paradise • a pokémon adventure
cbox

welcome

Established in July 2014, Paradise is a pokémon role-play community that’s all about getting back to the basics. With a simplified training system, we focus more on writing than grinding for levels. Join us today and begin your adventure in the Eden region!

information

Getting Started Setting Information Trainer Classes Game Mechanics Field Guide Eden League Rules & FAQ

updates

July 5 – Paradise's anniversary falls on the 20th, but we're kicking off the festivities early and celebrating all month long with some cool rewards and a special event, the Summer Sun Celebration! Cheers to three years! <3

shortcuts

Training Log Wild Encounters Breeding Records Adoption Center Face Claims Player Directory Open Threads

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply   New Topic   

Lending a Hand, Aria rushes to help!
Aria Wolfe
 Posted: 4/18/17, 06:54 pm
Lisa
161 posts
Pokémon Trainer

Aria was making her way around Hinoki Village when she heard the news. She had just finished a little shopping at the market on the streets, and was headed back to her room at the Inn to pack up her new souvenirs. Just before she turned the corner in which the town pokémon center was, she heard some commotion and stopped. Across the street, a handful of trainers were running towards the pokémon center in a panic.

Her eyes widened as she took in the scene. Three guys and a girl were running with pokémon in their arms, and they were covered from the waist down in what looked like... mud? They had it smeared on their arms and faces, and even in their hair. "Please, hold on just a little longer!" she heard one of the trainers plead. They quickly scrambled into the pokémon center and Aria knew she needed to help somehow. She immediately crossed the street and ran inside.

Nurses were scattered about. The floor was slippery and covered in mud. A deep earthy smell filled the air and the lobby was crowded with trainers and pokémon. She quickly scanned the scene, a little in shock but also dying to know what had happened. She found a nurse that seemed the most calm and joined her by her side. "Hi, I'm Aria, I'm a nurse too, what happened here??" Aria asked, while also staying out of the way as the nurse massaged some liquid soap into a Furfrou's fur. The pokémon coughed and hacked and spit up some brown fluid. Aria frowned, this was bad. After a moment the nurse shot her a glance before motioning towards a stainless steel cart nearby. "Grab me the Aminophylline, will ya?" she said, her voice somewhat shaky. Aria turned toward the cart and grabbed the white-labeled glass vial with the blue top and handed it to her, without hesitation. The nurse grinned, as if that were a quick test and Aria clearly passed. "Thank you." she said, popping off the top, shoving a syringe needle into the rubber, and drawing up a small amount. She plunged the needle into the hind leg muscle of the Furfrou and injected. The poor Furfrou was too busy hacking to notice.

"We've had several days of rain here in the Ginkgo Mountains, and just north of here along the main road a mudslide occurred. It caught everyone off guard, trapping multiple trainers and their pokémon who were just trying to get to point B. We're short staffed here because we sent our best nurses up to the mudslide where they might be better help." the nurse explained, grabbing the bucket of water to her left and pulling out a sponge. She used the sponge to gently rinse the soap and mud from the Furfrou's eyes, ears, nose, and mouth. As the news of the mudslide sunk in, Aria scanned the room again. These poor trainers and pokémon! She couldn't even imagine.

And then she remembered. Vex was up in the mountain training! Her heart sank and she felt a sick feeling in her stomach. Before the nurse could say another word, Aria had darted into the back. She knew where the pharmacy was located in each pokémon center (aside from emergency clinics they mostly had the same floor plans). She found a drawer of syringes and nearby, a drawer of needles. She took a handful of each and shoved them into her supply bag. She grabbed several bottles of soap as well.

She was back out into the lobby and almost out the front door before the same nurse stopped her. "Hey! You!!" she yelled. Aria halted, and looked back. The nurse still had the grin on her face as she tossed a small glass vial at Aria, who caught it in her free hand. "It's 1mL per pound." she added. It was an unopened bottle of Aminophylline. Aria smiled and nodded, giving her a "you can count on me!" look before running out the door.

It seemed like an hour went by as Aria sprinted north along the main road. She knew it had only been minutes, but minutes were dire in an emergency like this. 'Ugh, I should have bought a bike!' she cursed at herself, recalling the obnoxious vendor earlier that would not take no for an answer. She was traveling by foot, and a bike would be one more thing she'd have to keep an eye on. At this particular moment though, it would have made all the difference. Especially since she was currently running at an incline, and her calves felt like they were on fire. While it felt like the time dragged on, her mind turned to Vex. She had to hurry, what if he was trapped in the mud too? What if one of his poor pokémon was choking on the mud? She HAD to hurry. Her legs seemed to move faster.

Before long, the ground beneath her began to soften and feel more and more damp. This must be where the mudslide fanned out and came to a rest. She pressed on, fighting the pain in her legs, and the soft dirt turned to heavy, thick mud. Her shoes were now sloshing as she stomped through it, her pace significantly slowed by the stickiness of the mud. "Uggghhhhh." she groaned, and just when she thought she might not be able to continue, she came up over the hilltop and the disaster laid out in front of her.

She was right, it was bad. She slowed to a walk as she approached and tried to see where she was needed most. She also scanned the area for any sign of Vex. She didn't see him yet, but she kept her eyes on her peripheral vision as she walked forward. There was a nurse with several trainers to the right, who looked like they had all been taken care of already and were resting. Straight ahead was the worse area, it looked like a field of thick mud that stretched out for a few miles about. She could spot a trainer here, pokémon there, scattered throughout the mud. It looked only about ankle deep, but there were several deep pits that people were stuck in up to their waists. She figured that was as good a place as any to get started.

She tossed all of her belongings to the side, aside from a rope and her pokéballs. She tossed three of them into the air, and out popped her Kaepora, Tyke, and Ninja. Rowlet could fly ahead and keep her on the right track in case the mud shifts or she gets stuck, Squirtle could start rinsing away the mud once she helped them get unstuck, and Charmander was very good at handing her supplies from her bag as needed. After a few quick instructions to her crew, she charged into the mud towards the nearest trainer and pokémon.

The mud was thick, cold, and smelly. She lifted her legs high as she walked, hoping to make longer strides, but the mud covered her ankles and seemed to hold on tight. She clenched her teeth and powered through it, not caring about her shoes anyway. Before she knew it, she was closing in on a male trainer and what looked like his Poochyena. "I'm here to help! Are you or your pokémon injured?" Aria asked as she approached, locking eyes with the trainer who looked as if an angel had just descended upon them. With a deep sigh, the trainer shook his head. "We don't appear to have any injuries, no." he answered. "Good. I'm going to toss this rope at you, see if you can catch it, okay?" Aria instructed calmly. The trainer nodded, and with a swift movement she swung the end of the rope directly in front of him. He was able to lean forward and just barely reach it, grasping the rope in a tight fist. "Ninja, go ahead and give these guys a bath." she ordered, knowing her trusty Squirtle was right behind her. He obeyed, spouting out a steady flow of water onto the mud around them. She gave a gentle but steady pull on the rope, knowing the fastest way through thick mud is to dilute it.

With only a small amount of struggling, the trainer and his Poochyena were able to climb out of the mud pit and onto the higher part of the walkway where Aria was. "Are you okay?" she asked once they were free. The trainer nodded, thanking her graciously for her help. Aria had Ninja give both of them another quick rinse before Aria looked on for others to help.

Nearby, one of the paramedics who was already on the scene seemed to be a little overwhelmed with several stuck pokémon and a trainer. He had already helped the trainer and two pokémon out of the mud pit, but three more pokémon were still stuck and seemed to be panicking. "Try to stay calm!" the trainer was hollering, sounding anything but calm himself. Aria figured this paramedic could use a hand, so she trudged over as quickly as she could.

"Hey, need an extra hand?" she said, approaching. The paramedic gave her a glance but was close to reaching one of the pokémon he was focused on. "I'm Aria, I'm a nurse. I brought some supplies. Want me to start over here?" she asked, motioning towards the pokémon that were already rescued from the mud. The baby Elekid seemed pretty roughed up and the Taillow's wings were heavily weighed down with mud. Before he could even answer her, she went to it and began treating the Elekid while Ninja rinsed off the Taillow.

Minwoo Yoon
(This is SO long, I apologize!! Please do not feel you need to write nearly this much! I was just setting the scene and trying to give you a lot of backstory, and got really into it. ^.^ Hopefully this is a good start, and if I need to make any changes please let me know and I will!)

(Edit: I made some tiny edits to include Vex, he and I talked about it and he's still going to be traveling with Aria when she gets here. He was up in the mountain training somewhere when the mudslide happened.^.^)
PM   Email
^
Minwoo Yoon
 Posted: 4/22/17, 09:49 am
Jae
7 posts
Pokémon Trainer

The smell of wet, freshly churned earth hit Minwoo the moment he leapt out of the all-terrain ambulance. Underfoot, the asphalt was slick with mud, a tiny hint of what was to come. There were people everywhere, mostly muddied and shell-shocked hikers. A few of them were injured, but to his relief they seemed to be the minority; the rest were shaken but otherwise unhurt.

But as he trekked up the walkway, the full extent of the devastation came into view. Easily he spotted the massive scar in the earth, near the crestline where the mudslide started. Below that, a huge swathe of brown that covered most of the hillside. There were more people and Pokemon trapped in the mud, trying to free themselves but in vain.

Minwoo, his colleague and their EMT Pokémon were not the first to arrive at the scene. Already, a group of firemen had rigged up a set of ropes at the worst-hit area and were already slowly descending the unstable slope to reach those trapped in the mud. There were other rescuers as well – Pokemon rangers, nurses from the Hinoki Village Pokemon Centre, and hikers fortunate enough to avoid the mudslide – doing their best with whatever they had to help. A simple triage and treatment area had been set up, but the two nurses there were obviously swamped.

"I'll attend to the more severe casualties," Minwoo's colleague offered. Unlike Minwoo, he was not trained in rescue operations.

"Sounds good. Sarang, help out with the casualties as well," Minwoo told his Togetic. "I'll get those who are stuck in the mud and send them your way." Sarang chirped in acknowledgement and flew over to assist the nurses, while the paramedic trudged towards a teenager at the edge of a mud pit. Shrugging off the coiled up rope on his shoulder, he pulled out the free end and tossed it towards the youth, who gratefully grabbed it. Widening his stance, Minwoo pulled against the rope. It was a rather slow process, but bit by bit he managed to reel the teenager in, and the latter finally stumbled onto the firm ground. "Are you alright? Are you hurt anywhere?" Minwoo asked. Visually he gave the teenager a once-over; he seemed fine at first glance, but they'd have to do a more thorough check.

"My Pokémon! They're still stuck!" The teenager cried. "Please help me rescue them!"

"Don't worry, we will," Minwoo assured him. There were five of them, scattered all around where the teenager had been. An Elekid was relatively close by, and a Tailow just slightly further out. Both of them were visibly more distressed than the rest, so he prioritised them over the other three. Cautiously he approached them, careful not to get himself trapped in the thick mud too. Bending down, he dug into the mud and scooped his arms under the Elekid, taking the chance to also feel around for any injuries like fractures. At this, the Elekid flinched visibly and cried out. That was not a good sign. Retrieving a Poké Ball from his pocket, he released his Solosis.

"Maru, clear the mud around the Elekid with Telekinesis," he commanded. Pre-empting any bad behaviour from her, he quickly added, "I'll give you more Poké Puffs tonight."

"Solosis~!" The promise of Poké Puffs was too much for Maru to resist, and she got to work without any complaints at all. Pink tendrils of psychic energy materialised around the Elekid. Digging into the mud, he scooped his arms under the electric Pokémon as Maru 'pushed' away the mud with her psychic powers. Once the Elekid was freed, he lifted him clear from the mud. "Maru, bring him to Sarang." Happily the Solosis complied, and she proceeded to telekinetically carry the Elekid to the triage area.

That settled, he moved on to the Taillow. The bird Pokémon was unhurt, though her feathers were heavily caked in mud. Carefully he lifted her free and handed her to her trainer.

The next Pokémon was an Aron. Moving a little further into the mud, Minwoo treaded carefully as he approached the Aron. The tiny steel-type's stubby limbs were trapped under the mud, and his mouth was too small to have a firm grip on the rope either. To complicate matters, Aron were known to be very heavy for their size: an average one was almost the same weight as the slightly-built paramedic.

Just as he was trying to think of the best method to rescue the Aron, there was an unexpected interruption: a dark-haired lady was approaching him from behind. Before he could ask her to step back onto the walkway for her own safety, she introduced herself as a nurse. "I brought some supplies. Want me to start over here?"

"Er… yes, please," he replied, but it seemed that his reply wasn't necessary because she was already going ahead with her plan. As a fellow healthcare worker she knew exactly what she needed to do anyway. "Thanks!" he called after her belatedly as she attended to the Pokémon that he had rescued.

He returned his attention to the problem at hand. Further out into the mud, the ground was even softer and more unstable, and there were bits of debris as well. Unreeling a short section of rope, he reached out to the Aron and wrapped the rope around his body, tying the rope into a makeshift harness. "I've got you now, little guy," he said gently to try and calm down the Pokémon. "I need to you kick your legs outwards and inwards, outwards and inwards," he instructed, speaking slowly and clearly. Though shell-shocked, the Aron was able to comply, and started waggling his legs. The motion helped to free him somewhat from the mud, and Minwoo started to pull the Pokémon to safety. Almost immediately one of his feet started sinking. Sweet heavens, this Aron was much, much heavier than he had thought. "Maru!" he half-turned and yelled, hoping that the Solosis would come to aid him. When there was no reply, he called again. "Maru!"

Still no reply. Craning his neck, he scanned the area behind him. Nope, no green blob in sight. That flighty little thing had probably wandered off by herself. Cursing under his breath, he passed the rope to the anxious trainer behind him. "We'll have to pull this rope together. We'll pull at the same time: one, two, pull. One, two pull. Got that?"

The trainer nodded vigourously as he grabbed onto the rope. Minwoo wasn't sure how much strength the teenager had, but any help was better than none at all.

((OOC: Apologies for the long wait >< Ended up with a monster post as well because I wanted to fit in how Minwoo arrived at the scene. Let me know if it's alright given the tiny change of plans we have?))

[Aria Wolfe]
PM   
^
Aria Wolfe
 Posted: 4/23/17, 08:58 am
Lisa
161 posts
Pokémon Trainer

((OOC: No apologies necessary! And I love it!! So excited to see how this all plays out!))

A slight smile spread on Aria's face when the paramedic hollered a thank you at her. This was her duty, of course she would be helping in whatever way she could! She was also impressed with her little Ninja, she hadn't had him for very long and he was a somewhat immature little Squirtle, but here he was gently rinsing the mud out of the Taillow's feathers with his water gun. She would reward him handsomely after this, and she was sure he would love to here how he was a hero today.

It seemed the Elekid and Taillow were being taken care of. She took a minute to scan the scene again. Vex, where are you? Please be okay... she thought to herself. No sign of him was probably better than seeing him trapped here, but she would feel a lot better knowing he wasn't hurt. She thought she might try to call him on her pokégear but remembered it was in her bag at the top of the hill where she left it. If he were trapped in some mud somewhere he wouldn't be able to answer it anyway, so she gave up on that idea. Her gaze stopped back at the paramedic who was having trouble with the Aron. He and the pokémon's trainer were pulling with the rope, heaving and ho-ing. She stepped back over to them, wiping her muddy hands on her shorts in case she could offer a hand.

"Anything I can do? Would my Squirtle's water gun help or would it harm the Aron?" she asked, knowing water attacks were typically super effective against rock types but she hoped it would help dilute the mud and make it easier for them. "Or I can start on the remaining two?" she offered, also not wanting to get in their way if they had it handled. From what she could tell, the disaster was almost under control already with how many medical professionals were out and about.

She wiped a little bit of sweat from her forehead, unknowingly spreading a small streak of mud across it. It was hot. The sun was still high in the sky, peeking out from the dark clouds here and there and when it did, she could feel it. Not to mention there was a thick, stickiness in the air from all the dirt and debris. After these pokémon were taken care of, if there were no other immediate threats perhaps she could hand out fresh water to all of the employees, trainers, and pokémon.

Minwoo Yoon and Vexel Mitore
((OOC: Do I tag you both? haha))
PM   Email
^
Vexel Mitore
 Posted: 4/23/17, 10:04 pm
Sev
266 posts
Pokémon Trainer

Vex had gone out into the mountains after breakfast to train in preparation for challenging the Hinoki gym. He had not put in an official challenge yet, but that was why he'd headed this way after meeting up with Aria. She hadn't seemed to mind letting him decide where they were heading, though he'd been sure to tell her they'd travel anywhere she wanted to go as well. He wasn't interested in just dragging her along on his adventures. He was going to make sure she could do things she wanted to as well. And if there was ever an occasion where she wanted to head somewhere and he couldn't join her, they could always agree to meet up again at some point in the future if she was still interested in traveling with him. And if she wasn't, well, he'd always sort of expected that they'd part ways eventually. "Alright, try that again." He was working with Inik today, working on some strategies and the Rockruff could use if Vex chose to use him in his next gym battle (and why wouldn't he? Rock pokemon had a type advantage over fire pokemon). Right now they were focusing on improving the pup's Rock Slide attack since Inik tended to end up with rocks flying willy nilly and not actually hitting his target. It was slow going but he could see improvement with every repetition of their training.

Only this time something seemed to have gone wrong. Inik's attack when off smoothly, the rocks tumbling into a pile at the base of the small incline they were using as a training ground. But there was still a strange rumble and cracking in the air the grew louder and louder with every passing second, the ground rumbled underfoot and something felt very, very wrong. "I don't like that. Inik return. Ixen, let's get out of here." The Charizard allowed Vex to climb onto his back and took to the air. And Vex could immediately see what had happened. Rushing down the hillside was a raging sea of mud, debris and water. In moments, the little hill he'd been training on was covered by the mud. If he'd hesitated much longer he and Inik would have been buried. The thought made him dizzy. He'd come that close to being buried alive and had escaped unharmed. From the air, he could see others who hadn't been as lucky. Hikers, trainers and pokemon alike had been caught up in the rush of mud and were now trapped.

"Get us down there. We're going to help." Ixen angled downward, heading toward a nearby trainer struggling to get free of the mud. They were close enough to the edge of the slide that Ixen could land and Vex could reach the trainer without getting too deep into the mud and getting stuck himself. With help from Ixen, he manged to pull the trainer free. Since the trainer didn't have any pokemon with him, Vex sent him toward the road where emergency crews were going to be gathering in short order. Vex could already hear the sirens. "Ixen, you look from the air, see if you can spot anyone else trapped, help anyone you can but don't put yourself in danger to do it." The last thing he needed was for the Charizard to get stuck in the mud and need rescuing as well. They encountered few others up this high, anyone caught up in the mud had likely been washed down to the road by the slide.

Still, by the time Vex reached the 'base camp' of emergency personnel and rescuers hard at work, he was covered in mud (enough that he was sure anyone would have to look twice to recognize him) and even Ixen was mud coated. He was also bleeding from injuries he'd sustained while helping others and a couple from slipping in the mud and tumbling a short ways downhill. He was tired and sore but if he could still help, he was going to. Ixen was still doing aerial surveillance, plucking smaller pokemon and trainers from the mud when he could or indicating someone who needed help when he couldn't. Vex had figured out a way to utilize the skills of some of his other pokemon to help. Leilani could freeze the mud, making it safer to walk on or for someone to crawl onto. It seemed to work fairly well but the snowy Vulpix was not pleased with the mud getting into her coat. Still, she kept helping as much as Vex asked her to. She'd deserve a treat and a lot of pampering once this was all over.

Vex recalled his pokemon when they reached the area where the most action was taking place. They both deserved a rest after all the help they'd given. But there was still work to be done and Vex wasn't ready to leave things as they were. He wanted to help where he could so he'd lend a hand here and there, soothing a shocked trainer or helping an injured hiker away from the mud and toward a group of nurses. He hadn't even considered that Aria might be worried about him, much less that she was up there in the middle of the rescue efforts. In fact, as he passed by a group trying to rescue an Aron on his way to the medical tent with a trainer who'd injured his leg, he released his Braixen and Goodra. "help pull the Aron out guys. I'll be right back." He told them and Suturi and Drissi both grabbed a part of the rope and helped tug, following the orders of the one who seemed to be in charge until their trainer could return.

Minwoo Yoon | Aria Wolfe
(I think it'd be fine if we just tagged whoever is next in the posting order. So I'd tag Jae, Jae would tag you and you would tag me. That way we're not all getting double the alerts from this thread, lol

Also, I left it open ended on whether or not they rescue the Aron. Also for Aria to recognize or not recognize Vex's pokemon (or his voice). I figure he'll actually join the group in my next post assuming he doesn't get hunted down prior to that. ;D)
PM   
^
Aria Wolfe
 Posted: 4/27/17, 11:57 pm
Lisa
161 posts
Pokémon Trainer

Vexel Mitore (I'm gonna go ahead and fill in Aria's reaction to finding him safe on the mountain, to help fill in the gaps of our other thread. Prepare yourself, she's going to freak out a little bit because she has mixed feelings she doesn't understand at the moment XD)

Aria was at a standstill. Things seemed to be calming down and suddenly even more pokémon appeared to help with the poor stuck Aron. Someone had hurried by and sent out their pokémon to help. She scanned the area in front of her again, not really sure what to do. And then something stirred in her brain suddenly. Wait, that voice sounded familiar, she thought, suddenly realizing the person that scurried by had said something. She spun around, not seeing anyone right away but caught sight of a muddy figure headed away from them. Was that...?

She should have been focused on helping get the rest of the pokémon out from the mud, but the paramedic, trainer, and two pokémon pulling on the rope was surely enough. She swiftly marched across the field, her feet still thick and weighed down with mud which slowed her pace drastically. She was actually getting a little frustrated. She grew close enough to the person to examine their clothes and body size, and it definitely looked familiar. It couldn't be Vex, could it? She didn't care if she was rude and this trainer was a stranger. When she caught up and was within reach, she stretched her arm out and grabbed their shoulder, trying to turn them around to see.

The figure stopped and turned towards her, probably very confused, and Aria's grip lessened. She tried to make out his (she thought?) facial features through the smears of mud. "Vex?? Is that you?" she asked. Her heard began to pound harder than it already had been. When their eyes locked, she knew it was him.

A huge wave of emotion came flooding over her. She was excited, she was relieved, she was overwhelmed. She threw her arms around his neck and hugged him tightly, not caring in the slightest about the mud. "Oh my goodness, Vex!! I was worried sick about you!!" she cried, suddenly feeling the tears welling up in her eyes and glad her face was muddy enough that he probably couldn't tell. She held onto him tightly, not wanting to let go. "When I couldn't find you and couldn't call you on my pokégear, I thought for SURE you were in trouble somewhere. Are you okay?? Are you hurt at all? I'll grab my bag!" she rushed to say in one panicked breath. She let go of him and landed back down on her feet. She was so relieved he was safe. She wiped the tears from her face hoping he wouldn't notice and just think it was the mud. Everything was okay, she could calm down now.
PM   Email
^
Minwoo Yoon
 Posted: 4/28/17, 12:19 pm
Jae
7 posts
Pokémon Trainer

"It's alright, we can manage here," Minwoo replied to the nurse. "You can start on the rest, but don't attempt a rescue unless you're very confident," he added. In this urgent situation, the last thing anyone needed would be to have one more person trapped in the mud pool.

Thankfully, more help was arriving in the form of a man covered in mud who called forth two of his Pokémon – a Goodra and a Braixen – to lend a hand in pulling the Aron out of the mud. "Thank you, Sir" Minwoo said, before he realised that the man was bleeding. But just as he was about to call out to any of the other medical staff to attend to the man, the nurse was already on it. In fact, it seemed that the nurse recognised the man.

Seeing that the man was now in safe hands, he addressed the two Pokémon who were already grabbing the rope. "We'll pull on my count: one, two, pull; one, two, pull," he said, repeating his instructions for their benefit. With that, he readjusted his stance. "Ready? One, two, pull! One, two, pull!" Though he was tugging with all his might, the Aron did not budge at all; this must be one of those steel-types whose metallic bodies were much denser than usual. But their efforts began to pay off: with literally so many pairs of helping hands, the Aron began to slide forward slightly as he was slowly but surely pulled out of the mud pool. Eventually, the iron armour Pokémon's short legs found purchase on the firmer terrain, and he climbed back to safety.

"Good job, everyone," he said to all the people and Pokémon who had lent a hand as he untied the makeshift rope harness around the Aron. Three down, two more to go. Taking a moment to catch his breath the rescue paramedic took stock of the situation. The rescue operation was more or less coming to an end, and most of the trapped people and Pokémon were already being attended to by the medical staff. Blinking the sweat out of his eyes and brushing back his damp hair with his forearm – his hands were too muddy for that – he cautiously made his way towards the last two pokémon.

"Solosis~!"

Hearing the familiar voice, Minwoo turned, and sure enough it was Maru, his fickle Solosis. She had wandered off after sending the Elekid to the triage area, but at least she had the decency to come back. "Don't you dare vanish like that again, you got that?!" His tone was harsh, maybe a little too harsh: in an emergency such as this one, there was no time for niceties. Still, he belatedly regretted being so hard on the Solosis.

His attitude softened further when Maru did her best impression of an apologetic puppy-eyed look. How could he possibly get angry at his Solosis? "Just don't do that again, all right?" he said, giving up the fight. "Come on, we've got more Pokémon to save."

"Solosis~~" Maru squeaked her response happily, glad that her trainer had calmed down, and together they got back to the task at hand. Thanks to Maru's psychic powers, the last two Pokémon were easily rescued as Maru telekinetically lifted them out of the mud and returned them to the waiting arms of their trainer. And with that, they were more or less done here. There were only a couple of people and Pokémon here who were still being treated; the rest had already been sent back to Hinoki Village.

As his adrenaline rush started to fade, Minwoo found himself craving for a cigarette again. Just a while more… he told himself as he trudged back to the triage area to check if there was anything that he could help with.

((OOC: Apologies for the delayed response >< At this point in time I'm not sure who I should tag, so I'm just gonna tag everyone.))

[Aria Wolfe, Vexel Mitore]
PM   
^
Vexel Mitore
 Posted: 5/5/17, 07:31 pm
Sev
266 posts
Pokémon Trainer

Vex had handed the injured trainer he was helping off to some medical staff and was debating seeing if there was anything else he could do before he got treatment for himself when someone grabbed his shoulder. He turned, ready to tell off whoever it was that had grabbed him, only to stop when his "assailant' spoke his name. A dozen thoughts ran through his mind at once as he met her gaze. He could see the worry in her eyes clear as day and knew she likely saw flickers of confusion in his own. She was supposed to be in town where it was safe. He hadn't been worried about her because she hadn't been in the mountains. But seeing her there, covered in mud and definitely not where she was safe, he felt a sudden surge of mixed emotions. As she threw her arms around him for a hug, he awkwardly patted her back, not sure what to make of her reaction or his own feelings for that matter. "What are you doing up here?" It was, perhaps, not as gentle a response as he could have given her, but he was still muddling through why he was so concerned for her safety to consider what he was saying.

When she finally let go of him, he managed a half-smile for her. "Yes I'm fine. Or at least not nearly as badly hurt as others. I can survive long enough to get back to town on my own." Not that he really figured she'd let him go anywhere when he knew full well she'd see blood mixed with the mud on his face and hands. He'd be sore in the morning and would likely end up with doctor's orders to keep and eye out for symptoms of a concussion thanks to where he'd hit his head (hence the blood). A bit belatedly, he recalled she mentioned something about trying to reach him on the pokegear. "I'm sorry if I worried you by not answering the pokegear. I wasn't really paying much attention to it after the mudslide hit." Not to mention his bag was just as mud covered and battered as he was. He'd have to check on everything in it to make sure nothing was damaged.

Back at the mudslide, Drissi and Suturi nodded as the paramedic gave his instructions and took up positions at the end of the rope to help pull. Once the Aron was safely on solid ground, they stuck nearby in case they were needed for anything more. Once the other pokemon were safely returned, they tailed after the paramedic since he was heading in the same direction Vex had gone. Drissi spotted Vex first and changed direction to join him but Suturi moved to catch up to the paramedic and tugged on his sleeve, pointing toward her trainer and Aria with her free paw. She released the paramedic's sleeve and took a few steps in that direction, motioning for him to follow if he wanted to.

Minwoo Yoon | Aria Wolfe
(Apologies if this sort of skipped around a bit. I assumed Vex and Aria were near the triage area because that's where Vex was heading originally and I kinda figure Aria will make him sit down and get checked over anyway so it made sense for them to be there. If anyone wants to mention it, most of his injuries are superficial scrapes and bruises; the worst he's got is a cut on his forehead requiring a couple stitches. =))
PM   
^
Aria Wolfe
 Posted: 5/5/17, 10:31 pm
Lisa
161 posts
Pokémon Trainer

Her heart rate finally seemed to be slowing down, now that she knew he was safe. He was really here, right in front of her! Everything was fine.

She realized as she looked him over that he was a little beat up, and some blood was smeared on his forehead. She had looked around frantically for her bag which she realized was still on the other side of the mud field. They were right near the triage area anyway, so Aria grabbed his sleeve and pulled him towards the nearest paramedic. As they walked, she figured she should answer his question.

"I came up here as soon as I heard what happened. I knew I could help but I was also worried sick that you were trapped up here somewhere! I couldn't just stay in town and... well... I'd go crazy." she tried to explain but didn't really know how to. She dragged him over to one of the medical stations and grabbed some gauze squares and cleansing solution. She motioned for him to take a seat in one of the chairs set out in a row, next to other people who had already been treated. She didn't really ask, she just sort of placed him there and began cleaning the mud and dirt off his head.

She realized she was being very forceful, very stern like a parent, and she hated it. Her expression softened and she managed to smile. "I'm sorry, Vex. You're an adult, you can take care of yourself. I just..." she attempted, but continued to clean his cuts and scrapes anyway. She couldn't help it, she was in the zone. Her body and mind were in critical care mode, she was doing what she did best, and instinct just takes over sometimes. She didn't even finish her sentence, she wasn't really sure what she was even saying anyway. She was confused about it and didn't feel like trying to make sense of it right now. There were more important things at hand.

Aria heard some commotion from back at the mudslide, and when she glanced back at them it looked like they were able to get the Aron out of the mud. The paramedic she had spoken to briefly seemed to be headed their way. As he approached, Aria finished cleaning the mud off of Vex's face and arms and assessing his wounds. He was pretty scraped up, but his head looked okay. "You have a pretty good gash here, so I'm going to place a temporary bandage pad over it for now just to keep it clean while we're up here. You can take it off when you get back to town. And also... you're going to need these for sure." Aria explained, and handed him a small bottle of migraine-relief tablets. She was pretty confident his head would be pounding once all the adrenaline and excitement of today wore off.

She was just finishing taping the bandage to his forehead when the other paramedic joined them. Aria gave the paramedic a smile. "Great job with that Aron! You guys really made a good team back there!" she complimented them both. Hopefully things were calming down now. Sure, the hard work was done, all the trainers and pokémon were being treated or had already been sent home. However, the work wasn't even close to being finished yet. Now came the clean up. Any equipment used would need to be cleaned, med carts restocked, and the ambulances would need cleaned out...

Fatigue was beginning to set in but she stood strong, there was still work to be done.

Minwoo Yoon | Vexel Mitore
(Hope this is okay, I just ran with it and wanted to end it with the three of us together. Let me know if I need to make any edits or if you guys have other ideas. ^.^)
PM   Email
^
Minwoo Yoon
 Posted: 5/11/17, 09:08 am
Jae
7 posts
Pokémon Trainer

((OOC: Apologies for the loooong delay. It's been an unlucky but rather hilarious week. I think I need to be exorcised or something.))

Approaching the triage area, Minwoo could see that there were only a handful of patients left. He recognised one of them: the kind trainer whose Goodra and Braixen had helped to pull the Aron to safety. The nurse, Aria, was attending to him, working quickly but carefully as she cleaned the cuts and scrapes that he got.

Earlier the paramedic had noticed that Aria and the trainer seemed pretty close, based on how worked up she had been when she recognised the latter. It had been apparent at that point in time to Minwoo even though he had been preoccupied with saving the Aron, and now it was even clearer. The worried look on her face was familiar, a little too familiar. He had seen it before, and it reminded him of someone. Against his will, all the memories came flooding back, and his throat tightened as his suppressed emotions welled up.. Those were sweet and beautiful memories, but at the same time they reminded him too acutely of what had happened to that special someone. Closing his eyes and balling his fists, he fought to keep his emotions under control.

A light tug on his sleeve broke his train of thought. He opened his eyes and turned, and saw the Braixen pointing at her trainer with her paw. Still a little too choked up to speak yet, he hastily nodded his acknowledgement and blinked away the first traces of the hot tears in his eyes. Taking a deep breath to regain his composure, he started after the fox Pokémon towards the triage area.

Aria was already taping down the last bandage on the man's forehead by the time he arrived. Minwoo shrugged at her compliment, feeling that he didn't really deserve it. "I couldn't have done it alone," he said matter-of-factly. "The credit goes to everyone who helped out," he said, nodding his thanks to the Goodra, the Braixen, and finally their trainer.

"I hope you're feeling better," he continued, addressing the trainer now. "I didn't catch your name earlier. You are…?"

((OOC: I'm excluding Minwoo's colleague and Sarang from this post for now, so Minwoo can excuse himself to look for them in any subsequent posts if need be.))

PM   
^
Vexel Mitore
 Posted: 5/27/17, 03:15 pm
Sev
266 posts
Pokémon Trainer

Vex almost resisted as Aria grabbed his arm to take him to the triage area. There was still more to be done, he needed to go back to collect Drissi and Suturi and he knew that if he stopped now he'd truly begin to feel the full effects of his injuries and wouldn't be able to go back and help. He did hesitate a moment but eventually allowed Aria to lead him toward the paramedics. One or two looked toward him and he waved them off, indicating Aria silently. They seemed to take this to mean that she was a medic as well and let it be. He didn't respond to Aria's words, he understood wanting to help but she really could have helped in town without needing to run up to the site of the mudslide. But she'd been worried. About him. She'd been afraid for him and had come up there in the hopes of finding him alive and well.

It took him a moment to realize she'd herded him into a chair and was gathering supplies to work on his injuries. He didn't protest, he just let it happen. His adrenaline rush was already beginning to fade and tiredness was creeping in to replace it. And along with that came the pain he'd been able to ignore up til that point, he knew the headache beginning to form was going to be bad and groaned a bit. He frowned when she apologized and made a dismissive noise. "It's fine." His answer sounded short tempered even to him but given everything that was going on he hoped she could forgive him. Given the state he was in when they'd first met she'd likely assume being in pain made him grumpy. He'd apologize later. Maybe he'd see if he could find somewhere that sold tiramisu to make up for his current attitude.

Instead of responding verbally as she spoke again, he merely nodded and accepted the bottle, which he immediately opened and, grabbing a fresh bottle of water someone held out to him, took a couple of the tablets. That done he leaned back in the chair a bit, trying to find a comfortable position to rest until the tablets took effect. He silently patted the gooey paw that was placed on his arm a few minutes later and, without even opening his eyes, he recalled Drissi into her pokeball. He cracked one eye open to see where Suturi was and sat up when he realized the paramedic from before was following her toward them. He returned the nod given to him, even as he recalled Suturi so that she wouldn't be in anyone's way. The Braixen wouldn't cause trouble but the triage area was just a bit too crowded to allow his pokemon to roam freely. She'd get a good rest at the pokemon center and he'd treat her to her favorite food. Same with all his other pokemon who'd helped with the mudslide that day. When he was addressed directly, he groaned and tried to resume his semi-comfortable sprawl. "I feel like I've been hit by a truck, actually." He commented, aiming for a somewhat light tone but probably just sounding as tired and sore as he felt so he gave up. "I'm Vex." He didn't give his last name. He didn't know if this guy was from a region where his name would be recognizable but he didn't really feel like he had the energy for dealing with it so he opted for the safer route of not giving too much away.

Aria Wolfe Minwoo Yoon
PM   
^
Aria Wolfe
 Posted: 5/29/17, 02:04 pm
Lisa
161 posts
Pokémon Trainer

This was only just a little bit confusing. Aria couldn't tell if Vex was truly irritated with her, just being unusually sarcastic, or trying to be funny. It seemed like he was trying to make light of the situation, which she hoped was the case. He was always good at making her laugh or smile despite whatever was happening around them. Maybe he was just exhausted, but there was a hint of irritation in his tone. She'd overlook it for now. Everyone on this mountain was dealing with the disaster in their own way.

Her concentration was interrupted when the paramedic from earlier joined them. She gave him a smile and listened as Vex introduced himself, realizing she had actually never heard this guy's name. "I think I told you earlier that my name is Aria. Didn't get your name though?" she said, politely. She made a quick note of his facial features and hair, even though everyone here was dirty and muddy, so that once he gave his name she'd have an easier time remembering him.

After a big, long sigh, Aria plopped down in the dirt and sat down. The exhaustion was hitting her hard as well. She realized her muscles were a little shaky and she wasn't sure how long she had been out here, or when the last time she ate was. She zoned out for just a moment, trying to organize the chaos of thoughts running around in her mind. Some of her pokémon were still out and about, and she should probably work on getting them back to their pokéballs.

She looked up at both the guys. "So! What next? I need to recall some of my team, do you guys want to come with? Meet back up in a bit? Is there anywhere else we need to be helping?" she asked, almost hesitating with that last part because she was tired. However, if people still needed her help, she'd do it. From the looks of things though, the aftermath of the mudslide seemed to be under control.

Minwoo Yoon & Vexel Mitore (OOC: Hope this is okay! Minwoo, lead the way! ^.^)
PM   Email
^
Minwoo Yoon
 Posted: 6/7/17, 11:31 am
Jae
7 posts
Pokémon Trainer

((OOC: My deepest, sincerest apologies for the extremely long wait >< Kinda rushed this out during whatever pockets of time I had... I hope this is coherent enough.))

While the trainer's words suggested that he might be trying to make light of the situation, the way he said it was a clear indication that he really wasn't feeling well. "We'll attend to you again once we reach Hinoki Village, of course" he replied, not quite sure if he could take the trainer's response as a good sign.

"I'm Minwoo," he said to both Vex and Aria. "I'm sorry I didn't introduce myself earlier," he added, addressing the nurse; he had been in the middle of the rescue operation when they first met, and Minwoo didn't have the bandwidth or the time to do so then.

He glanced around: most of the other rescuers and medical staff were pretty much done with their work here. His colleague was already in the midst of packing up. Sarang, with her work done, was heading over towards Minwoo. Maru stayed behind with the other paramedic, knowing that she would be needed to help move the medical stores back to the ambulance. "My colleague and I have some stores and equipment to clean and pack up," he replied to Aria's question. "We can manage though. Besides, I think it's better if someone stays here with Vex."

Pointing at the all-terrain ambulance parked by the roadside, he continued. "If you don't mind waiting for a bit, we can give you a lift back to Hinoki Village. We'll meet at the all-terrain ambulance in five minutes?" Right after he said those words, he thought otherwise and revised his proposal. "No, make it ten minutes?" That would give him more than enough time to wash the rescue equipment, and besides he really, really needed a cigarette now.

The approaching Sarang shook her head as she heard Minwoo's words. Having worked together for so long, she knew exactly what her trainer was thinking. She didn't approve of his plan, of course, but she knew it would be hard to convince her.

She'd worry about that later.

Chirping her greeting to Aria and Vex, she approached the latter and instinctively gave him a quick once over, mentally noting down his injuries and already thinking about the treatment to be administered later when they reached Hinoki Village.

"Come on, Sarang," Minwoo called as he gathered the equipment that needed to be cleaned and packed. "Aria, Vex, we'll be waiting at the ambulance," he reminded, and with that he and Sarang left the triage area for the ambulance.

With the help of Sarang and her Water Pulse, Minwoo finished rinsing the ropes that were used, and packed them neatly into the ambulance. His colleague had arrived as well, and together they stowed all the stores before washing off the mud on themselves.

With some time to spare, his colleague excused himself for a quick toilet break, leaving Minwoo and his Pokémon at the ambulance. The mint-haired paramedic recalled Maru the Solosis back to her Pokéball, and checked his surroundings to see if there was anyone in the vicinity.

"Togetic!" Sarang voiced her disapproval immediately. She could close one eye if Minwoo had knocked off, but not when he was still on duty and wearing his uniform.

"Come on, Sarang," Minwoo sighed. The exasperation in his voice was clear; it had been a long day, and he desperately needed a cigarette to calm himself down. "I know this isn't right, but I really, really need a stick now."

Sarang shook her head still, but Minwoo was adamant. "Just one stick, alright?" He said, already retrieving his lighter and his pack of cigarettes from his bag. Knowing that this was a fight she couldn't win, the Togetic shook her head as she moved to the other side of the ambulance. She didn't like the smell of cigarette smoke.

With practiced ease, the paramedic gave the box a light jerk, and a single cigarette slid up slightly. Pulling it free with his lips, he cupped one hand around the end of the cigarette to shield it as he lit the cigarette. He took a long drag, and almost immediately a wave of relief swept over him. Ah… that felt so good.

PM   
^
Aria Wolfe
 Posted: 6/7/17, 10:06 pm
Lisa
161 posts
Pokémon Trainer

Aria gave a tired but warm smile and a thank you to Minwoo when he offered them a ride back to town. It would be best for Vex, especially if his head injury was more severe than it looked externally, to get back to town quickly and safely. She would insist that he see a doctor tonight, unless he was determined not to, just to make sure he didn't have a concussion. Maybe she was overreacting, she was a little stressed at the moment. Her attention snapped back to reality when Minwoo said goodbye, and she waved as he turned to leave.

She took in a deep breath, held it for a few seconds, and let it out slowly. That always made her feel a little bit calmer, and her heart rate seemed to decrease slowly. Her gaze fell back down to Vex who was still sitting in front of her. A warm feeling came over her when their eyes met, so she quickly looked away at the ground. She cleared her throat, smirked, and kicked the dirt with her foot. "I'm going to find Ninja and get cleaned up a little bit while we wait. Stay here..." she said, but stopped herself from walking away. "I mean... I'm sorry! I didn't mean to boss you around, I... just be careful." she corrected herself, giving him a gentle smile before walking away.

Last she had seen, Ninja was still helping rinse off other pokémon down the road where most of the travelers had gathered. As she approached, she could see him at the front of a long line. Poor guy had been working overtime, he was still there! The line of trainers and pokémon were waiting their turn to be rinsed off by his water gun. "Ninja! Come here, buddy!" she called out, and watched him perk up when he heard his name. He gave a quick nod to the people in line and took off towards Aria, who laughed at the wave of disappointment on everyone's faces. He ran towards her, and she scooped him up into her arms, giving him a tight hug. "You're a hero today, you know that right?" she spoke softly into his ear. "Squirtle!" he responded, with his blue tail wagging. She decided not to ask him for a rinse, especially not in front of all those people that were eyeing them currently.

It took her a good five minutes or so to round up all of her team and return them to her pokéballs. She was walking back towards the ambulance when she noticed something a little odd. Wasn't that Minwoo's pokémon? The white, flying, egg-printed pokémon was hovering by the ambulance all by herself. Aria frowned, and changed her course to investigate. Was Minwoo okay? Not even his paramedic partner was anywhere to be found. She circled around the ambulance and found Minwoo leaning against it and smoking a cigarette.

Aria froze. First of all, she hadn't been around someone who smokes in a very long time, and she almost couldn't remember how she usually reacts to this sort of thing. Second, wasn't he on the job technically? Sure, the chaos was over and things were wrapping up, but wasn't he still on the clock? Third, smoking is horrible for you! He should know better, especially as a paramedic! Sure, the job is beyond stressful and she knew many professionals turned to smoking or drinking to 'calm their nerves,' but she never understood how it was worth the health issues down the line.

He hadn't seen her yet, so she could have easily slipped away and kept minding her own business, and he never would have known she had seen him. But she couldn't, not today. Maybe she could, on a normal day when she wasn't exhausted and just wanted to go home and crash. Maybe she could, if she wasn't emotionally drained from seeing people and pokémon drowning and choking on mud all day. Maybe she could, if she had eaten at least something today and the lack of food in her stomach wasn't making her weak and irritable.

"I don't mean to interrupt, but... well, yes I do. How can you be smoking right now??" Aria blurted out, only a little embarrassed by her behavior. She thought she saw shock and embarrassment on his face and she almost stopped, but she couldn't help herself. "Not only is smoking absolutely horrible for you and WILL kill you, this is most certainly not the time! A lot of people and pokémon almost died today, some did! You have a job to do, you're a paramedic, you help people! Sure, things are just about wrapped up, but that's my point. You couldn't wait the extra fifteen minutes it'll take us to drive back to town?" she continued without even having to stop and catch her breath.

She then caught her breath, and some guilt began to sink in as she realized the harsh words she had just said to an almost complete stranger. This was none of her business, what did she care what this guy did with his life and his health? That was just it, though. Aria was a nurse. Sure, a pokémon nurse, but she cared about all living things equally. If her outrage made him reconsider his habit even just for a second, it was worth it. She probably could have gone just a little easier on him though... maybe.

"I... I'm... " she stuttered, attempting to start an apology but couldn't. She was just so tired. She just wanted to go home and crawl in bed and crash. She, and Vex, were waiting on this guy to finish his stupid cigarette so he could drive them back to town. Maybe she didn't want to apologize, not yet. Instead, she took another deep breath and let it out slowly, calming herself down and waiting for him to respond to her rude behavior. However he responded, even if he responded harshly, she knew she deserved it. So, she accepted responsibility for her actions and braced herself for whatever was in store for her next.

Minwoo Yoon & Vexel Mitore
(Haha it feels good to finally act out that scene!! ^.^)
PM   Email
^
Vexel Mitore
 Posted: 6/23/17, 12:44 pm
Sev
266 posts
Pokémon Trainer

Vex was content to stay silent and let Aria and the paramedic talk for a bit. When he was addressed directly, he gave a shrug. He was fine. Well, mostly fine. He hadn't been exaggerating when he'd said he felt like he'd been hit by a truck. His whole body felt sore and his head was pounding despite the migraine meds he'd taken. He was probably worse off than he wanted to admit to himself. But the Paramedic could interpret the shrug however he wanted to. Either Aria or Minwoo would insist he see a doctor whether he wanted to or not (he could mentally admit that he probably should do that, just to be on the safe side) so there was really no reason to fuss over it now. He was bandaged up as best he was going to be until they could get into town. And there was no way any of the paramedics were going to let him walk back on his own. They'd be even less inclined to let him ride Ixen back into town. He could hear the protests now. 'You have a head injury! What if you pass out and fall!?'

He was only partially listening as Minwoo spoke until he mentioned letting them catch a ride back to town on their ambulance. "Sounds good to me. I didn't really figure anyone here would let me walk back anyway." He managed to sound at least neutral and not as irritable as he had been, but he probably still sounded tired and there wasn't anything he could do about that. The paramedic turned to leave and Vex glanced at Aria as she took a breath, as if to calm herself. Their eyes met briefly and she looked away, but he continued to study her. There had been a moment of...something he couldn't quite place when they'd found each other earlier and again when their eyes met for that brief second. Perhaps it was the head injury talking but it didn't seem like it. He'd felt closer and closer to Aria the more time they spent together.

He mentally pushed the thoughts away as she spoke. He gave her a raised eyebrow look for her comment to stay put but softened his look as she continued. She was just looking out for him. Before he could say anything, however, she had turned to go and find her pokemon, leaving him to wait more or less by himself.

And he did stay put for a bit. But the chair he was sitting in was uncomfortable and he wondered if maybe they'd let him lie down in the ambulance until it was time to leave. So he made sure he had everything, double checked that his team was present and accounted for, and headed for the ambulance. As he approached, however, he heard raised voices...or a raised voice anyway. A familiar voice too. Aria was apparently chewing someone out over something. He came around the other side of the ambulance from Aria so he was facing her and Minwoo was in the middle of them. He wasn't sure what she had been yelling about but obviously Minwoo had been the object of her scolding so he glanced at the paramedic. The only thing he could see that might have upset Aria was that the paramedic was smoking while in uniform. Perhaps not the best time but Vex had never been one to be bothered by what others chose to do.

Aria spoke again, sounding as though she might apologize for yelling, but she didn't. Perhaps if he was feeling better and his head wasn't killing him, he might have opted for the wiser road of keeping his mouth shut but he didn't. "I think 'I'm sorry for yelling at you' were the words you might have been looking for there." He suggested, shifting a bit to lean against the vehicle himself.

Aria Wolfe Minwoo Yoon
(Now it's my turn to apologize for the delay. ^^;)
PM   
^
Minwoo Yoon
 Posted: 7/9/17, 07:58 am
Jae
7 posts
Pokémon Trainer

((OOC: I cannot apologise enough for this huuuuge delay >< I hope this post is good enough, and I hope that Japanese phrase there is correct. I should have paid more attention in class. ))

The sense of calm was rudely and totally shattered by a voice. Completely taken aback by the abrupt interruption and by Aria's anger, Minwoo almost dropped his cigarette. The nurse was angry, justifiable so. She was right: this was no time for him to be smoking. Heck, he shouldn't even be smoking to begin with. He could feel his face turning hot and red as he averted his gaze, unable to look her in the eye as she chastised him severely. Hastily he removed the cigarette from between his lips, trying to conceal it as much as possible with his hand. Not that it helped one bit: he had already been caught in the act, and a thin wisp of smoke was rising from the lit end of the cigarette, making him feel even more conscious about it. He thought of dumping it on the ground and snuffing it out underfoot, but that would probably earn him another earful from Aria.

But at the same time he could feel his own anger rising. Sure, he wasn't supposed to smoke while on the job, but he wasn't shirking his duties or anything. Besides, he was smoking while waiting for his colleague to pack up their stores.

Aria's outburst ended as abruptly as it started, as though she had ran out of steam. She opened her mouth again, but stuttered and couldn't go on. For reasons he could not understand, the sight of her looking so upset made his indignation evaporate. His expression softened, but he couldn't bring himself to apologise either. Instead he kept his silence, trying to figure out what to say in this terribly awkward and uncomfortable situation.

"I think 'I'm sorry for yelling at you' were the words you might have been looking for there."

The Pokémon trainer, Vex, had suddenly appeared. Hovering silently behind was Sarang, a grim expression on her angelic face. To Minwoo's surprise, Vex didn't call him out for smoking. Surely he noticed the wisp of smoke rising from behind his right hand. Whatever the case was, he was just glad that he didn't need to deal with two angry people.

The silence was becoming unbearably awkward for the paramedic. It did not help that Sarang was staring at him, silently urging him to do something. And if Aria wasn't going to say anything, then he would have to step up. "I… I'm sorry," he started, his voice a little shaky and uncertain. His gaze shifted to Vex and back to Aria, trying to read both their expressions. "You're right: I shouldn't be smoking, but… Even if…" His voice trailed off there, as he struggled to find the right words to justify himself before deciding that there was no point in doing so. She wouldn't understand why he needed a cigarette so badly anyway. "Yappari…" In his distress, Minwoo unconsciously lapsed into Japanese, but he caught himself and started all over again in English. "Look, I'm sorry. You're right. I shouldn't be smoking. And you don't have to apologise or anything." He was stumbling and rambling now as he found himself swiftly running out of things to say. He had never been good with words, even without the thorny situation he was in. So with that, he fell silent again, waiting for Aria's response.

PM   
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Options   Pages: (2) 1 2  Reply   New Topic   

RPG-D  FF:Adventu PLEDGE -- a pokémon roleplay
Pokemon: Forever Forgotten Pokemon: Terrene Kaleidoscope