paradise • a pokémon adventure
cbox

welcome

Established in July 2014, Paradise is a pokémon role-play community that’s all about getting back to the basics. With a simplified training system, we focus more on writing than grinding for levels. Join us today and begin your adventure in the Eden region!

information

Getting Started Setting Information Trainer Classes Game Mechanics Field Guide Eden League Rules & FAQ

updates

July 5 – Paradise's anniversary falls on the 20th, but we're kicking off the festivities early and celebrating all month long with some cool rewards and a special event, the Summer Sun Celebration! Cheers to three years! <3

shortcuts

Training Log Wild Encounters Breeding Records Adoption Center Face Claims Player Directory Open Threads

Reply   New Topic   New Poll   

Two Peas in a Pod, [Closed for Mirabelle Howe]
Aria Wolfe
 Posted: 8/10/17, 08:01 pm
Lisa
161 posts
Pokémon Trainer

It had been quite a long time since Aria set foot in Primrose Town. Almost a year, to be exact. Stepping foot onto the stone streets brought back memories of her first arriving in Eden. She was the definition of bright-eyed and bushy-tailed after arriving, just barely starting out her journey. She remembered how scared and excited she had felt at the time, unsure of what waiting for her here in this new region but also looking forward to finding out. Boy had she come a long way since then! She had quite the pokémon team now, a loving fiancé supporting her every day, and a brand new pokémon rehabilitation center. So, it was not at all a surprise that as she headed into town, the sign saying "Primrose Rescue" caught her attention.

Was there a rescue here when I first visited?? I don't remember... she thought to herself, trying to think that far back in her past. After a few moments of digging through her memories she decided it didn't really matter, because either way she wanted to check this place out now. Another rescue, how exciting!! She couldn't wait to check it out and meet the owner, perhaps they could join forces or refer patients to each other. If there was ever a big disaster, Arceus forbid, maybe they could work together. All of the possibilities filled Aria with excitement and hope. She had to check it out.

She followed the walkway up to a decently sized building on a large plot of land. There was a lot going on it seemed, as the closer she approached the more pokémon and people she saw moving about. Some other pokémon caught her attention but she stayed the course, headed up towards the building. "Hello?" she called out, hoping one of the less-busier volunteers might be able to point her in the direction of the owner. She didn't want to bother anyone that was busy helping the pokémon. She would love to have a quick chat with the owner however, if they weren't too busy.

Mirabelle Howe
(Hope this is okay! ^.^)
PM   Email
^
Mirabelle Howe
 Posted: 8/10/17, 08:29 pm
Cas
63 posts
Pokémon Trainer

It had been a busy morning at the rescue. Not only was Mira preparing for moving the main rescue to the farm but three Pokemon had been picked up by their new owners. It was always a bitter sweet day when Mira had to say goodbye, but it also meant they were in their forever homes. Of course Mira had been up even before the rescue had opened for the day. Bron had started out the day by perching on the roof and pecking her window until she woke up at just before 5:30. She'd gone around and gave everyone their breakfast before she'd even thought about her own. The grass stains on her jeans hinted at playing in the grass with some of the newborns and light yard work. For now she stood in the side yard, scratching the large Braviary on the head. Napping in the sunlight on the front porch was a healthy looking Houndoom. Running through the yard was a happy Bayleef, a Sunkern tucked in a pouch around his neck. Two Miltanks, one shiny, were walking around with trays of cookies for visitors and volunteers alike.

Upon hearing someone call out Mira turned around with a bright smile. "Hi there, welcome to the Primrose Rescue." She took a few steps forward and extended out a hand. Bron followed after her, letting out a squawk and opening his wings. As he did it was made perfectly clear that some of his feathers on both sides were missing. Mira playfully waved a hand at him, "It's ok, buddy." The Braviary looked between Aria and Mira a few times before lifting off the ground and landing in his nearby tree. His flying wasn't perfect but it worked and he perched high in the tree, watching them still.

"Sorry about him," she turned her attention back to Aria. "Anything I can help you with today?" Her smile was kind and genuine. Mira was truly a kind person, though perhaps too trusting. That's where Mephisto came in handy...at least when he wasn't napping. She'd made some questionable decisions in the past, like purchasing a Pokemon from a poacher. Mephisto had known something was off about the gentleman but Mira had been oblivious. Either way it had worked out for the better, Fara had been an invaluable asset. Mephisto yawned loudly from the porch, stretching his legs out before rolling over in his sleep. Some guard dog.

Aria Wolfe
PM   
^
Aria Wolfe
 Posted: 8/11/17, 12:58 pm
Lisa
161 posts
Pokémon Trainer

Her voice caught the attention of someone nearby, and almost immediately Aria was welcomed to the area. A large, red and black bird sat perched nearby, and her approach seemed to have startled it. Aria held up her hands, which were empty, in an attempt to show she meant no harm. It took only a few words from the nearby woman to calm him down, and he took off towards one of the trees. Once he had perched, the woman turned towards Aria and offered her a smile. She was quite tall, with long, beautiful red hair and blue eyes. She had clearly been hard at work today already, with messy jeans and wind-blown hair. Even so, she was quite attractive and Aria already sensed a warm welcoming from her.

"Oh, no worries! I didn't mean to startle him." Aria responded, lowing her hands and giggling. "Yes, my name is Aria and I'm visiting from Sycamore Springs. I saw there was a rescue here and was hoping to check it out! Is there a manager or owner around that might have a minute to chat with me?" she asked kindly, giving her surroundings another look over as she spoke. How exciting! There was so much going on, and Aria instantly hoped her place would look like this someday. She was still in the process of hiring and developing a team, so most of the house work she had to do herself. If her place looked like this in the next few months, she'd be ecstatic.

Mirabelle Howe
(I'm so sorry it's so short! Wasn't sure how to keep it going without waiting for her response...)
PM   Email
^
Mirabelle Howe
 Posted: 8/15/17, 01:24 pm
Cas
63 posts
Pokémon Trainer

Mira laughed lightly and shook her head, "Don't worry you didn't startle him, he's just being a baby." Bron shot his trainer a pointed look and began pecking away at some of the thick branches. "He's a little protective is all, we're close to his tree." She turned to look at him, using her hand to block the sun from her eyes. Bron shifted his wings, opening one to adjust his balance as he moved to another branch. Below him, Alkor and Benu came close to the tree and Bron let out another squawk, this time aimed at the grass types. Alkor gave him an unamused look and swung his leaf around. Bron gave a sigh and diverted his attention elsewhere. Mira turned back to Aria, "See Alkor's got him figured out, Bron's all bite."

"I'm the owner actually, my name is Mirabelle Howe." She smiled warmly. Before Mira had any time to say anything else, the two Miltanks came over with their trays of cookies. Malah, the pink one, had a tray of beautiful heart shaped cookies. Berry compote was drizzled over the tops of them and they looked absolutely delicious. Charsi, the blue one, on the other hand; well her tray didn't look nearly as nice. The cookies were shaped like misshapen balls with pieces of berries through out. They were sure to taste good but it was obvious baking was not her forte. "Oh please try the cookies, they're fresh. The girls made them only this morning, they might even still be warm." Mira ruffled the short hair on top of Charsi's head and gave the blue cow a big smile. "They're really looking better, Charsi."

"So, what can we do for you? Are you looking to adopt or just come to check us out," her laugh was soft and warm, like small silver bells ringing. Mephisto seemed to have woken up from his nap and was peering over at them from over the porch railing. As per usual he had a suspicious look on his face, but for now the canine remained where he was.

Aria Wolfe
PM   
^
Aria Wolfe
 Posted: 8/15/17, 02:10 pm
Lisa
161 posts
Pokémon Trainer

She was listening so intently to Mira's explanation and watching the large bird across the way, that she didn't even see the approaching Miltank. Aria had just offered a hand to shake and introduced herself when the cow-like pokémon appeared. "Oh! My apologies! Nice to meet you Mirabelle, my name is Aria." she said, before glancing down at either side of her. To her left stood a pink and black pokémon with cute floppy ears and a long tail. She held out a tray of delicious-looking cookies with berry syrup drizzled over them. Aria gave her a grin, and as Mirabelle spoke to another pokémon, Aria's eyes followed.

To her right was the same pokémon, only instead of pink it was blue! What a strange look! This pokémon also held up a tray of cookies, only these were a little rough-looking. They were slightly misshapen, and rather than being drizzled with syrup they had berries mixed in with the batter. Regardless, they still looked delicious, and Mirabelle's comment seemed to suggest they were much improved from previous instances. Aria couldn't take her eyes off the blue cow, she was such a cool color! She immediately turned towards the blue pokémon and grinned. "Oh goodness, you are just adorable! I love this blue color!" she said, leaning over to reach for a cookie.

Aria heard the woman ask her a question, but it took longer than usual to process due to her distraction. She took a bite of the cookie and instantly had to compliment her. "Mmmm, these are delicious! Thank you!" she said, almost completely ignoring the other Miltank but not meaning to. She reached over the tray and gave the blue Miltank a scratch behind the ears. The question she had been asked echoed again in her mind and she quickly responded. "Adopt- I mean, excuse me!" she stuttered, before turning back towards the woman and forcing herself to focus on their conversation. "Sorry! I've just never seen a Miltank of that color before. Actually, I was just checking the place out. I recently opened up a rescue out in Sycamore Springs, and wanted to introduce myself since we're somewhat working towards the same goal. Maybe we can help each other out!" she explained, enthusiastically.

Reaching into her bag, Aria pulled out a small business card with her name and phone number on it. After handing it to Mirabelle, she continued. "Do you mind if I ask you a few questions? Maybe take a tour? I'd love to hear about how this all started and what made you want to open a rescue." she asked. Now that she had answered the woman consciously and without stuttering, Aria couldn't help but look back down at the blue cow. Its thin tail was casually wagging back and forth, and those ears were just begging for more scratches. Aria took another bite of the cookie, smiled, and waited for Mirabelle's response.

Mirabelle Howe
PM   Email
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Options    Reply   New Topic   New Poll   

RPG-D  FF:Adventu PLEDGE -- a pokémon roleplay
Pokemon: Forever Forgotten Pokemon: Terrene Kaleidoscope