paradise • a pokémon adventure
cbox

welcome

Established in July 2014, Paradise is a pokémon role-play community that’s all about getting back to the basics. With a simplified training system, we focus more on writing than grinding for levels. Join us today and begin your adventure in the Eden region!

information

Getting Started Setting Information Trainer Classes Game Mechanics Field Guide Eden League Rules & FAQ

updates

October 15 – It's that time again, folks! The annual Harvest Festival has begun in Wisteria Town, and everyone is getting into the Halloween spirit. Characters participating in the event are eligible for some sweet treats, so be sure to get in on the celebrations~!

shortcuts

Training Log Wild Encounters Breeding Records Adoption Center Face Claims Player Directory Open Threads

Reply   New Topic   

(OPEN) Into the forest
Stella Marnath
 Posted: 8/27/17, 07:04 pm
sharon
31 posts
Pokémon Ranger

After her departure from the potpourri harbor, the next natural destination was primrose town, and in order to get there, most trainers trek across the hawthorn woods. It had become somewhat a tradition for trainers to ventured into the forest and test themselves on what many considered to be the first taste of a trainer's journey, the first step out of the comfort zone of a city life and into the wild pokemon inhabited wilderness. Stella chose to take the bay bridge instead....

Going across the bridge would give her a chance to avoid the many dangerous (?) wild pokemon that roam the land, not...not that she was a coward or anything like that. It was just that since her pokemon were still weak and newbie like, she did not fancy a long dragged out battle with god knows how many wild pokemon that they might encounter in the journey to primrose town. However, things were taking a turn towards the unexpected side, the Bay Bridge was crowded with people, making going across the bridge a battle in itself. She would need to squeeze past them and maybe running the risk of knocking somebody off the bridge if she wants to get to the other side.

Taking a good and long look at all of those people ahead, and taking a good look at the temperature display on her phone, she decided that as a trainer she should embrace the prideful tradition of trekking the forest instead. Getting off the bridge, she headed toward the entrance to the hawthorn woods. On her way into the forest, she missed the commotion on the bridge.

"Why are there so many news crews on the bridge? They are blocking the way!" someone complained to the person nearby.

"You didn't know? Something happened in the forest, I heard that..."

Dakota Gilbert
PM   
^
Stella Marnath
 Posted: 9/2/17, 01:41 pm
sharon
31 posts
Pokémon Ranger

Going away from the bay bridge and further into the forest, Stella noticed that something seemed really off about this place. Although personally, she had never ventured in here before so there's really no comparison, and who knows? maybe this was just what the forest normally looked like every single day. However, today, the place looked trashed, it was as if some kind of natural disaster struck this place. The forest was like a singed land, there was evidence of fire in the forest, some of the trees had fallen down and partially blocked the path, some of the earth were unearthed and it looked like the surrounding had been hit by some kind of attack.

Worst still was the lack of sighting of forest pokemon. Once again, Stella never been here before, so she had no idea what it looked like originally, however right now, the forest was quiet. You would have thought that in a large forest like this, there should be all different kinds of pokemon running about, especially if the rumors about pokemon trainers challenging themselves again the wild life here were true. But right now, she couldn't find any pokemon nearby, at the rare sight of something moving, it had looked like a pokemon running away from her.

She briefly wondered exactly what had happened here and started to doubt her decision of coming to this place in the first place. The silence of the forest was unnerving.
PM   
^
Dakota Gilbert
 Posted: 9/6/17, 10:50 pm
Lisa
78 posts
Pokémon Trainer

The scent of campfire and burnt wood filled her nostrils as she approached. What on earth was going on? She had just finished some business in Potpourri Harbor and was headed back to Primrose town, hoping to make a quick trip over the Bay Bridge but finding it blocked off. She'd have to make a trip through the forest, which wasn't necessarily the worst option but the most time consuming. Groaning, she had turned to enter the forest and was hit with a different scene she didn't expect. There had clearly been a fire, and a large portion of the side of the forest was burned down. That explained the smell.

She approached slowly, unsure how safe the forest would be in this state. Not having much choice in the matter really, she chose to press on and be extra careful as she walked. It was only a few minutes later that she came upon another trainer who looked as concerned as she was. As always, Dakota wanted to avoid any sort of human interaction and just mind her own business, but unfortunately there was no way to pass this other trainer without them noticing. She rolled her eyes and stepped forward anyway. Sure enough, the trainer looked her way as she approached. "Hello! Just passing through..." she said, in the most polite way she could manage. She passed up the girl on the trail, ready to continue on down the path, but she stopped. Curiosity had gotten the best of her. "Hey, you don't happen to know what happened here, do ya?" she asked.

Stella Marnath, I'm so sorry this took me so long! :O
PM   Email
^
Stella Marnath
 Posted: 9/9/17, 02:31 am
sharon
31 posts
Pokémon Ranger

OOC: sorry but stella might go through a personality change. so i am going to use this post to try out the 4 different personality types. tell me which one is easier to RP with once she's a ranger. 1. tomboyish. 2. cool mind. 3. ladylike. 4. innocent.  or no change?
(happy go lucky)

1. Stella looked at the state of the forest, some kind of a fight obviously break out just earlier and her pokemon weren't trained enough to deal with this. Especially with margikarp lagging behind. Stella frown and bit her nailed, shit....now what am I going to do? Double back? There's no time for that. Feeling a bit annoyed at herself, she raised a hand to her waist and head down as she considered what she should do. Out of the corner of her vision, she noticed a young girl, perhaps around her age and raised an eyebrown. Didn't think someone else would be here, and anyway, why was she here in the first place, now with danger clearly in the forest. Narrowing her eyes, Stella approved the girl. "What's up?"

"Hello! Just passing through..."

4. Surprised to be spoken to first, Stella blinked and was momentarily not sure of what to do. She raised a hand up so her kimono sleeve can cover the lower half of her face. "hello...um..how are you today?" Her gaze flickering left and right before she could finally look at other girl in front of her. She found the girl's hair style to be quite interesting, but had to remain herself that there was a more important issue at hand. "But, something had happened to this forest, and I think it would be unsafe for you to continue venturing down this path." Stella stated her ground, but then realized that her tone might have been a bit harsh, she didn't want to upset the girl, she should be the one comforting other lost people, so she gathered up her courage and tried again.

3. Stella gave the unknown girl a smile. "Sorry, where are my manners? My name is Stella Marnath, a fellow trainer like you." She paused to consider the girl's question and frowned at herself. "...not much. I have only arrived here for a few minutes before you did, and if you would look around, you get the same information that I have." She felt bad to have not being more helpful, but that was to the extent that she could do, without actually misleading her with unverified information. With that she gave the girl a reassuring smile. "Although the path might be dangerous, I am willing to accompany you." She raised a hand to her heart and looked at the girl with certain gentleness in her eyes.

2. But before she could further explain herself and provide a brief overview of the situation, there was a loud crashing sound started from the deeper side of the forest. Stella stopped herself in her track, mouth closed and turned to look at where the sound was coming from. There was a dark smoke rising out from further down the path and Stella narrowed her eyes at that. She immediately turned to look at the girl. "I will go check out the situation, it might be dangerous...but would you like to accompany me? With the two of us, we are safer with numbers. But it is your choice, I would not force you to enter into a potentially dangerous situation."

Dakota Gilbert
PM   
^
Dakota Gilbert
 Posted: 9/10/17, 11:40 am
Lisa
78 posts
Pokémon Trainer

(OOC: Hmm, this was tough! I think personally I like #3 or #4. I like that she's friendly but not over giddy, and that she offers to walk along-side Dakota rather than lead. From what I've seen of Stella so far she strikes me as a kind, quiet girl that is willing to help but not necessarily go into danger alone. Am I correct? I think ultimately it's your choice of course, but I think I like the ladylike/innocent route. My response should be fine regardless of which one you pick!)

The girl didn't know what had happened either, which should come as no surprise to Dakota anyway. The only people that know what happened are probably the people causing it. She shrugged, a little indifferent about the situation but sensing the girl was apprehensive to continue down the path. Dakota turned to face the girl. "I'm Dakota, nice to meet you." she responded, offering a smirk but not much more than that. Most people would offer a hand shake, but Dakota wasn't most people. As of right now, this girl was just another trainer passing along on the trail.

The girl had a point, it might be safer if they travel together rather than alone. Dakota considered her options, usually preferring to travel alone but willing to make an exception. Just then, a loud crash rang out and smoke began to rise in the distance. Well, that confirmed it. "You're right, maybe sticking together is a good idea, at least for now." she agreed. She motioned for the girl to follow her as she turned back towards the path. She took a few steps before glancing back to make sure the girl was following her before continuing.

Figuring they might need an extra pair of eyes, Dakota pulled out one of her pokéballs and tossed it into the air. It burst open, revealing a large red and black bird. Nabooru flew up into the sky, performing a few flips and twists as she always likes to do. "Boo! There's some commotion up ahead, can you just fly ahead of us a little bit and warn us if there's anything dangerous?" she asked, having to raise her voice so the bird could hear her from up there. Nabooru chirped gladly, and hovered a good few yards ahead of them as they walked.

Stella Marnath
PM   Email
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Options    Reply   New Topic   

RPG-D  FF:Adventu PLEDGE -- a pokémon roleplay
Pokemon: Forever Forgotten Pokemon: Terrene Kaleidoscope