paradise • a pokémon adventure
cbox

welcome

Established in July 2014, Paradise is a pokémon role-play community that’s all about getting back to the basics. With a simplified training system, we focus more on writing than grinding for levels. Join us today and begin your adventure in the Eden region!

information

Getting Started Setting Information Trainer Classes Game Mechanics Field Guide Eden League Rules & FAQ

updates

January 31 – Howdy, folks! We've still got a few Gym Leader/Eden Elite positions open, so if you think you might be interested in filling one of these key roles on the site, please check out this thread for more information!

shortcuts

Training Log Wild Encounters Breeding Records Adoption Center Face Claims Player Directory Open Threads

Reply   New Topic   

A Blessing in Disguise, [Closed for Isilme]
Aria Wolfe
 Posted: 9/9/17, 09:03 pm
Lisa
217 posts
Pokémon Trainer

The little round bird squirmed in her arms. "I know, I know! We're almost there, I promise." Aria assured the rather petite little female Natu she was carrying. The distance from the Inn to the town center was farther than she had anticipated, and if she didn't hurry she might miss their scheduled meeting time. The Natu settled at the sound of her soft words, and Aria pressed on down the brick pathways. About a zillion thoughts were running through her mind right now, causing her to be very distracted.

This Natu, whom she had been calling Ayasha since she befriended her in the Plumeria Jungle ruins, has been living at her rescue in Sycamore Springs for several months now. Aria never used her in battle, nor did she really travel with her, but that didn't mean she wasn't attached. Ayasha was a friendly greeting every morning, a pretty song while she did yard work, and an ear to listen when Aria wanted to rant about her day. Aria adored having her there whenever she needed a little friend, but the benefits were one-sided. Poor Ayasha went days without getting attention sometimes, especially during the more busy periods around the hospital. She never got to leave the rescue and the only exercise she got was any flying around she did on her own.

Aria knew it was in her best interest to find Ayasha a new home, one where she could get some one-on-one training. The Natu was rather strong for her size, and Aria knew she had much greater potential that was definitely not being fulfilled at the rescue. So, ignoring the heart ache she felt, she posted an ad for her adoption. She didn't receive any inquiries at first, and Aria would never admit it, but she was glad that perhaps the Natu was destined to stay with her forever. About two weeks after the ad was posted however, a gentleman inquired by phone and asked to set up a meeting. Aria agreed, and scheduled a meeting here in Hinoki Village at the village square at exactly Noon.

Here they were, finally. The square was busy, with lots of people bustling about and buying from the small shops that lined the streets. This was nothing, to Aria anyway. She was here over the summer for the Cherry Blossom Festival and boy were the streets crowded then. She worked her way through the lines of people to the center where a fountain stood. The Natu squirmed again and Aria finally gave up. "Okay fine!" she blurted out, and set Ayasha down on the fountain rim where she took a seat as well. Aria glanced at her watch, which read 12:12 pm. She frowned, and opened up her pokégear messages to check for any new ones. Nope, all she saw was her last message to him that stated she was running late. He hadn't answered.

Ayasha pecked at the cement fountain rim, not picking up anything in particular, just being a bird. Aria scanned her surroundings and checked her watch again, beginning to worry. 12:22 pm. Don't worry just yet, maybe he was running late too, she thought to herself. Why hadn't he answered her message at least? It's not like she kept him waiting all that long, really. Was this her fault? She frowned. A slight splash from behind her suggested that Ayasha had hopped down into the shallow water of the fountain. Without even looking, Aria just rolled her eyes and smiled. She was going to miss this spunky little girl.

12:45 pm. Still no sign of the man with the black suit and purple bandanna. He said he was here in Hinoki on business, and in order to be able to tell the difference between him and every other businessmen, he'd wear a purple bandanna around his neck. Ayasha had finished her bath in the fountain and was now perched on Aria's lap again, snuggling down into the folds of her sundress. Aria's heart ached. Not only had this man completely wasted her time, but Ayasha's as well. She traveled all the way Sycamore Springs to meet this fellow, the least he could do was message her and explain what had happened. "Five more minutes, girl. If there's still no sign of him, we'll start heading back..." she explained, pouting. She felt Ayasha let out a sigh.

Isilme Veresi
(Hope you don't mind, I went ahead and started it and ran with it. Let me know if I need to change anything!)
PM   Email
^
Isilme Veresi
 Posted: 10/13/17, 05:16 pm
Sev
12 posts
Gym Leader

Isilme didn't normally mind when things didn't go as planned. Sometimes things happened and things fell apart. But sometimes someone screwed up so badly they needed to be taught a lesson so that it never happened again. Such was the case today. She'd sent a small group of grunts to track down some valuable information for her. They found it...but one was in a hurry to get back and didn't check for alarms or any other sort of security. The tomes and scrolls she had sent them to obtain were destroyed in the ensuing escape.

After the briefing, she had asked the one to stay and sent the others on their way back to headquarters to report their failure to a higher power than herself. But this one...she was capable of taking care of him on her own. After gathering a bit more information, he had outlived his usefulness and been sent on his way. He would eventually meet an unfortunate 'accident' involving an herb he was extremely allergic to and his cup of tea.

Isilme, of course, had at least found something worth using in his excuses for failing their objective. A meeting set for noon involving the adoption of a Natu. It was already half-past but perhaps she might catch the woman he was supposed to meet and be able to obtain the psychic bird for herself instead. Dressed in a lovely purple kimono, Isilme headed for the fountain not far from her shop. As luck would have it, there was someone sitting there with a Natu on their lap. Perhaps this was the woman the meeting was supposed to be with. With her story already in mind, Isilme approached with a polite, curious smile. "Pardon me...are you, by chance, supposed to be meeting with a gentleman named Takeshi? He may have given his name as Taki as well. He prefers that over his full name." She questioned, hoping she was right. If so, she was sure she could weave a good enough story to convince the woman to give her the Natu.

Aria Wolfe
PM   
^
Aria Wolfe
 Posted: 10/25/17, 02:10 pm
Lisa
217 posts
Pokémon Trainer

She was just about to stand up and leave when a woman approached her. The woman was about equal in height, with long blue hair that practically reached the ground. She wore a beautiful purple kimono, Aria's favorite color. Aria couldn't help but stare at her wide-eyed for a few seconds before the question the woman asked broke through to her subconscious. Aria blinked and cleared her throat before answering. "I uh- I mean, yes. Actually, I am waiting for a man named Taki. He was supposed to be here over 45 minutes ago." she explained, not even trying to hide the anger in her voice at the last part of that sentence.

"Do you know him? Did something happen?" she asked, realizing that maybe she should withstand from being angry until she had a reason for his cancelling. She would feel awful if he had been in an accident or something. What if this was his wife? What if she was looking for him too? A small amount of panic rushed over her as she waited for the woman to respond. Ayasha chirped and wiggled in her arms nervously, unsure of the stranger before them and feeling the tension in the air. Aria's arms tightened around her and she settled.

Isilme Veresi
(Sorry it's short! Haha... wasn't sure what else she could do until Isilme states her business, lol)
PM   Email
^
Isilme Veresi
 Posted: 11/10/17, 04:40 pm
Sev
12 posts
Gym Leader

Ah. Luck was on her side today, it seemed. This was indeed the woman 'Taki' was supposed to have met. Which meant that Natu was the one that was supposedly up for adoption. Perfect. The woman was, understandably, annoyed that the man had never showed up. But she also seemed worried that something had happened and that her anger was misplaced. An interesting mix. Isilme gave the woman a deep bow and looked quite apologetic as she spoke. "Yes, I know him. Taki is my husband. You have my deepest and sincerest apologies for the delay but he got caught up in meetings at work and couldn't get away. He wouldn't have even sent me but he couldn't find anyone else to cover for him. You see, he said he'd arranged this as sort of a surprise and honestly didn't even tell me what I was doing, just that I should meet a woman with a Natu by the fountain." She explained, as she straightened from her bow. She refrained from saying more, not wanting to seem too eager or to say too much that might make the woman suspicious. No, for now she'd hope that story would be enough of a cover to at least get things moving and she could work from there.

Aria Wolfe

(Heh, sorry this is kinda short as well. Didn't want her to seem too forward about trying to get the Natu or something, lol.)
PM   
^
Aria Wolfe
 Posted: 11/12/17, 10:46 am
Lisa
217 posts
Pokémon Trainer

Aria's eyebrows furrowed as the woman explained what had happened. Relief swept over Aria that the man was alright, although the annoyance crept back in that he had kept her waiting so long. He was stuck in meetings? Why did he schedule this meet up then, if he knew he had meetings today that might take too long? Why not schedule this meeting on his day off? Whatever, she thought, shrugging it off. Sometimes things just don't go as planned, so perhaps that was he was feeling right now as well.

Taki was her husband? Interesting. Aria never would have guessed that, the two seemed drastically different. However, Aria was no judge. Sometimes opposites attract. And the fact that he had sent her in place of him suggested they at least knew each other and trusted each other. Again, Aria did not judge. Instead, she offered the woman a gentle smile. "Aww, well tell him I'm sorry we weren't able to meet." she offered. A feeling of uneasiness came over her as she thought about what to do next. The woman suggested that her husband planned to adopt the Natu as a surprise for her. If that were the case, Aria could easily hand over the Natu and call it a day, right?

Something just didn't feel right, though. What if this woman was lying? What if she wasn't in fact Taki's wife? What if Aria handed over the Natu, and later received a call from Taki apologizing for the delay and asking to meet once more? That wouldn't be possible, would it? Aria took a moment to ponder, which probably felt really awkward to both of them. If Taki wasn't in a meeting right now, Aria would ask the woman to call him just to confirm, before Aria handed over her pokémon. Then, an idea crossed her mind.

"You'll have to forgive me. You see, Taki was going to meet me here to adopt this Natu." she explained, and Ayasha sqeaked in her arms. "There is a form he would need to sign before I could hand her over, just a confirmation form that he indeed assumes responsibility of this pokémon after I trust it in his care. I suppose, if you are married, you could sign the paperwork for him... it just, makes me a little nervous..." her voice trailed off. This situation felt unusual, but perhaps it was just Aria's annoyance for having to wait so long. She should just let this wife have her surprise and be on her way.

Isilme Veresi
(Hope this is okay! I wanted it to be a little uneasy, like Aria senses that something is up but she tends to be too trusting of strangers so as long as Isilme insists, Aria will let her sign the paper and take the Natu. ^.~)
PM   Email
^
Isilme Veresi
 Posted: 11/22/17, 11:08 am
Sev
12 posts
Gym Leader

Isilme could practically see the thoughts spinning in the other woman's head. She had to be careful. One wrong word or move could have everything fall apart on her. She kept her expression pleasant and polite, but neutral. No fear, no worry, no eager glances of desire toward the little psychic ball of feathers. "Of course. I know he's quite upset with his bosses for keeping him. These meetings were supposed to be scheduled for Friday, not today. They changed things last minute and, well, one cannot simply disobey their superiors and not expect consequences." She said with an air of resignation that suggested such a thing had happened before and there wasn't much that could be done about it.

Still, it seemed like the woman was suspicious. Not overly so, she wasn't demanding to see proof or to just reschedule the meeting. But she was taking time to think things over. Isilme could admire someone who took a moment to consider if someone was lying, but there was just an air of innocence around the woman. Isilme was sure that if she kept pushing in the direction she wanted this to go she'd get what she wanted with few questions asked.

After a few moments, the woman spoke again and acted as though she hadn't already known that was what this meeting was all about. "To adopt-?" She glanced down at the Natu and smiled fondly. "He knows I've always wanted a Natu. They're such sweet little things. So that was the surprise he was talking about. He must have decided to get her to congratulate me on my promotion. " She gave a small laugh before glancing back up with a smile, hoping to give that last little nudge to ease whatever suspicion the woman had. Of course, she would wait to say that the 'promotion' she was talking about was being chosen as the new gym leader. If asked, that would be her trump card. Gym Leaders were trustworthy. Surely one wouldn't practically steal a pokemon from anyone.

The form would only be a problem if the woman decided to try and look into whether or not 'Taki' was married to whoever had signed the paper. Of course, since she knew Takeshi wasn't even his real name she wasn't overly concerned. Of course, none of her information mentioned being married either but the gym had yet to update their records and still listed the former gym leader's information anywhere one might look. So she was safe for the time being. "I understand. But how else would I know to find a woman with a Natu if I hadn't heard it from Taki? Any normal day I would have just continued about my business." She questioned with a little smile and a nod. "Still, if it makes you nervous I suppose we could reschedule. Its just too bad this little bird will have to wait another day for her new home." She glanced again at the Natu, wondering if she could somehow get it to do something to help. "May I at least hold her for a moment? She looks so precious I can't wait to start getting to know her." She wouldn't try to force the issue of signing the paperwork. But perhaps the woman would feel bad about making the Natu wait any longer to be adopted.

Aria Wolfe
PM   
^
Aria Wolfe
 Posted: 12/1/17, 12:37 pm
Lisa
217 posts
Pokémon Trainer

(Isilme Veresi, this is awesome, lol! I love this tension, because Aria is such a trusting person so the pressure put on her will make her cave and that's perfect. Thanks!)

The uneasy feeling Aria was feeling drifted away as soon as the woman explained what happened in detail. It was not at all Taki's fault, apparently his bosses moved the meetings around and he had no choice but to participate. Aria could sympathize with that, though an email warning her that he might get stuck in the meetings would have been nice. Oh well. The woman went on to explain that she had recently been promoted, and that she was sure Taki meant for the Natu to be a surprise congratulations present.

Aria felt relieved. It was a tricky situation, but it was neither of their faults. "It's okay, I understand how frustrating that can be. Congratulations on your promotion, though! That's so exciting!" she said with a wide smile. The woman was already showing concern for the Natu's well-being, and that helped with Aria's apprehensiveness. "Of course you can hold her!" she offered, and carefully held out Ayasha, balancing her round body in her hands. She peeped a little happy peep as if to say, "Nice to meet you!"

Once her hands were free, Aria would dig the form out from her bag and grab a pen. It was clear to her that this really was just a hiccup in Taki's plans. It was no problem at all to have his wife sign the form in his absence. The woman was right, Ayasha deserved her forever home and Aria didn't want to make the adoption process any more complicated than it needed to be. "Here. If you don't mind, just sign this form that states you agree to take responsibility for her and I'll be on my way! Sorry for any inconvenience." she explained, holding out the paper and pen.
PM   Email
^
Isilme Veresi
 Posted: 12/15/17, 02:26 pm
Sev
12 posts
Gym Leader

And just like that, Isilme knew she had won. It hadn't even required much preparation to pull off. All she'd needed was a simple story, one that would be easy to stick to, and just the right amount of pressure applied at the right times. If only every job was this easy. Alas, not everyone was quite as trusting at this woman seemed to be. "Thank you. It's not something I thought I was ready for but when the former gym leader stepped down and they started looking at the gym trainers to replace her, the league officials must have seen something they liked. It's a big responsibility but I've met more difficult challenges in life than this. Taki is one of them." She said with a laugh as she accepted the little Natu. "Oh, you're such a sweet thing aren't you?" She cooed, stroking the Natu's headfeathers.

As the paperwork was held out to her, Isilme adjusted the Natu in her arms until she moved up to perch on Isilme's shoulder. With her hands free, Isilme could accept the paperwork. She gave it a quick look over, noting important bits of information, before signing her name where it was indicated. "There we go. Everything should be in order now. Is there any sort of fee for the adoption or has Taki taken care of that already?" She questioned, holding the form back out toward the woman. "If you'd ever like to check up on this little dear please feel free to stop by the Hinoki Gym. If I'm not there someone will know where to find me." She added, hoping to bypass any ideas the woman might have about contacting Taki to check up on how the Natu was doing. He, of course, wouldn't know...assuming he survived his little accident. He should, she'd made it clear the goal was simply to prove to him she could do what she wanted with him and no one would ever know she was involved. It was, as she put it, 'a last warning to ensure he doesn't make the same mistake twice'.

Aria Wolfe

(And I think one more post from you can probably end this one yeah? Unless you think there's more to do but I don't really see Isilme inviting Aria out for tea or anything, lol. xD)
PM   
^
Aria Wolfe
 Posted: 12/19/17, 02:58 pm
Lisa
217 posts
Pokémon Trainer

The woman really did seem to like the little Natu. All Aria ever wanted was to give her orphaned pokémon good homes. Watching the woman pet little Ayasha on the head gave her good warm fuzzy feelings, and she was happy for them. Taki being stuck in meetings was unfortunate, but Aria couldn't justify keeping the Natu away from its new home simply because of that. Things seemed to be working out for the best regardless.

Aria watched closely as the woman signed the adoption papers. "Nope! No fee!" she answered. She quickly gathered the paper and pen, tore off the bottom copy, and shoved the top copy into the folder in her bag. She handed the bottom copy back to the woman with a polite smile. "This copy is yours. My contact information is listed at the bottom should you have any questions or concerns." she explained.

She slung her bag over her shoulder once more, and offered a kind smile. "You two already look so happy together! I'm so glad." she said. It pained her only a little bit to leave the little bird. It always pained her to say goodbye, but she knew she couldn't keep all of the pokémon she rescued, she'd run out of room! "Take care!" she said, giving the Natu one last pet on the head before turning to leave. Aria blinked back a tear, forcing a smile and wishing the two the very best.

-End-

Isilme Veresi
(I'm good with it if you are! Thanks again~)
PM   Email
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Options    Reply   New Topic   

RPG-D FF:Adventu PLEDGE -- a pokémon roleplay Pokemon: Forever Forgotten
Pokemon: Terrene Kaleidoscope