paradise • a pokémon adventure
cbox

welcome

Established in July 2014, Paradise is a pokémon role-play community that’s all about getting back to the basics. With a simplified training system, we focus more on writing than grinding for levels. Join us today and begin your adventure in the Eden region!

information

Getting Started Setting Information Trainer Classes Game Mechanics Field Guide Eden League Rules & FAQ

updates

December 25 – Merry Christmas and happy holidays to all those celebrating! There's been an update regarding the open gym and elite positions, so please check out this thread if you think you might be interested in applying for a spot! Here's wishing you all a happy new year~!

shortcuts

Training Log Wild Encounters Breeding Records Adoption Center Face Claims Player Directory Open Threads

Reply   New Topic   New Poll   

little bird industries, plotters for mira, kojiro, simon
Mira Argentum
 Posted: 11/28/15, 12:42 am
Wren
244 posts
Pokémon Trainer

mira argentum

thirty-nine
female
questioning
plumeria gym leader

FRIENDS
Many things get in the way of Mira making friends. Her location way out in Plumeria means that she's only likely to be visited by challengers, and they usually aren't too friendly until they beat up your Pokémon and have their shiny new badge. Her work also limits her interactions, primarily because her work means so much more to her than interpersonal communications.

That, of course, is to her detriment, because good science is made by many, not just one. Still, Mira is fond of competent, interesting people, particularly those with a knack for adventuring. She will also probably immediately elevate you to friend status if you can listen to her talk about dirt for longer than ten minutes.

ENEMIES
As above, Mira is not so likely to develop relationships of any kind, so enemies are not likely to happen. That said, she does have a passive-aggressive streak when people don't seem to match her passion, and that kind of shit-talking never really goes over well with anyone. She knows it isn't personal--even when it actually is--but she still can feel slighted.

LOVERS
Mira is only interested in romancing bones. Kidding, but as it is already difficult for Mira to make connections of any sort, building any sort of romance with her is going to be especially difficult. It would take the rare soul to win Mira's heart, and she isn't necessarily picky about the person's physical makeup.
deltra of gangnam style
PM   Website
^
Kojiro Takanashi
 Posted: 11/28/15, 12:48 am
Wren
23 posts
Pokémon Trainer

kojiro takanashi

sixty-four
male
heterosexual
ceo of kotori corp

FRIENDS
Kojiro's friends are his employees. This isn't an exaggeration, necessarily; he definitely views all of his employees as family at least, but they all get along so well that it's hard to think of them as "related." (When's the last time YOU got along with your family?) He gets on very well with Pokémon. He struggles a little more with humans, but his change in outlook after his brother's death has opened him up more to joy, so he can be almost easy-going at times. At his core, he's kind, and that tends to make friends.

ENEMIES
Of course, being kind can also make enemies. But with no rival transportation companies in the region and no previous broken-hearted exes left behind, having an enemy would be a strange experience for Kojiro.

LOVERS
Kojiro gives his love to his "children," the Pokémon that make up Kotori Corp. But he never really thought of himself as loving someone else, or having a romantic partner. Still, he would say that he's fairly easy to romance; kindness and care mean the most to him of anything, and as long as they don't mind him coming home every day covered in feathers and dragon sweat, it could be a match made in heaven.
deltra of gangnam style
PM   
^
Simon MacPherson
 Posted: 11/28/15, 12:49 am
Wren
15 posts
Nightshade

simon macpherson

forty-six
male
gray-asexual
lawyer

FRIENDS
It's weird to think of a guy like Simon having friends. He would probably call them "business acquaintances." Even friends wouldn't know the extent of his powers with Hypnosis, but any friend of Simon's would be very, very good at keeping secrets and at listening. He's not much of a talker, but he does expect attention when he is speaking, much like what he expects of the jury during a trial.

ENEMIES
Enemies end up at the bottom of the Garland canals...or the ocean. This isn't really an exaggeration; he deals with enemies as swiftly and quietly as he can. No sense in dragging things out. It's beyond a doubt, though, that he has enemies he doesn't know about: people whose lives he's ruined with Hypnosis, people who suffered due to his court cases, people who he's indirectly harmed through his work with Nightshade...really, the possibilities are endless. Granted, some of these options might mean they have no idea who Simon even is, but the fact is that he's in a very good position to leave a lot of broken people behind him.

LOVERS
Simon has next to no interest in this field. While he wouldn't categorize himself as having zero interest, he just doesn't experience sexual attraction on any sort of regular basis. Very, very rarely he might, but overall it's just not going to happen. (And why on earth would you want to, anyway?)
deltra of gangnam style
PM   
^
Eiryth Lefebvre
 Posted: 3/13/16, 02:07 pm
Sena
18 posts
Pokémon Trainer

Hitting plotter number #4. I have to honestly admit that your imagination and writing skills at “A Stranger in the Big City” have both pushed me to think about a good plot with one of your characters. I’ve gone through all of your plotters and took a liking to your “pokemon-papa” Kojiro. I don’t exactly know how the first meetings would go, but I can see him turning into a paternal figure for Eiryth. After leaving her home Eiryth hasn’t really talked to her parents. In fact, right now they seem more like strangers than real family. Their ideals are simply too contradictory and getting along with them seems like a far away dream.

So, despite Eiryth’s rather selective taste for social interaction, I really think she’d feel great respect towards Kojiro from the very first moment. Of course, she would know about Kotori Corp. and its achievements and therefore even admire him. Maybe Kojiro could be visiting the children floor at Ironwood’s Hospital and bring some of his pokemon-employees along for the children to play with them? There Eiryth could receive the assignment of giving him a tour through the floor and telling him a little about the children they come across.

This is the idea that just came to my mind, but of course I’d be more than happy to hear your ideas if you’re up for it!

PM   
^
Caine Knightley
 Posted: 9/2/16, 11:59 pm
Jade
65 posts
Administrator

WREN MY FRIEND IT IS TIME WE PLOTTED

But no, seriously, I've been meaning to ask you about plotting something between Mira Argentum and Caine for literally forever, and the Character Challenge spurred me to finally getting around to it. D: Lmao. I haven't been the best about actually posting IC on Paradise in the past little while, and I'm determined to change that.

BUT ANYWAY~

Obviously these two could be Science Friends, but I'm open to input on how, exactly, they met. I think we tossed around an idea via messages somewhere a while back (Facebook, maybe?) that perhaps Caine attended some sort of event where Mira was speaking? So there's a thought.

Also I see that she was, at some point, living in the Kalos region? :O How old would she have been at the time? Caine spent his early childhood there, and the rest of it was split between Kalos and Unova. Depending on the timelines, they could have met further back in the past... Although the age difference might have made that unlikely. Lol.
PM   Email
^
Mira Argentum
 Posted: 9/8/16, 06:01 pm
Wren
244 posts
Pokémon Trainer

JADE MY PAL WE MUST DO THIS

Mira has eight (almost nine, maybe I should celebrate her birthday soon) years on Caine and she was there for undergraduate studies and some of her doctorate work, so between the ages of 18 and about 28. (She bounced between Hoenn, Sinnoh, and Kalos for schooling.) She may have presented her work on the windmills in Dendemille at a symposium or similar, which would've been when she was closer to age 28.

A quick swap of business cards would have been all that perhaps occurred between her and Caine Knightley but there's no time like the present to call up potential research "buddies!"
PM   Website
^
Caine Knightley
 Posted: 9/9/16, 12:23 am
Jade
65 posts
Administrator

Mira Argentum
Omg Mira's gonna be hittin' the big 4-0 soon. OVER THE HILL~

But anyhoo. Lol. Apparently Caine would have been between age 10 and 20 at the time when she was in the Kalos region. He would have still been bouncing back and forth between his parents (Between Kalos and Unova) until around age 18. But idk if a smol Caine would have much reason to meet or interact with an adult Mira. Although that mental image makes me laugh.

Although... If she was presenting her work at a symposium closer to age 28, depending on exactly where in the timeline that falls, Caine possibly could have still been in Kalos at the time and been in attendance? But if it happened when he was 19 or 20, he'd be off to Unova already. Baw.
PM   Email
^
Mira Argentum
 Posted: 9/9/16, 10:37 am
Wren
244 posts
Pokémon Trainer

Caine Knightley

We could say 25 then--that'd line up with about eleven years of university study--and it probably would have been in Lumiose or one of the larger cities.

As for now, Mira's bumming around Wisteria until she gets a call saying that a challenger showed up a couple of weeks ago and Mira casually admits that she didn't bother answering her phone. She can always make a stopover somewhere now that she has a fancy Flygon.
PM   Website
^
Caine Knightley
 Posted: 9/9/16, 10:49 am
Jade
65 posts
Administrator

Mira Argentum
That sounds awesooome. Idk if the two would have actually ~met~ at the symposium or not, but maybe Caine raised his hand during a Q&A session and had some smart-ass question for her -- which I'm sure Mira would have handled with finesse. :B

And yay, flexibility. Lol. I'm trying not to take on too much with Caine since I'm just now easing back into playing him, but I'ma hit you up for a thread as soon as I can.
PM   Email
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Options    Reply   New Topic   New Poll   

RPG-D FF:Adventu PLEDGE -- a pokémon roleplay Pokemon: Forever Forgotten
Pokemon: Terrene Kaleidoscope