the subject die without further comment. Not everyone would be as understanding and would keep pushing for more information until he either gave it to them or snapped and punched them in the face. Either of those things would mean an early end to their evening and that was unacceptable, especially when things were promising to be quite interesting the more they spent time together.

Adam arched an eyebrow at the sarcasm concerning the wine ice cream. "Don't knock it til you try it. I thought it sounded weird at first too but it's delicious." And he could get away with eating as much as he wanted and Corona wouldn't bother him. She didn't seem to grasp the concept of 'ice cream made from alcohol'. Not that he'd ever attempted to actually get drunk off of it and eating too much often resulted in brain freeze so there was that. "I don't remember dinner being part of our deal. I promised you drinks, not food." He pointed out, smirking a bit as he said it. He didn't really mind buying something to eat but...what did they want? Should they go somewhere? Did he offer to cook for her and pick up some drinks at a store? His stomach grumbled at him to remind him he hadn't had dinner yet and he laughed and shrugged.

"But since we're both hungry anyway I might as well feed us. Got anything in mind? There's a couple places near here we could get some decent food. Let's see...there's the taco cart on the corner by the park, an Italian place that has some of the best pizza in the city, the little Thai shop across from my apartment has some really good stuff, the all-night waffle house is good too....anything sounding good so far?" He questioned, mentally going through some of his favorite food hangouts. "I can also cook but that requires stopping at a store to get some stuff and you never did actually answer me about where you were gonna stay tonight." He was starting to feel more like himself again, talking about his favorite food places was doing wonders to help him focus on something other than his past and his fear of ghost pokemon.

Dakota Gilbert
PM   
^
Dakota Gilbert
 Posted: 10/25/17, 06:42 pm
Lisa
92 posts
Pokémon Trainer

She was glad Adam didn't persist with the wine ice cream. Instead, he went through a list of nearby eateries he thought of off the top of his head. Dakota's eyebrows raised at the mention of pizza. At this time of night, after the battle they had, pizza sounded like the best idea in the world. Most pizza places carried beer as well, and an ice cold one sounded wonderful. Even if it was an actual Italian place, they'd still for sure have something to drink. "Oh! Pizza sounds perfect. Wanna go there?" she blurted out, talking over the sudden sound of her stomach growling.

They began their journey towards the Italian place, and Dakota figured she couldn't put off answering his question any longer. She wasn't really sure how to answer it, to be honest. Yes, absolutely, she needed a place to stay. And yes, it was very kind of him to offer. No, she wasn't planning on using him for a place to stay. Would he think that? If things continued in the direction they were going, would he assume she got "close to him" in hopes for a place to stay? Because that was most certainly not her intention. If someone from the bar took her home with them, like she intended, she'd have a place to stay anyway.

So. She needed to answer his question, and the best way she knew how to do that was to be herself. She glanced up at him, gave him a mischievous smirk, and winked. "Play your cards right, and you'll see for yourself." she responded. Feeling her heart rate speed up in anticipation, she bit her lower lip and quickly looked away, blushing. They pressed on, eventually arriving at the front door of a neat, cozy little Italian restaurant. Adam, being the gentleman he is, held the door open for her and she stepped inside. Within a few minutes, they were seated and ordering. Dakota chose a stout beer and waited for Adam to put in his drink order before they'd need to discuss pizza. Would they split something or each get their own?

Adam Samak
PM   Email
^
Adam Samak
 Posted: 11/3/17, 08:13 pm
Sev
78 posts
Pokémon Trainer

Of the places Adam had listed, the taco cart was definitely his favorite. Of course, the taco cart was rather specific in what it sold. Tacos. No drinks. So he wasn't surprised when Dakota didn't go for it. And at least she'd opted for one of the things he'd suggested. She could have come up with 'oh but I want sushi' and he'd have had to figure out some way to politely decline and find something else. Adam liked a lot of things but sushi was definitely not one of them! "Pizza's fine. It's not like I'd suggest something I wouldn't eat." He replied with a grin.

Things were somewhat quiet as they walked. Dakota was off in her own little world thinking about...whatever it was girls thought about. Adam was fine with the quiet since they weren't going far anyway. It also gave him an opportunity to think about a few things himself. Mostly about why Dakota wasn't answering his offer. If she didn't want to crash in his guest room, all she had to do was say so. Unless....did she think he expected something in return? He didn't but she wouldn't necessarily know that. She could think he was some sort of creepy serial killer or 'one of those guys who asked any pretty girl who caught his eye home with him. Neither of those were true. He had offered because it was the right thing to do. He arched an eyebrow at her when she did finally look at him and spoke before blushing and looking away again. "It's really not a difficult decision to make. It's not like I'm asking you to sell me your soul or anything." He told her with an amused grin, though the way she'd answered him suggested that she did indeed think he expected something. Or perhaps she did.

Either way he chose not to comment on it further and they reached the resturant shortly after. It wasn't so much an Italian place like most might think of it. It was more like a 'fancy' pizzaria if the term 'fancy' was applied loosely. They had a giant brick oven and did all their pizzas in that. They also had a selection of pastas and the like that allowed them to dub themselves 'Italian'. They entered and found a seat. Dakota ordered a stout beer and Adam hesitated, gaze shifting between the list of sodas and the alcoholic stuff before finally deciding on a beer for himself as well. Corona never bothered him when he only had one or two drinks with dinner so he should be fine. With their drinks ordered Adam turned his attention to the food. They had individual sized pizzas so people who didn't want to share could get what they wanted and larger sizes for families or people who agreed on toppings. Since Adam barely knew Dakota, he opted for the smaller pizza.

~*Brief Time Skip because I don't know what to write xD*~

By the time they'd finished their dinner Adam was feeling more like himself, flirting and being witty and charming. He had also had maybe one or two more drinks than he should have and had a rather pleasant buzz going. As they stepped out into the night air he turned and 'cornered' Dakota against the side of the building. She could quite easily duck under his arms and get away from him if she wanted to. "So. Did I play the right cards? Do I get to find out if you've decided to accept my offer of a warm bed to sleep in for the night?" He leaned in a bit closer, almost as if he was going to kiss her but stopped short and gave her a grin. "I might even be willing to share mine if you ask nicely." He said, grin turning from amused to mischievous. Considering the amount of flirting and innuendo they'd shared over dinner and drinks, he was curious to see what she'd make of that statement. Had he meant that she could have his bed and he'd sleep on the couch or had he meant 'share' in a more...intimate manner? Even he wasn't sure which made things even more fun.

Dakota Gilbert
PM   
^
Dakota Gilbert
 Posted: 11/9/17, 01:48 pm
Lisa
92 posts
Pokémon Trainer

The two decided on their own individual pizzas rather than negotiating toppings. The beer and mini pizza really hit the spot, and Dakota was feeling a hundred times better. Adam seemed to be brighter and happier as well. The beginning of the evening and their battle seemed to fade away as they talked, about this and that. Dakota had finished her third beer and had a pretty good buzz going when she decided it was probably a good idea to stop. The two settled the check and stepped back out into the cool, night air.

Dakota was really having a good time. Adam was cute, charming, funny... witty. She liked a guy that wouldn't take bullshit from anyone. She liked that he challenged her, that he met her attitude with an attitude of his own. He also had one of those smiles that you just couldn't resist, you had to smile back. And Dakota is not a big fan of smiling. She preferred the I'm-angry-all-the-time look. However, every now and then she opened up and let her guard down. With Adam, it was easy.

Before they could turn in whatever direction they were headed next, Adam turned and pinned her against the wall. With both of his arms braced on either side of her, her only escape was to duck down and slip out sideways. Who said she wanted to escape? His sudden close proximity caused her heart to skip a beat. She became nervous, but in a good way. In a "is he going to kiss me?" way. She caught the faint scent of his cologne as he spoke. "So. Did I play the right cards?" he asked, in reference to her proposal from earlier. A smirk spread across her lips.

He leaned in closer. Her body began to panic, but she fought it and stood still. He might actually kiss her. Instead, he asked once more about his offer of a place to stay for the night. "I might even be willing to share mine, if you ask nicely." he said softly, with a mischievous grin. She almost melted, standing there so close to him. He turned from cute and flirty to irresistibly sexy in a matter of seconds. How did he do that? What could she even say? She could have said no, just to keep up the ruse, but she did want him. She couldn't deny it any longer.

"I have decided, yes..." she began. She leaned in just a touch closer, closing in but a mere inch of the space between their lips. Her eyes met his, surely giving up her secret that she wanted more from him than just his bed. Her heart was pounding so hard in her chest, she was surprised he couldn't hear it. "Adam..." she said, pausing for dramatic effect. She wanted this spark between them to grow into flames. "Please? Can I please come home with you?" she whispered, biting her lower lip to keep herself from closing the last inch between them and throwing her arms around his neck.

(Adam Samak, I really wanted them to kiss! But didn't want to proceed without you here to ask first. ^.^ If you want me to edit it so she does, let me know! Otherwise, it's up to you!~)
PM   Email
^
Adam Samak
 Posted: 11/9/17, 07:36 pm
Sev
78 posts
Pokémon Trainer

She smirked at his question at first, a look that suggested she might continue to toy with him, to refuse to answer because she enjoyed keeping him guessing. But the moment he leaned in he could see something change in her expression and he knew he'd 'won' their little game. She looked up at him and he could see her desire clear in her gaze.

Taking random strangers home for a tumble in bed was not usually something he did. After a couple of actual dates, yes, but never only a few hours after meeting someone. At least not since he'd been sober. But he couldn't pretend there wasn't a spark between him and Dakota. Whether that would grow into something more or would fade over time only time would tell. For now, he was going to enjoy whatever chemistry was brewing between them and let the future decide for itself what would become of it. When she spoke, he let his smile grow, let her see that he knew what effect he'd had on her. Her quiet question...she was almost begging for him to say yes, to let her come home with him. He had already offered so it wasn't like he was going to say no but he was definitely going to have a bit more fun with her. So he leaned back some, and tapped her on the nose. "Wrong question. I already offered to let you come home with me so saying no now would just be ridiculous." He told her, acting as though he was going to step away before leaning back in and capturing her lips in a kiss. It was a brief kiss but with a promise of more. No sense in getting too carried away while standing in the middle of the sidewalk, after all. "But I don't think either one of us will be satisfied sleeping alone. Come on. My place isn't far from here." Corona was going to be ticked that he'd left her in her pokeball all night. But he would deal with her sometime tomorrow. Tonight he was going to enjoy himself.

Dakota Gilbert
PM   
^
Dakota Gilbert
 Posted: 11/11/17, 07:50 pm
Lisa
92 posts
Pokémon Trainer

Adam teased her some more, as she hadn't really answered the question directly, still. She couldn't help it. She was a little too insecure to come right out and say, "I want to sleep in your bed with you." or even better, "I want to sleep with you... in your bed." Being bold and speaking her mind when it came to sex was not her thing. She tended to lean towards body language rather than verbal language. However, the teasing from Adam was fun and enticing and she liked it.

She could sense a little bit of the same longing in his eyes that she felt, and just when she thought he was going to step away, he leaned in and kissed her. His lips pressed to hers, just enough to suggest there was plenty more where that came from, before he pulled away. He must be planning to save the good stuff for later. A wide grin spread across her face when he cut the crap and stated they could share his bed. She felt giddy as he turned in the direction of his place, and stated that it wasn't far from where they were. Finally, she was going home with the hot guy from the bar.

-End-

Adam Samak
(Hope this is okay! Just wanted a quick wrap up of her thoughts as well. Thanks again, this thread was a blast, plus we got a battle in!)
PM   Email
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Options   Pages: (3) 1 2 3  Reply   New Topic   New Poll   

RPG-D  FF:Adventu PLEDGE -- a pokémon roleplay Pokemon: Forever Forgotten
Pokemon: Terrene Kaleidoscope