paradise • a pokémon adventure
cbox

welcome

Established in July 2014, Paradise is a pokémon role-play community that’s all about getting back to the basics. With a simplified training system, we focus more on writing than grinding for levels. Join us today and begin your adventure in the Eden region!

information

Getting Started Setting Information Trainer Classes Game Mechanics Field Guide Eden League Rules & FAQ

updates

December 25 – Merry Christmas and happy holidays to all those celebrating! There's been an update regarding the open gym and elite positions, so please check out this thread if you think you might be interested in applying for a spot! Here's wishing you all a happy new year~!

shortcuts

Training Log Wild Encounters Breeding Records Adoption Center Face Claims Player Directory Open Threads

Reply   New Topic   New Poll   

Sickness Comes by Sea, Open intro!
Theo Grimsby
 Posted: 11/23/17, 09:02 pm
Travie
7 posts
Pokémon Trainer

One thing that Theo Grimsby was thankful for was how friendly of a man his late father had been. The man had spent the majority of his life traveling the regions making friends wherever he went. The result was a rather nice intricate network of people that were inclined to give the young trainer a hand. There was a downside however. The trip between Unova and Eden was a long one, only made longer by here constantly what a reminder of a father he was. Mister Potopolis was a kind older man, he meant well so Theo strapped on a smile. It had been three years now his father had been gone but to Theo he was still very much present in his life. Before leaving Virbank with Ursula he had transferred all of his father's work into his PokeGear so he could access it easily.

He didn't plan on returning home as frequently as his father had to log his data. The home he had grown up in had become plastered with painful memories gouging into his consciousness around every corner. The choice to take to the road was an easy one. But Eden held a promised land, somewhere fresh that he had no memories with his father in. As the spec of land came into view on the horizon Theo shifted from where he had perched himself on the bow of the motorboat Mister Potopolis was sailing with a seasoned hand. Looking down to his feet Theo nudged a small ball of spiked tentacles that lay at his feet snoring lightly.

"Ursula, come on. Wake up." As the ball writhed against his touch one of the appendages retracted back revealing half peeled yellow eyes sleepily gazing up to him. His Mareanie climbed up the back of his clothes as Theo pulled his hood tight around his head against the cold bite of the sea air. Coming to her favorite resting spot Ursula laid against the back of his head, her small face barely visible past her tentacles that she had left to drape over his shoulders.

When they pulled up Theo was mildly amazed by the resemblance the port city had to Virbank. The vast marina was bustling with life in the mid day though it seemed far sunnier. There wasn't quite as much pollution here as he had been used to from large cities. Though he supposed that was why his father had chosen the city to be the epicenter of his search for Poison Pokemon. Bidding Mister Potopolis a fond farewell Theo made his way down the makeshift ramp and onto the docks.

It took him a few moments to get used to the unwavering foundation actual solid land provided. Sure he hadn't gotten out to dry land yet but the dock anchored deep into the seafloor was a big change from the constantly moving vessel he had been on. It didn't waver his determination though, reaching up he pulled Ursula closer to his cranium before continuing on. It was standard practice to move through a crowd, especially for someone who had grown up in such a setting. Theo fell in with the crowds traffic making his way towards land, unknowing that his shoe had come untied. He only made it a few more steps before the combination of undone laces and unsure legs caused the bean poll of a man to fall head over heals into oncoming foot traffic.

Ursula let out a squeal as she flew off of his hood and onto the planked floor. Theo rolled into a unknown bystander, taking the poor soul down with him as he went.

"Oh jeez, I'm wicked sorry. I don't quite have land legs yet." Theo sputtered out a stuttered apology as he scrambled to collect Ursula. Only once the small Pokemon was in his arms did he turn to offer his hand in aid to the stranger with an apologetic smile.

PM   
^
Jaisen Aurelius
 Posted: 12/5/17, 09:11 am
Sev
54 posts
Pokémon Trainer

Potpourri Harbor was a bit busy for Jace's liking. Too many boats, too many people and not enough open water to enjoy. But that wasn't why he was here today. He'd been in contact with a rescue back home in Kalos that had found themselves with a rowdy young Totodile they needed to find a home for since they were not native to Kalos. Since one of the workers had remembered Jace being interested in the water types they were caring for when he'd visited. He'd left them his number in case they had any water types for adoption in the future and so they'd called. After a lengthy discussion about the Totodile's circumstances and how to go about the adoption since Jace was in Eden, a date and time were set up for them to meet.

And that was why Jace was in Potpourri Harbor today; to meet the representative from the rescue and officially adopt the Totodile. The meeting and adoption had gone as smoothly as possible and Jace was now the owner of the excitable water type. It was a bit too crowded to have him out of his pokeball to start getting to know him, so Jace was heading for a more open area where he could let his pokemon out without them bumping into people or getting lost or stepped on in a crowd. As it was, Saia was clinging possessively to his bag, glaring over his shoulder and emitting small hisses and squeaks at passersby that seemed to be getting to close. Jace let her because asking her not to only made her more upset. As he moved through the people, trying to make his way out of the busier part of the docks to somewhere less crowded, something rolled into his legs, sending him sprawling onto the wooden planks of the docks.

Saia had sense enough to let go of him and fly to safety as he fell and was fluttering overhead trying to make sense of what had happened. It didn't take more than a glance for her to pinpoint the culprit as he scrambled around on his hands and knees. She chattered angrily as Jace got himself to his feet and when the stranger reached out a hand toward her boy, the Noibat swooped down and put herself between the two men with a screech. "Saia calm down. It was an accident." At least he was pretty sure it was an accident. He really doubted the other had tackled him intentionally and he was pretty sure he'd heard an apology in the chaos. Saia returned to Jace, though she clung to the front of his shirt rather than her usual perch on his bag, causing him to have to curl his arms around her to support her better. "Pest." He said as he ruffled her ears with a small smile before extending a hand toward the stranger to shake. "Sorry about that. She can be a bit overprotective sometimes. Guess she thought you were trying to attack me or something. No harm done though. I'm Jace and this pest is Saia." He introduced himself and his partner, eyeing the spiky ball of tentacles the other held. Was that a pokemon? He'd never seen one like that before and couldn't help but wonder what it was and where it came from.

Theo Grimsby
PM   
^
Theo Grimsby
 Posted: 12/6/17, 12:13 am
Travie
7 posts
Pokémon Trainer

Theo hadn't realized the Noibat had been hovering above them until she thrust herself between him and who he could only assume was her trainer. Quickly he retracted his hand as Ursula crawled out of his other arm and onto his shoulder, a tentacle awkwardly clinging to his already sloppy hair. A nervously apologetic smile crossed his face as the stranger seemed to reassure his companion.

"No worries homie." Theo responded as he shook the man's hand. Jace as he had introduced himself and his companion Saia. "That's not a bad thing. Good to know she's on guard in case you got into a scrap." Releasing his grip from Jace's, Theo in turn extended the back of his hand towards the Noibat as an offering of peace. No way he could hold ill will towards a Pokemon taking care of it's trainer, he knew Ursula would have done the same had their roles been switched.

"I'm Theodore Grimsby you can call me Theo. Pleasure to meet you." Bringing up a hand he rested it carefully around the spike atop his Mareanie's head. "This little ball of spike fueled fury is Ursula. She's a bit clingy as well." He let out a slight laugh at his own joke as he pat her. Ursula in turn tightened her grip around his head as she burrowed deeper into her tentacles, her pale yellow eyes barely visible behind the veil. It was a common trait in Mareanie to be more reserved and withdrawn at a young age. Their anatomy had only aided to this all the more, at least that was what his father's research had implied.

"We just sailed in from Unova. Literally just arrived so this whole..." His hand waved through the air slightly as he searched for the right word. "...Terra Firma thing is a bit trippy. How about you? Didn't rough you up to bad?" Another laugh as he dusted himself off and rustled through his pockets to make sure all of his belongings were still intact. His luck he'd lose his wallet or pokedex through a crack in a peir first five minutes in Eden.

Jaisen Aurelius
PM   
^
Jaisen Aurelius
 Posted: 12/8/17, 09:48 am
Sev
54 posts
Pokémon Trainer

Though Jace tried to be polite to everyone, there were just some things he didn't get. Slang was one of them and he frowned ever so slightly as he was called 'homie'. "Perhaps not now but I'm afraid of what she'll be like when she evolves into Noivern. She'll be a lot more intimidating and a lot less small. I might have a hard time getting her to back down." He was hoping she'd grow out of her overprotective thing by the time that happened but so far she was the same as she had always been. At least she listened to him so if he told her to stop, she stopped. As long as that didn't change they should be fine. As the hand was offered to her, Saia considered biting it just to show she was still annoyed. But that would upset Jace and this stranger wasn't really a threat so she gave it a brief sniff and a small squeak as if to say ;nice to meet you'.

"It's nice to meet you too, Theo. And Ursula was it? She looks shy. What kind of pokemon is she? I've never seen anything like her before." He wondered if she was from Eden or a different region altogether. Jace was really only familiar with the pokemon found in Kalos, though he knew several of the more popular species from other regions as well. Such as Totodile, Shinx or Growlithe which could only be obtained if you had them transported from other regions or by trading with trainers from those regions. "Unova huh? Never been there. I'm from Kalos myself. And no worries. I'm fine. Not the first time I've fallen on my face and I'm sure it won't be the last." After falling off a waterfall back home, tripping over someone on a pier was nothing.

Theo Grimsby

(Apologies for the short post. Wasn't sure where we might want them to go from here, lol.)
PM   
^
Theo Grimsby
 Posted: 12/10/17, 05:58 pm
Travie
7 posts
Pokémon Trainer

Theodore nodded along as Jace expressed his concern for the future evolution of his Noibat. He could certainly understand the worry. While Noibat was cute and his defensive ferocity seemed admirable for such a small creature it would be a whole other issue with a large Noivern.

"I think you'll be alright. He's got time to mature between now and then." A warm smile crossed his face as he winked at the little Noibat. "Besides, being a big tough Noivern means he'll be a lot more scary looking. People will already be in line." He laughed slightly, hoping to at least win some of the little Pokemon's favor. It was their first interaction with anyone in Eden and the last thing Theo wanted to do was make enemies right off the boat. When Jace's interest switched to Ursula Theo's eyes lit up. Ursula was by far his favorite Pokemon. Growing up working along his father's Toxapek had made him fond of the species but when he had received his offspring as an inheritance they had instantly bonded. Reaching up Theo carefully carried Ursula down in front of him.

"She's a Mareanie actually. Kind of a hard find actually, they're pretty specific to Alola but my Dad had theories of them having deep sea communities through many regions. Basically wherever Corsola migrated. I have a lot of interesting studies on the species actually." As he spoke of his and his father's research a notable tone change happened in his voice. His carefree loose speech tightened up to a crisp professional tone. It came instinctively from his years as a research assistant.

[b]"She's my first Pokemon actually a...gift from my father. She's my prized partner, through thick and thin. I'd be happy to show you some of my data if you'd like. I'm sure Ursula's itching to get some swim time in. Care to hit the water? I don't know if you were busy or something but I'm always happy to talk Pokemon." His offered another warm smile to reassure him. Certainly he seemed strange coming out of nowhere trying to socialize with a man he had accidentally tripped into. But he knew no one in this strange land and if he's father's own extensive net of resources had taught him anything it was you never knew when knowing someone could help.

Jaisen Aurelius

[no worries, I'll give us some direction lol]
PM   
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Options    Reply   New Topic   New Poll   

RPG-D FF:Adventu PLEDGE -- a pokémon roleplay Pokemon: Forever Forgotten
Pokemon: Terrene Kaleidoscope