paradise • a pokémon adventure
cbox

welcome

Established in July 2014, Paradise is a pokémon role-play community that’s all about getting back to the basics. With a simplified training system, we focus more on writing than grinding for levels. Join us today and begin your adventure in the Eden region!

information

Getting Started Setting Information Trainer Classes Game Mechanics Field Guide Eden League Rules & FAQ

updates

September 20 – Applications for Hinoki Gym Leader are now closed, and the choice will be announced in the coming days! On another note, however, there were no applications for the Fighting-Type Eden Elite, so the deadline has been extended to October 4!

shortcuts

Training Log Wild Encounters Breeding Records Adoption Center Face Claims Player Directory Open Threads

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply   New Topic   

One Thing After Another, Aria gets into some serious trouble...
Vexel Mitore
 Posted: 7/19/17, 08:18 pm
Sev
275 posts
Pokémon Trainer

Vex arched an eyebrow at Aria's refusal of the snacks. "You really should eat something." Was all he said on the matter, however, as he opted to eat the bar himself. He had a couple more granola bars and some trail mix in his pack if she changed her mind later. "We both deserve a make-up date after all this is over. And it's really no one's fault. The wilderness and the pokemon that live here are unpredictable. Neither one of us could have known what was going to happen." He didn't blame her. Aside from not panicking (which they'd been over and he wouldn't bring up again), there wasn't anything she could have done differently that was going to change their circumstances now.

When Aria turned and caught him mid-cut, he gave her a half smile and double checked the instructions on his pokegear to make sure he was on the right track. When he went to put the sling on her, he hesitated a bit as she put her hand on his chest and traced the lines of Ixen's long-healed claw marks. He knew that, eventually, Aria was going to see his scars, whether becuase he chose to show them or she saw them on accident. Either way, she was going to have questions he'd have to answer. "That's because I don't usually show them off." He didn't exactly meet her gaze when she looked up at him, instead glancing down at the newer scars marking his hand. He knew Aria wouldn't judge Ixen for what had happened, but it was still not something he liked sharing.

He finally met her gaze when she asked what had happened and assured him he didn't have to talk right then if he wasn't feeling up to it. He didn't respond right away, letting her inspect and adjust his makeshift first aid a moment and figure out where they were going to sleep. The ground was going to be cold on his bare skin, but it was worth it to make sure Aria was taken care of. He debated not telling her anything at all, but what would be the point? The story wouldn't change and he wouldn't feel any more inclined to talk about it if he waited.

He joined her in the corner near the fire, glad they at least had that to keep warm, and held out his scarred right hand. "Training Charmander is apparently very dangerous, at least for me. You know how I got these ones." He brought his hand up to trace the marks on his chest. "Ixen gave me these. Not intentionally. It was almost four years ago now, when he was still a Charmander. We were battling and Ixen had gotten confused by a move. I went in to try and give him a berry but he lashed out at me, not realizing I was his trainer and not his opponent. It was an accident." He let his hand drop and leaned back with a shrug. "Needless to say we never finished that battle. I don't usually let people see them because they assume I'm making it up, that Ixen is some vicious monster. You've met him, you know he'd never hurt anyone unless he had to. I got tired of hearing it and I gradually got more and more reserved about when and where I took off my shirt." He gave her another half smile and a shrug. "So now you know the terrible tale of how I got my scars. Do I get to hear some terrible secret of yours now?" He questioned, mostly just to be silly. He really didn't think she had many secrets and certainly nothing as dramatic as 'I've was attacked by my own pokemon'.

Aria Wolfe
PM   
^
Aria Wolfe
 Posted: 7/21/17, 07:39 pm
Lisa
177 posts
Pokémon Trainer

Aria could feel the tension building in their small shelter the moment she asked him about the scars. She knew by the size and shape of them that they were from something very unfortunate happening, but was comfortable enough in their relationship to ask without hesitating. However, when he didn't answer right away, she wondered if maybe he didn't feel as comfortable as she did. It was fine if he didn't feel close enough to her yet to share some of his not-so-glamorous past. Some people take time and proven loyalty before they open up about their past. She lifted her fingers from his chest when he stepped away and they regrouped by the fire.

He sat down beside her, and she scooted in close to rest her head on his shoulder. She used her good hand to lift Vex's arm around her. Now that they were cuddled in close, she let her hand come to rest on his chest again. Whether he talked about the scars or not, she wanted to show him that they didn't scare or bother her at all. Some girls believed scars were sexy for some strange reason, something to do with battles in the old days. Aria hadn't really come across a guy with scars before, especially not long ones like these, but she didn't feel one way or the other about them. They were part of who Vex was, and they didn't change her feelings about him one bit.

Then, he spoke. To her surprise, he opened up to her and explained how he got them. As he spoke, she ran her fingers along his chest and listened intently, feeling the heaving of his chest as he inhaled and exhaled. He explained what had happened, that when his Ixen was still a Charmander, he became confused during battle and attacked Vex when he tried to help. Aria frowned, feeling bad for both Vex and Ixen. She was sure that even with Vex wearing clothing constantly that Ixen couldn't forget the scars under those clothes. Aria couldn't imagine how that would feel for either of them.

Vex continued, and explained why he became self-conscious about them over time. It was completely understandable, and Aria couldn't imagine how it felt to be judged over and over again for something that happened accidentally. That wasn't fair to either of them. Aria was completely lost in her thoughts when she realized he had asked her a question. She snapped to and smiled. A terrible secret of mine, huh? she thought to herself. This was going to be a difficult one, because her life growing up had been quite easy really.

"Hmmm..." was all she said at first, having to really dig deep into her memories for something really worth sharing with him. He already knew that she grew up an only child with her father, but she had never really elaborated on how and why that was the case. And Vex had never asked about her mother, most likely because whenever the topic came up Aria tended to avoid it. So, she decided maybe it was time she shared that dark part of her past with him. It was really the only thing she could think of because again, her life has pretty much gone her way so far.

"Well," she began with a deep sigh, "I haven't told you that my mother passed away when I was born. She was 24 years old when she had me. She had a lot of health issues already, and passed away from complications while giving birth. My father said I barely survived. He raised me, as you already know, but I never really talk about her because I never even met her. I'm still a little jealous of people who are close with their parents, because I never got to have that, but... my dad is the best, and he counts as both parents to me. I love him very much." she trailed off, not wanting to ramble on.

It was quiet for a moment, and with her head pressed against his chest she listened to his heart beat and breathing. She closed her eyes, and let the photographs she had seen of her mother dance around in her mind. She was a pretty little thing, with long black hair and the same bright blue eyes she had given Aria. She always worried about her father, because losing the love of his life must have been earth-shattering. One time she asked him if he ever felt angry with her, that she caused his wife's death, but he insisted it was quite the opposite. He was so thankful he had her to care for, because she was a piece of her mother that he was lucky enough to keep forever.

Vexel Mitore (Got a little carried away with the whole past thing, hope it's okay! Haha)
PM   Email
^
Vexel Mitore
 Posted: 7/30/17, 04:00 pm
Sev
275 posts
Pokémon Trainer

When Vex had finished speaking, he waited for Aria to say something about his tale. But she didn't. Instead, she opted to answer his only partially serious question about having any dark secrets of her own to share. She told him how her mother had died during childbirth and even she had barely survived. As she trailed off, she shifted a bit so he could put his other arm around her and wrap her in a hug. He'd guessed something had happened to her mother given how she was an only child, raised by her single father since she was a baby. But he hadn't asked for details because he could tell she didn't like talking about her mother much. "You didn't have to tell me that but I'm glad you did." He wasn't sure if she'd appreciate hearing sympathetic words...not after so long, but he didn't feel right not saying anything either. "I'm sure you get tired of hearing it every time you tell anyone about your mom but I'm sorry you weren't able to know her. I can't imagine what it would be like to grow up without my mom. She's always been there for me no matter what I needed." He kissed Aria's cheek lightly and offered her a small smile. "Tell you what, I'll share her with you. She's always wanted a daughter and, even though you're an adult, I know she'd adore having you call her for girly advice if you ever need to." He knew his parents would have loved to have more children but they were lucky to even have him. He wasn't sure of all the details since he'd only overheard bits of conversations and had never asked about the things he'd heard; but he knew his parents had had trouble getting pregnant.

As Aria rested against him, he wondered if she had ever blamed herself for her mother's death. It was not a question he would ever ask, of course, but he couldn't help but feel sorry for her if she did. He couldn't imagine what she must have felt, to be a little girl wondering why she didn't have a mommy like everyone else. And her dad...what sort of answers had he given to a child too young to truly understand death? He hoped he never had to answer questions like that because he honestly wasn't sure he would be able to do it. "We should try and get some sleep." He told her, hoping that the suddenly heavy mood of their little shelter would ease after some sleep. Things would look brighter in the morning, he was sure of it.

Aria Wolfe
PM   
^
Aria Wolfe
 Posted: 7/31/17, 10:57 am
Lisa
177 posts
Pokémon Trainer

As Vex wrapped his arms around her and pulled her close, all of her worries melted away. The stress of the evening, the adrenaline rush from earlier, the anxiety about making it back to town safely... it all washed away with the sound of the rain. She forgot all about the Oranguru family and her hurt wrist and scrapes and bruises. She felt warm and safe in Vex's arms. Things would be better tomorrow. The storm would pass and they'd walk back to town in the warm light of the morning sun, probably holding hands.

She closed her eyes and took in a deep breath, her head resting on Vex's shoulder. Vex's offer to share his own mother with her was the sweetest thing anyone's said to her in a good while. She lifted her chin slightly to look him in the eyes before planting a kiss on his cheek. "That is so sweet, Vex..." she said, wondering if that meant he was serious enough about their future together. His mother acquiring her as a daughter would mean Vex and her would get married, and they hadn't discussed that possibility yet. A smiled forced its way onto her face at the thought, though. "I can't wait to meet her." she said with a sigh.

"And you know what? Who cares what other people think. I know you're pretty much a celebrity and all but you are who you are and I love you and your sexy scars." she said, laughing at the last bit. "It was just an accident and if people want to judge you, let them. Don't let them get to you. You're handsome and charming and considerate and helpful... and you work really hard to train your pokémon. You make sacrifices for them and not a lot of trainers can say they do that. So..." she stopped to take in a breath. "People are going to think what they're going to think. It's what you think of yourself that matters. You know it was an accident and you know that Ixen loves you and will do anything for you. All that matters is that you stay true to yourself and your pokémon and continue to follow your dreams. The rest of them can all..." she stopped herself, wishing she could say some profanity but knowing she couldn't bring herself to do it.

Instead, she laughed, and buried her face into Vex's chest even more. She didn't care about his scars or his story behind them, as long as he was comfortable with himself and happy. He had a lot to be proud of, coming as far as he has and accomplishing his goals. And he was good looking to boot. She grinned again, feeling lucky she was a part of his story. She was quite warm and quite comfy now, and if she closed her eyes it would be a matter of minutes before she fell asleep. As if Vex was reading her thoughts, he suggested they try to get some rest. She let out a yawn and closed her eyes, wondering if he had anything to say in response. It was okay if he didn't, she was pretty exhausted and in all honesty, the soft low sound of his voice might put her to sleep.

Vexel Mitore
(If he has anything to say, go ahead, and feel free to assume that after she has listened to him and agrees, she drifts off to sleep.)
PM   Email
^
Vexel Mitore
 Posted: 8/8/17, 08:12 pm
Sev
275 posts
Pokémon Trainer

Vex hadn't considered how his offer to share his mother with Aria might sound as though he was imply they'd get married. He hadn't given much thought to the idea of marriage thus far but the more time he spent with Aria the more he knew he wanted her in his life for as long as possible. When she mentioned wanting to meet his mother, he realized he'd never actually introduced them. Whenever he talked to his parents Aria was either not with him wherever he happened to be or it was in the evenings after they'd both retired to their respective rooms at their hotels. "I forgot you've never actually spoken to her yet. We'll call her tomorrow and I'll introduce you. It won't be the same as meeting her in person but that's not going to happen for awhile." Because he had no plans to travel back to Johto right now and it was difficult for his father to get time away from the gym. He'd have to consider it, of course, so that his parents could properly meet Aria.

As she spoke again, he couldn't help a quiet chuckle at her words. "The rest of them can all go to hell." He finished for her, not worried that she would be offended by his words, especially not after their very first meeting where he'd referred to one of his own pokemon as an asshole. She wasn't telling him anything he didn't already know. But he also couldn't help but let the unkind remarks bother him, especially when they were directed at his pokemon. "I know. But Ixen can't defend himself so I have to do it. I don't think anyone would realize it by looking at him, even when they were right there saying such nasty things...but it hurts him to be called a monster or vicious. I know he tries to ignore it but I've seen him look down at his claws and wonder....I hate seeing him like that. It's not something I can just ignore." He told her, glancing down only to see she wasn't even listening as she had drifted off to sleep at some point while he was speaking.

He stayed awake a bit longer, keeping watch in case any wild pokemon decided to try and use their little nook as a shelter as well. But with Drissi outside enjoying the rain and acting as their first line of defene and Inik, Ryna and Suturi inside snuggled up against them, it wasn't long before he'd drifted off himself.

Aria Wolfe
(Dunno if you want to do a post with them waking up and returning to town or just end it here. Either way is fine by me. =))
PM   
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Options   Pages: (2) 1 2  Reply   New Topic   

RPG-D  FF:Adventu PLEDGE -- a pokémon roleplay
Pokemon: Forever Forgotten Pokemon: Terrene Kaleidoscope