paradise • a pokémon adventure
cbox

welcome

Established in July 2014, Paradise is a pokémon role-play community that’s all about getting back to the basics. With a simplified training system, we focus more on writing than grinding for levels. Join us today and begin your adventure in the Eden region!

information

Getting Started Setting Information Trainer Classes Game Mechanics Field Guide Eden League Rules & FAQ

updates

September 20 – Applications for Hinoki Gym Leader are now closed, and the choice will be announced in the coming days! On another note, however, there were no applications for the Fighting-Type Eden Elite, so the deadline has been extended to October 4!

shortcuts

Training Log Wild Encounters Breeding Records Adoption Center Face Claims Player Directory Open Threads

Reply   New Topic   New Poll   

Here for the Party
Adam Samak
 Posted: 6/11/17, 08:07 pm
Sev
67 posts
Pokémon Trainer

Primrose town was boring. Adam hated boring. Adam worked as a bartender at the hottest nightclub in Ironwood City for a reason. He loved attention, he loved the press of a crowd and the chatter of people all around him. Primrose town was quiet, small and the biggest thing people got stirred up over was a flower being out of place. And yes, maybe he was exaggerating some (or a lot) but Primrose was still everything Adam hated. He was only there to see if he could train some of his pokemon or add a couple new ones to his team for the gym.

But he'd spent the majority of the day yesterday out in the woods and today he'd decided to stay in town.

He also decided to stir things up a bit.

It took a bit of legwork but he'd managed to track down everything he'd need. He found a spot in a park near where he was staying that happened to also be close to a store where he could run in and pick up a few things without needing to pack up all his stuff, commandeered a picnic table to serve as a temporary 'bar' and started setting up. He drew several curious looks as he lined up several glass bottles filled with an assortment of fruit juices, lemonade and water He had a bowl of chilled fresh fruit and berries, a cooler full of ice, throw away cups and various things he'd need to make a few mixed drinks.

He started off simple for the first couple of people; a few simple bar tricks with the cups and bottles a toss here a flip there. But as he started to draw more attention, he got more involved in his routine, doing more complex tricks to up the excitement for his audience. He got a few disapproving looks from some people until he flashed them his most charming of smiles and told them to look under the table. They did and most were surprised (and embarrassed) to find that everything he had was non-alcoholic and family friendly.

When he happened to glance up at one point and notice a redhead with a camera taking pictures, he flashed her a smile and went back to what he was doing. He did this often enough in Ironwood that having people take his picture or record him as he worked was nothing new. He was pretty sure he could find videos of himself practicing in the park or working at the club on Youtube if he bothered to look hard enough to find them. He finished with the drink he was mixing to applause and a few tips before politely excusing himself to take a short break. He assured the onlookers who'd been clamoring to have him mix them something cold to drink that he'd get to them once he'd had a bite to eat and something cold to drink for himself.

Noticing that the girl with the camera was still there, he waved her over even as he settled down to eat the lunch he'd brought with him and drink a bottle of water. "Hey there, come on over. Have a bottle of water." He offered, pulling a second bottled water from the cooler and setting it on the table. If she joined him, it was hers. If not he'd put it back and drink it later.

((For an idea of what Adam's up to he's doing stuff like this only in a park and with all non-alcoholic ingredients xD))
PM   
^
Lianaly Fox
 Posted: 6/22/17, 06:58 pm
Rockfox
16 posts
Pokémon Trainer

Lianaly hummed to herself quietly, taking the large bristle brush off of the white marble sink to run through her bright blue hair. She carefully brushed back her shoulder length waves, moving them to sit in somewhat fashionable curls. Until her hair was correctly brushed back, she set the brush down and took her damp rag to her lips, wiping off her white lipstick. What the 17 year old was doing currently is getting herself ready to face the day, but instead of going out and starting her journey out in her normal get up, she was going to be wearing her favorite men’s outfit. It wasn’t particularly hard to appear male, she picked at her stubborn patch of spikes that still fell into her face, the girl was quite androgynous.

She didn’t have large breasts, didn’t want them either, so she could hide her chest under shirts without the use of bindings. She was very curvy at the hips, which were wide set and will built, but they’re also very muscular. Her legs were long and strong, easily possible as either gender, and her arms were noticeably defined. Years of putting her body through routine workouts and eating a hard diet have made her body strong and her health amazing. The young woman gazed at herself in the full body mirror, silently admiring her own beauty with a smile. She very much liked her body, and loving the body she had made her feel amazing, sickness or not.

Next she threw on a black collared shirt, and a pair of black slacks. A light blue vest over her shirt with silver buttons was one of her favorite pieces of this particular outfit and calf high cyan and white boots that she tucked her pant’s legs into. Looking in the mirror one last time, the pink eyed girl grinned brightly. She wasn’t vain, she swore it, but she knew that she made a very pretty, if not handsome male. Her natural height of 5’10 added to the image, as did her lack of baby fat on her face.

”Could you stop admiring yourself in the mirror and get down here? You food is going to be cold if you keep this up!” A deep male voice rang out from elsewhere in her house. Lianaly giggled quietly and did as her father ordered, immediately meeting two small bodies waiting outside the door. The grumpy water type’s face lit up when he saw her finally come out, a large smile that didn’t show how much of an ass he really was. With a cry, the pokemon launched himself into his lady’s arms,

”Oh my Lady! You’ve been gone from my sight far too long!” he said, then noticed exactly how she was dressed, ”Ah, dressed to impress as always, you truly are beautiful no matter what strange getup you wear!” Lianaly simply grinned at his cries, she may not understand him, but his exaggerated body language and tone of voice said it all. Instead of saying anything, the girl pecked him on the forehead and reached out for the little yellow pokemon that had silently walked up to her leg, hugging it. Nukki quickly joined Fossegrim in his mistress arms, earning a small glare from the possessive popplio.

The alpha male didn’t approve of his Lady taking the little Pikachu in, even if he was a gift from her father. No, he much rather the other pokemon be lost in transition, but knew that Lianaly had already gotten attached to the little bugger. On the other hand, Nukki didn’t really acknowledged Fossegrim’s hostility, he took it calmly and allowed the older pokemon to snipe at him as much as he wants.

Lianaly giggled again, hugging her two partners close and finally making her way into the dining area of her large house. There, already reading a paper at the table, was her father waiting. His red eyes snapped up and took in Lianaly, then he raised a fine blackish blue brow in question. ”I wanted to start my first official day as a trainer in my favorite alternate! I’ll be sure to switch often, so don’t worry about me trying to pass as a guy that much, K?” she answered in a chipper voice, pulling the chair back to sit at the table. She set Grim and Nukki down on the table next to two bowls of pokefood, and grinned widely at her own mini-feast. ”Going all out today aren’t you?

Her father brushed his long bangs aside and regarded her coolly, ”Should I have left you to starve then? I prefer that you have enough energy to make it through the day.” Lianaly just smiled and leaned over to kiss his cheek.

”I appreciate it.”

After eating breakfast, threw on her jacket and grabbed her bags, biding her father goodbye as she finally faced the outside world. Perhaps a little overdramatic, but this is the first time she left with no intention to come back any time soon. Who knows how long she’d be gone, months, years? So she made sure to pack to survive and give her father a extra long hug.

She walked down the sidewalks of Primrose whimsically, holding Grim in her arms as she thought quietly to herself. I can’t believe I’m actually going to leave this town. I’ve been here for soooo long… and after today, I won’t see this place again for who knows how long. I’ll get to see new people, new pokemon, and get to experience all sorts of new things she could only dream about!

This is going to be soooo awesome! I get to actually be a real trainer! I can go and catch all the pokemon I can hug and cuddle to the ends of earth!
she chuckled loudly, huddling the smug popplio closer to her chest. Nukki followed closely behind Lianaly, shyly glancing around the town and its people as they walked by. As they walked into one of the parks, the something caught the pikachu’s eye and he turned to pull on his daydreaming Mistress’s pants leg.

Said girl glanced down at her partner curiously, ”What’s up?” Nukki pointed to where a crowd of people had start gathering in the park, watching something that the pokemon couldn’t clearly see from his short stature. The teenaged turned and let Grim crawl up to her shoulder, tilting her head at the commotion. ”Well I don’t hear battling, so what could be happening over there. Well, might as well go see! With a small grin, she shoved her hands into her pants pockets and strides over to the event confidently. Once she reached the crowd, she slowly maneuvered until she had a clear view of the center of the commotion.

Lianaly raise a brow in the same fashion her father does, looking at a man standing at a table. He was handing all sorts of drinks and containers, flipping them with a flair that seemed entirely unnecessary. But hey, it looks really cool, that's the important thing here. The girl grinned and shifted into a more comfortable stance, cause she might be watching this for a while. Nukki climbed up to her unoccupied shoulder to watch the man’s show, his small black eyes trained intently on the bottles. Grim himself was quite impressed, but noticing his Lady’s own fascination with the act made him scowl. He was sure he could put on a better show with her lovely bubbles and singing abilities, but he knew that his lady didn’t like him showing off his brilliance at random times. So he settled on just grumpily watching from his roost, snorting a small bubble ever once in awhile.

Deciding to step in closer, the disguised woman clapped loudly when the man finished his show. ”Bravo! Excellent display of skills!” she said, speaking in a clear, deep voice. Her voice was naturally deep, so turning it to have a slight rasp to make it more masculine was an easy task. Seeing that he was sticking around to serve drinks and take tips, she decided that she should probably get on the move before she wasted too much time in town, but then she noticed that Nukki was still watching him unblinking, focused entirely on the man. The girl brought her hand up to his head to scratch lightly, deciding that she could use a cold drink anyways.

The girl approached the man when she had the opportunely to do so. Hoping to meet his eyes with a grin, the girl wait patiently for him to notice her before asking her question. “Hey there, just came over to say that I’ve never seen anyone mix drinks as stylishly as you do. It had flair in all the right ways and just held my attention the second I laid eyes on it.” She also took the time to actually look at the man, since she was far to entranced by his act to really notice his features. Nukki openly stared at the man with great interest, but if he would meet his eyes, the shy pokemon would instead bury his face into Lianaly’s curly hair. Grim on the other hand simply smiled at the man, one of his normal “I don’t care about you but I need to be nice” smiles.

If Nukki had hid in her hair, she'd simply chuckled and scratched the side of his head lovingly. “Nukki here was especially entranced by your performance. I’d never seen him so interested in anything before. You must be a special man.”
PM   
^
Adam Samak
 Posted: 6/28/17, 05:20 pm
Sev
67 posts
Pokémon Trainer

Adam was distracted from watching the photographer by a voice calling out. He turned and gave the stranger an over-exaggerated bow. "Thank you, thank you. I live to entertain." He called back, assuming that would be the end of things and fully settling in to eat his lunch. He'd only taken a few bites when the stranger approached and he looked up into the face of a blue-haired young man, perhaps in his late teens if Adam had to guess his age. He was also a bit on the feminine side, though still androgynous enough that Adam wasn't about to question it. He gave the stranger a questioning look, not sure why he'd wandered over, and took a drink of his water.

The stranger spoke and Adam couldn't resist a smile. Obviously this person had never heard of or seen flair bartending. Given his age, It was a bit surprising the kid had never even heard of it but it was the people who didn't know what to expect that always found his 'performances' the most intriguing. "Well that's the whole point, of course. You start off with something attention grabbing," He said, snagging the water bottle off the table when he said 'grabbing'. "And then a little something more to keep it." He did a few simple tosses and flips with the bottle before sliding it across the table toward the young man. "Here, have a dink if you're thirsty. Or stick around, I'll mix you up something after I finish my lunch. All non-alcoholic though, so don't think you're getting any booze for free and without being carded!" He added with another smile and a wink, making note of the two pokemon with the young man. A Popplio that didn't look particularly thrilled and a Pikachu who buried his face in the boy's hair the second Adam looked at him.

At the comment about being a 'special man' however, Adam couldn't resist a bit of fun. He gave the stranger a once over, giving an appreciative nod. "I'm flattered and, handsome as you are, you're a bit young for me, I think." He teased, curious what sort of reaction he'd get for his comments. The younger men, the ones who were absolutely not interested in him, were always awkwardly flustered when he started flirting with them. It was adorable, actually. He glanced at the Pikachu again and his smile softened. He loved electric types, another reason he worked where he did. He did not have a Pikachu of his own yet, however. "He's cute. A bit shy though, I always thought of Pikachu as outgoing and friendly pokemon." He commented, giving the bag at his shoulder a glance as it shifted slightly before a Dedenne poked it's head out of the bag and peered around. She spied the other human and his pokemon and crawled out of the bag and up to Adam's shoulder where she could be on eye level with them. "This is Corona, tiny annoyance extraordinaire." Corona gave him a mock offended look and he laughed. "And I'm Adam. It's nice to meet you." He added, holding out his hand for the other to shake if he wanted.

Lianaly Fox
PM   
^
Lianaly Fox
 Posted: 6/28/17, 06:47 pm
Rockfox
16 posts
Pokémon Trainer

Adam Samak
Lianaly let her arms rest in a neutral cross, bringing her right hand up to hover by her chin. She matched his smile with one of her own, listening to his words as he flipped a bottle in his hands. What he said made perfect sense, sadly the girl wasn’t well versed on the ways of entertainment, she herself content to display her skills in a more calm fashion. Hmm, perhaps if she got better at performing, she could make fun presentations of arts at shows. Of course nothing like how this man entertained, she’d probably break a bottle on somebody's head on accident, she’s clumsy like that.

She caught the bottle as he slid it, fluidly popping the top of and taking a quick gulp of water. She chuckled as she held the water, ”No need to worry about that now, I keep my alcohol intake low. Besides, me and my boys want to enjoy a nice, fruity drink on a day like today.” and her father would kill her if she indulged in alcoholic drinks so soon after she left, and without supervision. He didn’t need to be around, he’d just Know, he always does.

Grim’s smile turned a little violent as the man checked her out quickly, but Lianaly was hardly bothered by such a thing. The girl simply shifted more weight into her right leg, raising a fine brow with a smirk. She took a quick second to appreciate the man’s own looks, ”Appearance can be deceiving, I could easily be about your age, if genetics had anything to say about it.” The Bluenette could always appreciate somebody enjoying her looks, it's nice to know people agreed with her own thoughts.

She not vain, she swears it!

She noticed him take interest in her Nukki, using her free hand rub his head lightly. ”Yes~ Nukki is an adorable little thing, shyness and all. His father was always a outgoing one, surfing through the air on his tail and using his abilities for silly things. But Nukki here was always a quiet one, happy to simply be with me. Just like I with him.” Nukki took this chance to rub his cheek into hers, happy with his Mistress words. Lianaly laughed again, ”One thing got passed down, you're such an adorable little cuddlebug! I just can't get over how cute you are, and how cute you are as well, Grim.” she aimed that last part to her starter, who was noticeable jealous of not being the center of attention.

The trio immediately took notice of a small little pokemon popping out of the man’s bag, climbing up to his shoulder where they could have a good look at her. Lianaly grinned, ”Well Corona, it's a pleasure to meet a pokemon as adorable as you! Isn’t that right boys?” Nukki looked shyly at the Dedenne, only flashing a small, soft smile at his fellow electric-type. Fossegrim took a second to look the smaller pokemon over, then nodded and quickly moved down to her chest. Then he went back to her shoulder, but under her large jacket instead. He popped his front out and let the rest of his body wrap around his Lady’s neck out of site.

Unbothered by her starter’s move, she grabbed the other man’s hand and shook it firmly. Not gripping hard enough that it seemed like she was trying to crush it, she may do weightlifting for fun, but she didn’t want to go that far. ”Well it's a pleasure to meet you as well , Adam. You can call me Lian, an aspiring artist learning the ropes. My boys are Fossegrim,” she lifted the shoulder the popplio was on, who simply nodded, ”and Nukki.” The Pikachu smiled at the man and gave a short bow of his head.

Lianaly stepped back and looked at the set up the man had again, she took careful note of the table, what was on it, and the size and shape of all the bottles on it. She took a second to think back on his performance, how it looked and flowed, then smiled brightly. ”Adam, would you mind if I made a piece dedicated to you and your performance. I’ve been looking for a idea to start with, and this seems like the perfect way to begin! There is no obligation to agree if you wish me not to. Of course, If you do, then I’ll leave you to your lunch before I begin.”
PM   
^
Adam Samak
 Posted: 7/2/17, 03:59 pm
Sev
67 posts
Pokémon Trainer

Adam laughed when the young man said he kept his alcohol intake low and that he'd prefer something fruity on a day like today. "Given that I suspect you're underage I'd hope you limited you alcohol intake to zero." He said with an amused smile. Oh yes, he was well aware that a lot of parents would allow their teens to drink limited amounts of alcohol at home while they were being supervised by said parents or that some teens had fake I.Ds and so on (he'd had one himself at one point). It wasn't his business to police what teens did. He mostly only cared because he was a bartender and he'd get into major trouble if he served someone who was underage. He'd most definitely lose his job and he rather liked what he did for a living, thank you very much. "As for something fruity I can remedy that when I get back to my practice. Anything special you're interested in?"

And of course the boy called him out on assuming his age with the 'genetics are weird, I could be older than I look' argument. "True. Genetics are weird, but...it's hard to explain...sometimes you can just tell when a person is younger than you, you know? Something in the way they carry themselves or whatever give it away almost every time. I should know, I've been working behind a bar for nearly ten years. You pick up on things like that." No, he wasn't perfect and had been given grief several times because he'd had to verify an I.D was real before he'd serve certain customers even though they insisted that it was (and it was indeed real, he was just being careful).

As conversation turned to the Pikachu and mention was made of the creature's father, Adam perked up some. "Tail surfing huh? Must be an Alolan variant?" He could be wrong but the only Piakchu (or Riachu) he knew that was capable of surfing on its tail were the ones found in Alola. "Man, I wish I had a Pikachu for my team. It'd be one heck of a battling partner that's for sure." And it was a pokemon not everyone at the gym used, not even the gym leader had a Pikachu or one of it's evolutions for official battles. They were spunky, agile and determined (or most of them were, anyway; Nukki clearly wasn't). Adam made an amused sound at the mention of Corona being adorable. "I've somehow managed to collect several cute pokemon. People are going to start thinking I'm a pushover if it keeps up. But that's fine by me, if they underestimate me it gives me an advantage in battles." Just because his team was cute and fluffy didn't mean they'd be easy to defeat once he got them trained up and devolved strategies to use with them.

The lad introduced himself and asked something Adam had never been asked before: if he could do a painting of him. "I'm hardly a stranger to having photos or video taken of me while I work but this is the first time anyone's asked if they could do a painting though." He said, laughing a bit as he considered it. He wasn't sure what all it would entail but he really didn't have a problem with it but maybe he could get a little something in return? "I don't mind if you want to do a painting of me, but I'm supposed to be here training. Would you battle me after you're finished with your work?" If the kid said no then he said no. Adam would just have to see about finding someone else to battle later.

Lianaly Fox
PM   
^
Lianaly Fox
 Posted: 7/4/17, 04:12 pm
Rockfox
16 posts
Pokémon Trainer

Adam Samak

Lianaly simply smiled wider at the man’s words, tapping her chin with her knuckles softly. Well…” she started, looking down at each of her boys in thought before nodding, ”How about Raspberry Peach Lemonade for me, and Strawberry Passion fruit Lemonade for my boys. You like the sound of that?” she asked her pokemon, receiving two nods and a smile in reply.

”I suppose I do understand what you’re saying. There is just something in a person's personality that usually reveals their true age. Of its just them being that age at heart, like 40 year olds acting like they’re 16.” She made a face at that, with a slightly crooked smile. She shook her head and let her hands fall to her sides, ”With a job like yours, I can see you having to face plenty of youngins trying to play off their age.” She herself is actually pretty good at guessing ages, as an artist she must be able to see all the like details. From the smallest wrinkle to the the exact structure of an eye, she needs to be able to remember details to such a fine point in her profession.

The teenager nodded her head when he asked if it was an alolan variant, most of the Pokemon that her parents owned where from Alola, so she obviously ended up with Alola pokemon as her starter pokemon. Not that she minded, she would love to go visit her Mother’s home region and do a journey there. Then he mentioned wanting a Pikachu of his own,”Definitely! Pikachu are just wonderful and amazing pokemon! If I could get a Pikachu for you I would, but I don’t know anything about breeding. And I haven’t done much catching in my life…” or any catching at all, She’s never been allowed to run off and catch wild pokemon before. So that was a new experience just waiting for her once she set off!

Ignoring that, she spoke up again, “There is nothing wrong with cute Pokemon, cute Pokemon can be just as strong as badass pokemon. You’ll just have to wipe the floor with them of anyone thinks otherwise.” she grinned as she said this, raising her arm and clenching her fist excitedly. Finally he started to think about her proposal, she guesses that it shouldn’t be too surprising that he’s never been asked to be painted. Photos and Videos were easy and quick ways to capture images, but painting is far more rewarding for her. She gets to make a piece of art that not only amazes other people, but make the subject look amazing as well.

”A battle? Of course! We’re always up for more training!” A battle was always a welcome thing for the girl, and despite her pokemon’s own personalities, they each find thrill in battle in his own way. Grim perked up at the mention of battling, looking over at the bartender with a slightly gleeful look. He was actually happy about the idea of hurting the other man’s pokemon, because if it's one thing he enjoys, it's causing pain. Nukki looked slightly interested, but showed no more than that. Now that she had the man’s approval, Lianaly set her large bag down and started to pull out a collapsible stand for her canvas. She set it up quickly, bouncing a little in anticipation, both of her boys left her shoulders, instead helping her get her art supplies ready. They set tools and paint bottles next to the stand, then sat back against the bag.

It took a while to get everything set up, she adjusted the stand until she got just the right angle. Then started to make a very quick and basic sketch of the area, she worked fluidly, making fine lines swiftly. Sketching was always the quickest and easiest part of drawing for her, her ability to put pen to paper and just go is incredibly appreciated in her line. Since she was just making the basic area, she didn’t bother making any bodies or fine details. She had to make it an angle where she had a clear shot of Adam and what he was doing. Maybe she should do him mid-flip as well, thoughts of his performance seeped back into her mind as she pondered.

As she did so, she also took the time to examine Adam down to the very small characteristic detail. She took in his face, the ways his jaw was shaped to the shape of his eyes, the way his hair was styled and the size of his ears. She made sure not to linger on each detail to long, she knows that some people are uncomfortable with being completely dissected by her searching gaze. Once she was finally done determining the possible shape of his inner structure (Yes, she does go that far, but at least she did it as fast as she could Aka pretty damn fast.), She started to make basic shapes for where he was going to be, the pose he was in, and all the other things she needed to think about. Going for a image of him tossing a bottle up into the sun with people watching in awe sounded nice, perhaps with more emphasis on the bottle with everything drawn towards it in perspective...
PM   
^
Adam Samak
 Posted: 7/5/17, 08:47 pm
Sev
67 posts
Pokémon Trainer

Adam made a mental note of the requested drinks and nodded. "Raspberry peach I can do, don't have any passion fruit with me but I'll make something work." He said, giving the Popplio a considering look. He could just give Nukki a cup since the Pikachu could hold it in his paws but he wasn't certain how the Popplio's drink should be served. Well, there was really only one way to find out, though he risked accidentally offending either the trainer or his pokemon...possibly both. "Not to sound like an ass but how should I serve Fossegrim? Nukki can hold a cup with his paws but a Popplio doesn't have paws it can hold things with. I didn't want to assume anything or upset him by serving him out of a bowl or something so...." He trailed off with a shrug. Whatever answer he got he would work with. He'd been serving lemonade to pokemon out of cups and bowls all day, this request would hardly be anything out of the ordinary.

Adam got a good chuckle out of the comment about 40 years olds acting 16. "Yeah but usually once you've hit forty you definitely look old enough to drink. If I'm not confident, I always ID my customers. It may take a bit longer for someone to get their drink while I make sure they're of legal age but I'd rather check than lose my job." Some of the other bartenders didn't and he knew of at least two who'd lost their jobs because of it. The offer to get him a Pikachu of his own was appreciated but he waved it off. "Thank you for the offer but I'll manage. Pikachu aren't exactly uncommon so it's just a matter of finding a breeder who can get me what I want." He had a couple feelers out to potential breeders in the hopes of finding one who had what he was looking for.

"Oh trust me, I intend to. Just got to get some of my team a bit more experience first. Hence my trip out here for training." His team wasn't the strongest at the gym but he could most certainly hold his own in a battle....as long as his opponent was also using pokemon that were relatively inexperienced. When Lian agreed to a battle, Adam smiled his signature mischievous smile. "Attractive as you are, I hope you don't think I'll go easy on you." It would be interesting to see if the kid had any other pokemon with him. If not, it'd be fairly easy to take out the Popplio. An electirc type would make short work of the water pokemon. The Pikachu would prove a bit problematic since he didn't have any pokemon that were naturally stronger than an electric type, but had plans to develop strategies and teach some of his pokemon moves to deal with that little hurdle.

With their agreement in place, Lian moved off to set up for his painting and Adam finished off the last of his lunch. Having had a brief rest, he was quite happy to get back to his show. The first drinks he made were, of course, the ones Lian had requested which he set off to the side of the table when he was finished with them so Lian could grab them whenever he felt like. That done, he continued to show off his skills until the last of his stuff was gone and he couldn't make anything more. He thanked anyone who'd stopped by to watch and graciously accepted any tips handed to him with a smile. As the crowd dispersed, Adam started his cleanup, packing away the remnants of his day's work. When he was finished, he settled back on the table and glanced toward Lian to see if the artist was finished with his work.

Lianaly Fox
(I didn't want to assume 'Lian' was finished with the painting or anything so I left that open for you. Adam is content to wait until the painting is finished so no worries if you want to have it take a bit longer to do. ^^)
PM   
^
Lianaly Fox
 Posted: 7/5/17, 09:40 pm
Rockfox
16 posts
Pokémon Trainer

Adam Samak

Fossegrim would snort at the man’s assumption that he couldn't hold a cup. His front flippers were perfectly fine graspers, he could hold a cup just as easily as Nukki. He pointed at Nukki then at himself with a annoyed nod, to show that what Nukki can do he can do as well. Lianaly herself wasn’t bother by the question and just said that a cup would do.

Lianaly openly snorted when Adam said he wasn’t going to go easy on her just because she's attractive, ”I be insulted if you tried to go easy on me for any reason, I like to fight my battles head-on, despite the disadvantages.” From what she saw, Adam seemed to have a great interest in electric types, since he paid so much attention to Nukki instead of her older pokemon. He also had that Dedenne, which she recognized as a electric type rodent, much like Pikachu. She knew Grim wasn't going to be effective against an electric type, but he did have other kinds of moves that could still be useful in battle. Nukki has a better chance at fighting on a even ground, but considering she only had her two boys, she was at a disadvantage.

Letting the anticipation of battle fade to the back of her mind, the girl began to fully sketch out her drawing, adding the crowd, the pokemon she remembered standing around, the plants and clouds that decorated the land and sky respectively. She thought about making the sun turn the sky more orange, like a sunset centered on the focus point. Something like that would be interesting and pleasing to the eye to look at. There was also the matter of what kind of texture styles she should use, but she thinks she has an idea….

Soon the think phase has passed and she finally started painting on the canvas, she worked in long, fluid strokes of someone who had done this for most of their life. Due to the quick drying paint, she was able to go from background to foreground, sky to ground in quick succession. She made sure to have the ground textured very carefully, using a mixture of dark and light browns to make it look like you can just step through the painting onto the pavement.

She made sure to shine pokemon carefully with light variants of their colors, to have everyone look as expressive as she remembered, the awe being extremely clear to see. She made extra sure that Adam looked good, confident, assured in his skills with a satisfied smirk. His Dedenne also watching his performance from a safe spot behind him, yet still clear in shot. She made the bottle colorful and glossy, and started to switch to white to put fine highlights exactly where they need to be.

Soon enough, the painting was done, and Lianaly stepped back to admire it fully, she grinned widely, checking it from all angles and carefully prodding it in certain spots to check for wetness or looseness. Once everything rang clear, Lianaly clapped her hands hard and gave a triumphant laugh, ”Wooo! That was so fun!” she said happily, her pokemon also looked up from their drinks, Grim still sipping his lemonade carefully from a cup. Finally noticing her own drink, Lianaly took it gratefully and took a long drink, sighing happily. ”So good~”

She started to pack up her painting supplies, seeing that Adam had finished with his own thing, she waved him over to come see the painting.
PM   
^
Adam Samak
 Posted: 7/15/17, 04:36 pm
Sev
67 posts
Pokémon Trainer

Adam nodded to the Popplio's miming and annoyed huffs, holding up his hands in a show of surrender. "Okay, I get it. I just didn't want to try and give you the wrong thing, you know? I always try to please my customers, even the pokemon ones." He said, trying to hide his amusement. He could have just assumed the Popplio would want a bowl and not bothered asking first. At the trainer's words n response to his comment he smirked. "I like your spirit, kid. Can't wait to see how you handle yourself in battle." Especially since he was at a disadvantage with at least one of his pokemon. That didn't mean Adam was guaranteed to win. It all depended on how he fared against the Pikachu. And one of his pokemon that needed the most training was a water type. He could try and use her anyway, a loss was still battle experience after all, but he'd just have to see how things played out.

He glanced up when Lian motioned him over and joined the other trainer by the easel. The painting was finished and it was...stunning. "That is really cool. Look Corona, even you're in it." He said, indicating the image of the little electric mouse. Corona squeaked excitedly and bounced on his shoulder, happy to see that she'd been included. He took another few minutes to admire the painting while Lian and his pokemon finished their drinks. He even took a picture of it to send to his mom and brother later. "You mind if I put this up on the internet? You'd get credit, of course." He questioned, knowing that putting someone else's work up without their permission would be incredibly rude. He knew his mom and brother wouldn't, especially if he told them the artist had asked them not to, so he didn't have any worries about sharing it with family.

When everyone was finally finished with their cups, Adam glanced at the open area of grass around them. Sure, there was a battle field on the other side of the park but he didn't feel like going over there. "There's plenty of space here whenever you're ready to start our battle. I've got enough pokemon to cover anything from a one on one to a full team of six. So whatever you'd like to do I can match it." He explained, still debating which of his pokemon he actually wanted to use.

Lianaly Fox
PM   
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Options    Reply   New Topic   New Poll   

RPG-D  FF:Adventu PLEDGE -- a pokémon roleplay
Pokemon: Forever Forgotten Pokemon: Terrene Kaleidoscope