paradise • a pokémon adventure
cbox

welcome

Established in July 2014, Paradise is a pokémon role-play community that’s all about getting back to the basics. With a simplified training system, we focus more on writing than grinding for levels. Join us today and begin your adventure in the Eden region!

information

Getting Started Setting Information Trainer Classes Game Mechanics Field Guide Eden League Rules & FAQ

updates

May 18 – As you may have noticed, there have been some updates to the site's skin… most noticeably, forum area images! For a detailed account of what's changed (and to keep track of additional updates as they happen), check out the May Change-Log!

shortcuts

Training Log Wild Encounters Breeding Records Adoption Center Face Claims Player Directory Open Threads

Reply   New Topic   New Poll   

(!) Whale Hunting, SEEKING WAILMER LNE!
Jin Itsune
 Posted: 12/11/16, 06:40 am
Jin
101 posts
Pokémon Trainer

Hibiscus Beach
Seeking Wailmer Line

At Long last he had arrived in Hibiscus Town; this time as a much more experienced and confident trainer. In the month since he had departed from observing the gym leader’s strength; he had grown as well. He had several battles; winning some and losing others. His notable was the defeat of his two strongest Pokémon to that asshole in the wood’s Shiny Vulpix. He had learned a lot from that battle; such as the need for a sound strategy throughout the battle.

The Vulpix had disabled Shock Wave; confused Kirin and then poisoned Jin’s first Pokémon; who put up a good fight and almost took the Vulpix with her; only to fall to the poison in the last minutes of their bout. So Jin sent out Pinky; who despite a type disadvantage; should have took out the Vulpix in one hit, but the Vulpix stole his Sneasel’s life force and then knocked him out when Jin mistakenly ordered his Pokémon to go to sleep. Two embers later and he was fleeing back to Potpourri Harbor; no longer feeling as cocky as he did before.

Since that battle he had Pokémon Evolve; and had even captured a few more Pokémon. He had made his way through the Hawthorne Woods once more and had arrived here intent on collecting his first Pokémon badge. “I'm here to battle and beat the gym leader, but I’m just going to try and catch a Wailmer or Wailord first.” Jin said to the man behind the counter as he booked passage onto a ferry that would take him out into the middle of the ocean; where almost all of the wild water type Pokémon converged without fearing of encountering humans at every turn. The man nodded and three hours later Jin was in the middle of the Ocean staring at the horizon in the distance, while searching for movement in between it and himself.

Random Event

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/RtBzSTa.png[/IMG]
PM   
^
Random Event
 Posted: 12/11/16, 10:42 am
Staff
690 posts
Administrator

a wild mantine appeared!

bronze tier
female
water absorb

bubblebeam psybeam tackle water pulse supersonic

PM   Email
^
Wild Pokémon
 Posted: 12/23/16, 02:22 pm
NPC
3115 posts
NPC

Waves were smooth, the sun was high, and the day was just beginning for a roaming Mantine. She was out exploring, searching for entertainment with other wildlife or even the occasional swimmers in the ocean. Free spirited, she always left behind the schools of her kind to co-mingle with others. This Mantine enjoyed the adventurous life she has and wouldn't give it up for anything, not even for sticking to her schools.

Warnings and fear they tend to live with, avoiding those they deemed threatening. What fun was hiding away and keeping from the surface? SHe loved to fly and swim everywhere and she wasn't going to let her last school tell her otherwise. Bursting out from the top, she glided just like she wanted and floated onward, spotting a boat and people on board. She squirted bubbles as she cleared over it and dove down into the depths before popping back to greet the humans on it. She's seen this boat before so she had no fear approaching it as she blew more bubbles around it, giggling and flapping her wing like fins in the water.

Tag Jin Itsune - give good old Rae Ito a tag back :D
PM   Email
^
Jin Itsune
 Posted: 12/24/16, 11:44 am
Jin
101 posts
Pokémon Trainer

There was movement to the left of them and Jin saw a Mantine emerged from the surface and sent a bunch of bubbles at the boat. Jin scoffed as he swatted them away from him; before glaring at the captain of the vessel. “I thought you told me I’d find a Wailord?!” He yelled to the man, irritated he hadn’t found the Pokémon he was looking for. ‘I’ll just have to knock him out and continue looking for a Wailord.’ Jin thought as he called out Kirin.

He would see if the Shinx could handle battling a water type on its home field here and now then. “Kirin, use charge!” He ordered, intending to have his Shinx gather as much power as possible and then let it out in a burst of sure to hit electricity with Shock Wave. His Shinx began collecting electrical energy into its body and Jin grinned as sparks began to crackle around Kirin.

KIRIN WAS CALLED OUT!
KIRIN USED CHARGE!

Rae Ito

PM   
^
Wild Pokémon
 Posted: 12/28/16, 01:27 pm
NPC
3115 posts
NPC

There was a spark of kinetic energy that filled the air and the wild Manitine blinked from it. It was eerily similar to the Lanturn's she passed the other day, the water fish able to light the darkest depths of the ocean for her to explore. They never used their electrical abilities on her, but there were moments during her little expeditions they helped protected the Mantine from more territorial deep sea dwellers. The shocks they brought seem like they were super painful and that reminder had the Mantine conclude she had ran into a similar situation; her being the intruder to the trainer's pokemon boat.

All things fun were tossed out and the Mantine flipped the bubbly attitude into a serious one. She may have an outgoing and free spirited personality, but she knew a threat when she seen one. The weird land pokemon was near finishing it's charge and Manitine took the opportune moment to screech out a deafening Supersonic. Whatever plans it had originally might hopefully be placed on the back burner if confused and the Mantine could make a quick hit and run to avoid any pursuers.

Tag Jin Itsune
PM   Email
^
Jin Itsune
 Posted: 12/29/16, 06:29 pm
Jin
101 posts
Pokémon Trainer

The Mantine took no time in attacking while Kirin charged her power. She attacked with Supersonic; a sound based screech that caused Jin to become nausea and dizzy for a few seconds. The attack had also caused Kirin to become confused; which Jin was forced to remember was the desired effect. Kirin stumbled on the deck of the boat before regaining her composure and glaring at the Mantine.

Jin sighed; she would probably end up hurting herself in her confusion but there was only one way to find out. “Kirin use Shock Wave!” Jin ordered and Kirin seemed to falter for a second before letting out a jolt of fast moving electricity towards the Water Type Pokémon. Jin felt himself fill with pride. Not only was the attack more powerful than he had ever said, but Kirin had also managed to get the attack out in her confused state. With any luck that one attack would knock out the opposing Pokémon, but Jin doubted that would be the case. He would need an attack or two more for sure to take it out.

KIRIN IS CONFUSED!
KIRIN USED SHOCK WAVE!
Rae Ito

PM   
^
Wild Pokémon
 Posted: 1/6/17, 02:17 pm
NPC
3115 posts
NPC

Eyes kept on her foe and she narrowed her own glare back at Kirin. It was not as ferocious, but nonetheless, a Mantine glare wasn't one to be trifled with as well. Bubbly as she could act, she was a honed fighter, being so she was a wild pokemon surviving in the ocean. If she doesn't learn how to defend herself, how could she continue her adventures?

Another crackle of electric shocked the water/flying type, quite literally. The charge and the unavoidable special move had the poor Mantine painfully screeched in the electrifying attack. Out of the bright flash of hurt, she had trouble adjusting back to her original surroundings, winglike fins splashing chaotically for help. Ouch. That really hurt! And she was panting hard, her health at the single digits. That was no help or any fun!

She debated on whether she should continue her battle or flee, but a small part of her pride had her choose the first. This battle will determine her skills and ability to survive against all odds. If she were to have ran into those electrical water types, how will she know what to do around them? Mantine shook off the tingles and she blasted pulses of water at the Shinx. Maybe getting the cat pokemon a little wet and more disoriented will switch the tides.

Tag Jin Itsune - sorry for that long wait! next attack, if hit, she will be down for the count!~
PM   Email
^
Jin Itsune
 Posted: 1/9/17, 06:22 pm
Jin
101 posts
Pokémon Trainer

Jin smirked as he observed the obvious signs of pain coming from the wild Mantine. “One more time Kirin, Shock Wave!” Jin called to his partner and she nodded before obeying and attempted to send another jolt of electricity at the Mantine. Hopefully this would knock the Mantine out so Jin could go about his business and find a Wailmer or even better a Wailord. The Shinx hurt it'self in it's confusion and Jin sighed. He didn't have the time for this, he needed to end this now and go about his business.‘I’ve only got the boat for a few more hours; I’ll have to make them count!’ He thought to himself as he waited for the Mantine's counter attack.

Kirin Used Shock Wave!
Rae Ito

PM   
^
Wild Pokémon
 Posted: 1/16/17, 03:10 pm
NPC
3115 posts
NPC

The same move was ordered and the Mantine's heart dropped. How was she going to dodge a move with great accuracy?! She was lucky in her worries, the shinx manage to smack itself from the confusion and the sea creature visibly sighed in relief. That was too close for comfort. She had to end it now and return back to the depths for more fun. Her eyes glowed, her antenna looking appendages wavered a bit, and out of her mouth, she shot out a Psybeam at the cat. The water wasn't doing much at stalling the kitty so psychic moves might be the next best route for the Mantine to pack a punch.

Tag Jin Itsune - i'm really sorry about my absence again. i really am. I'm usually never this backed logged in replying. I blame my film classes sucking the muse and time outta me.
PM   Email
^
Wild Pokémon
 Posted: 6/9/17, 10:33 pm
NPC
3115 posts
NPC

Whether or not the Pysbeam hit, the wild Mantine took the perfect opportunity to give a run. She wasn't all for fleeing the scene, but that sparky cat had a dangerous move and she knew she had to choose and pick her battles.

A splash and downward into the ocean, she swam as fast as she could away from the boat and foes, back to her sea adventures and fun.

wild mantine fled!

PM   Email
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Options    Reply   New Topic   New Poll   

RPG-D  FF:Adventu PLEDGE -- a pokémon roleplay
Pokemon: Forever Forgotten Pokemon: Terrene