paradise • a pokémon adventure
cbox

welcome

Established in July 2014, Paradise is a pokémon role-play community that’s all about getting back to the basics. With a simplified training system, we focus more on writing than grinding for levels. Join us today and begin your adventure in the Eden region!

information

Getting Started Setting Information Trainer Classes Game Mechanics Field Guide Eden League Rules & FAQ

updates

July 5 – Paradise's anniversary falls on the 20th, but we're kicking off the festivities early and celebrating all month long with some cool rewards and a special event, the Summer Sun Celebration! Cheers to three years! <3

shortcuts

Training Log Wild Encounters Breeding Records Adoption Center Face Claims Player Directory Open Threads

Reply   New Topic   New Poll   

(!) Gonna be a long night..., Seeking: Phantump
Dakota Gilbert
 Posted: 8/10/17, 06:36 pm
Lisa
55 posts
Pokémon Trainer

Dakota's knee was aching something fierce. Whatever type of pokémon that was, it was obnoxious and she wanted nothing to do with it. It had bit her for crying out loud! What a mess. She hobbled forward, with her spare hoodie wrapped tightly around her knee in an attempt to keep pressure on it. It wasn't really bleeding that much, but it was enough to drip as she walked and Dakota was already annoyed. With a face red with exhaustion and frustration, she stomped her way through the meadow in the direction of town. They were still a good half hour from city limits.

Adrian had to speed walk to keep up with her because of his stubby little legs. He was growing more and more frustrated as well, not only because of how the previous battle ended but he was feeding off his trainer as well. He and Dakota had very similar personalities as well as short tempers. They made a good team, mostly. However, occasionally if one of them grew frustrated, so did the other. Why couldn't she just return him to his pokéball? Why was she forcing him to run behind her, knowing he had little legs and short strides. Finally getting fed up, he darted forward to stop in front of her and force her to stop. He would not let her pass until she put him back in his ball.

As he leaped forward and came to a halt in front of her, something rustled in the tall meadow grass nearby. He froze, standing up on his tiptoes to scan their surroundings. Dakota practically tripped on him, not even seeing that he had somehow got around her and in front of her. In an attempt to not kick him, she stumbled. Luckily she caught herself before hitting the ground, but oh was she about to let him have it. "ADRIAN!!" she yelled, getting back to her feet and turning to see what the hell he was doing. Before she could scold him, she caught sight of something dark in the grass. He had seen it too.

Random Event
PM   Email
^
Random Event
 Posted: 8/11/17, 07:10 pm
Staff
717 posts
Administrator

a wild phantump appeared!

silver tier
male
natural cure

phantom force horn leech will-o-wisp feint attack ingrain

PM   Email
^
Wild Pokémon
 Posted: 8/11/17, 08:21 pm
NPC
3226 posts
NPC

Oh no... were they yelling about him? The Phantump shrunk down lower, trying his best to conceal himself. Every time someone saw him they screamed, threw things at him, or attacked him. He had only ever seen his reflection in the water, and since he'd spent so much time with others of his kind, he couldn't quite say whether or not his face had something wrong with it. Was he scary? He really hoped he wasn't scary, but he got the feeling that others thought he was. This made him... sad. So, rather than face the wrath of the trainer and her pokemon, the Phantump remained in hiding.

The rest of his friends must be around here somewhere, no? The small pokemon's eyes glowed in the dark, giving away his hiding place. The Cubone, was he staring right at him? Oh dear, oh dear... He didn't want to move, lest he rustle the grass about him. He was frozen, not due to fear-well, not really. His ultimate fear was causing the girl and her pokemon to be afraid. Couldn't someone, for once, be happy to meet him? He was a good pokemon, he really was. He tried so hard to be.

A breeze rustled the trees, and grass, about his form. Hovering as he was, his body swayed. The tendril-looking leaves about his horns shook in the wind, making him an easy target should the Cubone wish to attack. ~Please don't hate me,~ he whispered to himself, unaware that he was, very likely, audible to his fellow pokemon.

Dakota Gilbert - let me know if it's to your liking ... -derp-
Tag Kaskae Dawson!
PM   Email
^
Dakota Gilbert
 Posted: 8/12/17, 09:00 am
Lisa
55 posts
Pokémon Trainer

The anger and frustration pulsing through her veins seemed to slow as they both stood silently, staring at whatever hid in the grass nearby. Dakota's leg was still throbbing but her attention was so focused on this strange shadow that she nearly forgot about it. Adrian stood stiffly, gripping his bone tightly, prepared to attack if this shadow threatened either of them. It was strangely silent in the meadow right now, not even the bugs were chirping anymore. Dakota found it very difficult to not take a step towards it, but she needed to wait and see what Adrian did about it first.

Finally, the wind blew again and rustled the leaves and grass around them. There was most definitely a pokémon hidden in the grass right there, they could both see it. Dakota opened her mouth to order an attack, but before the words came out, Adrian held up his bone. He pressed his bone to his lips as if to tell her to hush. At first, her face lit up red with anger. How dare he give her an order! She had about had it with this bossy little man. Maybe she would return him to his pokéball, that is what he wanted after all. Then, she heard him speak softly, and not to her. He was communicating with the shadow in the grass, and in a sweet soft tone she had never heard him use before.

Adrian was always very tough, with a hard-to-break exterior and spirit. His trainer had taken him in when his original trainer gave up on him, insisting he was too weak to ever be of any use to him. Dakota promised him when she adopted him that she would do everything she could to make him strong, powerful, and undefeatable. Ever since, he has tried to be the very best he can be for her. Sure, he has his moments and throws his tantrums, but so does she. However, in this very moment, the words spoken by the shadow in the grass broke his heart. For those were the very words he spoke to his previous trainer before he was abandoned.

He blinked back tears before gently setting his bone down onto the ground. Very, very slowly, he reached out with his short arms and attempted to part the tall grass. He hoped the skull helmet he wore didn't scare the already frightened pokémon away. In an attempt to curb his potentially scary appearance, he spoke softly and kindly. ~Oh goodness, we don't hate you! She was simply mad at me for tripping her. Are you okay? We didn't scare you, did we? I do apologize...~ he spoke into the darkness of the grass. Never in his life had he been this kind towards a complete stranger. Again, those words had cut deep into the feelings he still had bottled up. He couldn't bare knowing another pokémon felt the hurt he had felt that day long ago...

Kaskae Dawson
(Oh my goodness, it's perfect! Thank you!! I worked that in well with Adrian's past, love it!!)
PM   Email
^
Wild Pokémon
 Posted: 8/14/17, 08:54 am
NPC
3226 posts
NPC

The Phantump found himself staring into the face of the Cubone. Silence lingered between them as the Cubone reminisced over his life thus far... The floating-pokemon was frozen, even still, unsure of what to expect. It was as if the Cubone was searching for something; staring into his very soul. The human calmed down, for the time being, as if unsure of what was happening. The wild Phantump wasn't at all sure of what to do with himself, but chose to hold the Cubone's gaze irregardless. Then the Cubone put down his bone club, and the Phantump squinted his eyes. What was he doing?

Blinking back tears, the Cubone parted the grass so as to get a better look at him. The Phantump began to shake, which was affecting his ability to remain afloat. The soft, kind, voice took him aback. Eyes widening once more, the Phantump patiently listened. ~I-I apologize,~ he blurted out, wanting the Cubone to know how, equally, sorry he was. He may not have done anything wrong but, despite, he felt as if he had. The Cubone wanted to know if he was okay? The question was enough for the Phantump too to shed silent tears. ~Am I okay?~ he repeated, in disbelief. The Cubone's concern was unexpected, and overwhelming.

~Y-yes... I think so. Now.~ He hadn't been, but he was starting to feel a bit calmer. He felt guilty, for being suspicious of the pair. Peeking out from the grass at the Cubone's trainer, it wasn't long before he was staring into the ground-types face again. ~I-is there anything I can... um... help you both with?~ He felt a tad indebted to the pair, just for the fact that they hadn't decided to attack him or go running in fear. It was nice to be able to have a civil conversation. ~A-are you both alright?~ Judging by his tone the Phantump was really hoping for a "yes." He was a very caring pokemon, and felt things deeply. It could be said that he was a sensitive soul.

Dakota Gilbert
PM   Email
^
Dakota Gilbert
 Posted: 8/14/17, 01:34 pm
Lisa
55 posts
Pokémon Trainer

What happened next was equally as pleasantly surprising as it was confusing. It seemed that Adrian, who is normally always on edge and keeping up a tough outer appearance, softened to this strange pokémon and was even conversing with it. All Dakota could pick up on were little whispers between the two pokémon, but there was a strange gentleness to both voices she could hear. She stood, staring blankly, at Adrian and wondered if she should step in or let them be. Before she could decide for herself, a little bark-textured face peeked from between the grass to meet her eyes.

Dakota's expression softened. It was a tiny little thing, with a dark ghostly body. The being seemed to be inhabiting what looked like a tree stump, with little branches and even leaves at the tips. Sad, little red eyes peered through holes in the bark, melting her heart. Dakota, like her Cubone, typically kept up a tough, careless look. However, she too felt the tension in her muscles lessen just looking at it. It was cute! Well, most people might not think so, but perhaps that's why. Dakota wasn't your typical girl, she didn't like flowers and jewels and teddy bears. This pokémon was unique, not your typical cute and fluffy pokémon, and she really liked that.

Adrian kept his eyes on their new acquaintance. The shy little thing not only apologized for interrupting their evening, but asked if he could help them in any way. Adrian, for the first time since they arrived to this point, looked up at his trainer with soft eyes. If she could understand the message in his look, it would say, "Can we keep him? Pleeeeassssee?" He did notice that he no longer sensed any anger from her. She did seem to be almost as affected as he was by this cute little guy. Adrian turned to meet his gaze once more. ~Oh, aren't you sweet! We are okay... well, mostly. My trainer is injured, and we were trying to hurry back to town.~ he explained.

Keeping the grass parted by his arm, he stepped to the side to allow the little pokémon to come out into the open if it felt comfortable enough. ~Here, you don't have to hide, we won't hurt you.~ he said softly, hoping the little guy didn't feel threatened anymore. Adrian scoot his bone over with his foot just in case, and then shot a glance at Dakota. In an instant she knelt down, balancing with her knees bent on her heels. Her knee stung when the skin stretched, but she ignored it. Now that she was much closer to the ground, she hoped the little guy would feel safe enough to show himself.

Kaskae Dawson
(He's so cute!! 8D Me wants him!!~)
PM   Email
^
Wild Pokémon
 Posted: 8/15/17, 10:55 am
NPC
3226 posts
NPC

The wild Phantump was overwhelmed by the civility of both the Cubone and his trainer. Was it possible that they meant him no harm? The Phantump continued to float in the long grass fronds, looking from the Cubone, to the girl, and back again. His body language suggested that he was unsure, but calm. There was a glance that the Cubone and the girl exchanged, and, a tad confused, the Phantump began to fidget. Had he done something wrong? No... no, they didn't seem upset with him. ~Oh! Me? I, well-thank you!~ The Phantump changed his motion, floating in a circular pattern. He wasn't sweet, not at all, but it felt nice to be referred to as something other than gross.

At the mention of Dakota's injury, the Phantump was aghast. ~Oh no! I'm so sorry. I will take the both of you to the nearest humans-place! Your trainer can heal up there, and all will be well! I'm so very sorry.~ For whatever reason the small pokemon was still assuming the blame for both Dakota's anger, and physical pain.

The Cubone parted the grass further, inviting him on out. Did they really not mind his appearance? Could he really just... come on out? Surprise coloured his glowing eyes, causing them to flicker-like flashing lights. ~I won't hurt anyone either,~ he replied softly, floating right on out. Now alongside the Cubone, the Phantump bore an expression akin to a smile. The Phantump's warmth radiated from him.

Dakota knelt down, regarding him. He, in turn, regarded her. He shook, but only a little. She wasn't going to hurt him... ~Your leg... we have to get you help.~ His words were spoken slowly, his voice tinged with concern.

Dakota Gilbert - awww, I'm so glad you like him :'D
PM   Email
^
Dakota Gilbert
 Posted: 8/15/17, 12:20 pm
Lisa
55 posts
Pokémon Trainer

The care and compassion the wild pokémon showed towards him and his trainer was overwhelming. Adrian, even though it wasn't visible under this skull, couldn't help but smile. He watched as the nervous little guy hovered between the grasses and out above the pathway between him and Dakota. He spoke softly to both Adrian and Dakota, even though only Adrian could understand him. Adrian joined the little ghost by his side when he spoke to Dakota. When she looked down at them, Adrian gave her a confident nod.

~Yes, that would be wonderful! We would love the help, and the company.~ Adrian said, once the little guy was done speaking. Whatever it was they were saying to each other, Dakota trusted Adrian and didn't hesitate to nod back. "Does it need help Adrian? Is it lost?" Dakota asked, still completely clueless about what they were talking about. Adrian shook his head. "Cu! Cubone!" he responded, picking up his bone and pointing it at her knee. The make-shift bandage had slipped down to her ankle when she knelt down, and the redness had worsened. ~Our kind new friends wants to help us get back to town, so you can get your knee fixed up.~ is what the other pokémon would hear.

Dakota pieced together that they were talking about her knee and nodded. She looked into the eyes of the little ghost. "That would be very helpful, thank you! Would you come along with us? Once we get back to town, I can buy you some treats as a thank you!" Dakota said, with a soft smile. She stood to her feet, having to pull the make-shift bandage back up to her knee. After straightening her clothes and bag, she gave Adrian a look and waited for him to move. She'd follow the two of them. Adrian nodded, and turned back towards the little ghost. ~Shall we?~ he asked.

Kaskae Dawson
(Hope that's okay!!)
PM   Email
^
Wild Pokémon
 Posted: 8/15/17, 12:49 pm
NPC
3226 posts
NPC

The Wild Phantump waited, watching, and listening, to the exchange between pokemon and trainer. He could see the care that was expressed between the two, and it made him envious. He wished that someone cared about him like that... He just wanted someone to see him, and accept him for who he was. He knew he wasn't perfect, he knew he had flaws. His insecurities were both embarrassing, and shameful, in his eyes. He wanted to be someone's friend, and show them that he too had feelings, and could be hurt as easily as any pokemon. He wasn't just a "thing," or an "ugly face." He was a pokemon-a living, breathing, being. The Cubone could see that, couldn't he? The Phantump felt as if he could.

Dakota thanked him, and even offered a smile in turn. Flushed from the attention, the Phantump cried out gleefully. Embarrassed by his joyous outburst, he moved to cover his mouth, his smile turning into an apologetic frown. They wanted him to come along with them? Really... him? ~Do you mean it?~ he inquired. The little Phantump had spent much of his time spying humans, and trying to feel included, and so he was fairly good at understanding human speech.

She wished to buy him treats? Well, that was a word he well knew! He doubted the other Phantump would miss him... He was the odd ball out, he always had been. He would be better off with these two. He knew he would be happier. ~Please, I would like that. I would be honoured... to be noticed.~ He tried to keep from shedding tears, for he had shed enough tears today already. He didn't want to ruin this moment by being sad.

He would go with them! He'd made friends-real friends! This was the most exciting, and joyous, day of his life.

So, along the little Phantump went, happy to feel as if he could make a real contribution. He would stay with the pair, where he certainly belonged!

The wild Phantump has been befriended! Congratulations!
PM   Email
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Options    Reply   New Topic   New Poll   

RPG-D  FF:Adventu PLEDGE -- a pokémon roleplay
Pokemon: Forever Forgotten Pokemon: Terrene Kaleidoscope