paradise • a pokémon adventure
cbox

welcome

Established in July 2014, Paradise is a pokémon role-play community that’s all about getting back to the basics. With a simplified training system, we focus more on writing than grinding for levels. Join us today and begin your adventure in the Eden region!

information

Getting Started Setting Information Trainer Classes Game Mechanics Field Guide Eden League Rules & FAQ

updates

May 18 – As you may have noticed, there have been some updates to the site's skin… most noticeably, forum area images! For a detailed account of what's changed (and to keep track of additional updates as they happen), check out the May Change-Log!

shortcuts

Training Log Wild Encounters Breeding Records Adoption Center Face Claims Player Directory Open Threads

Reply   New Topic   New Poll   

Another Long Walk..., Lost in thoughts...
Dakota Gilbert
 Posted: 6/2/17, 12:55 pm
Lisa
25 posts
Pokémon Trainer

She had to keep moving. If she entered one place and found nothing of interest, she'd go to the next. Dakota was searching for something but she didn't quite know herself what to look for. She hadn't found any clues in Primrose, so she kept walking and had now found herself on a path along the seaside cliffs. Her head was still covered by a hood and her eyes covered by sunglasses.

Here's what she knew for sure. Somewhere in Eden was a crime syndicate named Nightshade, and she wanted in. That's all she knew. She didn't know if they had certain symbols, certain gang colors, what they wore or looked like... or even who was in charge. How could she find out? It's not like you can just google Nightshade and have a list of contacts come up. She was alone, she had no friends so far here in Eden so she had to figure this out by herself.

Why did she want to join Nightshade again? Simple: Revenge.
Her now ex-girlfriend had been a member of Team Aqua back in Hoenn. Just a grunt, but their circle of grunts was a tight one, and Dakota didn't ever live up to their expectations no matter how hard she tried. She pulled crimes no one else dared to commit and simply got a shrug. Her girlfriend was crazy about her, but shrugged her off along side her group members.

Outside of Team Aqua, they were a match made in heaven. They were head over heels in love and the world was their playground. She was kind, loving, gentle, and playful... everything Dakota ever wanted. And Dakota dreamed of climbing the ranks of Team Aqua and running their own crime syndicate someday. However, when they were together in public or with the group, she was cold... she was harsh, quick to dismiss, and talked down to her. Her group members never thought Dakota was good enough for her, and despite her attempts to prove she was... in the end, they won. Her relationship ended because they wanted it to.

Dakota shook her head, realizing she had gone down a very deep hole and needed to snap back to reality for just a moment. She had walked several miles already and didn't remember any of it. She made sure there were no immediate threats nearby and continued on. Where was she? Oh yes. Revenge.

If she could join Nightshade and climb their ranks, get into a position of power, and have grunts of her own... she would show them all what they missed out on. She'd have a name for herself, and could demand to be respected. She'd have tools at her disposal, to make their lives hell back in Hoenn. She'd have the world at her fingertips and then, well... then maybe she'd see what she had given up. She'd regret letting her group influence her thoughts. She'd regret ending things. Perhaps even... Dakota could win her back.

To be continued...
PM   Email
^
Solow Liah
 Posted: 6/4/17, 06:47 pm
bu
5 posts
Pokémon Trainer

another long walk...

Dakota Gilbert

Eden had proved, time and time again, that it held sights unlike any other region she had visited. Already the young photographer had bought three new memory cards, simply to store everything she was capturing. Though that didn't necessarily mean all of her photos were professional level - many were awkward selfies of herself and her pokemon. Trying to get Zeus to hold still for one photo was a task, and somehow getting a photo where Erebus wasn't trying to climb all over her was another thing altogether.

Now though Solow was actually working seriously, capturing photos for her portfolio. At current she was held in a rather risky position, hanging over the edge of the route while trying to photograph the horizon. Only part of her thigh remained on the solid road, holding her up while her legs were angled awkwardly on the steep slope that lead into a hard landing. If this wasn't enough, the red-head was also tilting her upper body, testing out her angles and shifting her body weight.

Neither of her pokemon were enjoying the current scenario, and kept offering cautious whines urging their trainer to get back to safety. Neither dared to approach in fear of accidentally nudging the girl off the ledge, and merely pawed helplessly at the air. "I'll be fine," Solow would chant, assuring herself as well as her companions as she leaned ever forward. The few cars that drove along the route always startled her, and it wasn't until one caused her foot to slip slightly and pull her off balance that she decided to take a rest.

Pulling herself up from the sunken position her slip had placed her in, the girl managed to perch herself securely on the road. It was then her pokemon deemed it safe to scoot closer to their trainer, hanging over her shoulder as she checked over the photos she had taken. "These are decent..." she mumbled, clicking through the selection as footsteps approached. Without her attention being focused on the view and not-dying, Solow could finally take a moment to take a nosey at the passerbyers, and noticed the hooded girl almost immediately due to her odd attire.

Since the girl was wearing sunglasses, Solow wasn't sure if the stranger had noticed her staring. To be safe, the girl offered a smile and a small nod of her head and waited for a response.

hope you don't mind me jumpin' in! c:
PM   
^
Dakota Gilbert
 Posted: 6/4/17, 10:37 pm
Lisa
25 posts
Pokémon Trainer

(OOC: Not at all! Thank you for joining! Love your writing, and the design of it is so cute! Feels like I'm reading a book! ^^)

She was so deep in thought, she hadn't noticed the girl sitting to the right of the pathway until she practically stepped on her. Her sunglasses had already shaded her view, and her gaze had been entirely on the ground at her feet, no further. The sudden blend of colors at her feet caught her off guard and startled her, and she quickly hopped to the side to avoid stepping on anything important.

"Oh! Sorry!" she said, in an annoyed tone even though she didn't mean it to be. She took in the scene, realizing she had not only almost stepped on another trainer but her pokémon as well. Dakota slid her sunglasses down with her fingers and peered over them. A tall, black and white cat-like pokémon stood on one side of her, and a short, blue dog-like one on the other. They were quite the group! The trainer was smiling at her, despite the awkward introduction, so Dakota felt it was rude to not smile back.

She noticed something else too, that the trainer was holding. It was a camera, and a nice expensive-looking one at that. Dakota was curious, and since she was out here trying to get her mind off of... things... she decided to strike up a conversation. She looked into the bright hazel eyes of this trainer and felt welcome to. "Oh, I didn't almost step on your camera, did I??" she asked, playfully. To compliment her hazel eyes, the girl had gorgeous curly red hair and freckles. As Dakota examined her closer, she was quite pretty and her smile seemed warm and inviting. Well, she had found her distraction.

Solow Liah
PM   Email
^
Solow Liah
 Posted: 6/5/17, 06:00 pm
bu
5 posts
Pokémon Trainer

another long walk...

Dakota Gilbert

She had to admit, almost being run over by the girl wasn't exactly part of her plan. Thankfully the stranger had caught themselves before anything could happen, and Solow gave her own small gasp of fright as the girl jerked swiftly out of the way. A hand lifted at the apology, waving it off with ease as a shrug lifted her shoulders. "It's ok, you managed to swerve just in time," she mused, and fiddled with the strap of her camera as it was brought to attention. "No no, really it's fine. If something was going to hit me it would of happened when I was hanging off the edge." Solow gave a giggle at her own joke, before realising this newcomer probably hadn't seen her haphazardly taking photos and would most likely take her joke in the wrong way. "For the photos, I mean. Sometimes the zoom just isn't enough, haha."

Her awkward fumble of words had left her mildly annoyed, and she pursed her lips at herself before mentally shaking it off. A hand patted the hard ground beside her, dust and small stones kicking up at the action. "If you're not in a hurry, I can show you the photos I got?" Solow loved showing off her pictures, almost as much as she loved taking them. Back home it had always been her brother who would look over her work, and while his criticisms were harsh they had always been well-intended. "You can let me know if I suck of not," she grinned in teasing, turning her attention to Erebus as he settled in his usual spot on her lap.

Both companions loved to look at Solow's work, even though they couldn't offer any vocal advice. Though while they always thought their trainer's more professional shots were pretty, they personally preferred the blurry selfies that were shoved into each morning's routine. Secretly Solow preferred them herself too, since they were the only shots she knew she only had to take a single photo of for it to be perfect. That and the fact that her short-sight meant she could hardly see most of her landscape shots until after they had been captured. This was also usually why Zeus was able to sneak a cameo in one or two shots every time.

aww thank you so much! i love your character, she already seems like a lot of fun!
PM   
^
Dakota Gilbert
 Posted: 6/6/17, 01:30 pm
Lisa
25 posts
Pokémon Trainer

To her surprise, the girl offered her a place to sit next to her. Dakota raised her eyebrows. She would never trust a stranger that much, she would never offer someone a seat without learning a little about them first... especially not a stranger with a hood and sunglasses. Perhaps her apologetic tone gave the girl reason to believe she was harmless. Dakota shrugged, why not? What else is she doing right now anyway?

She carefully stepped over, avoiding the nearby pokémon, and took a seat next to the girl. She had to admit, she was curious at the mention of hanging off cliff edges. That seemed dangerous, and Dakota admired the girl for being willing to take chances for her work. Eden was quite the scenic region, but for some reason it hadn't occurred to Dakota that people would be out here photographing it. It was one of her faults, she always failed to stop and admire the beauty of things.

When the girl started scrolling through her photographs, Dakota had to lean in a little close to see them. She felt just a teensy bit uneasy, having not been this close to another human being in quite some time, but she shook it off best she could. The pictures were actually really interesting! The angle she captured was quite unique, and Dakota found herself lost in the images as they scrolled by. "Wow, these are really cool!" she finally said, and leaned back so she wasn't yelling in the poor girl's ear. "I could see those crazy angles being used in a travel magazine or something..."

Dakota reached up and pulled down her hood, forgetting she was still in stealth mode. She ran her fingers through her hair to straighten it back out after the hood had tangled it up. Afterwards, she pushed her sunglasses up off her eyes and onto the top of her head. It was silent for just a moment, and Dakota realized she actually was quite interest in this trainer and her photography. "Do you typically only do landscapes? Or portraits as well? What do you like to photograph most?" she asked, with a warm smile.

Solow Liah (Not sure why but I never got an alert that you posted this? Sorry for the delay!)
PM   Email
^
Solow Liah
 Posted: 6/8/17, 07:27 am
bu
5 posts
Pokémon Trainer

another long walk...

Dakota Gilbert

Solow held a smile as she pressed through the photos she had taken, pausing every so often to examine them herself. There were certain aspects of many photos that the girl didn't like, though she was thankful that there were a few she deemed usable.

Having been so immersed in critiquing her own work, the sudden sound of the stranger's voice almost sent her soul flying as her body twitched in fright. Solow immediately felt bad however as the other girl pulled away from her, believing it was her jerk that had caused the movement. "Oh, sorry, I got so focused on seeing what ones were good..." she mumbled, trailing off as the girl complemented her angles. "You think? That would be really cool!" While magazines hadn't exactly been her end goal, the photographer certainly wouldn't turn down the chance to boost her career. Glancing down at the photo she had paused at on the screen, Solow gave a smile before she paused, squinting her gaze at the corner as a certain blue and yellow ear could be seen poking into frame.

The knowing look she offered Zeus was soon cut short as the stranger removed her hood and glasses, and Solow was impressed by the colour in her hair. "Woah, your hair looks awesome." She grinned, holding her camera up slightly as she turned more to face the girl, deciding to answer the next question with one of her own. "Can I take a photo of you?" As she waited for the answer, Solow glanced down at the small bag by her side and the many SD cards inside. "I love taking photos of people as well. Not usually posed though - I think candid shows the personality better. I still show the people the photo and make sure they don't mind me keeping it afterwards, though." To prove her point, before allowing the girl anytime to compose herself, Solow snapped a photo with a wide grin and presented it to her. "See?"

Looking down at Erebus and Zeus as they begun a small tussle over who got to sit on her lap, Solow gave a breath of a laugh before answering the final question. "It probably sounds stupid, but my favourite thing to photograph is me and my pokemon. Every morning before we leave I make sure to get a picture, even though a lot of them are blurry and sometimes Zeus is biting my chin," she paused, playfully tapping the shinx's nose as he made to nibble at her finger. "It's fun."

Solow placed the camera by her side as she tipped her head at the girl, holding a blank expression as she made a key realisation. "I haven't even told you my name. I'm Solow," she grinned sheepishly, pulling her shoulders in a shrug at her own forgetfulness.

sorry this took a couple of days!

PM   
^
Dakota Gilbert
 Posted: 6/8/17, 09:08 pm
Lisa
25 posts
Pokémon Trainer

Dakota felt her face flush a little bit at the girl's comment on her hair and she smiled. She'd had it colored this way for a long time, so sometimes she forgot it wasn't normal. Truth be told, her natural hair color was blonde, and long ago she had dyed her entire head purple. She liked the way it looked when it grew out and the purple stayed at the tips, so she kept it. It was different, which she liked. "Thank you!" she responded finally, realizing an uneasy amount of time had gone by since her compliment.

The girl was sweet, and definitely comfortable with herself and new people. She asked permission to take Dakota's picture, which she wasn't entirely comfortable with but before she could politely decline, the snapshot was taken. Dakota played it cool and shrugged it off, nothing she could do about it now. She found the girl quite charming though so she made an exception. Instead, she smiled and even laughed a little bit.

Now she was telling Dakota all about taking selfies with her pokémon, which she found adorable. Dakota shared that kind of attachment with her Samara, even if she didn't express it all the time. She admired the girl's close relationship with her pokémon and hoped her and Samara would have that close of a bond someday. She laughed and listened intently to her about her struggles with their selfies.

When the girl finally introduced herself, Dakota instantly threw her head back and groaned. "I am so sorry!! I should have introduced myself before I sat down. Guess I don't usually talk to strangers much." Dakota said, reaching out a hand and offered a handshake. "Nice to meet you Solow, my name is Dakota." she added with a smile. She also made sure to look at each of her pokémon after she introduced herself. They were part of Solow's family obviously, it would be rude of her to not include them in her introduction.

"So what's your story, Solow? Where are you from originally? How did you meet your pokémon?" Dakota asked, feeling for the first time in a while that she was really interested in getting to know this girl better. It was a lot to ask all at once, but Dakota never said she was good at this. She wanted to keep the conversation going, and evenly paced. She couldn't let Solow do all the talking, could she? Well, she didn't want to at least. She gave Solow an awkward but best intention smirk.

Solow Liah (No worries!)
PM   Email
^
Solow Liah
 Posted: 6/10/17, 05:12 pm
bu
5 posts
Pokémon Trainer

another long walk...

Dakota Gilbert

The red-head gave a giggle when Dakota offered as much embarrassment as herself at forgetting introductions. Solow extended her hand and linked it with hers to complete the handshake, noting how her pokemon were getting an equal amount of attention at the greeting. Both companions offered small noises in return as Solow leaned back onto her hands.

The following set of questions brought the girl to purse her lips, deciding where she should start and how much detail she could put into a story of her life. "Well... I'm from Sinnoh,"[/b[ she begun. tipping her head as she glanced out at the view. [b]"My family still live there; mom, dad and my brother Helum." There was a short pause as she thought back on her family, mentally reminding herself that she still had to send a gift to her parents. "They're all really smart. My parents were professors and my brother followed suit. I picked up a camera one day and haven't really put it back down I guess. It's why I'm here." Solow let her words sit for a moment before she clocked that maybe her explanation was ever so slightly vague.

"I decided I wanted to go explore the world and try to build up a portfolio, and before I left I got these two." With a small wave of her hands, Solow gestured at the two pokemon settled by her side. "They were at an adoption centre and had recently hatched." She knew the story wasn't exciting and there was no great tragedy to really bring her and her pokemon together, but they loved her exceptionally for how caring she was.

"What about you? You've got an exciting look about you, surely there's a story to match?"

PM   
^
Dakota Gilbert
 Posted: 6/12/17, 01:39 pm
Lisa
25 posts
Pokémon Trainer

Asking a new acquaintance questions about their life was always tricky, at least in Dakota's opinion. Everyone has a story, everyone has a past, and everyone has sensitive topics. She was glad she had stayed simple with her inquiries, especially when the girl's answers seemed easy and natural. She spoke fondly of her family, which made Dakota miss hers just a little bit.

She thankfully didn't have too much time for regret, as the topic changed to her traveling with her new pokémon. Dakota admired Solow for being inspired enough to leave her family behind and travel the world only to take pictures. It sounded like they were a close family, and it had to be scary leaving them to travel the world. That took bravery, Dakota knew herself. Sure, her story was a little different, but still.

As always, the acquaintance returned with the same question, and Dakota winced a little bit when asked about herself. She always forgot that being polite and asking personal questions typically required a response of her own. Oh well, she'd get over it. She swallowed hard and cleared her throat, and gave Solow a smile. After taking just a moment to organize her thoughts and provide her answer, she laughed.

"Haha I guess I have a story. It's a little much for right now but... I guess the short version is I'm an only child, I grew up in Hoenn, and I'm not close with my parents really. I got mixed up with the wrong people, and left home to get away and start a new life." she explained, hoping she didn't sound too damaged and scary but wanting the girl to be wary and not ask for details. She gave her a gentle smile and continued. "So I came here! And this region is beautiful and I'm learning so much! I haven't really made any friends yet, so chatting with you is quite refreshing actually." she said.

Dakota played in the dirt with the tips of her boots, feeling a little nervous after opening up about herself but not feeling uncomfortable. This girl seemed sweet and innocent, and Dakota was neither. In fact, Dakota wasn't here in Eden to see the sites, she was here for... well, that's for another time. However, it did raise the question of whether or not she should let this turn into a real friendship, given the direction she was headed with her life. It might be better to not get to close...

She shook off the thoughts, a little irritated she got ahead of herself. Her mind is always racing, she is always over-analyzing everything, it was one of her best faults. "Anyway, where are you headed next? Another pretty landscape to photograph?" she asked, trying to move the conversation along. She wondered where they'd go from here, if she'd get up and take off soon or if the girl wanted to tag along and talk more. They were strangers that somehow struck up conversation after Dakota almost stepped on her camera. Where would this spark of friendship take them?

Solow Liah (So sorry for the wait!! Busy weekend! Also, should we figure out where we want to go with this or just let it ride and see what happens? ^.^ I'm good with either!)
PM   Email
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Options    Reply   New Topic   New Poll   

RPG-D  FF:Adventu PLEDGE -- a pokémon roleplay
Pokemon: Forever Forgotten Pokemon: Terrene