paradise • a pokémon adventure
cbox

welcome

Established in July 2014, Paradise is a pokémon role-play community that’s all about getting back to the basics. With a simplified training system, we focus more on writing than grinding for levels. Join us today and begin your adventure in the Eden region!

information

Getting Started Setting Information Trainer Classes Game Mechanics Field Guide Eden League Rules & FAQ

updates

October 15 – It's that time again, folks! The annual Harvest Festival has begun in Wisteria Town, and everyone is getting into the Halloween spirit. Characters participating in the event are eligible for some sweet treats, so be sure to get in on the celebrations~!

shortcuts

Training Log Wild Encounters Breeding Records Adoption Center Face Claims Player Directory Open Threads

Reply   New Topic   New Poll   

(!) A Breath of Fresh Air
Nox Korrik
 Posted: 8/28/17, 11:03 am
Sev
253 posts
Pokémon Ranger

Nox spent a good deal of time out and about nowadays. As a ranger, he could freely roam Eden without worrying about whether or not he'd still have a job when he returned home. Though he was primarily assigned to the ranger station that worked in the Amaranth Forest and Asphodel Meadows areas, he could travel and help out at any ranger station wherever he happened to be. Usually that meant picking up small tasks that the primary force couldn't, or didn't want to, handle.

But right now he was doing his usual patrols and the meadow was, as usual, his assigned route for the day. Being so open, they weren't exactly a prime spot for poachers and were generally an easy patrol. He did spring and disable a few traps, marked their locations on his pokegear to send back to the ranger station, and moved on. He observed some of the local pokemon, learning their habits and checking to ensure nothing was amiss. Everything was quiet and Nox half wished someone would jump out of the bushes and challenge him to a battle just to have something to do.

And, almost as if his thought was the cue it had been waiting for, something did happen. A sound made him pause and listen over the wind and the rustling of the grasses to hear what it was. Most likely it was just a wild pokemon challenging some other wild pokemon for food or territory. It could also be a pokemon or person in distress and until he was certain he couldn't just leave.

Random Event
PM   
^
Random Event
 Posted: 8/28/17, 09:06 pm
Staff
743 posts
Administrator

a wild larvitar appeared!

bronze tier
female
guts

bite leer sandstorm payback

PM   Email
^
Wild Pokémon
 Posted: 9/9/17, 11:19 pm
NPC
3342 posts
NPC

This was by far the worst day ever. Why must everything go wrong? Couldn't just one thing go right for her today? First, she woke up freezing cold and wet in the underground tunnel she'd been sleeping in. The rain from the previous night had caused the tunnel to flood and the soil to grow moist. Because of that, her usual morning breakfast was soggy dirt. Second, she had to find a new tunnel to live in for now and most of them were flooded. All day she's been out here in the sunlight where she doesn't like to be, trying to find shade and cool, dark places to hide. Third, she was stuck in this stupid human-made contraption.

The last thing she could remember was crawling around a large boulder near a tree. Before she knew it, she was trapped under some sort of metal cage bars that were far too heavy for her to lift. Under normal circumstances, she could dig into the ground and tunnel out of it. However, since it rained the night before, anytime she dug into the ground the hole either crumbled or filled with mud. What a mess! And now she was throwing a tantrum. She let out a cry of despair, frustrated by how poorly her day was going so far.

She collapsed on her rear end and leaned against the cage walls. The metal bars were cold against her back. What was going to happen to her now? Would the human know the trap had been sprung and come to retrieve her? Or would she have to wait hours, maybe even days, before they came back? She began to panic, wondering what would happen to her after she was retrieved. Some humans were nice and wanted to help, and others were evil and selfish and hurt pokémon for money. Chances were, the human coming back for her was one of the evil ones. Why else would they have set this trap here? Larvitar let out another cry, helpless and worried.

Nox Korrik
(Tag Aria Wolfe ^.^)
PM   Email
^
Nox Korrik
 Posted: 9/17/17, 08:43 am
Sev
253 posts
Pokémon Ranger

The cry echoed again and Nox followed the sound to a large boulder. At first he didn't see anything but as he circled the rock, he came across a metal cage. Sitting within the cold metal bars was a Larvitar, looking hopeless and sad. It wouldn't take much to free the pokemon, but it might attack if he got too close too quickly. Hoping to appear non threatening, he stopped a short distance away. "Don't be afraid. I want to help you. Can I come closer?" He questioned, hoping the Larvitar wouldn't think he was the poacher who'd set the trap and would let him help.

Aria Wolfe
Figured I should get a couple posts out of this lol. This can be a really quick thread. :)
PM   
^
Wild Pokémon
 Posted: 9/17/17, 09:39 am
NPC
3342 posts
NPC

She let out another cry before a sound behind her caught her attention. Rustling of grass or dirt, maybe. Ugh, with this dumb boulder here she couldn't see a thing! And she was trapped! Whatever it was, it was going to see her here, vulnerable. She held her breath and grit her teeth, attempting to be as silent as possible. Perhaps the thing was just passing by, and wouldn't see her behind the boulder. Maybe the boulder would be her saving grace.

Hell. It was a human, it had seen her, and it was approaching. Her worst fear had come true. The evil human who had put this trap here had come back to retrieve her. That was quite fast, actually. The human must have been hiding nearby, watching. Oh what a day! What was going to happen to her now? She tried to back away from the front of the cage even further but the bars wouldn't let her. She was doomed.

The human spoke. His voice was the opposite of what she expected, it was soft and gentle. Why would he sound concerned about her? He wants to help her? After he spoke, she leaned forward off the back side of the cage to get a better look at him. He looked a little scary, lots of dark colors, tall... but he didn't sound scary. He also wasn't approaching, yet. It was as if he was waiting for her approval. Why would the human who trapped her here wait for her approval? Perhaps he was just passing by after all.

She grunted, and scoot to the front of the cage. Giving him the best sad eyes she could, she whimpered. Oh, please... please, if you can help me get out of here, I'd be forever in your debt! I'll do anything! she began to beg. She wasn't sure she'd do anything, but she had to say something to get him to help her. If he did, once she was out of the cage she could run, burrow back down into the ground where she came from. Her home wasn't far from here.

Nox Korrik
(No worries! Of course, glad Nox can get some posts! It doesn't have to be quick if you don't want it to be. Maybe Nox walks away but Larvitar keeps following him and bothering him? Or, if you want it to be short, Larvitar can bolt the second he frees her. Whatever you want!)
PM   Email
^
Nox Korrik
 Posted: 9/19/17, 07:50 am
Sev
253 posts
Pokémon Ranger

Nox waited patiently as the Larvitar took a moment to study him. The poor thing had looked absolutely terrified when he'd come around the boulder so he really couldn't blame her for taking a moment to decide if he looked trustworthy. When she crawled forward and began speaking, he could only guess at what she was saying. She seemed to be begging and not angry so he could safely guess that she was asking for his help. "Okay, hang on. I've got to find the release mechanism." He told her, not sure how much she'd understand. To help keep the Larvitar calm, he called on his own Larvitar.

Cilik yawned and blinked in the bright sunlight after the cozy darkness of his pokeball. Upon seeing a fellow Larvitar in a trap, he took a few steps forward and gave the female a small smile. 'Looks like you're in a bit of a mess. Dont worry though. Nox will have you out of there as soon as he can. And he'll get this thing out of here so no one else gets caught in it.' He assured her, keeping up a stream of chatter to keep her attention mostly on him and not what Nox was doing in case she got spooked.

Aria Wolfe
Like I said, I'm mostly just getting some posts out of this so it can go quickly or not. Your choice lol. I just know Nox isn't interested in capturing the Larvitar so unless she's really persistent about going with him he'll let her go :)

Whee finished, lol. Feel free to assume Nox finds the release and opens the cage if you'd like :)
PM   
^
Wild Pokémon
 Posted: 9/20/17, 12:23 pm
NPC
3342 posts
NPC

A wave of relief flooded over her. Maybe her day wasn't ruined after all. The human answered her plea, and called upon one of his own pokémon for assistance. To her surprise, the pokémon he chose was a breed of her own, another Larvitar. Her eyes widened and sparkled. Oh! Hello! Boy am I glad to see you both! she blurted out, and the short pleated tail on her rear end began to wag a little bit. Thank you so much!

She backed up a step from the front of the cage in case the human needed room. Her eyes followed his every move, watching him closely just out of instinct. The man knelt down to the metal box and began to fidget with this and that. Little clinks and clanks echoed inside, and within a few minutes the lid released and popped open. Before the human and other Larvitar could move, she burst out the top of the box and leaped through the air. Her petite little feet hit the ground about two feet from the box, between the man and his pokémon.

She bolted. She ran as fast as her little feet would take her. She had to, she was free! If she didn't get the hell out of here now something else might happen. It had been a bad enough day already, she was going to hurry home and hide in her tunnel until this day was over. As she ran, she felt a rough tug on her heart that forced her to stop despite how badly she wanted to get away. Her feet came to a halt and she turned. She really hadn't made it very far anyway. With a frown, she took a few steps back towards the human and his pokémon.

Sorry, my instincts kicked in and I just wanted to run home. I need to thank you both, very much, for freeing me. Who knows what would have happened if you hadn't come along... she apologized and then thanked them. She stared at the ground, a little nervous, and kicked the dirt with her toes. Now what? She had said her thanks, can she go now? She was polite. What else was there?

Nox Korrik
(Hey so uhh... what if... would you be up for a trade? I'm sure one of my characters would love a cute little female Larvitar. ^.^ If Nox is willing to, I'll trade/breed something in exchange! I like her, I think she's cute! lol...)
PM   Email
^
Nox Korrik
 Posted: 9/22/17, 06:43 am
Sev
253 posts
Pokémon Ranger

Cilik nodded and returned his fellow Larvitar's smile with his own. "You don't need to thank us. This is what we do...or what he does, anyway. He's a ranger, they help pokemon in need and protect them from humans who would hurt them." In fact, Cilik was pretty sure that was how some of Nox's pokemon had ended up with him in the first place.

It didn't take much time at all for Nox to find the release for the trigger that had trapped the Larvitar within the cage. And as soon as the lid opened, the wild pokrmon leaped free and took off. Nox watched her go for a second before returning his attention back to the trap. He still had to properly disable and remove it and mark the location on his pokegear. If the wild pokemon wanted to return to the wild she was more than welcome to do so. He wouldn't battle her in order to catch her after she'd just been freed from a trap. Plus he already had Cilik and didn't have much interest in obtaining a second Larvitar. One was quite enough, thank you. Of course, he'd once said that about Absol as well but he never could bring himself to part with Nacht after raising the youngster practically from an egg.

Cilik was a bit more disappointed than Nox was. He'd wanted to speak with his fellow pokemon more. It had been quite some time since he'd interacted with another of his kind. But he supposed pokemon raised in the wild were wary of humans, especially when things like this happened. He was about to turn back and see what Nox was up to when the other Larvitar slowed and turned back to them. Nox looked up as she spoke but, unable to understand, he let Cilik do the talking and went back to dismantling the trap so he could carry it back to the ranger station. "It's okay. You can go." He told her, giving her a nod. If she wanted to leave she could. Nox was clearly not interested in keeping her there for anything so Cilik wasn't going to tell her she had to stick around.

"Unless....is there anything else we can do? If you're hurt Nox can give you some medicine to hep you heal faster. Or some food if you're hungry. He's got some berries and things he always keeps with him to feed to any of the pokemon he helps or any of his pokemon that help him. I'm sure he'd share with you too." She didn't look injured or hungry, not like some others Cilik had seen Nox help before. Some he'd taken to the pokemon center and then returned, others he'd been unable to help but had placed them with an adoption agency partnered with the rangers to find them good trainers who'd care for them. This Larvitar didn't seem to need any further help but it made sense to offer anyway.

Aria Wolfe

Heh, if you want her then sure, Nox will take her in and then you can have her, lol. Who are you thinking she'll go to because that will determine how we do the trade...which will be more like a gift because there's nothing in particular that I'm interested in getting right now, lol. Gonna focus on getting more of my pokemon raise from Bronze to Silver before getting too many more. ._.
PM   
^
Wild Pokémon
 Posted: 9/22/17, 04:05 pm
NPC
3342 posts
NPC

Neither the human nor his pokémon seemed too upset by her rude reaction. That made her feel a little better. The fellow Larvitar explained that his trainer was a ranger, someone who helped keep wild pokémon safe and healthy. She had to admit, she hadn't heard of a ranger, but it sounded like something she ought to know. There were good humans out there after all. She took note of the color of his clothes, remembering to not be afraid if she sees that particular outfit again.

The fellow Larvitar also offered more help if it was needed, including food or medicine. Well, she had been looking for food when the trap was sprung on her. And her stomach did begin to growl at the mention of berries. But they had already been so much help, she didn't want to keep taking advantage of them. Or, maybe she should? The ground would be soggy anywhere she went after last nights rain. What if she doesn't find a decent meal for the rest of the night? She should take advantage of this opportunity, right?

Rather than just politely accepting the offer, she did what she does best. Ohhh, she groaned, and the short stubby legs underneath her began to tremble. She wiped her forehead with her little paw and swayed unsteadily. Actually, I do feel... pretty weak... she began, and almost fell forward before catching her footing again. I did struggle a lot when the trap first fell on me. And I haven't had much to eat today at all, it's been just the worst day... Hopefully they would offer her food, rather than her having to ask for it. She groaned again as her stomach growled so loudly that both of them had to have heard it.

Nox Korrik
(I do want her, lol. I like her now that she has a personality! She's cute! And I think I'd like her for Dakota, since she likes dark types/moves. However you want to do it is fine with me, and if/when you want me to breed ya something you know I will~)
PM   Email
^
Nox Korrik
 Posted: 9/25/17, 01:39 pm
Sev
253 posts
Pokémon Ranger

Cilik had not really expected much in the way of a reply from his fellow Larvitar. She had seemed quite eager to get away so he thought she might refuse his offer and leave. But she didn't. She stayed where she was, trembling and swaying. He blinked at her, uncertain if it was just an act or if her hunger and exhaustion were finally catching up to her. Either way, he wasn't sure why she didn't just ask for some food or something. He had offered after all. But whatever, clearly she was hungry and in need of some care. He stepped forward the help steady her some (just in case she really was that weak). "Don't worry. We'll get you something to eat. Come with me." He said, guiding her back toward Nox who had finally dismantled the trap and was packing it away to turn in as evidence later.

Nox glanced at the pair of Larvitar as they approached and immediately set aside the remains of the trap when he saw how weak the wild one was looking. "What do you need?" Nox questioned, more to Cilik than the wild Larvitar. Cilik opened his mouth and pointed at it. "That I can do. Let's see....I bet I've got some Sitrus berries in here." He commented, more to himself than to the pokemon as he pulled his bag closer and pulled out a sealed container of berries. There were several different varieties but he pulled out a couple of Sitrus berries first and held them out to the wild Larvitar. "Here, eat these. They'll help you feel better and then you can pick out some others to eat okay?" He told her, wondering if she'd be interested in Cilik's pokemon food or if she'd just prefer to eat some berries and then go about her day. Either way, he wasn't offering her anything else until she'd eaten the Sitrus berries first.

Aria Wolfe
PM   
^
Wild Pokémon
 Posted: 9/26/17, 09:31 pm
NPC
3342 posts
NPC

Just as she had hoped, the human and his pokémon fell for her act. The fellow Larvitar joined her by her side and helped support her as they walked back towards the trainer. Her first instinct was to push the stranger away when he touched her, but she grit her teeth and allowed it. She really was hungry. And he was only trying to help. He led her over to the trainer who proceeded to search through his bag. To her surprise, he had completely taken apart the trap.

She allowed her expression to brighten at the mention of food. She let out a "weak" cry of excitement when the trainer held out some yellow berries. She instantly dove forward, forgetting all about her pretend weak state, and scooped the berries up into her arms. Her mouth opened wide as she buried her face in the berries. A wonderful mixture of flavors spilled into her mouth and over her tongue. It was longer than normal before she finally came up for air, the yellow berry juices dripping down the sides of her jaw.

These are delicious, thank you so much! I feel better already! she exclaimed, realizing she had forgotten to keep up her weak appearance. She licked her little paws clean and offered the trainer a wide, pointy-teeth grin. To be honest, she really did feel better already. The berries filled her stomach and immediately satisfied the hunger she had been feeling. Perhaps she had been hungrier than she thought.

Her eyes darted back and forth from the trainer to his Larvitar and back. What now? Goodness she was impatient. Why did she have to be doing something constantly? Couldn't she just take a breath and relax? In an attempt to, she took in a deep breath and let out a sigh of relief. I think it's really cool that your trainer saves pokémon for a living, she said, turning to the Larvitar finally. Part of her wanted to ask more about his job and how he found himself here, but the other part wondered what the point was if she was going to disappear into the meadow and never see them again. Instead, she waited to see what the two were going to do now.

Nox Korrik
PM   Email
^
Nox Korrik
 Posted: 9/29/17, 10:22 am
Sev
253 posts
Pokémon Ranger

Both Nox and Cilik watched as the wild Larvitar dove forward and devoured the berries. Cilik frowned, giving a little snort of disapproval. "If you were hungry all you had to do was ask. We'd have just given you the berries. You didn't need to pretend you were starving to get food." He told her when she had finished and had thanked them. She had been rescued, fed and now she could leave and go back to her home in the wild.

Except that she didn't. She lingered and commented on Nox's job. "Yeah, it's what he does for a living. His mate...they used to travel together a lot and being a ranger let Nox travel and still make money so they could buy food and supplies and things like that." He was sure there was probably some other reasons Nox had made this choice but he didn't fully get them. He just knew that becoming a ranger meant Nox had spent far more time with Karjan and that had made both men happy.

Nox had given the wild Larvitar an amused smile as she grinned up at him but hadn't said anything. Cilik was doing a far better job of communicating with the wild pokemon than Nox could so he let the pair talk. But now that things seemed to have settled and the Larvitar was free and fed, it was time they got back to work. "You ready Cilik? I've still got to finish my rounds and get back to the ranger station to drop off this stuff." He said, motioning toward the trap he'd packed up. Cilik nodded and turned back to the wild pokemon. "It's time for us to go. It was nice meeting you." He told her, giving her a little smile and a wave of his paw before turning and trotting back toward Nox. The ranger recalled the Larvitar back into his pokeball and glanced at the wild one. "Stay safe out there, okay?" He told her before turning away, ready to resume his check of the meadows.

Aria Wolfe

So I kinda left this open for the Larvitar to just start following him or whatever it is you want her to do to indicate she wants to go with Nox, lol. =)
PM   
^
Wild Pokémon
 Posted: 10/2/17, 06:13 pm
NPC
3342 posts
NPC

It took the other Larvitar a moment to answer her, and she wondered if maybe she was being too nosy by asking about the trainer's profession. She was really just trying to make up for the fact that she almost bolted on them without even a thank you. Her eyes shifted back and forth from the trainer, the ground, the Larvitar, and the ground again. Feeling a little awkward, she shifted her body weight from her one foot to the other.

The trainer spoke up, asking if his pokémon was ready to get going. They were leaving? But... had she fulfilled her grateful citizen duty? Had she thanked them enough? She hadn't really done anything, except eat their food. A small frown spread on her face and her expression grew serious. What could she offer them in return, anyway? It's not like she had berries stashed in her tunnel, or something to offer for trade. She was alone.

Before she knew it, the trainer had taken his pokémon back and was walking away. She began to panic. Wait! she called, knowing that without the other Larvitar he might not understand her. So, she darted forward after him. It only took her a few seconds before she caught up to him. The only thing that crossed her mind to do, was to leap onto his leg and hold on tight. Her little claws gripped his pant leg and her body swayed as he took another step. You can't leave yet, I am in your debt! she cried. She wasn't sure how she'd repay her debt, but repay it she would.

Wild Larvitar wants to come along!

Nox Korrik
Haha not sure how much farther you want to drag this out. Figured he could either let her tag along (hang along?) or kick her off and tell her to scram, haha... I'm of course hoping for the former because me loves her. XD
PM   Email
^
Nox Korrik
 Posted: 10/5/17, 11:35 am
Sev
253 posts
Pokémon Ranger

As he took a few steps away, the wild Larvitar cried out and Nox paused. Which was probably a good thing or the sudden weight clinging to his leg would have surely knocked him off balance. Larvitar, being ground and rock types, were notoriously heavy even though they didn't look it. "What do you want now? You're free to go back to your nest. You're perfectly safe out here." He told her, trying to gently pry her off his leg so he could continue his work. He managed to coax her into letting go of him but she kept tagging along and refusing to go back to her home. She just kept up with him, walking alongside him or occasionally trailing behind. Nox considered trying to just outrun her but he didn't want to leave her alone if she was afraid. He hoped that by seeing how he kept the meadow safe she would just leave on her own.

Try as he might to ignore her and hope that she'd be convinced to leave, Nox eventually had to admit that that wasn't likely to happen. Especially when she kept following him as he neared town. Most wild pokemon would have given up and run off as soon as Wisteria Town came into view but not this Larvitar. She crowded up next to him, seeming nervous but apparently unwilling to let him leave her alone. With a sigh, Nox pulled a pokeball from his bag and faced the Larvitar. "If you're that adamant about following me you're gonna have to go inside one of these. You'll get lost in town if you try and just wander around." He told her. When she still didn't run off, Nox gave the pokeball a little tap on the Larvitar's head and with a couple of shakes and a click he'd captured a second Larvitar. Now he just needed to figure out what to do with her....

Aria Wolfe
PM   
^
Wild Pokémon
 Posted: 10/5/17, 02:30 pm
NPC
3342 posts
NPC

The ranger finally grew sick enough of being followed that he offered to take her with him. She was excited! As well as nervous. But excited. All she knew was that this ranger could keep her safe, and well-fed. And he had another Larvitar and that made her happy. And a little tingly. Was that the berries? Whatever. When he knelt down and offered her the pokéball, she froze. She wanted to tap it, but she also wondered how drastically her life would change if she did. She was sure she wanted to go with him, right?? She was sure.

Luckily, she didn't have to make the decision. He tapped her on the head with the ball and the world around her disappeared. She smiled and closed her eyes. She was safe.

Congratulations, the wild Larvitar was captured!

Nox Korrik
PM   Email
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Options    Reply   New Topic   New Poll   

RPG-D  FF:Adventu PLEDGE -- a pokémon roleplay
Pokemon: Forever Forgotten Pokemon: Terrene Kaleidoscope