paradise • a pokémon adventure
cbox

welcome

Established in July 2014, Paradise is a pokémon role-play community that’s all about getting back to the basics. With a simplified training system, we focus more on writing than grinding for levels. Join us today and begin your adventure in the Eden region!

information

Getting Started Setting Information Trainer Classes Game Mechanics Field Guide Eden League Rules & FAQ

updates

December 25 – Merry Christmas and happy holidays to all those celebrating! There's been an update regarding the open gym and elite positions, so please check out this thread if you think you might be interested in applying for a spot! Here's wishing you all a happy new year~!

shortcuts

Training Log Wild Encounters Breeding Records Adoption Center Face Claims Player Directory Open Threads

Reply   New Topic   

Unusual Circumstances, Dakota needs some help...
Dakota Gilbert
 Posted: 12/19/17, 03:35 pm
Lisa
108 posts
Pokémon Trainer

"HELP!! ANYBODY, PLEASE!!" her voice echoed through the trees. Yeah right, like anyone is going to hear you out here, she thought. Her heard was practically pounding out of her chest. Sweat dripped from her forehead as she ran, as fast as she could, down the trail. Her adrenaline rush was fading, and if she didn't find help soon she wasn't going to make it much farther. He was getting away.

Her thoughts flashed back to when she first met Khione. She was an unusually colored Vulpix, all white with light blue accents on her feet and face. Her fur was curly and her eyes were blue, and as an ice-type she was the exact opposite of Dakota's other Vulpix Vesta, who was fire-type. When she introduced the two, they became best friends almost instantly. The two are inseparable. Well, normally. This was an unusual circumstance, obviously.

Vesta let out a cry, the agony enough to break Dakota's heart. The fire fox followed closely behind her as they ran. Dakota couldn't believe they were even doing this right now. How could she be so stupid? The "lost" traveler on the pathway wasn't really lost, and he was only interested in the silver fox because he planned to steal her. This was exactly the reason why Dakota had a hard time trusting strangers.

A single tear fell down her cheek. Her legs began to feel weak, and the traveler was nowhere in sight. Would she ever see Khione again? Was she really gone in a split second, just like that? It hurt her heart to even think about what was going to happen to her now. Just then, as Dakota rounded a corner of the trail, a figure caught her attention up ahead. The uniform suggested it was not the evil traveler from before. Regardless, this person might be able to help. "Excuse me!!" she called out as she approached, "Have you seen a man running by here? Black shirt and jeans, kind of tall?" she asked, barely even able to breathe enough to ask.

Steven Willbern
(OOC: I am SO very sorry this took so long. Despite being done with classes, I've been trying to catch up at work and I've also gotten together with family twice already for Christmas stuff. Hope this is okay, let me know if I need to make any adjustments!)
PM   Email
^
Steven Willbern
 Posted: 12/20/17, 10:54 pm
Quass
19 posts
Pokémon Ranger

Today was a fantastic day for Steven. He had managed to study quite a wide variety of Pokemon and in fact, a couple of his sketch was lying around where he was sitting. Some of them were more detailed the others. One particular sheet didn't fit with the whole plethora of Hoothoot, Spinarak, Pidgey, and Wurmple. It was a graph sheet with well-detailed numbers, his latest work. It was quiet around him, aside from the rustling of the leaves. Steven enjoyed these moments of silence. He could freely relax and as much as he enjoys his job, it was very rare for him to slack off.

He was on double duty after all. As per his supervisor's order, he was to study the Pokemon of Hawthorn Woods. His second duty was the find and apprehend the Elusive Traveler. So nicknamed because that person pretended to be lost in these wood and requested assistance from passerby. It was quite a simple ploy to get the intended target to drop its guard in order to steal their Pokemon. It was, in all angle, a simple case the fix. The main problem was the lack of information. It would seem the culprit had an average looking face with no unusual quirk or characteristic. It operated randomly and was quite fast at getting away, whether it was successful with his plan or not. The mind of an coniving expert or that of a coward? Steven couldn't come up with a solid conclusion.

He was going to start meditating when he heard the sound of a footstep, preceded by the heavy breathing of a person. It was a plain-looking trainer, from the looks of it. An immediate though cross Steven's mind while he got back on his feet but he quickly buried it. That would be far too...coincidental. Then man slowly stops running, trying to catch his breath while speaking to the ranger.

"Thank...huff...Arceus...huff...I made it." The man was clutching a white fox...nay, an unknown Pokemon was clutched between the man's arm. It was visibly trying to get off the man's hold. That didn't help much with Steven's initial thought and the ranger was now frowning, perplexed.

"Hey, calm down Kiros. Everything's fine...huff...we finally manage to do it. We successfully escaped from the fang of that terrible poacher...." said the man while holding the fox Pokemon high in front of him, extending his arm. An expression full of relief on his face.

Steven eye's open for a moment but his expression quickly went back to its previous state when he saw the fox bite it's owner and ran off behind a tree, into bushes to hide. The man yelled out a responding painfull cry after the initial bite. Steven wasn't sure about the meaning behind the word do it. Was it relief because he finally found salvation in the form of the ranger. Or was it something else?

"Care to explain why your Pokemon is so scared?" Steven said once he was done watching the show.

"Excuse me, sir. Kiros is little shy around strangers and he's been recently caught...so he's still a little bit wild with me.''
Said the man while walking toward the bushes. Steven kept his attention on him, turning around on the spot to get a better look at the man. He quite plain looking. Shabby, to say the least. Wearing some used black shirt and some dirty jeans. He was around the same age as Steven, but the ranger was dwarfing him by a couple of inches. He seems...experienced. Someone who was to what he was doing. Steven had to admit that each Pokemon was different and you had to adapt to the personality of the new Pokemon...but...something felt off.

"That's half the explanation, citizen. Who's this poacher your talking about? What does he or she look like?" Said Steven with a serious tone. He wanted a straight answer. You can't blindly accuse someone. Normally the ranger would rush to the rescue but there was not ongoing alert about a poacher on his receiver. That thing would be howling right now if it were so. Well, if any well-respected trainer was knowledgeable enough to think about the ranger's emergency line. Steven unconsciously but his left index on his chin, adopting is usual inquisitive look.

"Right. It's a punk like a woman. Roughly your age. She's got a tattoo on her right arm. Oh and army boots up to her knees...oh and her nostril his pierced. Frankly, you can't miss her....here Kiros. Come here boy'' said the man without paying too much attention to the ranger. Busy as he was with the bushes, he didn't see the look of annoyance that was keeping up on the ranger's face. Steven's opinion of this guy was quickly going downhill. He stomped the ground rapidly with his left foot, trying to get the man attention. He was also secretly sending a signal to one of his nearby allies, too. It was rhythmic stamping, after all.

That's...a detailed outlook off your assailant. Which mean, you've studied her for a while. Normally, a panicked trainer would only provide a vague description, except for some rare case.

Steven issued a slight cough, trying to get that man's attention.
"In any case, you will need to provide your name in order for me to complete my investigation on your behalf, sir.'' The last work was accentuated by Steven growing impatience. The man didn't seem to respond, busy as he was with his search. ''I was just strolling along in those woods when I met up with that strange woman. She seems lost so I decided to help like the good samaritan that I am...and did you know how she repaid me? By trying to steal Kiros under my nose.'' Steven was about to walk toward him and knock some sense out of him when he heard...the footstep of a person followed by yet more heavy breathing. It was a woman this time. And quite a familiar sight, judging by the previous description of the man. She apparently couldn't see the man, because Steven was standing right in front of him.

Walking off a little to the side, Steven pointed at the fellow who was crouched down, deep under the bushes.

"You mean him?" said Steven with slight exasperation. He clicked his tongue while stomping for one last time. Before the man couldn't even manage to react, a Seviper half the size of him quickly got the jump on him. The fierce-looking snake coiled strongly against his body, quickly depriving him of his breathing, yet again. He was slammed down on his back and out of the bushes. His face exposed.

"Woah...erf...what the heck are you doing. She's the culprit...how dare you f..."
the rest of his sentence was ended by the tightening of the snake Pokemon hold.

"Careful, she doesn't like strong words. Now, be wise and keep quiet. You!'' said, Steven, while pointing at the young woman. "Care to you explain your side of the story. Hopefully, you'll be more cooperative than this man. His behavior is quite suspicious, as much as your appearance his. But to be fair, you look more shaken than he his." said Steven with a smirk. The ranger was ignoring the protest of the Seviper newfound prey. He also decided to cut some slack on the newcomer, since he could see her despair.

Dakota Gilbert
(OCC: Hope I'm not going too fast.)
PM   
^
Dakota Gilbert
 Posted: 12/23/17, 08:38 pm
Lisa
108 posts
Pokémon Trainer

The adrenaline rush had faded and exhaustion kicked in. Dakota had to lean forward and balance herself with her hands on her knees, taking in deep breaths. Her legs trembled slightly, which only she was aware of. As she was catching her breath, the man answered her with a, "You mean him?" His response snapped her attention back to the scene around her and her eyes hurried to scan the area. Sure enough, there he was, kneeling before a row of bushes.

Before she could speak, think, or even scream at the perpetrator, a large Seviper appeared out of nowhere and slammed into the man, wrestling him to the ground. Dakota stood up straight, feeling both relieved and panicked at the same time. Where was Khione?? She didn't see the little silver Vulpix anywhere, and was beginning to worry something happened to her. There was a huge snake that could have easily made a meal of her after all.

The man asked her for some information. He explained that the thief had seemed suspicious and that he wasn't sure who was telling the truth. The stress of everything hit Dakota like a truck just then and tears began to well up in her eyes. "This man stole my poor Khione from me. He lied and told me he was lost. I told him he could walk with me since I know where I'm going, and suddenly he grabbed her and-" Her words were cut off, because as soon as the word "Khione" was out of her mouth, the small silver Vulpix appeared from the bushes and leaped into her arms.

Relief overwhelmed her. Dakota broke down and started to cry now that her sweet little girl was back in her arms. Vesta, her other Vulpix, appeared from behind her and let out a happy squeal. Khione licked Dakota's cheek. "Thank goodness you're okay!!" she cried, squeezing both Vulpix in her arms. She looked up at the man, face red with embarrassment from crying. "Thank you so very much for getting her back."

The thief struggled in the Seviper's arms. Dakota eyed him, taking in his physical and facial features in case she needed to testify against him in the near future. Anger began to build up in her again now that her girls were safe. "Whatever he said is a lie. I can prove it." Dakota said, and knelt down to set both Vulpix on the ground. She reached into the small side pocket of her shoulder bag and pulled out two pokéballs. One was painted a deep, blood red color and the other was a shade of greyish blue. With the tap of a finger, each of her Vulpix returned safely to their pokéballs.

A smug expression spread across her face. If that didn't prove she owned them, nothing would. This man had to believe her. She wiped the tears from her cheeks with her hands, still a little embarrassed. Dakota rarely ever cried, let alone showed any sort of weakness in emotion. The stress and frustration of what had happened had overwhelmed her, and the relief of seeing her Khione safe pushed her over the edge. Now that her pokémon were safe, it was time to step back up and be ready for whatever came next.

Steven Willbern
(Sorry this took so long. So much going on. -_- I REALLY liked your response though! Haha... and, I had another idea for something little we could add to the thread, I'll PM you about it!)
PM   Email
^
Steven Willbern
 Posted: 1/4/18, 09:26 pm
Quass
19 posts
Pokémon Ranger

He was young. Some would say inexperienced and is plain look didn't help much in that regard. That's why he was able to go everywhere. That's why they had hired him. He wanted to prove himself. He was tired of his old job at the iron mines. He was tired of his miserable life. Monotonous. He almost felt like a robot back then. So, when the Rocket Admin told them they need a spy of some sort, someone who knew the place and could help kick-start a project, he immediately jumps the gun on this offer. Oh, he had tried to reach out to NightShade before, but he had failed to even meet somebody.

From his past understanding, it was they who would meet with a potential candidate. The advantages provided by Team Rocket would be better, they had assured him. He just needed to do a little job, before they hired him. And that was to steal a few Pokemon. At the beginning, he wasn't sure he was cut out for the job. But after a few successful runs, his confidence grew out and he got bolder. His latest heist was...standing not too far from him, while he was pinned down by an angry snake. He may have been able to fool that young and naive girl...but he wasn't able to fool that younger ranger. It was not a sequence of event that he expected.

What can't of training did he went through so that he can...never mind. My fault. I wasn't expecting one of them soon. I grew too nervous for nothing. The least I can do now is not sell my employes. Maybe they will get me out jail since I've done a fine job so far. Well, maybe I can get Nat to help me.

Steven watched patiently has Frida's prey try to struggle against its scaly imprisonment. The ranger was slightly disappointed when he saw the man relaxed and get himself completely caught.

Something still not right with that man. I wonder...

Steven was used to having a hard time at capturing crooks. Well, the did say it was an easy mission, but things...were too coincidental. The ranger attention went back to the new girl. Or woman, to be more precise. She was a bit self-conscious. Her outward appearance suggests she didn't use to show so many emotions. Or maybe her emotions were in constant conflict? In any case, she was grateful to him. He grew slightly nervous when he saw the Vulpix. It was quite normal. The last time he saw one...well, let's just it didn't end well for him. He had a burn scar to prove it.

But the fox Pokemon seem in good care now and so was the icy counterpart. Steven spent a couple a minute observing it, showing a rare, warm smile, when the trainer and her Pokemon were reunited.

"It looks like you won't be able to lie out of your current predicament, Mister I can't tell the difference between a male Pokemon and female Pokemon,"
said Steven with a smirk while taking out a pair of handcuffs.

"You, are you a psychic!?!?." said that man while getting yanked around and put on his stomach by the Seviper. His hand was exposed and Steven quickly and expertly puts the handcuffs on him. It didn't take much time like the range was an everyday occurrence.

"Seeevippperrr" The Seviper hissed proudly. Frida had remained quiet and focused so far. Not making any noise, but now she wanted her reward. She had shown great discipline thus far, as the proud Snake Pokemon hold herself back from carving the poor Elusive Stranger with her knife like tail.

Steven quickly acknowledges it's partner by slightly patting Frida on the head with his right hand while his left hand quickly fetch a pre-cooked piece of meat from of his many pockets of his outfit.
The Seviper eagerly want for the meat, almost swallowing the ranger's hand along the way. Busy with its new prey, the Ranger was once again free to deal with its quarry.

"You could say that, but then again, that would be wrong." said the ranger now with a serious tone and dead pane face. "It's just not your lucky day. I doubt you're just alone on this, Alex."

"You..." said the man called Alex, a certain trace of panic could be heard in his voice. It didn't help much when he saw his previous victim pull her two lupin Pokemon back into her pokéballs. She had a smug expression. "What kind of monster are you?"

Steven smirked, a proud look on his face. "Me? I'm just a normal ranger. Part of my job is noticing details. Small details. Like the fact that you were very descriptive about her, while most common folks out there would be lucky to give a vague description about their assailants. What to know another fact? You fail to answer any of my previous questions. That's a rookie mistake. Your probably just cannon fodder while the real culprit is pulling the string behind your back."

"What? That's...it's...your just trying to deceive me. They said they will be there to cover my back, that if anything happens to me..." said Alex while clearly panicking. ''That they would get you out of jail. That you will be part of the team. Right?" completed Steven with a monotonous tone.

"You...are you with them?" said the would-be Elusive Stranger.

What follows what an explosive laugh out of the ranger. "You have to be kidding me, right? Double agent. Hey, lass, I'm a double agent 072, Steven Willbern. I'm part of Nightshade and I'm here to clean up after his mess. " said, Steven while cackling and laughing madly like an evil genius. Frida rolled her eye's while hissing with disappointment. Her partner was such a bad actor.

"Yeah. Like I would join a team with the one responsible for bringing harm to innocents bystanders. Funny thing is, you don't look like someone who would make the cut and join Nightshade. I wonder." said Steven while looking at the young lass near him. Alex had a disgruntled expression on his face and it looks like Steven wouldn't be able to get anything out of him for a while.

"What's your name lass? I'll have to fill in a report, no matter what, soo may as well get this out of the way." said the ranger with a smile.
PM   
^
Dakota Gilbert
 Posted: 1/16/18, 08:29 pm
Lisa
108 posts
Pokémon Trainer

What happened next was somewhat of a blur. Now that both her little Vulpix were safe, relief came over her and brought exhaustion with it. The adrenaline and straight mile run she just completed caught up with her. She could hear her rescuer talking, or rather interrogating, his prisoner.

Dakota ended up taking a seat where she was standing. Her clothes were already dirty and sweaty from chasing after this man, what was a little more dirt on her behind? After taking a hand and wiping the sticky hair away from her forehead, she took in a deep breath and let out a sigh. She watched as the Seviper wrestled the man into a position that made his hands easily accessible to the other man's handcuffs. They argued some more, but Dakota's focus drifted off to what she was going to do next and how she was going to get back to town.

Suddenly, the word "Nightshade" was spoken and her attention snapped back to the two men. The knight in shining armor was named Steven, and he was clearly on the opposing side of the crime syndicate. Dakota kept a straight face, choosing not to react to Steven's sarcasm or joke about Nightshade. Instead, she focused her attention on the man in handcuffs. She studied his appearance, his hair and eye color, everything. Perhaps later she might get a chance to interrogate him herself, only from his side.

Steven interrupted her thoughts once again by asking her name. Her focus shifted to the tall man and she forced a slight smile. "I'm Dakota. Dakota Gilbert." she answered, and just for good measure (and to avoid any chance of suspicion) she glared at the prisoner angrily. If at some point she ended up alone with this fellow, she might ask him a few questions. Until then, she very much hated him.

Whatever Steven needed her to do, she'd do. The quicker this extravaganza was over, the quicker she could get home. This day had taken a drastic turn for the worse, and all Dakota wanted right now was to head back to town and hit up the closest bar she could find. A few drinks would do the trick, and she could head home and pass out and forget all about this wretched day. At least until the morning. Her body ached, so she knew it wouldn't take much for her to fall asleep once her head hit the pillow.

Steven Willbern
(It's not nearly as long as yours, but hopefully it suffices. Sorry it took so long, I didn't see you had replied! Don't forget to tag me so I get notified! ^.^)
PM   Email
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Options    Reply   New Topic   

RPG-D FF:Adventu PLEDGE -- a pokémon roleplay Pokemon: Forever Forgotten
Pokemon: Terrene Kaleidoscope