paradise • a pokémon adventure
cbox

welcome

Established in July 2014, Paradise is a pokémon role-play community that’s all about getting back to the basics. With a simplified training system, we focus more on writing than grinding for levels. Join us today and begin your adventure in the Eden region!

information

Getting Started Setting Information Trainer Classes Game Mechanics Field Guide Eden League Rules & FAQ

updates

July 5 – Paradise's anniversary falls on the 20th, but we're kicking off the festivities early and celebrating all month long with some cool rewards and a special event, the Summer Sun Celebration! Cheers to three years! <3

shortcuts

Training Log Wild Encounters Breeding Records Adoption Center Face Claims Player Directory Open Threads

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply   New Topic   New Poll   

A Much Needed Distraction, Closed for Adam ^^
Dakota Gilbert
 Posted: 6/29/17, 07:56 pm
Lisa
55 posts
Pokémon Trainer

"I need a drink." she groaned under her breath as she gripped the steel handle of the door and threw it open. As she stepped inside, the door clanged against the wall and she let it slam behind her. She rolled her eyes and sighed, a little sick and tired of the bar and club scene but not feeling at home anywhere else. At least this place looked pretty decent and clean, and the floor wasn't sticking to her shoes as she walked. There was cigarette smoke clouding up the air but not the stale, gross kind.

Her eyes darted back and forth between the bar top and the dancing bodies nearby. The middle of the room was full of people, bodies swaying and grinding along to the floor-vibrating bass-heavy music playing through the speakers. If she were in a much, much better mood, she might have joined them under the flashing strobe lights. However, tonight was about forgetting, not celebrating. She'd need a shot first. Maybe a few.

The bar top it was. She plopped down on a stool and leaned forward onto the glass bar with her elbows. Somewhere around here was a guy with exactly what she was looking for: a bottle of tequila. When no one from behind the counter came to greet her, she began to tap her foot impatiently and eyed the rows of bottles behind the counter. So many sizes, colors, flavors... fuck it, she didn't even need tequila. Just get me something, Dakota thought to herself, becoming more frustrated than she already was when she walked in.

A few moments went by, but for Dakota it felt like an hour. The music was loud, the air was thick, and how was she not drunk yet? This was ridiculous! She leaned over the counter once more to see around the bodies of people, but still no server with her tequila. On any other day she'd be a little more patient, maybe even a lot more. Today was just not her day. "Hello?!" she yelled, at an attempted volume that was louder than the pounding music, "What does a girl need to do to get a drink around here??"

Adam Samak (Let me know if I need to edit any details, I have no idea what the nightclub/bar looks/feels like, so maybe you should have started this one after all? haha... I can go back and add some description if needed! ^^)
PM   Email
^
Adam Samak
 Posted: 6/29/17, 10:16 pm
Sev
62 posts
Pokémon Trainer

Adam hadn't paid much attention to the girl who approached the bar. He was not on the clock which meant he didn't have to take note of every person who took a seat on one of the stools lining the bar. In fact, he was slowly drinking his way through his second lemonade and heckling his coworkers because he had the night off (and had nothing better to do). But it was busy so he was mostly there to enjoy the music and do a bit of dancing. He might even have a few drinks if he felt like it, but that was a slippery slope he tended to avoid whenever possible.

He only vaguely registered the newcomer when she leaned her elbows on the bar, it was somewhat unusual since the loud music and dance scene weren't the usual draws for the 'I want to drink my problems away' sorts. And it was those sorts who leaned on the bar, hunched over their drinks and trying to ignore the world. Still, it wasn't really his problem. If the girl wanted to get drunk and forget her problems for a bit it was none of his business. She didn't seem to be paying him any attention so he took a moment to look her over. She was pretty, and she seemed young though he was by no means the best judge of age. What sort of problems did she think she had that needed to be drowned by alcohol? Curiosity piqued, he shifted so that it was obvious he was looking at her.

She still wasn't facing him, however, trying to get the attention of the bartenders. When she finally yelled the both looked up and Adam made a motion with a hand to indicate they shouldn't serve her anything. The bartender on duty gave him a raised eyebrow look and Adam nodded. With a shake of his head, the bartender moved off to the opposite end of the bar while Adam leaned in to speak to the girl and not have to shout so much to be heard over the music. "For starters I wouldn't recommend yelling at the guy who decides which order to serve the drinks in. Yelling tends to make them testy and they'll make you wait out of spite." He told her, flashing her a smile as if he hadn't just been the one to seemingly tell the bartenders not to serve her (he had no idea if she'd noticed that or not but if she had he did not expect this conversation to go well). "So tell me, what's a pretty girl like you got to be so twisted about, hmm?" He questioned, already working out how to get her to talk to him now that he'd probably just pissed her off even more. Well, if nothing else he'd stopped her from drinking for the duration of her stay at this particular establishment. He could, he supposed, follow her around town and make sure she didn't get served anywhere else but that was not how he wanted to spend his evening, thank you very much!

Dakota Gilbert
PM   
^
Dakota Gilbert
 Posted: 6/30/17, 01:28 pm
Lisa
55 posts
Pokémon Trainer

This nightclub was not your average alley club, it wasn't shady or dirty. It was a very professional and clean establishment and it felt pretty safe. So why the hell wouldn't somebody serve her a drink already? Maybe she should take out her wallet, a few dollar bills always seemed to help them "see" her. She was just about to reach into her pocket when a voice spoke to her from nearby. Her hair flew around her shoulders as she spun around to look at whoever was talking to her. It was a man, of course. Their eye contact only lasted a few seconds before she averted her eyes and stared down at the bar.

"Ugh," she groaned, and didn't care that he heard her. She had lost count of the number of times a guy hit on her at the bar. The guy was right though, yelling at the bartender was not the best way to get what she wanted. Her eyes were glued to the bar until he asked what was bothering her. She looked up at him just in time to catch his mischievous smile. She also chose to ignore the comment about her being pretty, even though she would never admit she did like hearing it.

She stared into his eyes and let a few seconds go by before she smiled back. "I'm sorry, am I in the wrong place? Is this a therapist's office?" she snapped, more playfully than angrily though. Her smile widened as she watched his expression change. As she waited for his response, she took in his appearance. Okay, he was pretty cute, at least. There was something about his smile, some guys just had really nice smiles that made you squirm in your seat a little bit. And his eyes, well... they had a look of trouble in them, or adventure depending on how you looked at it.

"No offense, but I wouldn't tell you anyway. I don't talk to strangers." she added, and turned to look behind the bar again. There had to be someone around that could get her a drink. She reached into her pocket, pulled out her wallet, and took out a few bills. After putting her wallet back, she slid the cash forward and kept her hand on it, hoping to catch someone's attention finally. If this guy was going to continue to engage her in conversation, she would definitely need that drink.

Adam Samak (So cute, already!! ^^)
PM   Email
^
Adam Samak
 Posted: 6/30/17, 09:06 pm
Sev
62 posts
Pokémon Trainer

Adam arched a brow when the girl only met his gaze for a few seconds before looking away with a groan. "Ouch. Okay so I know I'm no prince charming but I don't really deserve an 'ugh' do I?" He questioned, tone amused though he'd adopted a hurt expression in case she looked up. And he hadn't even been flirting either! He was used to getting eye rolls and disgusted looks (usually from rich snobs who thought their bartender was beneath them) when he started out an interaction with some flirty comment. But when he was simply making conversation? That was new.

But at least she wasn't storming off (yet) and she actually looked back up at him when he asked what was wrong. He gave her an encouraging look and she smiled at him. And then he laughed when she actually spoke. No, he hadn't expected her to actually answer him but her response was something he himself would have said if he was in her place years ago. "I dunno. Don't they say being a bartender is like being a therapist who isn't paid well enough? Folks come in, they huddle over their drinks and they share their woes with the bartender who only listens because it keeps them selling drinks." That may have been a bit of an exaggeration but he'd seen it. Some down and out soul who came in just looking for an escape and someone to talk to.

Oh, so she didn't talk to strangers eh? Maybe not about personal stuff but she was most definitely talking to him so he decided to have a bit of fun with her rejection. "Hmm...but I thought we were talking? I'm saying things, you're responding. Isn't that how talking goes?" He questioned though he straightened up some and held out his hand. "But if you say I'm a stranger let's fix that. Hi, I'm Adam. Can I buy you a drink?" Without waiting for a reply, he motioned to the bartender and indicated his almost empty lemonade glass, holding up two fingers. The bartender smirked and rolled his eyes, filling two glasses with lemonade and placing them on the bar in front of Adam and Dakota. "There. Now will you tell me what's bothering you?" He asked, giving her his best innocent look and taking a sip of his drink while he waited for her to reply.

Dakota Gilbert
PM   
^
Dakota Gilbert
 Posted: 6/30/17, 11:40 pm
Lisa
55 posts
Pokémon Trainer

This guy's responses to her snarky remarks and attitude were sarcastic, humorous actually, and quite the surprise. It took a good amount of effort to hold her serious expression. If she hadn't been having one of the worst days she'd had since coming to Eden, she might have burst into laughter. He was charming, she had to hand it to him. He hadn't quite broken through her heavy mood though, and she was able to keep her posture straight and tense... for the most part.

His first response was to her groan, and she wouldn't admit it out loud but she immediately regret making him feel unattractive or unwanted. He was anything but, in fact he was quite attractive, she just... it was just not a good night for her. What he said next was in response to her therapist comment, in which he revealed he was actually a bartender. And now she was put in her place. A wave of embarrassment flooded over her and she blushed, realizing her behavior towards the nightclub's bartender was also, in a way, towards him. Oops. She gulped, choosing not to respond to that part of the conversation.

Lastly, he responded to her calling him a stranger with an equally sarcastic and snarky comment, and that pushed her over the edge. She laughed, rolled her eyes and looked back at him, shaking her head. Her laugh faded but her smile remained, and she shook his hand when he introduced himself as Adam. Before she could say anything else or even introduce herself, he asked to buy her a drink. And before she could object, he had already flagged down the bartender on duty and two glasses of lemonade were brought over to them. Seriously? The bartender came over here the second Adam motioned for him. She's been here waiting for at least 20 minutes!

Lemonade? she thought instantly, is this guy blind?? She stared down at her glass, speechless for a moment, and pushed the glass towards Adam with her hand. "Nice to meet you, Adam. I'm Dakota, and thanks, but I'm not here for lemonade." she said, catching the grin on his face out of the corner of her eye as she turned towards the bartender again, who had somehow vanished again. When she couldn't find him, she slouched in her seat, disappointed. She turned to face him again and sighed. "You're a bartender, huh? Here? Can you get me a drink then?" she said, softening her tone now that he might be her only hope. She even went as far as to slide the dollar bills she had set on the counter towards him.

She chose to ignore his question about what was bothering her. Maybe he'd forget about it and leave it alone. In all honesty, she was here to forget about it, why would she want to waste any more of her time talking about it? And what good would talking about it do, anyway? He couldn't fix it, he couldn't help her, so what was the point? After a few drinks, she'd either hit the dance floor or hit the road, and either way she'd crash when she got back and finally be able to sleep through the night. On the bright side, this guy was quite entertaining and was providing quite the distraction.

Adam Samak
PM   Email
^
Adam Samak
 Posted: 7/3/17, 08:43 pm
Sev
62 posts
Pokémon Trainer

For a long moment, she didn't respond to anything he said, at least not verbally or with any sort of body language he could work with. She seemed to be completely ignoring his answers to her comments. If she persisted in ignoring him, he'd eventually give up and let her order whatever she wanted. But she laughed at his response to her comments about them being strangers and he knew he had her attention. How their interactions would ultimately end up he couldn't be sure but if he could keep her talking and get her to laugh more maybe he'd keep her from drowning her sorrows for at least one night. And who knew, maybe she'd see that drinking wasn't the solution? If he actually succeeded at that in the span of one night he'd be surprised.

Of course he knew she would reject the lemonade. "I guessed as much." He told her with a shrug, taking a drink of his own lemonade as she continued to speak, asking him if he could get her a drink. "Yes, yes and I technically already did get you a drink. Not my fault you don't want to drink it." He told her with a mischievous smirk as she looked for the bartender again before sliding money his way. "Nope. Not gonna buy you anything with alcohol in it until you tell me why you stormed in here all bent out of shape about something and started yelling at my poor coworkers." He told her, pushing both the money and the glass of lemonade toward her. "Though since I can tell you're the stubborn type how about we make a deal? Face me in a pokemon battle. If I win, I'll buy you a couple drinks while you tell me what's got you all riled. You win and I'll buy you those drinks anyway but you don't have to tell me a thing unless you want to. What do you say?" He had no idea what sort of pokemon she might have with her or if she'd even go for his suggestion but it was worth a shot. And heck, win or lose he got some experience for his pokemon as well so it was a win-win for them both, really. She got to drink, he got some much needed battle experience for his pokemon...he couldn't really see a downside to his idea. He just hoped she'd go for it.

Dakota Gilbert
PM   
^
Dakota Gilbert
 Posted: 7/4/17, 10:30 am
Lisa
55 posts
Pokémon Trainer

This Adam guy persisted, and either he was just hard-headed and stubborn like her, or he really did care about what was bothering her for some reason. She couldn't understand why that would be the case, he didn't know her and even if she was "pretty" why would he want to know about all the baggage she was carrying? Her eyebrows furrowed when he pushed the money and glass of lemonade back at her. And then it occurred to her. Maybe it wasn't her problems that he was interested in, perhaps it was the alcohol she needed to forget about them.

For a second, she was angry that this stranger thought he could step in and control how she handled her problems, how she lived her life. However, the fire she felt quickly faded when he changed his focus from keeping her sober to challenging her in a pokémon battle. If she lost, she'd have to tell him what was bothering her, and if she won, she didn't have to unless she wanted to. Either way he was going to buy her a drink, and well... if this was the only way to get one, she'd do it.

She lifted her glance to meet his and smirked. "A pokémon battle, huh? That's how it's going to be?" she said, playfully. Sitting up straight in her bar stool, she hesitated giving her answer while she mentally ran through the pokémon she had with her and whether or not she'd have a chance. There was no way to know how many pokémon this guy had on him or how strong they were. Battles were always a strategy, and not knowing which elemental types he had or liked was a disadvantage to her. Then again, he didn't know what she had either. Finally, she picked up the glass of lemonade, downed a good half of the glass, shrugged, and agreed. "Fine. But we're shaking on it, because either way I want some liquor added to this glass." she said, grinning and holding out her hand to him.

Adam Samak
PM   Email
^
Adam Samak
 Posted: 7/9/17, 07:04 pm
Sev
62 posts
Pokémon Trainer

Adam gave her a minute to consider his offer. They were both going into this battle blind. Neither of them knew what pokemon the other had or how strong they were. Adam could very well be setting himself up to get his butt kicked in a battle. Or he could be challenging someone who was a newbie and only had inexperienced pokemon. When she met his gaze with a smirk, he knew he'd won. "Yep. I mean, we're both pokemon trainers aren't we? That's what trainers do." He told her with a shrug. It seemed like a good way to decide the outcome of a debate when neither side would budge.

When she downed her lemonade and agreed, he smiled and held out his hand for her to shake. "Done. Hey Jacob, two shots of vodka if you would please." He called to the bartender who gave him a raised eyebrow look but poured the shots and set them on the bar in front of him. With a flourish, Adam poured one shot into each of their lemonade glasses.

As soon as they'd both finished off their drinks, Adam paid his tab and picked up his bag from behind the bar, his gym trainer badge clearly visible clipped to the strap. "Come on. We can use the gym's practice arena. No one should be using it now." He told her, motioning for her to follow him. He led her through the club and to a set of doors that led toward the back areas of the gym where gym trainer battles took place (no one wanted to disturb the revelry of the nightclub for a trainer battle, only official gym battles took place on the gym arena). He flipped a few switches and a plan battlefield was bathed in the fluorescent lights above. "Here we are. As the challenger, I get to pick the first pokemon and you get the first move. Unless you have an objection I thought we'd do a standard three on three rotation battle. First one to take out all three of their opponent's pokemon wins." He explained, moving to the trainer's box marked out on the far side of the arena. Provided Dakota didn't have any other protests or questions, he picked a pokeball from his bag and gave it a toss. "Alright Lakka, this is your first battle. Let's see what you can do." He called as a Piplup materialized on the field, the water type adopted a battle ready pose as she waited for her opponent to be called forth.

Dakota Gilbert
PM   
^
Dakota Gilbert
 Posted: 7/10/17, 08:41 pm
Lisa
55 posts
Pokémon Trainer

She didn't say much as he led her away from the bar and into the back of the nightclub. In fact, she felt just a little uneasy seeing as how she'd never met this guy before and knew very little about him. Sure, she was aware that this nightclub doubled as a gym here in Ironwood, but how did she know he was taking her the right way? She wasn't too worried, confident that Samara could easily get her out of a nasty situation if need be. Still, she kept her hand inconspicuously on her pokéball just in case.

Sure enough, Adam opened the doors to the gym arena and flipped on the lights. She scanned the auditorium-sized room as it lit up under the fluorescent lights. It was impressive, especially to a girl that hadn't spent any time in gyms before this evening. Collecting gym badges was never something she felt like doing. And now that they were here and Adam was taking his place across the arena in the trainer box, the nervousness began to set in. She knew nothing about his pokémon team, his style, his strengths or weaknesses.

After a quick glare at him and a smirk, she finally let out a deep sigh and took her place across from him. She nodded in agreement as he went over the rules, giving off the impression that she knew all about the standard rotation battle. Her expression stayed serious and focused, until he called on his first pokémon and a stocky little blue penguin popped out. She snorted, holding back a laugh by placing a hand over her mouth. "Awww, it's so teeny!" she said in a sassy tone. A baby blue penguin was not at all what she expected him to have. This guy was confident, almost even cocky, and his first choice is a sweet little baby penguin?

"Sorry, it's just not what I expected the guy that chatted me up at the bar to have." she teased, knowing she probably sounded like a judgmental jerk but she didn't care. She was trying to hide the fact that her team was mostly fire-type and that little penguin was sure to have water-based attacks. Her only non-fire type were her Cubone, who was weak against water as well, and her Haunter. Putting up a front was the best way she knew to hide her fear and uncertainty.

"Okay, well... the sooner we get this over with the sooner I get another drink, so..." she spoke, finally pulling the pokéball she had been holding out of her pocket and tossing it into the air. A flash of light lit up her side of the battle field, and as the pokéball returned to her hand her Haunter materialized in front of her. Samara hissed, as she likes to do when she's summoned just to give everyone in their immediate surroundings an uneasy feeling. "Samara, you up for a fight? Should be an easy one." Dakota asked, placing her free hand on her hip and shifting her weight to one foot. God, I can be a real bitch, she thought to herself and shook her head.

Samara hissed again and a large grin spread across her translucent purple face. Her claws gripped at the air hungrily. Dakota had to think quickly, since she was given the first move. She didn't really have a lot of time to conjure up a plan of attack, so she went with her gut and chose one of the more basic attacks to start with. "Let's start with Shadow Punch." she commanded, hoping she looked and sounded more badass than she felt right now. Her haunter did however, and shot forward towards her opponent with a swift swing of her fist.

Adam Samak
PM   Email
^
Adam Samak
 Posted: 7/11/17, 07:42 pm
Sev
62 posts
Pokémon Trainer

Lakka was infinitely more offended than Adam was about the girl's laughter and made a face at her for it. Adam only chuckled. "It's a good thing you're not saying that about anything more than my pokemon. I might have to be offended if you were." He said with a suggestive wink. To her next words he only shrugged. "I've got to get her experience somehow. I can't use her in official gym challenges until she's fully evolved and gains her latent steel typing. And then no one will laugh at her when I call her onto the battlefield." Lakka gave a sharp nod and a 'see, I'm better than you think I am' look toward Dakota.

Adam rolled his eyes at the mention of the drinks he'd promised but didn't say anything. Which was probably a good thing because seconds later Dakota called out her first pokemon. And Adam visibly paled a little and took a few involuntary steps backward. He always knew it was a possibility that he'd face ghost type pokemon in battles. And he had on several occasions. But this was the first time he'd come up against a Haunter, the pre-evolved form of the one ghost type he hated and feared above all others: Gengar.

His brain froze at the sight of the purple ghost, flashing back to what little he remembered of a day fifteen years ago. A Rapidash, injured and spooked by something kicking out, his father lying motionless next to him, pain, something heading toward him, a flash of purple light....

Lakka's cry of pain as the Shadow Punch connected with her brought him back to the present. The inexperienced water type didn't stand much chance against an evolved opponent. The Haunter was clearly stronger than she was. He fumbled for the Piplup's pokeball and recalled her to safety. For the first time since becoming a gym trainer, he considered forfeiting the match. But if he did that he'd never live it down. His coworkers were generally understanding but they still liked to tease him any time he did something stupid because he'd encountered a ghost type. He took a steadying breath and considered his options. Margarita and Anisette were his only pokemon of comparable strength to the Haunter. Margarita had a wider array of moves that would deal damage, but Annie had the advantage of being immune to ghost type moves. The downside of that immunity was that most of her damaging moves were ineffective against ghost types.

He probably took longer to decide what to do than he normally would have but he decided on a course of action and grabbed a second pokeball. "Anisette, take over. Hit it with Shadow Ball!" He called, releasing his second pokemon. An Eevee appeared in a flash of light and immediately gathered a sphere of shadowy energy that would that she launched at her opponent. The move, if it hit, would deal extra damage to the ghost type. Adam was hoping to end this particular portion of the battle sooner rather than later.

Adam switches pokemon! Lakka is replaced by Anisette!
Anisette used Shadow Ball!

Dakota Gilbert
PM   
^
Dakota Gilbert
 Posted: 7/12/17, 08:07 pm
Lisa
55 posts
Pokémon Trainer

He was right, and she knew it. Chuckling at the cute little penguin was a horribly mean thing to do, and she knew better. She just... she was having a bad day, remember?? Things she might normally bite her tongue for were slipping out a little more easily. However, the pang of guilt she felt began to fade as both Adam and the little Piplup shot back with comebacks. Dakota smirked, glad to have met a trainer that is just as feisty as she is. Mentally, she promised not to give him too much shit from here on out and to maybe be a little nicer.

Well... that was what she planned to do anyway, until she summoned Samara to the battle and all the color drained out of his face. This guy, who was full of confidence and ego just moments before, looked more pale than the white on the Piplup's cheeks. Had he not ever seen a ghost-type pokémon before? Surely he had, being a gym trainer and all! What on earth caused that sort of reaction?? For a moment Dakota was worried that something was wrong with Samara, or maybe she came out of the pokéball looking like something he'd never seen before? She did have a tendency to take form of all sorts of things just to make an entrance.

Her promise flew out the window as she laughed again, this time not even bothering to try to muffle the sound with her hands. She couldn't help it, the expression on his face was just too much. Samara really scared the shit out of him! After she laughed and commanded her first attack, she watched Samara zoom into action and pull off the shadow pump. "What's the matter over there?" she yelled across the room, "A gym trainer like you has certainly seen a ghost-type pokémon before, no?" Then, as Adam scrambled to return his little penguin, it occurred to Dakota that maybe he had a good reason to be scared of the ghost pokémon. Whether it be a bad experience or a nightmare, maybe his reaction wasn't entirely out of the blue or uncalled for. She frowned, suddenly feeling a tornado of emotions including empathy and regret.

She didn't have long to think about it, because before she knew it he had called on his new pokémon and already ordered an attack. An Eevee appeared in a flash of the pokéball and summoned up an orb of dark energy. Both Samara and Dakota watched closely as the shadow ball quickly grew in size and shot forward towards them. Samara, who was still smug after successfully scaring the trainer and hitting his pokémon head on, readied herself for the oncoming attack. She quickly dissipated, avoiding the hit and letting the ball continue it's course towards the back of the arena before materializing again. Dakota, being a little less prepared, had to dive to the right to avoid getting hit. She landed hard on her stomach, gritting her teeth as the energy ball hit the wall and rumbled throughout the room.

"Thanks a lot, Samara!" she yelled, jumping to her feet and standing back up. She brushed her hair back into place with her fingers and stepped back into the trainer box. That's it, it's time to get serious, she thought to herself. It would probably be best if they focused on the battle right now and saved any talking for later. At least, she'd try for that, but if Adam shot any snarky remarks at her of course she'd stay true to herself and respond. That shadow ball was no joke though, for that little Eevee, so no more playing games. "Alright, no more messing around." she said aloud, not to anyone in particular.

"Samara, use Hypnosis!" she ordered quickly. This was one of Samara's best strategies, and Dakota was confident that as long as it was successful, they had this round in the bag. Samara knew two very effective moves used on pokémon that were asleep. Dakota had only seen it once before, and even just watching it play out gave her chills. That Eevee was no beginner though, and hypnotizing another pokémon was tricky especially if they were strong. If it failed, she'd have a back-up plan. She started working on that as Samara flew forward, letting out a low, soft hissing sound and locking eyes with her opponent.

Samara dodged the attack!
Dodges: 1/3
Samara used Hypnosis!

Adam Samak
PM   Email
^
Adam Samak
 Posted: 7/13/17, 08:46 pm
Sev
62 posts
Pokémon Trainer

Dakota's laughter and teasing caused a flare of anger in Adam. How dare she? She didn't know what he'd been through. didn't know what he'd suffered at the claws of a Gengar...and she had the audacity to laugh at him for being afraid. "It's none of your business." He shot back, all laughter and teasing gone from his voice and posture. He was sorely tempted to snap that he'd seen a ghost type kill his dad, just to make her feel like crap for laughing at him, but he bit back the words. Even now, when he was angry and tense, he would find no enjoyment in making her feel bad. Instead, he ignored the question and focused on the battle.

Anisette's attack fly right through her ghostly opponent and the Eevee bared sharp little teeth at the Haunter. When the order for Hypnosis was given, Anisette didn't need Adam's orders to try and protect herself. She squeezed her eyes shut and pinned her ears back, determined to ignore the Haunter as best she could. She would not look, no matter what the haunter did or said. "Very good, Annie. But two can play at that game, strike back with a Yawn." Without opening her eyes, Anisette relaxed her body some and opened her mouth in an massive yawn that would hopefully make the Haunter start feeling drowsy. With her opponent asleep, attacking would be easier since it wouldn't be able to dodge.

Anisette use Yawn!
Dodge: 1/3

Dakota Gilbert
PM   
^
Dakota Gilbert
 Posted: 7/13/17, 09:58 pm
Lisa
55 posts
Pokémon Trainer

Samara hovered low to the ground, gradually drawing closer and closer to the little Eevee. This battle is dumb, isn't it? You know what sounds really good right now? A nap. Yesssss... let's both take a nap, okay? Forget about this stupid battle, fighting never does anyone any good. Samara whispered, closing in so close that the Eevee could probably feel her breath on her ear. Pssssssst. Look at me... But the Eevee wasn't budging. It braced itself, eyes shut tightly and ears back. LOOK AT ME. Samara hissed, angrily, but her attempt to hypnotize her opponent was unsuccessful.

She backed away slowly, but hadn't reached enough distance from the Eevee before it retaliated. It opened its mouth and let out a loud, long yawn, right in Samara's face. It was unavoidable, and Samara instantly began to feel sleepy. If Samara didn't act quickly, she'd fall right asleep. She shook her head quickly, trying to brush off the feeling, but to no avail. She'd be passed out by her next turn for sure. Dakota watched as Samara turned to her for guidance, who was still distracted by Adam's words.

"How about Dark Pulse?" she responded, rather insecurely. Samara wasn't sure if her trainer was giving her an order or a suggestion. Frustrated, she turned back to her opponent and conjured up some dark energy of her own. She hovered into the air, and fired off a pulse of dark purple energy in all directions. Her eyes grew heavy, but she fought to keep them open to see if her attack hit successfully or not. Just as the pulse of energy was reaching her opponent, she gave in. Her body descended from the air as she closed her eyes and landed softly on the arena floor. A rather obnoxious snoring sound began to fill the air, and Dakota grew embarrassed.

Samara grew drowsy.
Samara used Dark Pulse!
Samara fell asleep!

Adam Samak
PM   Email
^
Adam Samak
 Posted: 7/13/17, 10:34 pm
Sev
62 posts
Pokémon Trainer

Anisette shook her head as the Haunter tried to get her to look. No! I won't do it. I won't listen to you. She responded stubbornly, twitching an ear when the cool breath of the ghost type tickled her fur. She didn't quite feel comfortable opening her eyes even when the ghost pokemon seemed to be backing off, annoyed. She peeked open her eyes after her Yawn to see if it had taken hold and gave a little chirp of jot when it looked like it had. Ha! She'd turned the tables on that pesky ghost, that was for sure!

She was still busy gloating to herself when the ghost launched her attack and she didn't react to Adam's shout to move out of the way in time. The Dark Pulse knocked her off her paws and she yelped at the pain it caused. She got back to her feet and shook her fur, a little dazed by the hit. "We've been over this. Don't get over-confident just because you land a successful hit." Adam scolded and, even though he was gentle about it, Anisette let her ears and tail droop. He was right. She knew better. If she wanted to be stronger she needed to focus and stop letting every little victory distract her from claiming the big one. "Just remember it for next time. Now that our opponent is asleep, how about we try Shadow Ball again." She perked up again with that order and did as she was told, forming another ball of shadow energy and aiming it her stationary foe. If the ghost managed to dodge it this time she'd be very annoyed!

Dakota Gilbert
PM   
^
Dakota Gilbert
 Posted: 7/14/17, 07:24 pm
Lisa
55 posts
Pokémon Trainer

Samara snored. Dakota's face flushed red with frustration. "Oh come on! You're seriously napping right now?" she groaned. She knew it wasn't Samara's fault. She was just annoyed, for many reasons. As the Eevee readied her next attack, Dakota grew anxious." SAMARA!" she yelled, as loud as she could, and her voice echoed throughout the arena. Nothing. The Eevee built up her dark energy and shot it forward, and there was nothing she could do to stop it.

A dark purple sphere of energy shot towards them, slamming into Samara and sending her sleeping body tumbling backwards. Her little claws flopped every which way as she rolled, in that awkward life-less way since she was passed out cold. Her body rolled to a stop just a few feet in front of Dakota's feet, and she cursed. That had to have hurt, and yet there she laid, snoring away. How annoying! she thought, wondering what she could do. She didn't have any full heals on her, normally Samara was the one putting her opponents to sleep. She mentally kicked herself for not being prepared.

Dakota had no choice but to wait for now, and hope that Samara woke up sooner rather than later. That attack wasn't the worst, but it was super effective and she wasn't sure she'd keep Samara in this kind of danger if she didn't wake up in the next turn or two. She also hoped Adam didn't return fire with his voice and make fun of her for this. The atmosphere had changed drastically after her judgement over his reaction to Samara, and there was little to no joking around anymore. The air was tense.

Samara is hit by Shadow Ball! It's super effective!
Samara is fast asleep...

Adam Samak
PM   Email
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Options   Pages: (2) 1 2  Reply   New Topic   New Poll   

RPG-D  FF:Adventu PLEDGE -- a pokémon roleplay
Pokemon: Forever Forgotten Pokemon: Terrene Kaleidoscope