paradise • a pokémon adventure
cbox

welcome

Established in July 2014, Paradise is a pokémon role-play community that’s all about getting back to the basics. With a simplified training system, we focus more on writing than grinding for levels. Join us today and begin your adventure in the Eden region!

information

Getting Started Setting Information Trainer Classes Game Mechanics Field Guide Eden League Rules & FAQ

updates

January 31 – Howdy, folks! We've still got a few Gym Leader/Eden Elite positions open, so if you think you might be interested in filling one of these key roles on the site, please check out this thread for more information!

shortcuts

Training Log Wild Encounters Breeding Records Adoption Center Face Claims Player Directory Open Threads

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply   New Topic   New Poll   

(!) Another Friendly Face
Dakota Gilbert
 Posted: 12/29/17, 09:45 pm
Lisa
115 posts
Pokémon Trainer

Asphodel Meadows had become one of Dakota's most favorite places to walk. It was calm, cool, and breezy. It wasn't too hot at night. It was peaceful. Not to mention it was where she befriended Dimitri and Victor, her Phantump and Dusclops. Those two had become fast friends, and Adrian was especially protective of them. It was another cool night so Dakota decided to talk another walk. Tonight, Samara hovered next to her right shoulder.

What other little friendly faces might they see out here? Dakota was in a particularly good mood tonight, and was craving some excitement whether it be a wild pokémon encounter or battle. She pursed her lips together and began to whistle, not worried at all about who or what might hear her. Her pokémon had grown pretty strong since the last time she was here, so she was confident she'd be able to handle just about anything that came her way. "What do you think Samara? See any sign of life out there?" Dakota asked, seeing that Samara was scanning their surroundings carefully.

Random Event
PM   Email
^
Random Event
 Posted: 12/30/17, 10:10 am
Staff
761 posts
Administrator

a wild sneasel appeared!

silver tier
male
keen eye

feint attack metal claw ice shard hone claws fury swipes

PM   Email
^
Wild Pokémon
 Posted: 1/5/18, 09:57 am
NPC
3432 posts
NPC

Humans. Sneasel both loved and hated the creatures. They always carried the best foods but they didn't like sharing and always tried to chase him off or catch him whenever he tried to get a bite to eat. And he wasn't going to let himself be caught again. Not after last time. There were a few that could be nice, leaving food for him or just plain offering him some of what they had. There was one, a Ranger, that brought the most delicious food he'd ever tasted. He had a Sneasel already and had not been interested in catching him when they'd met the first time and any time he'd seen the ranger since the ranger had brought him food.

But he hadn't seen the ranger for a day or two and he was hungry. He could find food like the regular wild Sneasel did, but he wasn't very good at it and he didn't like the things they ate very much. So he begged from humans or, on occasion, snuck into the town and raided the rubbish bins for discarded food. That was where he was heading tonight. The town offered plenty of places to scavenge food from and he could eat as much as he liked. Sometimes he could even find enough to take back to his nest and have extra for a day or two. But something was in his way. A human with a ghost pokemon. He grumbled to himself and ducked into the grass. He didn't want to deal with a human right now but there was nowhere to go where she wouldn't see him. He just had to remain still and wait until they moved on. But he was hungry and he didn't have all night. Hoping that if he stayed low in the grasses he wouldn't be spotted he began creeping forward, trying to get past the human and into town as quick as possible.

Dakota Gilbert

(Please tag Nox Korrik for replies)
PM   Email
^
Dakota Gilbert
 Posted: 1/7/18, 03:34 pm
Lisa
115 posts
Pokémon Trainer

They walked along the tall grass, or rather, Dakota walked and Samara hovered. Suddenly, Samara halted, and after a few steps Dakota noticed and stopped as well. "What is it?" she asked. Samara lifted one of her ghostly, floating hands and pointed. Dakota followed her eyes, and caught sight of a dark-colored pokémon hiding in the grass up ahead. She could just barely make out a round head and single long, red ear. "Huh?"

They moved in closer. The pokémon was short, with unusually long arms compared to its shorter legs. Its red, spiky tail poked out in all directions. If it weren't for it's near-black color, it might have been able to go unnoticed in the tall grass. Its piercing red eyes looked up at them. Dakota sensed either apprehensiveness or annoyance in its expression, or both. Part of her wanted to leave the poor thing alone and keep walking, but the other part of her argued that maybe she could help it somehow.

"Oh! Hello there!" she spoke, softly. Dakota leaned forward, bracing her hands against her knees. Now, she was a little less tall and a little more at its level. She smiled. "You look a little... troubled. Is there anything I can do for you?" she asked. Samara held back a hiss, choosing to stay up high in the air and keep an eye on things. She knew better than to chase of stranger pokémon. Dakota typically wanted to interact with them.

Nox Korrik
PM   Email
^
Wild Pokémon
 Posted: 1/9/18, 02:46 pm
NPC
3432 posts
NPC

He'd been spotted by the ghost. Of course he had been, the grass in this part of the meadow was tall but not tall enough to hide him completely and not dense enough to provide adequate cover either. He kept creeping along, however, hoping that if he ignored them they'd ignore him. He froze when the ghost pokemon drew the human's attention to him, however, and shot the pair a look. His fight or flight reaction kicked into high gear, though he wanted to do both equally. He knew he could take out the ghost. His dark typing gave him that advantage, but humans usually had more than one pokemon with them. He didn't know what else she might have. His luck, she had a fire type or, worse, a fighting type with her. He could run but the human might chase him and he'd spend half the night trying to lose her and not get a chance to scavenge for food in town.

As the human spoke, he bared his teeth and scraped his claws on the dirt a little to try and look intimidating but when all she did was kneel and keep talking he relaxed some, though remained wary of her intentions. Troubled? He huffed at the comment and shook his head. He wasn't troubled; he was hungry. But could she do something for him? He sniffed the air but didn't detect any scent of food. That didn't always mean a lot however. Humans kept food in inside things that sometimes masked the scent. Maybe he would't have to scavenge tonight after all. Deciding it wouldn't hurt to see if this human had some food to share, he edged forward, casting a warning look toward the ghost. Keep back or I'll have to hurt you. I ain't gonna do nothing bad. I don't hurt humans. I just wanna get some food. He said, flashing his claws as a warning. With the ghost, hopefully, warned against doing anything stupid, he crept into view, though remained well out of the human's reach. Now that she could see him properly, he patted his stomach and then opened his mouth. This had seemed to work well enough in the past to indicate his want for food. Maybe it would work this time too.

Dakota Gilbert

(Dunno if you want to catch or defeat this hungry little fellow, lol. So I kinda left it open for Samara to take offense at his 'warning' and attack or for her to just like...roll her eyes and ignore him. Either way is fine by me. ^^)
PM   Email
^
Dakota Gilbert
 Posted: 1/9/18, 08:03 pm
Lisa
115 posts
Pokémon Trainer

The wild pokémon reacted accordingly, instantly defending itself by baring its teeth and showing its claws. At first, Dakota was hesitant to continue, really not wanting to end up with a visit to the doctor later for cuts or bite wounds. However, after a moment or two, the creature seemed comfortable enough to step forward from the tall grass. As it approached her, it shot Samara a dirty look and made some type of screeching noise. Dakota was shocked to see Samara back off. Normally she was right up front and in your face, wanting nothing more than to protect her trainer. Instead, Samara seemed nervous and backed away, hovering slightly to Dakota's right and out of sight.

Dakota narrowed her eyes at Samara, but chose to shrug it off. This little guy was quite feisty, and she sort of liked that about him already. In response to her question, he pat his stomach and opened up his mouth. He was hungry. Of course he was! Most wild pokémon were always on the hunt. She let out a sigh. "Ahh, I should have known." she said, and turned to reach her shoulder bag. Pulling it forward, she opened the large flap and reached inside. She pulled out a medium-sized glass container with a sealed plastic lid. "I don't have much, but here are my leftovers from breakfast. It's yours if you want it?" she asked.

Once she popped open the lid, the smell of bacon, baked bread, and scrambled eggs filled the air. The small, family-owned breakfast spot she stopped at before heading out here served large portions, and Dakota could never finish her plate normally anyway. She didn't think the eggs or bacon would taste good cold, but perhaps if she were starving enough, she would. Gently setting down the container, she leaned forward as she scoot it towards the pokémon. Once it was within reach, she sat down in the dirt and crossed her legs. Even if the pokémon took off after this, she wanted to wait and get her container back. She watched the creature closely, cocked her head to the side, and smiled. He was cute! She kinda liked him.

Nox Korrik
(We can see how it goes, but Dakota's intention was to befriend him. He's cute!~)
PM   Email
^
Wild Pokémon
 Posted: 1/12/18, 12:00 pm
NPC
3432 posts
NPC

Sneasel was slightly surprised when the ghost backed off. Usually the weaker ones did that but some of the stronger ones were a bit too stubborn for their own good. This one was a stronger ghost. He knew because he'd seen her kind in the city. They didn't care about the human foods he was scavenging but they didn't like him in their territory. Since he didn't want to spend his nights fighting instead of eating, he learned what places to avoid so he didn't have to deal with them. That meant more time to find food and less energy expended in doing so. It was a win-win for everyone concerned.

He was brought back from his musings about what he might find in the city and his favorite places to search when the girl spoke and pulled some sort of container from her bag. She opened it and the smell of bacon and eggs as well as some sort of bread, which he guessed must be toast. He watched as it was pushed toward him until he could reach it with his claws. He grabbed it and pulled it the rest of the way to him and sniffed eagerly at the contents. It didn't look like much, sort of mushy and mixed up, but he really didn't care. He loved eggs. That's what the wild ones ate except they cracked the shells and sucked up the contents raw. He preferred his cooked but that was because he'd been raised by humans. At least that's what everyone told him. He wasn't a real Sneasel because he had been born captive and not wild. He ignored them. He did just fine in the wild even if he had no idea how to survive at first!

Pushing that thought away, he reached in to take a bite but paused and looked at the human, recalled her words before she'd given him the food. Hadn't she said she 'didn't have much'? Was this all of the food she had? Could she get more for herself and her ghost (assuming the ghost even liked the human food and not just berries and things)? His former human had always had food and things. Until one day he didn't. But they'd still done alright for awhile. Sure they went hungry some nights but they were never starving. Eventually he'd started taking his pokemon away, one by one, and returning without them. Soon it had just been him and Sneasel. Sneasel was okay with that. He'd never really liked the other pokemon anyway. But then one day the old man had brought him here, released him from his pokeball, and left. Sneasel had never seen him again. Suddenly uncertain of whether he should accept the food or not, he tried to catch the ghost's gaze. "Hey. Ghost. Your human's got more food right? Or can get some? Not for me. I ain't greedy like that. I can get my own food if I got to. But for you and her and any other pokemon she's got. Don't wanna be taking your last bites, you know." He questioned, taking a single piece of bacon to nibble on so the human didn't think he was being unappreciative of her offering.

Dakota Gilbert

(He is cute and I like his backstory, lol. Wasn't planning on it turning into something so big but...well, sometimes ideas do that, lol. <3)
PM   Email
^
Dakota Gilbert
 Posted: 1/15/18, 11:27 am
Lisa
115 posts
Pokémon Trainer

Dakota watched closely as the little Sneasel took hold of the container and drew it closer. After a few good sniffs, it eyed her and her Haunter, and then picked up a piece of bacon. Rather than digging in vigorously like she assumed it would, it only nibbled. Was it not hungry after all? Dakota cocked her head to the side curiously, but smiled. As the pokémon nibbled, it made some little noises. It was rather cute.

Suddenly, Samara, who had been hovering behind Dakota's shoulder, came into view. Dakota turned to look at her. At first, her expression was serious, her eyes narrow and a frown on her face. Was she concerned? Dakota was pretty sure the food was just fine, aside from being cold it was freshly made that morning. As Samara's expression softened, Dakota realized the two pokémon were speaking to each other.

As a ghost, Samara was able to speak to other pokémon without necessarily making any noise. It wasn't telepathy or anything, but she had a way of communicating silently enough that human ears couldn't pick up on the sounds. In fact, the only time Samara really made noise was when she hissed or said her name. A grin spread across her face as Dakota watched. Yes, my human and I have food. We are staying in town, not too far from here. Please, eat up! Samara hissed silently.

Dakota ran her fingers through the tall grass around her, intertwining her fingers with the blades. They weren't in any rush, so the pokémon could take its time and eat if it wanted to. Suddenly, Samara and her locked eyes, and a slight sadness appeared in her expression. Samara was sad for this pokémon? Dakota pondered for a moment. Was it starving? Was it lonely? Both? Dakota really liked this feisty little thing, and didn't want it to be neither hungry nor lonely. She smiled, and decided to get to know it a little better. "So, are you all alone out here? You know, if you're still hungry I can bring some more food later this evening..." she offered.

Nox Korrik
PM   Email
^
Wild Pokémon
 Posted: 1/19/18, 12:20 pm
NPC
3432 posts
NPC

As the ghost assured him that the human could obtain more food, Sneasel nodded and dug into the offered meal a little more vigorously. He didn't notice the look that passed between the human and her partner since he was more focused on filling his belly. There wasn't a lot there and it was gone quicker than he'd have liked but he licked his lips and claws before pushing the container back toward the human. If she didn't take it he'd have to figure out something to do with it. Human things didn't belong out here. He supposed he could leave it for the ranger to find the next time he came around if necessary.

As he was finishing up cleaning his claws, the human spoke and he looked up at her. He wasn't sure how to answer her questions in a way she'd understand so to the first one he merely gave a small shrug and a wave of his claws as if it were no big deal and a shake of his head to the second. While having another meal that day would be nice, he wouldn't impose on her. Unlike the ranger, whom he knew at least somewhat after watching him for awhile, this person was new and he didn't know what she did or did not have access to. The Haunter said they could get more food but whether they had enough to spare for him he wasn't sure. "Why do humans ask questions when we can't answer them? How am I supposed to tell her I'm fine even if I am out here alone? It's not like Sneasel live in groups or anything. We're happy living by ourselves." He commented to Samara, giving his claws one last lick before settling back in the grass. Now that his stomach was full he could use a nap but he didn't want to leave just yet. This human and her pokemon were nice. It wouldn't hurt to chat a little longer before he returned to his nest to sleep.

Dakota Gilbert
PM   Email
^
Dakota Gilbert
 Posted: 1/21/18, 08:15 pm
Lisa
115 posts
Pokémon Trainer

It made Dakota happy that the hungry pokémon accepted her offer of food and dug in. She smiled as she watched the little guy gobble up her leftovers. They didn't last long at all, and within a minute or so the pokémon was licking his claws clean. Dakota wished she had brought more food with her. The poor guy couldn't possibly be full already, but maybe he was with his small stature. When he scoot the container back to her, she placed the plastic lid back on it and tucked it back into her bag.

The pokémon and Samara began to converse again. Dakota watched them closely, and a smile spread across Samara's face. Samara laughed. What do you mean? They can understand us. Maybe not directly, but they pick up on our body language and use context clues. Once she got to know you, she'd be able to understand you. Samara explained. While you were eating, I told her I thought you looked lonely. She's concerned for you. And, she likes you. My human only shares her food with pokémon she likes. Samara explained.

Samara wasn't sure what to say after that. The Sneasel insisted that he didn't mind being alone, that Sneasel tended to live alone anyway. Was he being truthful? Or did he not want them to feel bad for him? Samara couldn't tell. No pokémon liked to be alone. Not all of the time, anyway. She looked at Dakota, who seemed to be distracted by the tall grass in front of her again. Well... we can leave you be, if you'd like. Buuuuuuut... if you are interested, you could come with us. There is plenty more food where that came from, and a warm place to sleep every night. And if you truly do like being alone, she will give you the space you need. Samara asked.

She wasn't sure how else to approach the Sneasel, so she went with blunt honesty. She came right out and said what her trainer was thinking. Or at least what she thought she was thinking. Maybe the communication between them wasn't as flawless as Samara made it out to be. Either way, she hoped she could offer the Sneasel something he didn't even know he wanted. Peace and quiet, but with safety, food, and companionship if he wanted it.

Nox Korrik
PM   Email
^
Wild Pokémon
 Posted: 1/24/18, 09:09 pm
NPC
3432 posts
NPC

As the ghost spoke, Sneasel frowned. She thought he looked lonely? He was pretty sure he didn't but how was he supposed to know what he looked like? He didn't feel lonely so it made sense he wouldn't look that way right? Well whatever. He wasn't lonely so they didn't need to worry about him. Though it seemed too late for that. He didn't respond once she'd finished talking since he wasn't really sure what to say. It was nice that the human seemed to like him, but he wasn't interested in being abandoned again.

He flashed the Haunter a look when she tried to convince him to go with them and waved his claws dismissively. I had that once. It was fine until my human decided to bring me out here and leave me. Why would I want to set myself up to be knocked down again? He questioned, choosing to leave out the part about his human not being able to take care of him. The truth was, he didn't want to experience that betrayal a second time. Sure, he knew why he'd been abandoned but that hadn't made it any easier to accept. And he was afraid it would happen again. As much as he wanted to belong to a human again, to be safe and warm and well fed, he just couldn't do it. Not when that memory still lingered in his mind.

Dakota Gilbert
PM   Email
^
Dakota Gilbert
 Posted: 1/29/18, 08:12 pm
Lisa
115 posts
Pokémon Trainer

Samara's silly grin faded into a frown once more. This poor creature, being abandoned by its previous trainer. Samara could only imagine how that felt. If Dakota ever abandoned her, it would ruin her. Samara tried to think quickly, and ran through the list of Dakota's pokémon in search of another that might have been abandoned. Adrian, her Cubone, had been abandoned by his trainer, but he wouldn't be any help right now at all. There really wasn't much Samara could do to convince the Sneasel that Dakota would never give up on one of her pokémon, no matter how hard things became.

Dakota glanced up at Samara and caught sight of her frown. She glanced at the Sneasel, who also didn't appear to be leaping with joy. How did this evening turn into such a downer? What were they talking about? After a few moments, Dakota decided to climb back to her feet. She brushed her hands off on her shorts and pulled the hood of her hoodie back over her head. "Listen little guy, it's getting dark. If you'd like, you are welcome to come back to town with me and we can grab you some more food. Otherwise, I've got to get going." she said. Samara panicked, realizing her human had just about given up on befriending the wild pokémon.

Quickly, Samara hovered between Dakota and the Sneasel and offered a sympathetic smile. See that tree over there? The one with the ragged old Spearow nest in it? We'll come back tomorrow with more food. If you get hungry, come meet us there at sunset. Or, we will just leave the food in that nest for you. Samara explained. She pointed a long, creepy finger to the east of where they were standing at a short, stocky tree with an old nest in the thickest branches. Dakota loves going for walks out here at night, so it's really no problem. And no arguments, either. She wants to help.

Dakota grinned, not understanding a word Samara was whispering but wanting to part on good terms. She offered a polite little wave before calling for Samara to follow her. "See you around!" she told the Sneasel, choosing to walk away and leave the wild pokémon to its independence. Samara remained quiet, troubled by the creature's story and wishing there had been a way to convince it to join them so it didn't have to spend another night alone in the cold, brisk air.

The next day, Samara continued to bug Dakota about bringing more food to the Sneasel. She hovered around Dakota's shoulders all morning, pointing at the miniature refrigerator in her hotel room and then pointing out the window towards the meadows. Dakota knew right off the bat what Samara was suggesting, but chose to appear clueless. The little creature clearly didn't want Dakota's help, regardless of whether it needed it or not. After a while, Dakota rolled her eyes at Samara and began to ignore her.

Samara did not give up. As the sun began to set, she urged Dakota more and more. At one point, she even used her ghostly powers to turn off the TV, make the lights flicker, and cause one of the light bulbs to burst. The shattering sound made Dakota jump from her seat. "SAMARA!! Seriously?!" she yelled, angry and fed up with her behavior. Dakota was just about to grab Samara's pokéball and retrieve her, when Samara frowned. It was not her normal "I want something" frown. This expression showed true sadness, and Dakota couldn't help but feel guilty.

"Okay." was all she said, and within minutes she put together a nice little picnic bag with more scrambled eggs, some ham, and some chopped up fruit. She grabbed a water bottle and tucked it into her back pocket, and out the door they went. Unfortunately, Dakota's stubbornness had delayed their arrival, and Samara was anxious that the poor Sneasel would think they didn't show and run off. She did everything her ghostly figure could do to hurry Dakota along.

When they arrived, the Sneasel was nowhere to be seen. Samara cringed. He must have assumed they had abandoned him as well. Dakota paused at the tree, unsure why Samara had insisted they come to this particular spot but didn't ask. She could tell Samara was looking for something, waiting for something. Had she told the Sneasel they would be back with food? After a few quiet moments, Samara hovered over to the tree and pointed up at the nest. With a deep sigh, Dakota unpacked the food and began to climb up the lower branches so she could reach. She carefully placed the containers in the nest and removed the lids. "I hope you know what you're doing." she said to Samara.

Nox Korrik
(Yay! I'm so glad this came to me, I was really stuck with this one! lol... feel free to have the Sneasel show up while they are there, or wait until they've left. Whatever you think!)
PM   Email
^
Wild Pokémon
 Posted: 2/2/18, 02:34 pm
NPC
3432 posts
NPC

As the human got to her feet and spoke to him, inviting him to come with her, he faked a yawn and rubbed his eyes with a claw the way he'd seen young humans do when they were tired. He wasn't quite that tired but it was likely the best way to say he would be staying where he was and not going anywhere. Of course, the ghost wasn't about to just give up and popped up to speak again. He studied the tree she pointed at, trying to appear nonchalant. "Didn't I say I was fine on my own?" He questioned, though the idea that they'd come back and bring him more food had him curious. Plus, he wouldn't have to go far. His nest was actually near that tree. He could watch for them from there and, if they kept their promise, he could come out to see them. He rolled his eyes at her and shrugged. "Whatever. I won't turn down a free meal but I'm not getting my hopes up, just so you know." He added before disappearing back into the tall grass, heading the opposite direction of the girl and her ghost.

All the next day Sneasel couldn't help but wonder what foods the girl might bring if she showed up. More eggs would be nice. He loved eggs. But he wasn't so fond of bread so he hoped she didn't bring any of that. Or maybe she'd bring berries. He wondered if she'd have a variety of them so he could pick out his favorites or if he'd have to just politely nibble on whatever ones she brought. Though he'd said he wouldn't get his hopes up, he was eager to see if the human kept her word and brought him something. As an added bonus, the ranger was out that morning and had brought him some hard boiled eggs! He'd eaten two of them as soon as they'd been handed over and had carried the others off to enjoy later.

As the sun began to set, he'd settled in under the tree, peeling the shells away from two of his remaining eggs before eating them. It was little more than a snack, in case the human did show up. He'd taken his time enjoying the treat and carefully peeling at the shells so the came off almost whole and didn't damage the cooked egg within. By the time he'd finished he was sure the human would have been there if she was coming. Deciding she wasn't going to show, he returned to his nest, though he'd carefully placed the shells of the eggs and a dark feather he'd found in the nest to show he'd been there. He would sleep for awhile and then head out to see what he could find to do in the meadow. He curled up in his nest and was just about to close his eyes when footsteps drew his attention.

Though he was well hidden from view, he could see the tree and, to his surprise, the human girl and her ghost were there. So they'd showed up after all. He didn't rush out to greet them, instead he remained quiet, watching from his hiding place. They seemed to be looking for him. As the human began to climb, he couldn't help but smile. She was dedicated, that was for sure. Deciding he liked her, he grabbed a somehwat battered plastic envelope from his nest and darted from hiding. He bypassed the ghost and nimbly scaled the tree behind the human, practically appearing out of nowhere in the nest as she was placing the food there. He gave her a mischievous little grin and pointed at the feather and eggshells he'd left. He sniffed at the food and was glad to see more eggs and some fruit as well.

Before he dug in, he held the envelope out for her to take. His former trainer had given it to him and told him to give it to someone kind, someone he really liked. He wasn't quite sure he liked this girl as much as he could, but he liked her well enough. Besides, he wanted to see what the strange human scribbles meant. He knew it was a message from one human to another, but he couldn't make sense of it. But he'd kept it safe from rain and snow and other such things that might ruin it. He hoped it could still be read.

If Dakota took it, she would find a brief letter inside. The date at the top suggested the letter had been written over a year ago.

To whoever is reading this letter,

If you're reading this, you've managed to make friends with a stubborn, but very loyal, friend. If you're reading this, I am also most likely dead. My name is Garrett and I am writing this because I am very sick. My pokemon don't know this and I'm not sure they would understand. I've tried my best to care for them through my illness but it has been a struggle. When I received the news that there was nothing more the doctors could do, I knew I couldn't ask them to watch me die. I've been releasing them into the wild if I know they can survive or giving them to friends. This is my last letter. This Sneasel, I won't tell you his name because I want you to choose a new one for him, was a very good friend to me. I regret having to leave him the way I did but I knew I couldn't just find him a new home like I had with most of the others. He's too...let's call him particular about his people. He's slow to trust but once he does he'll be a lifelong companion. If you're reading this, he's decided to like you. Tell him Garrett says he needs to stop being stubborn. Good luck.

Dakota Gilbert

Whoops, that got longer than I thought it would. I kinda feel bad for stubborn little Sneasel-butt, now tho. xD
PM   Email
^
Dakota Gilbert
 Posted: 2/5/18, 11:02 am
Lisa
115 posts
Pokémon Trainer

Dakota was peeling off the lid to the last container of food, when the Sneasel appeared in front of her eyes. It startled her, and after a gasp she fell backwards a little bit, having to grab the thick branches around her for support. "Oh shit!" she yelped, but was instantly relieved when she saw the dark, clawed creature from the day before. A smile spread over her face, and she readjusted her position in the tree to get comfortable again. "There you are!" she said, happily.

The Sneasel looked thrilled to see her, and the food she brought. Dakota was right to bring eggs again, and the fruit seemed to attract him as well. Before the little guy dug in however, he handed her a small envelope. Her eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "What's this?" she asked, taking the small paper in her hands. How long as he had this? He certainly had some dedication, because the envelope had been kept dry and was completely intact, aside from a little dirt. Dakota gently peeled open the envelope and opened the folded paper inside.

What she read broke her heart. It was a letter from the Sneasel's previous trainer, dated over a year ago. It explained that his trainer had been fatally ill, and that once there was nothing more the doctors could do for him, he couldn't allow his pokémon to watch him die. Tears welled up in Dakota's eyes as she read on. The previous trainer released his pokémon into the wild or found them new homes. This explained why the Sneasel was so stubborn, he didn't understand what happened to his original trainer.

Dakota looked up from the letter, blinking back the tears. "Sneasel," she began, "Garrett says you need to stop being stubborn." Dakota said the words moreso because the letter asked her to, at this point she wasn't so intent on taking the Sneasel home with her. However, knowing the Sneasel's background now made her want to give him a loving home that he deserved. Dakota giggled, feeling silly for saying it. "I am so sorry about your previous trainer. I had no idea. He didn't abandon you though, he was sick. He had no choice, so know that it wasn't because he didn't love you and care about you. He loved you so much he wanted you to be free and happy."

She slipped the letter back into its envelope and handed it back to the Sneasel to keep. It was all he had from his trainer, she was sure he'd want to keep it. She managed to keep the tears from falling. "Listen... I understand it must be hard to trust another human being. I won't pressure you or anything. I can offer you a home, with other pokémon to keep you company or your own solitude if that's how you prefer. Also, lots of eggs." she laughed, "But I also understand if you want to stay and be free. So the choice in entirely yours. Just know that I travel a lot and might not be able to bring you meals every day, but when I am in town I will bring you a meal." she promised.

Nox Korrik
(Hope this works! Let me know if I should change anything!~)
PM   Email
^
Wild Pokémon
 Posted: 2/9/18, 10:59 am
NPC
3432 posts
NPC

Sneasel smiled when he scared the human and gave her a mock-threatening raise of his claws. Almost like a child darting around a corner, waving his arms and shouting 'boo' would do. After the human had taken the envelope, he dug in to the food. He finished off the eggs while she was reading and was picking through the fruits when she spoke. His ears twitched when she addressed him but he didn't look up for pawing through the fruit until she said a name.

Sneasel looked up at her then, eyes wide with shock. Garrett. That had been his trainer's name. And he was always telling him to not be stubborn. He sat back in the nest, picking absently at the fruit. What did he want? He didn't really like living out here, as much as his bravado wouldn't let him admit it out loud. But he also wasn't sure he wanted to trust another human. So Garrett had his reasons and had just been trying to do what he thought would be best. But what about this girl? What if she got sick too?

The words that the human traveled and wouldn't be able to bring him food regularly sent a small jolt through him. The ranger was leaving too. That's what he'd said earlier, when he'd given Sneasel the hard boiled eggs. He was leaving and Sneasel probably wouldn't see him again. And now this human was saying she'd leave too. He was torn between throwing the fruit in her face and running back to his nest and....he eyed the spot on her belt where she kept the pokeballs. He could go with her. She was nice and had offered him food and shelter, things he'd had to scrape and fight for out here. "Quit being stubborn." The words echoed in his mind and he took a breath. No more barely scraping by and fighting for food and shelter. No more falling asleep alone and uncertain what the next day would bring. Resolved to try and trust this girl, he pointed very deliberately at the pokeballs she carried. If that didn't get the message across he'd follow her until she figured it out.

Sneasel accepts Dakota's offer and wishes to join her team!

Dakota Gilbert
PM   Email
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Options   Pages: (2) 1 2  Reply   New Topic   New Poll   

RPG-D FF:Adventu PLEDGE -- a pokémon roleplay Pokemon: Forever Forgotten
Pokemon: Terrene Kaleidoscope