paradise • a pokémon adventure
cbox

welcome

Established in July 2014, Paradise is a pokémon role-play community that’s all about getting back to the basics. With a simplified training system, we focus more on writing than grinding for levels. Join us today and begin your adventure in the Eden region!

information

Getting Started Setting Information Trainer Classes Game Mechanics Field Guide Eden League Rules & FAQ

updates

October 15 – It's that time again, folks! The annual Harvest Festival has begun in Wisteria Town, and everyone is getting into the Halloween spirit. Characters participating in the event are eligible for some sweet treats, so be sure to get in on the celebrations~!

shortcuts

Training Log Wild Encounters Breeding Records Adoption Center Face Claims Player Directory Open Threads

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply   New Topic   New Poll   

Sweet Sanctuary
Aria Wolfe
 Posted: 9/20/17, 02:46 pm
Lisa
193 posts
Pokémon Trainer

As if the situation couldn't feel any more "meant to be," Jae explained that he's always wanted a Torchic. Aria's heart about burst she was so excited. She always wished the absolute best for her rescues, and finding the right match for them wasn't always the easiest. She was a pretty good judge of character, but she'd also been deceived in the past as well. It was just easier this way, having the right trainer somewhat literally stumble upon the right pokémon for them. For once, she was thankful for the little Torchic's mischievousness. If he hadn't been fooling around, and instead sleeping under the hay somewhere, Jae might not have ever seen him.

"Aww, well I'm glad I happened to have one! And he already seems to like you!" she said, grinning. She turned to reach the broom that was leaning against the barn wall nearby. While they took a break to chat, she could at least clean up the hay mess the Torchic made. It would only take her a minute, she would just shovel it into the pile of loose hay already in the barn corner. "Well, you are very welcome! I'm just glad he'll be getting the attention he needs." she continued, "He's a handful, in a good way, I just wish I had more time for him."

She paused to listen as Jae continued his explanation of meeting Vex. She was rather curious, only because she knew how well-known Vex was and liked hearing everyone's stories. The hay had been successfully swept into one of the larger piles, so she set the broom to the side once more to finish listening. "That's so funny! Small world! I mean, I know he's famous or something, or at least he says he is..." she added in a wink, suggesting sarcasm, "But I always forget it."

"See, when I met Vex I didn't know he was famous. And I didn't fall for him because he was famous either." she said with a grin that couldn't be any wider. "That's really cool that you know him though. And a funny story." What time was it anyway? The time seemed to fly by whenever she was out here working. Vex would be returning for the evening at some point, maybe she should invite Jae to stay until he gets home? If it was going to be several hours however, perhaps that wasn't the best idea. She wasn't sure she could keep her guests entertained for that long.

Nonchalantly, she pulled out her pokégear to check the time. It was late afternoon. Maybe she'd send him a quick message or give him a call... but at the same time she didn't want to bother him if he was in the middle of training. She shrugged. "So! I think that's enough work for today. Plus, I'm getting too hot out here. Want to head back inside for a drink and you two can get to know each other better?" she asked, motioning towards the Torchic still perched on his arm.

Youngjae Hyun
(I wasn't really sure where you wanted to go from here, lol... She'd gladly offer him to stay for dinner, if we want to keep things going we can even include Vex when he gets home... or we can wrap things up and start something elsewhere. Whatever you think! I know you're pretty busy. No rush!)
PM   Email
^
Youngjae Hyun
 Posted: 10/4/17, 07:18 pm
Jae
185 posts
Gym Leader

Aria's description of the Torchic could not be more apt. Sure, he had caused quite a bit of chaos, but it seemed like harmless fun. In fact, he reminded Jae of his two hyperactive Eevees. "He's really energetic," he remarked, "but he probably just needs some friends to play with to use up all that restless energy." In response the little chick chirped, as though he concurred. Having new playmates sounded great to him. Likewise Tahiti gave a little cheer, though Shinhwa remained silent and nonchalant. Perhaps the Torchic's infectious energy hadn't rubbed off on the proud Vulpix yet.

As the topic changed to Aria's fiancé, Jae was reminded of how far Vexel had came since he first arrived in Eden. "Back then most people only knew him as the son of the Blackthorn Gym's leader, but now he's making a name for himself as a skilled trainer." Defeating two gyms within a short span of time was an impressive feat, and Jae was sure he would be on his way to challenge the Eden Elite soon.

Shinhwa's ears perked up at Aria's suggestion (or more specifically, at the prospect of escaping the heat), and Tahiti nodded enthusiastically and barked. "That'll be great," Jae said, and he gathered his Pokémon and together they followed Aria back into the building. As they walked, an idea came to mind. "I was thinking... would you be interested in guesting on the Trainer Spotlight segment of our radio show?" he asked, hoping Aria wouldn't turn down the invitation. "I feel that you're the best person to introduce this rescue and rehabilitation to the audience. And if Vexel's keen as well we could invite both of you to appear on our radio show together."

[Aria Wolfe]
PM   
^
Aria Wolfe
 Posted: 10/10/17, 12:28 pm
Lisa
193 posts
Pokémon Trainer

A wave of relief swept over her as her guest agreed to head back inside. She had somewhat forgotten about the heat, distracted by her Torchic's antics. Now that things had settled she was hot again, sweating, and thirsty. As a small group, the two people and their pokémon headed back to the entrance of the sanctuary and back inside the front door. The air conditioning was an instant relief as usual. After they each took a turn filling a cup from the water dispenser, that was now well on its way to being empty soon, Jae spoke up.

He asked if she'd be interested in being on his radio show at some point. Her eyebrows furrowed as she thought about the idea. On the one hand, she wasn't all that comfortable speaking to large groups of people, in person or through voice. It was just a skill she never had. One-on-one conversations she enjoyed, but back in college she was a wreck anytime she had to give a speech or presentation. Would hiding behind a microphone make that easier? Probably. Would she still be nervous knowing the rest of Eden would be listening in? Most definitely.

On the other hand, though, the Sanctuary would get the exposure it most definitely needed. In a week, the doors would be open. Word had spread by mouth, clearly proven by the mere existence of Jae, but all of Eden needed to know. She wanted the entire region to know what was available and what she offered them. In the end, watching her dreams come to life was worth a little nervousness or even embarrassment over the radio. As badly as she wished she didn't have to do it, she should. She would. "Sure! Yeah, that's a great idea. I'll definitely ask Vex about it when he gets home." she explained.

Having Vex by her side at the radio station would help calm her nerves, she was sure of that. He was her partner in crime, the support behind her, the encouragement to follow her dreams in the first place. And who knows, he might enjoy getting a little radio time for himself, for whatever reason. Aria's eyes darted to the clock above the reception desk. It wouldn't be much longer before he returned. "I have your business card, so I know where to find you either way." she said, laughing. She'd talk to Vex and see how he felt about it first.

Youngjae Hyun
(Pausing here... I can't remember, did we want to keep going or were we going to hop right to the interview? ^.^)
PM   Email
^
Youngjae Hyun
 Posted: 10/14/17, 10:13 am
Jae
185 posts
Gym Leader

((OOC: Took a while to write this reply because I kinda forgot how we planned to let this play out. Also kinda ran into a couple of roadblocks at work recently, which might explain Jae's thoughts in this post.))

If there was one thing that never got easier despite being in the industry for a couple of years, it was waiting for a response after asking someone if they wanted to be featured in an interview. Jae had met so many wonderful people with interesting stories that he knew would resonate with the public, but many of them had declined to be interviewed, and he had to respect their decision even though he really, really wished they would accept. It wasn't just a matter of getting his work done: being a deejay meant that he had a certain degree of control over what went on air and what didn't. Whenever he came across a story that he felt needed to be shared with the public, he would do his best and make sure it went on air.

Right now, the deejay was watching his potential interviewee ponder over his offer, her brow knitted. While his face didn't show it, he was anxious to find out what her final answer was, and hopefully it would be the one he was looking for. And after what seemed like an eternity, she finally agreed not only to be on the show, but also to check if Vexel would be keen to join in as well.

"That's wonderful!" he exclaimed, his eyes lighting up. "It'll be even better if Vexel joins us, but of course, there's no pressure." The second part of that sentence wasn't entirely true (or untrue, for that matter), but if Vexel wasn't comfortable going on air a second time, Jae should respect his decision. "Do keep me posted once Vexel has decided."

"We have a couple of available time slots," he continued, moving on to brief Aria on what would happen next. "I'll double check the slots again when I get back to my office, and I'll let you know when they are. We'll see which time slot is the most convenient for you and Vexel, if he's coming too." He paused for a bit, mentally running through his checklist to see if he had missed out anything… oh yes, he did. "I believe I haven't gotten your contact details," he said.

((OOC: I guess we can wrap up this thread maybe after your reply or after my next reply, unless you'd like to bring Vex into the thread too since he might be back soon.))

[Aria Wolfe]
PM   
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Options   Pages: (2) 1 2  Reply   New Topic   New Poll   

RPG-D  FF:Adventu PLEDGE -- a pokémon roleplay
Pokemon: Forever Forgotten Pokemon: Terrene Kaleidoscope