paradise • a pokémon adventure
cbox

welcome

Established in July 2014, Paradise is a pokémon role-play community that’s all about getting back to the basics. With a simplified training system, we focus more on writing than grinding for levels. Join us today and begin your adventure in the Eden region!

information

Getting Started Setting Information Trainer Classes Game Mechanics Field Guide Eden League Rules & FAQ

updates

October 15 – It's that time again, folks! The annual Harvest Festival has begun in Wisteria Town, and everyone is getting into the Halloween spirit. Characters participating in the event are eligible for some sweet treats, so be sure to get in on the celebrations~!

shortcuts

Training Log Wild Encounters Breeding Records Adoption Center Face Claims Player Directory Open Threads

Reply   New Topic   New Poll   

It's a Small World After All, Aria runs into an old acquaintance...
Aria Wolfe
 Posted: 10/3/17, 01:26 pm
Lisa
193 posts
Pokémon Trainer

The afternoon sun was still warm against her skin as she stepped out from under the trees in front of the rescue. Aria was quite satisfied with her visit and making a new friend. The owner of the rescue was very kind and compassionate, which is how every pokémon rescuer should be. She had also allowed Aria to leave a few business cards and brochures of her own, in case anyone needed Aria's services. Feeling accomplished, Aria planned to turn in for the night and relax.

Her chuck taylors hit the pavement and she could feel the heat rising up from the asphalt. The walk back down the street wouldn't take very long, and even if it would, she didn't mind walking anyway. She felt a sudden tugging on her pant leg as Arashi scurried up her back. Sometimes the pavement was too hot for his little paws. Aria didn't mind, she loved it when he rode on her shoulder, especially since he doesn't do it very often. His little red cheek rubbed against hers as he settled in comfortably on her shoulder, and she grinned.

On they walked, enjoying the view of the fancy houses along the road. Some were smaller and more quaint, reminding Aria of her childhood home. Others were big and tall, with several floors and probably all sorts of amenities. Up ahead, a very large and well-decorated home stood out to her. "Fancy!" she said aloud, and Arashi gave a nod. Her eyes were glued to the house, almost mesmerized by its gorgeous exterior. Aria shamefully wondered how much money a house like that cost...

Just then, the sound of footsteps echoed ahead and she caught sight of someone skipping up the driveway. Aria raised an eyebrow, studying the female as she approached. The girl looked young, quite short actually, and full of excitement. Aria couldn't help but smile just watching her. Aria was always told as a young girl that she radiated happiness and that others couldn't help but feel their day brighten just being around her. She never understood what they meant, until now.

"Hello!" she called out, only a few feet away at this point. The girl turned towards her, bright eyed and bushy tailed. Aria halted. Wait, did she know this girl? She looked awfully familiar. Aria's eyebrows furrowed as she concentrated on remembering where on earth she knew this girl from. Did she know her? Did this girl recognize her? Aria flashed a polite grin anyway, and hoped it would come to her sooner rather than later. She didn't want to be rude if she did know her!

Sophie Wilson
(Hope this is okay! Ended up having to rush at the end, gotta get to class. Hope to reply more later!~)
PM   Email
^
Sophie Wilson
 Posted: 10/4/17, 10:08 am
Sophie
20 posts
Pokémon Trainer

Today was finally the day! The day that Sophie would finally be able to leave and become a Pokémon Trainer of her very own. Sleep had come difficultly to Sophie last night, in fact, her excitement had been growing steadily as the day drew closer. For hours, she had been sitting on the end of her bed watching the sun rise through the tall arched windows.

With not much else to do, Sophie doubled-checked her supplies. A change of clothes, some food and supplies, medicines for her Pokémon, berries, a sleeping bag as well as a small collapsible tent. All stuffed neatly into a large backpack. She swore there was something she had forgotten but it wouldn’t come to her. Her four Pokéballs lay neatly on the side table. The three owned by Diglett, Pidgey and Charmander and the unoccupied one that belonged to her newest partner, Peach. Peach preferred to remain outside her Pokéball at all times and currently lay curled up on her pillow – fast asleep.

As morning came in earnest, Sophie changed into her ‘trainer’s outfit’, went downstairs and got some breakfast. Finally returning to pull her bag on and to get ready to leave. As well as poking the sleeping Peach to wake her before scooping her up and placing her onto a shoulder.
Stomping downstairs, she encountered no-one. They must be alone at the moment. Unless he was in the greenhouses or on the ranch? Either way, she couldn’t wait any longer! One last job before she could leave. The framed photo that lay on the sideboard, the one of her mother. “I’ll be back, I got to go on my journey first. Then, I can tell you all about my adventures!”
Leaving and closing the doors behind her, she excitedly walked down the path and towards the gates. A wave of excitement filled Sophie knowing this was it! Her adventure began now. Well, after the person standing at the gates.

A girl, eyebrows raised and interested. A mop of black hair on her head and sharp eyes. “Hello! Can I help you?” She asked, politely. Something seemed oddly familiar about this girl but she couldn’t quite place it.

However, before Sophie could address this girl fully, the sound of footsteps behind her caused her to turn on the spot. “Phew. Miss Sophie, glad I caught you before you left. You seemed to have forgotten this,” the butler said, holding out one of his white-gloved hands. In the palm of his hand lay the small, red Pokédex, she had been given in Kanto. “Have a safe trip, Miss Sophie. Safe travels.” Turning to Aria, he added, “I apologise for interrupting,” bowing low, the old man placed the shimmering Pokédex into Sophie’s open hand and turned to mosey back to the house. Smiling, she waved and cried out, “I’ll miss you, Sebastian. I’ll be in touch soon!”

Turning back to Aria, Sophie looked up into her face as if studying it. She was smiling, a warm friendly smile. A familiar smile, in fact. “Are you? That girl from Kanto?” Sophie asked, slowly with a finger pressed to her lips as she tried to recall.

Aria Wolfe
PM   
^
Aria Wolfe
 Posted: 10/5/17, 10:15 am
Lisa
193 posts
Pokémon Trainer

Her thoughts were interrupted as a man in a suit, tie, and white gloves called after the young girl. Aria watched, slightly confused, at the interactions between the girl and the man. Little by little, the pieces began to come together. The man handed the girl a small red device that Aria recognized as a pokédex. Was this girl just now leaving on her pokémon journey? And Aria had stumbled upon her during one of her most memorable moments? Also, was that man her butler? This family must be loaded.

The man bowed to both of them before hurrying back towards the house. Aria blinked a few times, feeling slightly awkward for being involved in this girl's first steps as a new trainer, if that was indeed what was happening. Before she could apologize and be on her way, the girl spoke up. "Are you? That girl from Kanto?" she asked. And just like that, Aria remembered everything.

A good while back, Aria was working on her externships at various Pokémon Centers in Kanto. She had been on break one afternoon and ran into a young teenager on vacation with her family. They had stopped to ask for directions, and when Aria saw the young girl full of excitement she couldn't help but offer to help. The rest of her lunch break was spent giving the family an "insider's tour" so-to-speak of the city and best places to go, eat, or see. The family was so nice and polite, Aria regret having to go back to work. She wished the family a wonderful vacation and told the young girl not to worry, that she'd see her again someday.

That day was today. This was most definitely the girl from that nice and polite family she met back in Vermillion City. A warm fuzzy feeling overwhelmed Aria and it took everything she had to not suddenly hug the girl. "Yes!! Oh my goodness, you're the girl from that family I gave directions to! What a coincidence!" Aria blurted out, overwhelmed with excitement. Is this where she was from? Eden? Had her family always lived here? Aria wanted to ask a ton of questions but knew that wouldn't be the most appropriate. She waited patiently instead, taking it one question at a time. "How have you been? Is this where you were from? And are you starting your pokémon journey right now??" she rambled. Okay, maybe not one question at a time after all...

Sophie Wilson
(Hope it's okay! Let me know if I need to make changes!~)
PM   Email
^
Sophie Wilson
 Posted: 10/5/17, 03:08 pm
Sophie
20 posts
Pokémon Trainer

It was! This was the girl that Sophie and her family had met whilst on holiday overseas in Vermilion City. For a second, Sophie thought hard – placing a single finger onto her lips. She was trying to recall the name. Aria? She was pretty sure.
“You’re Aria, right? You gave us directions and helped us out.” It was two years prior and this girl had given us a tour of the town. But she had to leave, soon after, because of work. “I’m glad we could meet again. You did say we would!”

Quite suddenly, Aria began to ask many questions all at once and in rapid succession. A little surprised by the amount she asked, Sophie began to answer them. “I’ve been good? Very good!” Sophie said, smiling widely. “Yeah, this is my house. I live here with my dad and Sebastian,” Sophie continued, pointing at the large manor which lay in the distance up the long driveway.
“…and yeah. I’m starting my journey today,” she said, Sophie’s ill-disguised excitement beaming from every inch of her face. At that very moment, Peach appeared – jumping back onto her shoulder. Ears twitching and head tilted, seemingly interested in the newcomer. “Oh! This is my newest Pokémon friend, Peach! I got her from my father, just a few days ago.”

“Pichu! Pi!” It waved sweetly but continued to stare. Something else had her attention. “Pichu!” With one stubby finger, she pointed past Aria and to her Pokémon at her side. “Wow. A Pikachu!” Simply pointing the Pokédex in the general direction of the Pokémon caused it to burst into life.
“Pikachu. The Mouse Pokémon. The evolved form of Pichu. It lives in forests with others. It stores electricity in the pouches on its cheeks.” Pikachu was one of Sophie’s most favorite Pokémon. It was truly amazing to see one in real life and on her very first day, nonetheless.
PM   
^
Aria Wolfe
 Posted: 10/8/17, 11:30 am
Lisa
193 posts
Pokémon Trainer

The girl seemed to be just as excited as Aria was. "Yep! I can't believe you remembered my name!" Aria said, excitedly. Sure, it was only a few years ago, but they had only met once and only spent about an hour ago. Aria was impressed. She had heard the butler say Sophie's name, so even if she had forgotten it she would have been reminded. Sophie managed to answer all of her questions despite Aria rambling them off so fast. She also introduced her little partner, a Pichu.

"Oh goodness, she's adorable!" Aria exclaimed, and at the sound of the Pichu's voice, Arashi's ears perked up. Aria realized in that moment that he had been very quiet up on her shoulder so far. Normally, he's very protective of her and warns anyone that approaches to proceed with caution. Perhaps he had picked up on the girl's nonthreatening, pure and innocent vibe. Aria figured she should introduce him as well, to be polite of course. "This is Arashi. He's been my buddy for a long time, though he doesn't like to admit it. He can be a little trouble maker sometimes, but he has a good heart." she explained, noticing how he turned his head to look away from her as she spoke about him.

"Well, Sophie, which way are you headed? I could walk with you for a little bit if you'd like?" Aria asked. The day was still early, and if they were headed in the same direction it only made sense. Aria couldn't believe the coincidence, that she just happened to be back in Primrose Town visiting when Sophie was leaving on her journey. Oh! Maybe Aria could help her out somehow too, if she needed it. She made a mental note to exchange phone numbers at the very least, so she could call on Aria anytime if she needed anything.

Sophie Wilson
PM   Email
^
Sophie Wilson
 Posted: 10/14/17, 06:32 pm
Sophie
20 posts
Pokémon Trainer

“Nice to meet you, Arashi,” she said excitedly to the Pikachu. However, it seemed a little unsure of Sophie – quickly turning his head away. “Pichu Pi!” Peach called from Sophie’s shoulder, equally as excitedly but got little more from the Pikachu. “Pichu?” The little Pichu said a little sadly.

“Hmm...” Sophie said, pressing a finger to her lips once more. After some thought, deciding which way she wished to go, she concluded thus. “I was thinking of walking over the Seaside Route and down to the Hibiscus Beach. That seemed like the best way to go, I think.” She had been taken down to the beaches several times by her father and brother as a holiday. They had driven down and stayed in a nice hotel for the week. It was always a lovely week. Although, it would definitely take a lot longer on foot and yet it’d be more fun, this way. Travelling alone with just her Pokémon at her side.

Turning to Aria, she smiled and pulled her bag straight and readying herself for the journey. Then, she looked down at the three Pokéballs gleaming on her belt. “Okay, I'm all ready! I’d love some company at least till the outskirts of the town.” She moved around the edge of the gate and then closed it behind her. “Would that be okay?”

Aria Wolfe
PM   
^
Aria Wolfe
 Posted: 10/19/17, 12:36 pm
Lisa
193 posts
Pokémon Trainer

Aria could see the disappointment on not only Sophie's face but the Pichu's as well. An expression of annoyance crossed hers as she rolled her eyes. "Don't mind him. Like I said, he can be cranky sometimes." she noted, giving her shoulder a quick shrug causing Arashi to almost lose his balance. He glared at Aria angrily and let out a grumpy "Chuuuuu." A tiny flash of a spark lit up his cheeks but he quickly dismissed it. He knew better.

When Sophie pondered for a moment to her question, Aria couldn't help but smile again. Ahhh, I remember my first days here in Eden. The world was so vast, so beautiful, and ready for adventure! she thought to herself with a sense of nostalgia. Only for her, Eden was a brand new world. Sophie already lived here, and Aria wondered how different things would have been if she had grown up here. Either way, starting your own pokémon journey was the most exciting moment of your life.

"Of course that's okay! I don't mind at all!" Aria answered her, excited to catch up with this long lost acquaintance. The two started down the street, headed towards the outskirts of town. The two looked like quite the pair. Two young-looking girls, wide grins on their faces, their chins up, and a Pikachu and Pichu on each shoulder. Someone walking by might even assume they were sisters.

"So, if you have any questions about Eden, I could probably answer them for you. I've been here almost a year now, and have visited just about every place. However, I don't know much at all about the Eden league or gyms, so I won't be any help there." Aria offered, in case the girl was full of questions just like Aria was when she first set off. Although, she had to remember that Sophie lived here and probably already knows a lot about the region, even if she hasn't visited the places personally. "Also, I run a Pokémon rescue out in Sycamore Springs. Whenever you make it out that far, you have to come say hello!" she added, excitedly.

Sophie Wilson
PM   Email
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Options    Reply   New Topic   New Poll   

RPG-D  FF:Adventu PLEDGE -- a pokémon roleplay
Pokemon: Forever Forgotten Pokemon: Terrene Kaleidoscope