paradise • a pokémon adventure
cbox

welcome

Established in July 2014, Paradise is a pokémon role-play community that’s all about getting back to the basics. With a simplified training system, we focus more on writing than grinding for levels. Join us today and begin your adventure in the Eden region!

information

Getting Started Setting Information Trainer Classes Game Mechanics Field Guide Eden League Rules & FAQ

updates

December 25 – Merry Christmas and happy holidays to all those celebrating! There's been an update regarding the open gym and elite positions, so please check out this thread if you think you might be interested in applying for a spot! Here's wishing you all a happy new year~!

shortcuts

Training Log Wild Encounters Breeding Records Adoption Center Face Claims Player Directory Open Threads

Reply   New Topic   New Poll   

Stopping to Smell the Roses, [Open!]
Lainey Orin
 Posted: 12/5/17, 02:50 pm
Lainey
7 posts
Pokémon Trainer

It was a nice, fresh start for the young woman. A town full of new people she’d never met, pokemon roaming the wilds of the places that surrounded her--needless to say, the girl was utterly terrified. But she was managing, especially since she had her precious Eve clutched within her tight grasp.

The Eve in question--an Eevee, of course, since Lainey wasn’t terribly creative when she was younger--was wriggling in Lainey’s grasp, obviously much more excited to explore everything than her trainer. There were people everywhere, and while Lainey would usually allow her darling Pokemon to go explore everything--especially because that meant she wouldn’t have to explore it first herself--she was terrified the young Pokemon would get lost. And Eve was everything to Lainey--she couldn’t allow such a thing to happen! Unfortunately, however, today wasn’t going how she planned. She didn’t have a clue where her older brother had gone off to, and with how shy she was, she wasn’t coping well on her own. She was shaking slightly, though she definitely had time enough to stop and smell the delicate flowers that grew perfectly within the gorgeous town. Primrose Town, she was sure it was called. It lived up to its name--the place was truly beautiful, she couldn’t help noticing.

Naturally, while she was kneeling down to sniff at some rather beautiful golden flowers she’d spotted growing alongside the neatly cleaned path, Eve managed to wriggle right out of her grasp, letting out a cheerful choir of ”Eevee! Eevee!” as she began to bound away. As soon as Lainey felt the soft Pokemon escape her hold, she straightened up with a rather terrified squeal.

So the girl started chasing her Pokemon around the small town, her azure eyes wide with panic as she ran after Eve, calling over and over. ”Eve! E--Oh, sorry! Eve! Eve, baby, please come ba--m-my bad, excuse me!” She’d accidentally bump into people as she dashed after her beloved Pokemon, eventually managing to trip and fall right on her face--she’d never been very coordinated, after all. With a heavy puff of breath, she looked around furiously for Eve.

(OOC: I hope this is good--it's been a while since I've roleplayed in this type of site! ^^; it's open to anyone, it'd be cool to meet new people!)
PM   Email
^
Dakota Gilbert
 Posted: 12/5/17, 03:58 pm
Lisa
108 posts
Pokémon Trainer

It was another beautiful day in Primrose Town. Despite it being later in the year and the cooler weather, people still filled the streets with arms full of shopping bags. The people rushed about, getting a head start on their holiday shopping. Dakota shook her head and rolled her eyes, watching from the street corner as she waited for the electric signal to cross. She never understood the hustle and bustle of holiday shopping. For once, she was glad she didn't have any family or close friends she needed to buy gifts for. Well, there was one friend, but she wasn't sure he was even the type that "did" Christmas presents...

The crosswalk signal had just changed to walk when a loud gasp sounded from behind her. There was some commotion, and out of the corner of her eye Dakota saw something small and brown scurry out into the street... the wrong direction. Thinking quickly, Dakota rushed into the street and scooped up the small pokémon into her arms. A loud car horn rang out, just before she stepped backwards and managed to avoid the oncoming car entirely. She hurried back onto the street corner, her heart practically pounding out of her chest.

The pokémon squirmed in her grasp. Dakota glanced down and instantly saw fear and uncertainty in the Eevee's eyes. It took her a moment to realize the poor thing was in the arms of a complete stranger, and that of course that would be scary. "It's okay! I'm not going to hurt you. You shouldn't play in the street you know..." she said softly, in an attempt to calm both the Eevee and herself down. She glanced around, hoping to spot a trainer that seemed to be looking for their pokémon. Hopefully this little thing had a trainer somewhere...

Lainey Orin
(OOC: Hope you don't mind me jumping in! I thought about messaging you beforehand and asking about ideas, and then I thought I'd just run with it! If you'd like me to change anything let me know! And glad to have you here on the site!)
PM   Email
^
Lainey Orin
 Posted: 12/5/17, 06:27 pm
Lainey
7 posts
Pokémon Trainer

Not far away from Dakota, a girl was scrambling to her feet--she'd heard the frantic honking, and while she was rather sure Eve was intelligent enough not to wander into the streets, she wasn’t sure her Pokemon wouldn’t be confused by the new surroundings--her head whipping around furiously as she searched for her Eevee. She wasn’t too tall--standing at 5 foot 6 inches, she was about average height. Her long blonde hair was pulled back into a blonde ponytail, which had grown rather messy during her flight to find Eve. She frantically smoothed down her pink skirt and straightened her matching pink tee shirt. Her skin was rather pale, too--like she hardly went outside before now. And that was true! She wasn’t big about being outside, but well--she was trying different things here.

Her azure eyes finally landed on Dakota, holding Eve--and while some people might jump to conclusions, she was just relieved Eve hadn’t run further. ”Eve!” She yelped joyfully, dashing over to Dakota with her eyes alight with relief. ”Oh, thank you--thank you so much! I-I didn’t know if I’d be able to catch her.” She took deep, heavy breaths--in her mind, she was genuinely hoping that traveling with her brother would allow her to gain some endurance and maybe even a bit of muscle. As of now, she was skinny and pale and terribly weak. But knowing her brother, she’d gain some muscle after running after his ambitious butt.

”I-I’m sorry for any trouble she caused--I didn’t think sh-she’d run off like that...” She was careful as she grasped Eve back from the other girl, giving her a shy though thankful smile. Her grasp on Eve was tight, but she was very careful not to harm her. Only gripping her tightly enough that the excited Pokemon wouldn’t escape from her again. ”S-see, I’m a bit new--I-I only got here recently, and I-I’d expect Eve’s a bit excited to explore...” A lock of her soft blonde hair had fallen from the loose ponytail, covering one eye.

Dakota Gilbert
(OOC: It's perfectly fine--I'm used to people jumping in! xDD)
PM   Email
^
Dakota Gilbert
 Posted: 12/5/17, 10:37 pm
Lisa
108 posts
Pokémon Trainer

Relief swept over her as a young blonde rushed up to her, her eyes locked onto the Eevee in Dakota's arms. "Eve!" the girl called out, and Dakota literally felt the Eevee in her arms relax. The Eevee let out a happy chirp as her trainer approached. "You're welcome, it was no problem, really." Dakota said with a warm smile, and happily handed the Eevee back to its trainer. The girl looked a little pale, and Dakota was concerned the girl might faint right here on the street corner. Perhaps she was just that worried about her Eevee? Or maybe she had some sort of health concern.

The girl explained that they were new to Eden and that her Eevee was most likely just excited to start exploring. An image of when Dakota first arrived flashed through her mind, but the memories were not fond ones, so she quickly shook the image from her mind. Primrose town was the first stop on every new arrival's journey, so Dakota wasn't surprised to hear this. "Well, on behalf of everyone here in Eden, welcome!" she exclaimed. The genuine politeness in her voice surprised herself. Dakota was typically not one to start conversations with strangers. In fact, it was surprising she hadn't darted off across the street before the walk sign changed.

She glanced at the signal and saw it had in fact, changed to Do Not Cross. Oh well, she thought to herself. Keeping the Eevee from running into the street was worth it. She turned back to the trainer. "If there's anything I can help you with, don't hesitate to ask. I was new here once, I know it can be a little scary." she offered. It had been a while since Dakota had last been in Primrose, but she was still familiar with the area.

Lainey Orin
PM   Email
^
Lainey Orin
 Posted: 12/6/17, 08:55 am
Lainey
7 posts
Pokémon Trainer

Eve was giving her trainer some rather mutinous looks for not being allowed to wander, but Lainey obviously wasn’t letting the Eevee go--after all, it hadn’t been uncommon for her to have to chase Eve all around Goldenrod City when she got too excited. It had been entertaining--for everyone except Lainey. Obviously, she wasn’t letting that happen here. A soft blush sprang to her pale cheeks, and she offered Dakota a friendly smile. At least now, she looked less worried--though she did keep glancing around, as if looking for someone.

As Dakota welcomed her, she returned her gaze to the other girl, and though she looked a bit anxious, her smile was grateful enough. ”Oh, thank you so much.” She said warmly, sounding a bit breathless. Still carefully grasping Eve, she gave her clothing a once-over, glad to see she hadn’t ripped or torn any of her clothing--this was her favorite outfit, after all. When Dakota offered her help, Lainey absolutely beamed. She was shy, but when people were kind to her she just opened up so quickly! ”Th-that’s so kind of you--thank you!” She said brightly, her cheeks a soft shade of pink.

”I-I’m just trying to find my older brother--I don’t know where he ran off to.” She admitted, rubbing the back of her neck with one hand--Eve made an attempt to escape again, but after a moment she seemed to give in. When Lainey put down her hand, she made gentle stroking motions over Eve’s ears--delicate enough not to make her angry, but soothing. It seemed to make the Pokemon rather happy, as her struggling calmed down more. ”I-I mean, he’s more of a trainer than me--he’s very ambitious, and strong. But I-I can’t do this alone!” She looked a little bit panicked, but mostly annoyed. She knew Oliver was around here somewhere--probably flirting with another trainer, or picking fights. It was something he’d do. She took a deep breath to calm herself down. ”I bet he’s fine... I just wish he’d stop running off without me..”

Dakota Gilbert
PM   Email
^
Dakota Gilbert
 Posted: 12/8/17, 06:46 pm
Lisa
108 posts
Pokémon Trainer

The trainer thanked Dakota again and again. Her voice was filled with uncertainty it seemed, which made Dakota smile sympathetically. "It was no problem, really!" she said again, scratching the back of her head awkwardly. The girl was blushing now. Dakota wasn't sure if the girl was just embarrassed, or there was another reason. Being extremely open-minded about just about everything, there were tons of possibilities. She kept her polite, calm demeanor for now.

"Hmm..." Dakota pondered, when the girl explained that she was looking for her brother. Dakota could offer to help, but she was on her way to check on a certain job order she had received. It wasn't the most important thing ever though, and she had been working a lot lately. Perhaps this was a good time to take a break. She smiled, and asked, "What does he look like? Maybe I could help you look for him?" She looked into the trainer's eyes. Despite having only just met this girl, Dakota expected some resistance and excuses for why Dakota shouldn't help her. "I don't have anything else going on right now, anyway." Dakota added, hoping to meet her objections head on.

"My name is Dakota, by the way." she said lastly. Normally she would hold out a hand for a handshake, but she was worried the Eevee might try to break free from the girl's arms again. Perhaps they needed to move back away from the street, just in case. If the girl did decline her offer, that was okay too. She could finish up this job she was working on and get on with her day. Dakota remembered what it was like to be new in Eden though, and having someone willing to help would have made a difference for her. So, perhaps she could be that difference for this girl.

Lainey Orin
(OOC: I am so sorry for the wait! I had my wisdom teeth removed yesterday, so I was out all day and have been recovering today. Hope this is okay, let me know if I need to make any changes!)
PM   Email
^
Lainey Orin
 Posted: 12/12/17, 07:47 am
Lainey
7 posts
Pokémon Trainer

Lainey didn’t appear to notice Dakota’s slight awkwardness at her furious thankfulness--after all, Lainey was used to having to thank everyone she came in contact with. First of all, she was just a really thankful person--also, she had a tendency to make a lot of mistakes. So this wasn’t uncommon. Her blushing was mostly the embarrassment at having to have someone save her darling Pokemon--she didn’t even know what all had happened, just that obviously Eve had gotten into some trouble, and Dakota had helped her. And for that, well, she was terribly grateful--she didn’t have a clue what she’d do without Eve.

At Dakota’s offer, her automatic response was to decline--but then, it wasn’t like she knew the area very well. Without Dakota’s help, she might well get lost here. So she paused, looking slightly unsure, before gratefully nodding. ”He’s almost my height, with kinda cotton candy pink hair--oh, and blue eyes, like me.” She described, nodding to herself. There--that sounded about right. ”A-and he has a Cyndaquil--Lucien, I think? He was always out of the house, I keep forgetting his Pokemon’s name...” She sighed softly as she said this, but soon shrugged it off, her azure eyes glimmering with gratitude.

As Dakota introduced herself, Lainey looked a bit flustered--her face pinked, and she ducked her head. She should’ve introduced herself! Usually, she had better manners than this... ”M-my bad--I’m Lainey. Orin.” The introduction was slightly awkward, and a bit jumbled--but she beamed cheerfully at Dakota, hoping that her weirdness wouldn’t matter. She was trying her best, she really was!

Dakota Gilbert
(OOC: I didn't mind the wait--and I took a while to reply, too, so I suppose we're even! xD I've been a bit caught up with homework things these last few days)
PM   Email
^
Dakota Gilbert
 Posted: 12/18/17, 10:43 am
Lisa
108 posts
Pokémon Trainer

The girl, now identified as Lainey, did look a bit uncertain at Dakota's offer to help, but chose to accept it regardless. This made Dakota smile, something that she rarely did unless she was just being polite. Right now she was just genuinely happy being able to interact with someone new. The younger girl was clearly disheveled, and providing help would give Dakota an excuse to put off her task. It was really a win-win situation.

After Lainey introduced herself, they began to walk. Dakota wasn't exactly sure where they were headed, but she figured Lainey would take the lead. She'd follow and keep a close eye out for any cotton-candy-haired guys with blue eyes. She pulled off the first pokéball from her belt and tossed it into the air. After a bright flash of light, a large red and grey bird burst forth and spiraled through the air. Nabooru, her Talonflame, spread her wings and soared overhead. "Keep an eye out for any pink-colored hair, okay Boo?" Dakota asked, and received a soft coo in response.

As they walked, Dakota began to brainstorm ideas on where Lainey's brother might be. "Were you two headed somewhere in particular? What kinds of things would your brother want to see or do?" she asked, hoping to get a better idea of where they should look. Primrose was certainly not the biggest town in Eden but it did offer just about anything you could ask for. If he was really into sweets, maybe he got distracted by Cindy's Sweets Shop over on Cadbury Street. Who knows...

Lainey Orin
(OOC: Figured I'd let you lead the way!)
PM   Email
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Options    Reply   New Topic   New Poll   

RPG-D FF:Adventu PLEDGE -- a pokémon roleplay Pokemon: Forever Forgotten
Pokemon: Terrene Kaleidoscope