paradise • a pokémon adventure
cbox

welcome

Established in July 2014, Paradise is a pokémon role-play community that’s all about getting back to the basics. With a simplified training system, we focus more on writing than grinding for levels. Join us today and begin your adventure in the Eden region!

information

Getting Started Setting Information Trainer Classes Game Mechanics Field Guide Eden League Rules & FAQ

updates

October 15 – It's that time again, folks! The annual Harvest Festival has begun in Wisteria Town, and everyone is getting into the Halloween spirit. Characters participating in the event are eligible for some sweet treats, so be sure to get in on the celebrations~!

shortcuts

Training Log Wild Encounters Breeding Records Adoption Center Face Claims Player Directory Open Threads

Reply   New Topic   New Poll   

(!) Battle Preparations
Vexel Mitore
 Posted: 8/28/17, 11:22 am
Sev
281 posts
Pokémon Trainer

As the date of his gym challenge against the leader of the Wisteria Gym grew closer, Vex spent more and more time working with his pokemon to prepare them for the battle to come. And that meant challenging other trainers or going out in search of wild pokemon. Today he'd chosen to head into the Amaranth Forest in search of wild pokemon to battle in the hopes of training up some of his less experienced pokemon. Of course, a nice workout for some of his stronger pokemon wasn't out of the question either if he happened to run into a stronger opponent.

Since he didn't know what he would ultimately encounter, he didn't have any of his pokemon out of their pokeballs. He was alone with his thoughts for the time being. And, as per usual, his thoughts turned to Aria and the plans they were making for their future. So far, all they had decided on is that they were going to get married. There were still dates to pick from, a venue, cakes and flowers and a slew of other things Vex had never given much thought to when he'd imagined eventually getting married. There was a lot more to wedding planning than he'd thought. He was sure they'd figure it out eventually and that their wedding would be perfect but right now it felt as if they weren't getting anything accomplished.

A sound drew him out of his thoughts and he paused, looking around for it's source, ready to call on one of his pokemon to battle if he needed to.

Random Event
PM   
^
Random Event
 Posted: 8/28/17, 09:09 pm
Staff
743 posts
Administrator

a wild delphox appeared!

gold tier
female
blaze

mystical fire psychic will o' wisp shadow ball flamethrower

PM   Email
^
Wild Pokémon
 Posted: 9/5/17, 01:16 pm
NPC
3342 posts
NPC

Oh goodness, oh dear, what am I going to do? she pondered, a little frantic at this point now. Where on earth had her offspring wandered off to? Goodness they grow up so fast, just the other day they couldn't even walk. Now they were walking! She must keep a better eye on them from now on. Both her little boy and little girl were nowhere to be found, and with each second that passed her heart began to race even faster. There were all sorts of predators in the forest, what if... No. She couldn't even go there.

"Phoooooooooooo!" she called out as loud as she could. She knew that crying out might draw unwanted attention to her, but at this point she was desperate. The two little Fennekin couldn't have gotten very far! And within hearing distance they'd be able to cry out in response. Her ears twitched as she listened and concentrated, hoping to pick up any sound of movement nearby. Nothing. She called out once more, slightly louder this time. Oh! There was something up ahead! Reacting quickly, the Delphox darted forward between the trees.

She came to a halt, hoping to approach quietly in case it was not her offspring she had heard. Leaning against the nearest tree, she carefully peeked around it. Damn, a human. Her initial instinct was to run as far and as fast as she could, but she couldn't. Her babies were out here! Lost and defenseless! Not only would she be abandoning them she might be leaving them in the dangerous hands of the stranger! She couldn't do that. Instead, she stepped out from behind the tree and into the path of the human. At least the human was alone and without any pokémon.

Excuse me. I beg of you, please keep an eye out for two little red foxes. They are my children and I adore them so. she explained. She knew the human wouldn't be able to fully understand her, so she did her best to make her tone sound as helpless and worried as possible. It wasn't hard, she really was helpless and worried. "Del... delphox, phox..." was all the trainer would hear. Her ears drooped sadly and she lowered her head. If this human could help in any way, she had to take a chance. It was risky, because the trainer could do exactly the opposite and attempt to harm her or her offspring if he came across them. Hopefully, he was a kind human and either offer to help or at least stay away from the area.

Vexel Mitore
(Tag Aria Wolfe!~)
PM   Email
^
Vexel Mitore
 Posted: 9/5/17, 05:18 pm
Sev
281 posts
Pokémon Trainer

Vex hadn't found much of note in the forest so far but it was still early and he had all day to explore and train. A cry from somewhere in the forest made him slow and reach for the pokeballs clipped to his belt. He let his hand rest there, fingers tracing the various markings that identified which pokemon was contained within, as he ventured forward at a somewhat slower pace. Whatever had cried out had sounded close and he didn't want to stumble onto some angry pokemon unprepared. The cry sounded again, louder and closer this time, and he stopped. It had sounded like it was coming from ahead of him and it hadn't sounded happy. It also hadn't sounded angry but he had no way of knowing for sure.

Deciding he would approach carefully, he moved forward a few steps and cursed quietly when he accidentally startled a Buneary he hadn't seen hiding nearby and it took off deeper into the forest with a squeal and a thudding of paws. And now something else was heading his way. He could hear movement and see something moving between the trunks but he couldn't catch a good enough look to see what it was. Moments later, he found himself face to face with a Delphox. It seemed to be trying to speak to him, asking him something if he was judging the tone of her voice right. And she looked distressed, with her ears down and a her head hanging she looked like she was in trouble. He relaxed his stance a bit and tried to look non-threatening. "I don't understand...I'm not going to hurt you but I need one of my pokemon to help me, okay?" He told the Delphox. His hand found Suturi's pokeball and he unclipped it.

Hoping not to look threatening, he simply gave the button a tap to release the Braixen. Suturi appeared in a flash of light and shook her head, blinking and sniffing the air at the familiar smells of the forest she had once called home. She reached for her stick at the sight of the Delphox but Vex's voice stopped her. "No Su, we're not here to fight. I think she needs our help. Can you translate?" He didn't understand Suturi any better than he did the Delphox but the Braixen was clever and had figured out how to act out what she was trying to say if Vex seemed like he wasn't getting it. The Braixen nodded and dropped her paws to her sides. "I'm sorry I was going to attack you. Please tell me what you need and we'll do our best to help." She offered, knowing that Vex would do whatever he could to help this Delphox. She did wonder, very breifly, if he was thinking of trying to catch the fully evolved pokemon and replacing her but she pushed the thought aside. Vex wasn't like that and it was unkind of her to even think it.

Aria Wolfe
(Thanks for grabbing this~ Can't wait to see how this turns out. I may have to do a bit of breeding for a pair of baby Fennekin if Vex finds them, lol ;D)
PM   
^
Wild Pokémon
 Posted: 9/6/17, 10:40 pm
NPC
3342 posts
NPC

She was relieved. The human did not immediately draw out his pokémon to attack her, and his expression seemed to soften at the sound of her voice. At the very least he seemed concerned, which she was thankful for. Even though he couldn't understand her, he did seem to understand that she was in need of some help and desperate enough to trust a stranger. To top it off, he explained in a soft, non-threatening voice that he needed one of his pokémon to help translate for him. How lucky was she? He even had pokémon on him that could help!

Her heart was already pounding from her chest, so when he reached for a pokéball it didn't phase her. The scariest thing in the world for her was losing her pups, and she was already there. The pokémon he summoned to help them burst from the pokéball ready to attack. She flinched, but to her surprise it was a Braixen, a fellow fox pokémon from her same species. Even in this moment of great stress, she couldn't help but smile. Really, how lucky was she that this particular passerby owned one of her own blood?

Oh thank goodness! I am so lucky you are here, she began to explain, feeling slightly less worried already. You see, I have two little angels, and I left them tucked inside the large hollow log over there to collect some food. When I came back, they were gone! They are growing up so fast, I never thought they'd wander off on their own already. I can't find them anywhere... she explained, and grew emotional as she finished her story. She let out a cry of pain, feeling a deep ache in her heart for her babies. She sniffled, and tried to continue. H-have... have you seen them?

Vexel Mitore
PM   Email
^
Vexel Mitore
 Posted: 9/9/17, 10:54 am
Sev
281 posts
Pokémon Trainer

Suturi was quiet as the Delphox spoke, taking in the situation and already trying to figure out how best to convey the message to Vex. "I've been traveling in my pokeball so far today so I haven't seen them." She was sure Vex hadn't seen them either because she knew he hadn't stopped for very long so far today. "I don't think Vex has seen them either. But we'll do our best to help you find them. We might need more pokemon to help us though, ones with the ability to track the little ones by scent." Suturi was proud of her sense of smell but she was fully aware that Ryna and Inik were better at tracking things than she was. If anyone could find two lost young foxes it was those two.

She turned toward Vex and immediatley put a paw up by her eyes and started scanning their surroundings. It was an action Vex had taught her to signify looking for something. Vex nodded. "So she's looking for something. Looking for what?" This part was a little harder but Suturi pointed from herself to the Delphox and then lowered herself to the ground to crawl on all fours like a Fennekin. She could tell Vex wasn't quite sure what she was trying to do so she used her claws to etch the vague shape of an egg in the dirt. She pointed to that and then to herself. Vex frowned but kept looking from the egg to Suturi. With a huff, the brixen clawed a few more symbols in the dirt next to the egg. An x and two circles. She pointed to the first circle and then to herself, then the second circle followed the the Delphox. "An egg, you and her?" Suturi nodded and then pointed to the x and made the motion for looking again. It took Vex a few more moments of staring at the crude drawings before it hit him. "Fennekin! She's looking for Fennekin?" Suturi leaped to her feet and nodded.

Having figured out the message, Vex glanced at the Delphox (who probably thought they were both crazy). "I haven't seen any Fennekin. I'm sure Suturi's already told you this but we'll do our best to help." Suturi pointed to the pokeballs on his belt, specifically the one's belonging to Ryna and Inik. "Only if she's going to be okay with them helping. We don't want to scare her or the Fennekin by having too many others around." He knew that the Houndour and Rockruff would be able to track the young pokemon but he didn't want to upset the Delphox and have her run off, either.

Aria Wolfe
PM   
^
Wild Pokémon
 Posted: 9/9/17, 11:01 pm
NPC
3342 posts
NPC

The next few moments were nerve-racking. Not that she wasn't grateful for the help, she was! But every minute it took them to decipher what she said, was another minute her babies wandered farther and farther away. She wanted to scream again, continue to scream for them frantically until they came running back to her, but she knew that wasn't going to work. It hadn't so far, anyway. Instead, she tapped her foot anxiously, she couldn't help it. The Braixen was cute, trying her best to act out what she was saying. Right now, she was too concerned for her babies, but later she'd make sure to thank them both somehow.

Finally, the human looked back at her and spoke. He confirmed what the Braixen said, that they might seek the help of some of his other pokémon. The trainer apparently had other pokémon on him that had better senses of smell, and tracking her offspring's scent might be the quickest and most effective way to go. She wasn't worried about it and hurried them along as politely as she could. Yes, yes, of course! Do whatever you need to do, don't worry about me, she responded. She didn't mean to be so frantic and impatient, she was normally not like this at all. Hopefully they didn't notice or they didn't take it personally, this was just very stressful for her.

She gave them permission to use whichever pokémon they needed. Growing nervous again, she wondered if she was making a mistake trusting this human and his pokémon. If he sent out others and they ganged up on her... oh goodness, let's not even go there. She can't handle the idea right now. If you'll follow me, I can show you where I left them last so you can follow their scent from the start, she offered, waving a paw in the direction she came from. Once they had caught up, she'd show them the log her two pups were fast asleep in when she left to find more food. Surely their scent still lingered there.

Vexel Mitore
(Hope this is okay! Feel free to assume she leads them back to the log.)
PM   Email
^
Vexel Mitore
 Posted: 9/10/17, 10:10 am
Sev
281 posts
Pokémon Trainer

As the Delphox spoke, Suturi pointed at the pokeballs again, a bit more forcefully this time. "Alright, alright. I get it. We need all the help we can get." Vex wasted no more time, grabbing the two pokeballs and releasing their occupants. The Houndour and Rockruff both looked around quizzically, their gazes resting on the Delphox as they tried to determine what was going on. "Okay you two, we're on the lookout for two little Fennekin. This Delphox is going to show us where she last saw them. I need you two to help track them down by following their scent." Barks of acknowledgement followed Vex's instructions and he nodded to the Delphox. "Show us where they were last, please."

They followed the Delphox to a hollow log that looked to have a small nest of leaves and things in it. "Alright, try and pick up the scent." Ryna and Inik both stepped forward and sniffed at the bedding. With the scent identified, the pair set out from the log and wandered the clearing for a bit. The pups had obviously played there for a time before wandering off. Soon enough, however, the two canines set off on a path away from the log. They moved side by side, noses the the ground and sharing quiet growls and barks as they discussed what they were smelling. Vex and Suturi followed them without looking back, assuming the Delphox would stick with the group without needing to be asked.

Aria Wolfe
PM   
^
Wild Pokémon
 Posted: 9/10/17, 06:23 pm
NPC
3342 posts
NPC

Luckily, the trainer and his Braixen seemed to be telling the truth, and the two pokémon he summoned were of the canine species. She immediately felt hopeful, knowing that canines were well-known for their tracking abilities, and two were better than one. The chances of finding her cubs just doubled. After a gentle, appreciative smile, she led them back through the trees to the log where her nest was. The trainer and his trio followed behind her willingly.

After the two canines took a moment to sniff the nest inside the log and pick up the scent, they moved to the clearing. It took another few seconds, but they managed to pick up the trail and head in a definitive direction. Oh! What a blessing! she said, letting out a "Del!" Her dainty front paws came up to her chin as she followed the trainer and his pokémon anxiously. As a group, they moved about the forest, stepping cautiously and quietly. Delphox had to resist the urge to continuously call out for her babies. Instead, she grit her teeth and prayed.

As they walked, a thought occurred to her. Wherever they were hiding, her little pups might get startled and try to run from any approaching pokémon. If they were hiding and two larger pokémon came up on them, they might yelp or even attack. She thought it best to warn them before they got a face full of flames. Oh, excuse me... just... umm... just be careful as you approach, they haven't been socialized much yet and they might act out if they're frightened... she said, growing more nervous the longer they walked. These nice pokémon and their trainer were going out of their way to help her, she just wanted to make sure they didn't get hurt unintentionally.

Not too long after she said that, a tiny little ball of flame shot out from behind a fallen tree trunk. It missed everyone, it fact it didn't even come close to hitting them. Delphox yipped with excitement and darted forward, bypassing the trainer and his pokémon. Not even five feet in front of the canine pokémon was a fallen tree, and sure enough after hopping over it, she saw both her Fennekin babies huddled together against the bark. I'm here!! Oh goodness you two gave me a heart attack! she cried, and tears of joy rolled down her cheeks. In seconds, both Fennekin pups were in her arms and smushed into the fur of her chest.

The two little pups squirmed and struggled, but they could not escape her grasp. Thank you, THANK YOU so very much for your help. Oh! I might not have ever found them without you! she cheered, giving the trainer and his pokémon a slight bow, careful with the pups in her arms. She carefully stepped around the splintered side of the fallen tree trunk to better see the trainer and his pokémon. Is there anything I can to thank you?? Anything at all, I am in your debt! she asked, hoping she could help them somehow.

Vexel Mitore
PM   Email
^
Vexel Mitore
 Posted: 9/12/17, 08:44 pm
Sev
281 posts
Pokémon Trainer

The group paused briefly as the Delphox spoke up and Ryna gave a soft bark to Inik who fell back a few paces to allow the Houndour to take the lead. With her natural ability, fire based attacks didn't bother her and young Fennekin were likely relying on Ember to defend themselves. If they attacked, she would be fine. And almost as if they Delphox's words were a signal, a small ball of flames shot out from behind a log. Ryna huffed and moved to intercept it, allowing the flames to hit her shoulder and giving a small shake as they dissipated against her fur without doing any damage.

The Delphox had darted forward and scooped up two squirming pups in her arms. Vex knelt to reward Ryna and Inik for their help, giving both canines a good scratch behind the ears and a couple treats before recalling them. "I'm glad we could help you find them." He told the Dlephox, unaware that she was asking how she might repay their kindness. As far as he knew she was just saying 'thank you'.

Suturi, of course, shook her head. "We don't need anything. We're just glad to see you reunited." She said, glancing back at Vex who was eyeing her questioningly. She waved off his curious look and glanced at the Delphox with her arms full of squirming Fennekin. "It must be hard raising pups out here. As you've seen, my human is quite fond of fire types. I'm sure he'd be happy to take you and your littles in. We live on a big sanctuary with lots of space for young ones to play but with enough other pokemon around to ensure that they remain safe no matter what. There's always someone around to play with them or to keep an eye on them and they'll be well taken care of. The only thing Vex would ask of you in return is to join him in battles and to help out around the sanctuary. It's not much to ask in return for a safe place for your family, food every day and shelter from the weather." Really, Vex asked very little of them in return for their care and safety.

Aria Wolfe
(Apologies for the delay. Been stressing out about some things the past couple days and not feeling up to posting. Hoping to get to that Larvitar thread tomorrow but if I miss the 72 hour deadline feel free to default it if you want. Nox already has a Larvitar so it's not like he needs to catch that one <3)
PM   
^
Wild Pokémon
 Posted: 9/14/17, 06:48 pm
NPC
3342 posts
NPC

Delphox blinked a few times as the Braixen's words sunk in. What? Were they asking her to join them? She was going to need a few minutes to think about this. On the one hand, her and her pups were free to come and go as they pleased out here in the forest. Sure, the forest has its dangers, but so does everywhere. She didn't want them to have a bad impression of her as a mother, she was doing just fine before this instance! Honest! Did they think she wasn't strong or smart enough to raise these babies out here by herself?

She kept her emotions in check. It was just the stress speaking. Maybe this was a good opportunity? Perhaps it was the best move for her offspring. They were promised care and a safe place to grow up. They could roam around freely without the worry of predators or human capture. Delphox envisioned her two little pups frolicking through the grassy hills, playing together without worry. The vision was heart-warming and hard to shake off. As she came back to reality and saw the others staring at her, she had to say something. Oh, umm... that sounds wonderful and all, but... you've already helped me so much... she stumbled over her words, feeling put on the spot.

Being the protective mother she was, she also considered the idea that this trainer only helped her because he was hoping for some compensation in return. She was now in his debt, possibly owing him the lives of her young. Of course she was in his debt, she owed him. Would he be angry or upset if she declined the Braixen's offer and turned away? Was he pure enough to let her go without receiving anything in return? She wondered. How could she figure it out? How could she test him to see if he was trustworthy? Was there even a way to do that?

Her children, a brother and sister, barked in unison at her. Her eyes fell from the trainer to them and a smile spread across her face. They were dolls. She just adored them. What better life could she offer them? A farm with lots of land and lots of other pokémon to play with, and not to mention humans that promised their safety. What was there to even think about? Still, something ached in her stomach that made her feel uneasy. Could she give up their freedom so easily? What if her babies wanted to be free someday? And she hasn't been much of a battler herself, what if she hated battling? What if battling for this trainer turned out to be more of a chore than she expected? What would she do then?

Just then, an idea popped in her head. If, in exchange for a safe place to raise her young, she agreed to help this trainer in battles, maybe she could see just what kind of trainer he was. He clearly had several pokémon that were helpful and useful for him, but how did he handle his battles? Was he strict? Was he stern but caring? Was he weak? She decided she needed to know this before agreeing to the terms. If he could prove that he viewed pokémon as more than just tools to be used, she would trust him. So far, he used his Braixen as a translation tool and his two dog pokémon as a locator tool. She was sure he cared for them equally, but how could she be sure?

Hmm, I am considering your offer. However, I feel I need a little more assurance that this is a good move for my pups and I. If I am to battle for your trainer in exchange for a safe upbringing for my babies, I'd like to first see what kind of trainer he is, she explained to the Braixen while eyeing the human. Would she battle against him herself? It was clear that would be the only option. It would be silly to ask him to fight his own pokémon against each other. If your other pokémon don't mind keeping an eye on the young ones, I'd like to challenge your trainer to a battle. Nothing crazy, I just want to see what kind of human he is before I put my trust in him. She waited for an answer before she'd set her pups down in the grass.

The wild Delphox challenges Vex to a battle!

Vexel Mitore
(Told ya she's not going easily. Should be hard for Vex to prove he's a worthy and honest trainer though. ^.~)
PM   Email
^
Vexel Mitore
 Posted: 9/16/17, 04:55 pm
Sev
281 posts
Pokémon Trainer

At first, Suturi worried that she'd offended the Delphox. The fully evolved pokemon was silent for a long moment, emotions flitting in her eyes, and Suturi could do nothing but watch. She hoped the Delphox answered soon because it looked like Vex was getting ready to move on. He'd already recalled Ryna and Inik after thanking them for their help with praise and treats and he was reaching for her pokeball. Her treat would come later, when Vex went back to town and stopped at one of the shops to get her favorite sweet. She gave a small shake of her head and he stopped, his hand resting in his belt, and glanced at the Delphox as well. He didn't know what was going on but he trusted that Suturi knew what she was doing. "Are you ready Suturi? We still have some training to do today." He questioned, happy to leave the Delphox to tend to her offspring now that they had bee reunited. He didn't feel any sort of need to try and capture her and he certainly wasn't going to ask her for a battle. She had young to look after and he already had Suturi who would eventually be strong enough to evolve into a Delphox herself.

But the Braixen shook her head more firmly this time and he gave her a curious look. Whatever she was up to it clearly hadn't been resolved yet despite the fact the Delphox had answered whatever question or comment the Braixen had made. As the Dephox spoke, Suturi's ears drooped some. Vex was a crafty trainer. When she'd first met him she had been so confident, so sure she would win against this strange human...and he had asked Ryna to battle. She had never met a Houndour before and had no idea that anything she did would be utterly useless against the dark furred canine. She had all but given up and offered herself to him as a slave. But she also remembered that, instead of attacking, he had offered her advice. It was a small thing, to remind her not to take her eyes off her opponent, but he could have used the momentary distraction to his advantage. Yet he opted not to. How would the Delphox feel about being tricked like that?

Vex was still looking on and the Delphox had stopped speaking. She turned to Vex and grabbed her stick, adopting a battle stance and glancing at the Delphox. "She wants to battle? Why?" Suturi nodded and Vex frowned. He hadn't intended to battle the Delphox at all. As for the why, Suturi motioned toward the pokeballs on his belt and then to herself. "You asked her to come with us?" She nodded again and Vex shook his head at her, until he realized she hadn't offered as much for the sake of the Delphox as for the two pups. She had likely offered so that the Delphox would have a safe place for the pups to grow up. And, before deciding, the Delphox probably wanted to be sure he was strong enough to protect them or something. He wouldn't ask Suturi to battle. She wasn't quite strong enough to take on a Delphox, no matter how confident the Braixen felt. He could use Ryna, like he had against Suturi, but that probably wouldn't go over well. Besides, if she decided he wasn't worth it she might just grab her pups and run off without letting him heal her and he didn't want to let her go off into the forest injured with young to care for.

"What if I don't want to battle? I can't ask you to put yourself at risk when you have young to look after. If you decided I wasn't worth it and left while you were injured there's no telling what might happen. I won't put you or your pups at risk like that." He told the Delphox, crossing his arms over his chest so it wouldn't look like he might still reach for a pokeball and attack her without warning. Suturi glanced between the two, not sure what might happen. This was a battle of wills now and there was little more that she could do. She hadn't expected Vex to refuse the battle and she couldn't just attack now that he had. That would be unfair of her and probably just make the Delphox leave.

Aria Wolfe
PM   
^
Wild Pokémon
 Posted: 9/17/17, 09:19 am
NPC
3342 posts
NPC

The momentary uncertainty she had felt seemed to wash away. Not only did the trainer refuse to battle her, he did so on her behalf, more concerned about her and her pups than his training or collecting pokémon. Delphox felt a warm feeling in her chest and she smiled. How considerate of him! All she had really wanted was to see what kind of battler he was, especially if she'd be battling for him someday. Now, it appeared he cared more about her and her young than any future battling they might do. The fact that he put her first, over his training, said a lot about him.

They could probably see the softness in her expression. Wow, that's not the answer I was expecting. Your trainer really cares about pokémon, even ones that are not his own, she told the Braixen, sure this was nothing new to her. Delphox took a moment to look down at her pups, who had finally settled down in her arms. A safe place for her babies to grow was worth everything to her. If she needed to battle for this trainer to earn her keep, she'd do it. It was clear he wasn't just using his pokémon as tools after all. But... was the offer still on the table? The human had seemed ready to move on.

If... if the offer still stands, I would very much like to see this sanctuary you speak of. If what you're saying is true, that my young ones could grow up there safely, I'd be willing to do whatever it takes in return. Your trainer choosing not to battle me shows he really cares about my well-being and that means a lot to me, she explained. Her ears drooped a little as she submitted. Would... would you still take me in? she asked. Her two little pups readjusted themselves in her arms. They were young, but they sensed something serious was happening and stayed quiet.

Delphox wishes to come along!

Vexel Mitore
PM   Email
^
Vexel Mitore
 Posted: 9/19/17, 05:26 pm
Sev
281 posts
Pokémon Trainer

Vex watched the Delphox after he spoke, studying her expression and body language. She didn't seem angry that he wouldn't battle her. In fact, she seemed quite the opposite. Her body relaxed and her expression softened. She spoke to Suturi and the Braixen nodded. "I know. He was the same when I first met him. He gave me advice even though I had challenged him. He didn't have to do that." She said, a small smile crossing her features as she realized Vex's refusal had actually worked in his favor. Funny how things worked out sometimes.

She glanced at Vex and gave him a nod. He hoped the Delphox didn't feel like she had to join him. Not like Suturi had when they'd met. "You don't have to do this. I want you to know that. You can turn around and walk away now and I won't chase you down or anything. But if you're sure..." He withdrew three empty pokeballs from his bag and eyed the two Fennekin. "It will be easier to travel with them if I can put them in pokeballs too. You might want to explain what's happening so they don't get scared." He told the Delphox, hoping not to frighten the two pups into running and then needing to find them again. "And it will probably be best if they're first. Otherwise they might still get spooked and run off again." He added, willing to wait until the Delphox was sure the pups were ready before doing anything. Once they were safely inside their pokeballs he held out the third to the Delphox. "If ever you wish to return here or to see your pups returned here to live in freedom, all you have to do is ask. I won't force you to stay with me if it's not what you want." He told her, holding up the Pokeball for her. All she had to do was press her paw to the switch if she was certain she wished to join him.

Aria Wolfe
Hopefully this is okay, lol. I figured your last post was sort of the 'end' of the thread but feel free to post again if you'd like. =)
PM   
^
Wild Pokémon
 Posted: 9/20/17, 10:57 am
NPC
3342 posts
NPC

Even after she asked about joining them, the human wanted to be absolutely sure she was okay with this. The more concerned the trainer was about her, the more certain she was. Something about this guy just felt right. It was very clear he cared about his pokémon and all pokémon, even in the wild. And that was enough for her.

She knew that joining the trainer's team would mean getting inside a pokéball. Mentally she was prepared for herself, but she did feel just a touch uneasy about her babies. She frowned and glanced down at the pups in her arms, and took in a deep breath. Okay little ones. We're going on a short trip. This gentleman is going to help us. We're each going to get inside our own pokéballs but it will only be for a short time. Be brave for your momma, okay loves? she spoke softly to them. They obeyed, staying quiet and calm. Her heart hurt only for a moment watching them disappear from her arms and into the trainer's pokéballs. The worry dissolved almost instantly though, knowing they were going to be safe from here on out.

The trainer stepped forward, offering her her very own pokéball. Sure, she was a little anxious. She was entrusting this trainer with not only her future but her offspring's as well. But this was the decision she had made and she was sticking to it. So. She brushed off any uncertainty she felt and offered the trainer a smile. Full of confidence, she reached forward and tapped the button on the front of the pokéball.

The wild Delphox was captured!

Vexel Mitore
(-End! Unless you want another post to wrap it up! ^.^)
PM   Email
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Options    Reply   New Topic   New Poll   

RPG-D  FF:Adventu PLEDGE -- a pokémon roleplay
Pokemon: Forever Forgotten Pokemon: Terrene Kaleidoscope