paradise • a pokémon adventure
cbox

welcome

Established in July 2014, Paradise is a pokémon role-play community that’s all about getting back to the basics. With a simplified training system, we focus more on writing than grinding for levels. Join us today and begin your adventure in the Eden region!

information

Getting Started Setting Information Trainer Classes Game Mechanics Field Guide Eden League Rules & FAQ

updates

December 25 – Merry Christmas and happy holidays to all those celebrating! There's been an update regarding the open gym and elite positions, so please check out this thread if you think you might be interested in applying for a spot! Here's wishing you all a happy new year~!

shortcuts

Training Log Wild Encounters Breeding Records Adoption Center Face Claims Player Directory Open Threads

Reply   New Topic   New Poll   

This is Halloween (Open), Harvest Festival
Dakota Gilbert
 Posted: 10/19/17, 02:46 pm
Lisa
108 posts
Pokémon Trainer

This was by far Dakota's most favorite holiday. She loved everything about it: the costumes, the makeup, the tricking, the treating... and the parties! Oh, Halloween parties were the best! Getting all dressed up, pretending to be someone you're not, and being able to be someone you're not... Dakota loved it. It gave her a chance to really be herself and not get judged. She could dress however crazy she wanted to, and it was acceptable. It was also a great excuse to eat a bunch of candy.

This year, being her first fall in Eden, she wanted to check out the Harvest Festival. More importantly, she wanted to check out the "crazy awesome secret Halloween party" she heard about that was very hush hush and invite-only. She was already dressed up, wearing an extravagant witch costume with heavy dark makeup around her eyes, red lipstick, and a long, black pointy hat. Her costume mixed in a short ripped-up skirt, long loose sleeves, and fishnet stockings, as well as knee-high combat boots. She was never a fan of dressing up like everyone else anyway, and always added her own touch to her costumes. The buckles on her boots clicked and jingled as she stomped her way down the street towards the vendors.

Now all she needed was the address. Oh, and a date. Right now, she wanted to get her hands on one of those delicious caramel-covered apples, the ones dipped in sprinkles. She had seen several children wandering around with them, but wasn't outgoing enough to ask where they got them. But her mind wandered and she thought of Adam, wondering if he would reply to her message or ignore her. When the extremely vague invitation required she bring a date, Adam was the only person she could think of to invite. She didn't have many friends, especially friends that liked to party. So, she went out on a limb and asked him to join her. She really wanted to go to this party.

So, here she was, wandering the streets in search for a caramel-covered apple, hoping to see some sort of clue of where the Halloween party was. The invitation had said to keep an eye out for these three clues: an iron gate, a noose, and an Oak leaf. That's all she had. If Adam would answer her, maybe he could at least help her figure it out. Just then, she spotted a line forming in front of a booth that sold caramel apples, and she hopped in line quickly. Samara, hovering closely behind her, slipped into the line as well. She was quiet, behaving herself for once. Dakota was on a mission and she knew she better behave... for now.
PM   Email
^
Adam Samak
 Posted: 10/20/17, 08:30 pm
Sev
82 posts
Pokémon Trainer

Adam had always enjoyed Halloween, especially as a child. Dressing up, trick-or-treating, playing tricks on his brother and his classmates had been something he waited for all year. His family had always traveled to Wisteria Town for the Harvest Festival. But after his father's death, Adam had refused to go. Not becuase he no longer enjoyed the holiday but because Wisteria Town was filled to bursting with ghost type pokemon. He hadn't really wanted to go this year but he'd gotten a call from Dakota a couple days ago asking if he wanted to go to a party. He'd been vague, refusing to admit the very idea of walking into the biggest next of ghost type pokmeon in Eden terrified him. So he'd told her he was busy but he'd see if he could make it. He hadn't been intending to go but Jae was heading there to do some radio spotlights on the event and Adam had decided to join him last minute.

Dressed in red and black spandex, Adam wandered the streets not sure what to do with his time. Sure, he could text Dakota, but he was sure she'd found someone else to go to her party with. It wasn't like they were an item or anything. They got together once in awhile, had a bit of fun, and then went their separate ways again. Dakota traveled as a trainer and he stayed mostly in Ironwood training and working. Still, he enjoyed spending time with her and he'd only agreed to come to Wisteria because she'd invited him to some party.

Still, with the streets filled with people, the wild pokemon had found sheltered spots to hang out where they wouldn't be bothered. He saw a few ghosts but from far enough away that he could change his path without having to get near them. He amused himself by signing Deadpool autographs for kids, hugging any other Deadpools he met on the street because he could, and generally just letting the spirit of Halloween drive him to do whatever seemed like a good idea at the time.

Of course, this got him into trouble a couple times but that was what made it fun. "Alright, alright. I get it. Backing off now. Sheesh." He way saying to the burliest and angriest Deadpool he'd hugged so far. The guy was (presumably) glaring at him and threatening to pound him into a pulp if he did it again. Once Adam felt he was safely out of harm's way, he blew the guy a kiss, gave him a sassy little wave, and turned to skip off down another street.

Only someone happened to be standing in his way and his first skip had him crashing into a woman dressed as a gothic witch and being followed closely by the very last pokemon he wanted to see tonight. Luckily, he was pretty sure he recognized this one. Of course, he wasn't any more fond of her than he'd been the first time he'd seen her but happily tonight was not a 'freeze up and look like a fool because ghost' night and his quick scramble to take a few steps away from her could be seen as a desperate attempt to get out of hitting range in case the person he'd bumped into took offense. A glance at the 'witch' he'd nearly run over confirmed that, yes, that was the Haunter he'd though it was.

He had half a second to decide what to do with that information. He could tell her who he was, or he could see how long it took her to figure it out. "Oh. My. Goodness! I am SO sorry. Bad Deadpool. Watch where you're going." He said, speaking both to himself and to Dakota and trying to keep 'in character'. He didn't do very well at it but hey, it was fun and he was actually enjoying himself. "So let me guess. You're...a witch! A goth witch at that! Not very original if you ask me. Sexy, yes, but uninspired. Now if you want original, might I suggest a sexy goth nurse? Possibly of the undead variety. I haven't seen any of those wandering about. But I've seen at least a dozen sexy goth witches." He said, winking at her though she wouldn't necessarily be able to see it behind the mask he was wearing. "None quite as sexy as you though." He added, belatedly realizing he'd crashed into a line of people waiting to buy some sweet or another. A glance told him it was caramel apples. He flipped off the person behind them who yelled at him not to cut in line. "Can it, Jerkwad. I'm with the witch so deal with it." He countered, taking a place in line next to Dakota just to piss the guy off further. Unease crept up his spine with Samara at his back but he tried to ignore it. The jerk behind them grumbled but apparently though better of arguing further.

Dakota Gilbert
PM   
^
Dakota Gilbert
 Posted: 10/25/17, 08:21 pm
Lisa
108 posts
Pokémon Trainer

The line was barely moving. Dakota kept leaning to one side, then the other, trying to catch a glimpse of whatever was holding the line up. Was it some spoiled rotten kid that wasn't getting the exact apple he wanted? Or was it a parent causing trouble? Either way, they needed to get their act together soon or Dakota was going to- BAM! Something, or someone, slammed into Dakota's side, almost sending her tumbling to the ground but she caught her footing just in time. She spun around, anger fueling her forward and she almost shoved the person back. The blend of reds and blacks she saw caused her to pause. A hiss sounded from Samara in defense of her trainer, but Dakota held up a hand to silence her and she obeyed.

It was a person in a costume, and they were already apologizing. Dakota recognized the costume but couldn't remember what it was from. Luckily for her, the person was not only dressed as the character, they were acting as him. "Bad Deadpool." he said, reminding her of the character from the movie. She expected the guy to apologize and leave, but he didn't. Nope, he gave her one good look over and chose to talk her up. Dakota rolled her eyes almost immediately as he teased her about her costume. For a second, she thought the guy's voice sounded a little familiar, but the spandex muffled his voice so she couldn't really tell. He pointed out that dressing as a witch was very unoriginal, which she agreed with. She just happened to like the clothing style is all. He teased that he had seen tons of sexy witches, before changing his tone and stating that she was the sexiest of them all.

She felt a fluttering in her stomach, as any girl does when she gets hit on. But she kept the feeling from showing in her expression. Instead, she narrowed her eyes at him and kept a straight face. "Yeah well, I've seen a few of you guys in red and black spandex too." she shot back. It wasn't her best come back ever, but it would do. She hadn't been ready for the altercation and was caught off guard. Just then, someone else a few people back in line cursed at him, and the guy gave him the middle finger before saying he was with Dakota. Ugh, she thought, considering yelling out loud that she doesn't know this man and that he's bothering her.

The line finally began to move, and the two took a few steps forward. Only two more families were in line ahead of them. Samara followed closely behind Dakota's shoulder, eyeing the stranger but continuing to watch quietly. "Is that spandex so tight it's cutting off the circulation to your brain or what?" she asked, an evil grin spread across her face now. She couldn't let him continue to tease her without some sort of repercussion. She wasn't your average, sensitive girl. She liked to fight back. And if this guy was going to stand in line with her, he'd have to deal with it or leave. Once she got her candy apple she could probably lose him in the crowd if she really wanted to.

Adam Samak
(lol she doesn't really want to lose him, just so you know. Just being feisty. ^.^)
PM   Email
^
Adam Samak
 Posted: 11/30/17, 11:58 pm
Sev
82 posts
Pokémon Trainer

The level of sass Adam got in exchange of his apology and 'advice' was about what he expected, though he knew Dakota had a better comeback than that. He'd taken her by surprise, however, so he would let it slide. "Of course. I've got to let the Deadpools out to play once in awhile don't I? If I don't then tend to get really rowdy and it drives me crazy." He replied with a casual shrug. He vaguely recalled reading or hearing something somewhere about Deapool referring to the mutiple personalities that were in his head as 'The Deadpools' though he could also be completely wrong. His knowledge of superheros and comic books was not quite as extensive as that of most other folks. Either way, that was what he was going with and he wasn't going to back out of it now!

They stepped forward when the line moved and Adam shifted slightly to keep Samara in view without being obvious about what he was doing. The Haunter was watching him and he wondered if he could get her to stop being creepy if she knew who he was. But how to tell her without giving up his ruse to Dakota as well? He'd have to consider that a bit because he didn't need her treating him like a potential threat all night. "Hardy har har. My circulation is just fine, thank you very much." He considered making some inappropriate comment about 'every part of his anatomy' was properly circulated but he didn't want to go too far and have her (or some random guy in line who thought he was sexually harassing her or something) punch him in the face. He'd play it safe...for now.

He could vaguely hear the jerk from earlier grumbling about 'if I thought he was worth the effort' and at least one unkind word about Dakota and it was starting to get on Adam's nerves. "If he doesn't shut up I'm going to knock him out. Bet he couldn't even beat a newbie trainer in a pokemon battle. He definitely wouldn't stand a chance against me." He muttered, sparing a glance over his shoulder at the culprit. The next two families in line ahead of them were served and it was Dakota's turn. Adam hadn't been going to order anything at first but he was feeling petty and wanted to give the jerk what was coming to him. So after Dakota ordered her treat, Adam spent an extra couple of minutes just staring at the menu, irritating the guy behind him even further. Just when the grumbling reached the point of 'I'm about to yell again' Adam 'decided' on his order. "I'll have two cups of your spiced cider please." He said and paid for his drinks to a 'about damn time' from the jerk behind him. Adam really wished the guy could see the evil smile he was wearing under his mask as he turned around. "Didn't I tell you to shut the hell up ten minutes ago? You're an ass. Here, have a drink and calm the fuck down." He said and promptly dumped warm cider over the guy's head, placing the empty plastic cup on his hair like a hat before calmly walking away to find Dakota again. He heard a few claps of applause and a delayed bout of cursing from the jerk as the shock of what had just happened wore off. Once he'd caught up to Dakota, he fell into step beside her. "That was way too satisfying. I actually kind of hope I see him again sometime tonight. It might be fun to kick his ass in a pokemon battle on top of that."

Dakota Gilbert

((Hopefully you don't mind that I went ahead and had them move to the front of the line and order etc. Just figured it would kinda push things along since I took so long to reply here and they could start heading to the party or whatever we were going to do next (since we don't necessarily need Dakota to run into any Nightshade NPCs here now that she's meeting Kieran and Evan (and possibly Issac since you and Travie were talking, lol)). So I don't even know if we're still having them go to the party or just end up having a battle or whatever, lol. ^^;

Anyway, if you'd like me to change anything just let me know.))
PM   
^
Dakota Gilbert
 Posted: 12/5/17, 08:53 pm
Lisa
108 posts
Pokémon Trainer

The line continued to move at a snail's pace, but Dakota had plenty of entertainment to keep her distracted. This guy was hilarious, and it took everything she had to not crack a smile or laugh. As they bickered playfully back and forth, the man who had been so "rudely" cut in line continued to grumble. It was annoying, and Dakota shot him a look that could kill more than once. He must have been getting on Deadpool's nerves as well, because he finally couldn't stand it anymore and yelled out loud that he better shut up.

Finally, Dakota reached the front of the line. She had already decided on her order long ago, so her transaction went quickly. The woman behind the table handed her a glorious-looking carmel apple that had been dipped in sprinkles. As soon as it was in her hand she stepped to the side to keep the line moving. As the Deadpool guy took his time to order, Dakota bit into her apple and began to chew. The sweet taste of carmel and candy filled her mouth, perfectly balanced with the acidity of the apple. She almost turned to find a place to sit, but Deadpool had finished ordering and was now confronting the jerk in line still.

Dakota listened, amused, to Deadpool call the guy an ass. She snorted and smiled as she chewed. What he did next was even more shocking, as he took his extra cup of apple cider and poured it over the man's head. He left the cup on his head and walked away, chin high and mighty. Applause rang out, and now Dakota couldn't help but laugh. Deadpool joined her and they began to walk, but to where, she wasn't sure. She welcomed the company with a smile though, and something seemed to feel familiar walking next to this guy.

After a few more bites of her apple, she wiped her mouth with her sleeve and spoke. "I hear there's a super secret but super sweet Halloween party here every year, and that only those that are told about it know about it. You wouldn't happen to know anything about it, would ya?" she asked, knowing the chances were very slim but it was still worth a shot.

As they walked, they passed another girl dressed as a witch and Dakota cringed. Deadpool was right, her costume was very unoriginal, but it's not like she was going to run into anyone she knew. She didn't have very many friends and since she never heard back from Adam, it was safe to assume he wasn't coming. So, without a date, she wouldn't be allowed into the party. It occurred to her that she could use this Deadpool guy to get in, and if he started to get annoying she could just ditch him in the crowd. She'd have to wait and see, his quirkiness was starting to grow on her.

She pulled the invitation from her pocket. It was very vague, and only had three symbols on it. From left to right, there was an iron gate, a noose, and an Oak leaf. She held it out for Deadpool to see. "This is the location. I'm sure it's some kind of secret message or something, but I haven't been able to decipher it." she explained. Even if they were to part ways soon, at least maybe he could help her get to where she wanted to go. She offered him a sweet smile and the invitation, if he wanted a closer look.

Adam Samak
(Haha nope, don't mind at all! It's fun having to pretend she doesn't know it's Adam. I almost slipped up and typed Adam a few times!)
PM   Email
^
Adam Samak
 Posted: 12/6/17, 11:22 pm
Sev
82 posts
Pokémon Trainer

Though he hadn't intended it to, his actions in dealing with Line Jerk had apparently endeared Dakota to him and she didn't seem interested in trying to ditch him in the crowd. In fact, she was smiling and laughing when he reached her. He wasn't sure where they would go but anywhere that was away from Line Jerk was good for the time being. As they walked, he held out the glass of cider to her in case she wanted it. He couldn't drink it without giving away who he was and he was quite enjoying his ruse for the time being. If she wouldn't take it, he'd figure something else out.

After a time, she questioned him about some party or another (probably the one she'd texted him about earlier) and he shrugged. "I've heard of a couple parties like that, yeah. Not all of them are great. There's at least two that get raided by the local branch of the rangers every year and a bunch of wannabe poachers and thugs get hauled off to jail." Because they made the mistake of inviting 'innocent' trainers to their get-together and then robbing them. And every year at least one of their victims went to the police or rangers and reported it. As they passed another girl dressed as a witch Adam tsk'd and shook his head. "See? What did I tell you about dressing up as a witch being an unoriginal idea?" He teased, giving her a playful nudge.

As Dakota pulled out an invitation, Adam eyed it curiously. Had she been invited to one of the better parties? He doubted it, the really good ones were far more secretive than to hand out postcards like that. He took the invitation when it was offered and looked it over. The one side had the three symbols, probably indicating the street and items to look for to determine the correct house. The other, however, had another image on it and Adam gave a sharp laugh that didn't sound amused. To anyone who didn't know, the symbol was probably just some random conglomeration of shapes that someone thought looked cool for a Halloween invitation. But Adam knew better. "Oh that's bold. This symbol is the calling card of one of the most notorious poachers in Eden. Unless you're planning on joining up, being robbed or getting arrested, I'd stay away." He told her, handing the invitation back if she wanted it.

Of course, Dakota might not believe him and decide to go anyway and he'd feel obligated to go with her and hope they got back out again unharmed. But maybe if he came up with an alternative he could convince her to forget the party. Not the masquerade, that was a stuffy rich folks affair that was no fun at all....at least from what he remembered of it as a kid. His parents had taken him and his brother once or twice but they had never stayed long. He wasn't interested in any sort of 'haunted' place and he didn't really know if any of the other events would interest Dakota. But there was something he thought might intrigue her and would be fun. "Since I'm going to guess hanging out with a bunch of criminals and thugs isn't how you want to spend your Halloween, how about a flair bartending event? There'll be music, drinks, entertainment....much better than some party you might not walk away from. And it's one of your 'invite only unless you know a guy' sort of things." He'd been invited several times but had never showed up, since he was here and he wasn't sure Dakota had ever seen any sort of flair bartending it was worth suggesting at least.

Dakota Gilbert

(I'm playing this as though Dakota hasn't showed up at the gym on a Flair night so she's never seen Adam 'perform' and wouldn't know he has anything to do with Flair. But she could get suspicious since she knows he's a bartender and that's why she asks him to remove his mask? Or we could wait and see what happens when they get to the event (assuming she wants to go, lol). I have a couple ideas that might be fun for her to find out who he is without actually asking him, lol. But in a nutshell if they go to this party thing Adam discovers there's someone there pretending to be him and he's not gonna let that fly. xD)
PM   
^
Dakota Gilbert
 Posted: 12/10/17, 10:16 pm
Lisa
108 posts
Pokémon Trainer

As they walked, he offered her his cup of apple cider. She accepted it gladly, as she hadn't realized how thirsty she would be after the caramel apple. "Thanks. she responded, unsure why he even bought it in the first place but realized it was most likely to piss of the guy behind them in line. It amused her, at least. Once she finished the last of her apple, she tossed the stick into a nearby garbage can and took a sip of cider. It was surprisingly tasty.

His response to her inquiry was not at all what she was hoping for. He explained that there were a lot of parties that occurred during the Harvest festival, and that only a rare few of them were worth checking out. In fact, the coded invitation she had received was apparently for a group of poachers who used parties as an excuse to rob their attendees. Deadpool warned her to stay away unless she planned on joining, being robbed, or being arrested.

At first, she narrowed her eyes at him in disbelief. Could he blame her for doubting him? He was dressed as Deadpool after all. Despite his apparel, he did seemed sincere. And something about his demeanor made her feel like she could trust him. Whenever they walked by another garbage can, she'd toss the invitation. She was pretty bummed, as that party was the entire reason she got all dressed up and came out to this festival anyway. So for the moment, she chose to pout and sip on her cider.

He continued to speak though, and offered an alternative option. However, as soon as the words, "bartending event" escaped his lips, she paused. This guy was really starting to remind her of Adam. She looked him over once more. The Deadpool costume was made of spandex, which clung to his body rather tightly. Dakota had never seen Adam wear anything tight like this before, so it was very hard to say. He was about the right height though, and maybe the right weight...

Being reminded of Adam, she pulled out her pokégear to check one last time for a response. There were no new messages, and she decided then and there that was the last time she checked her phone for a response from him. They weren't dating or anything, she didn't need to hear from him constantly. He wasn't obligated to accept her invitation either. She frowned, shoved the pokégear back into her bag, and smiled at this Deadpool guy. "You know what? That sounds great. Where do we go?" she asked. It was settled.

Adam Samak
(To be honest, I know very little about Flair so I'm going to go ahead and say Dakota doesn't either. I'm totally fine with following your lead! They can go to the party and she'll become more and more suspicious. She's a little shy when it comes to confrontation anyway so I doubt she'd come right out and ask unless she was 100% sure, in which case she'd call him out on it. Whatever you want to do is fine with me! Let me know if I need to change anything!)
PM   Email
^
Adam Samak
 Posted: 1/10/18, 09:11 pm
Sev
82 posts
Pokémon Trainer

Dakota seemed visibly upset that her party wasn't what she'd though it would be. He wondered if she had just really wanted to go to a party or, and he wasn't sure how he felt about this, she really wanted to spend more time with whoever had invited her. If that was the case, why would she have invited him though? He kind of wished he could ask her but he wasn't sure he wanted to know the answer. She checked her phone when he mentioned the bartending event and he wondered if she was checking for a message from him. It was equally as possible that she was just checking the time so he didn't comment on it. His alternative suggestion seemed to work, however and he smiled under his mask. This was going to be fun.

"Awesome. This way. They hold the event in different locations every year so no one who isn't supposed to be there can find it easily. This year it's in an old bar that's been closed for renovations to make it more modern and open the bar area for flair shows. They just finished the remodel and this is sort of like their pre-opening event to see how things go." The Tipsy Totodile, as far as he knew, had just been a little bar that shared a building with some other little shop but the other shop had moved out, the Totodile had bought the space and knocked down the wall to double the size of their bar. Considering he'd never been there, he had to pull out his phone to pull up the directions. It turned out they weren't far away at all and it wouldn't take them long to walk there.

He led Dakota through the crowds and down a few side streets until they reached the location. From the outside it looked like the bar was still closed, with boards over the windows and no visible lights or anything from the inside. There was a bored looking ninja leaning against the side of the building next to the door. He could have just been some passerby who'd stepped out of the way to check his phone, except that Adam knew a bouncer when he saw one. And the ninja straightened from whatever he was doing on his phone as Adam and Dakota approached. "Need to see your invitation or ID." Adam was ready for this and pulled out a somewhat crumpled looking card from a pouch on his belt. "My invitation. And she's my plus one." He said, indicating Dakota with a gesture. "You're good to go. Enjoy it, this is one of the best yet." The ninja told them, opening the door to let them in.

The pulse of music and the sounds of people escaped as Adam ushered Dakota inside. The bar itself was a rounded structure situated against one wall, visible from any spot in the room. Cozy booths lined the walls on either side of the bar and smaller, standalone tables were positioned throughout the rest of the room, though several had been pushed aside to open up a dance floor. A DJ booth was tucked into one corner and a makeshift stage area had been set up near the bar. A sign advertising a restaurant area pointed them toward a set of stairs leading to an upper level. "Very nice. Not as nice as where I work but still nice. If I ever decide to move to Wisteria Town I think I would want to work here." He commented, sweeping his gaze across the room once again. There were people behind the bar mixing drinks and tossing bottles while others watched. More people were dancing or milling about talking and drinking. "Well, this is it. Shall we get a drink? I can mix it for you if you want. That's what this party's all about, after all, showing off your skills and having fun." He wasn't sure if she'd be interested in a dance so he didn't suggest it but if that's what she wanted then that was fine by him. But he knew she'd never seen him do flair before (he was't sure he'd even mentioned being a flair bartender, just that he was a bartender) so showing off without her knowing it was him would be fun.

Dakota Gilbert

((I used this as inspiration for how I described the bar, lol. Anyway, I figure I'll kinda let Dakota decide what to do and work in the 'impostor' at some point so she can finally figure out who 'Deadpool' is, lol.))
PM   
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Options    Reply   New Topic   New Poll   

RPG-D FF:Adventu PLEDGE -- a pokémon roleplay Pokemon: Forever Forgotten
Pokemon: Terrene Kaleidoscope