paradise • a pokémon adventure
cbox

welcome

Established in July 2014, Paradise is a pokémon role-play community that’s all about getting back to the basics. With a simplified training system, we focus more on writing than grinding for levels. Join us today and begin your adventure in the Eden region!

information

Getting Started Setting Information Trainer Classes Game Mechanics Field Guide Eden League Rules & FAQ

updates

December 25 – Merry Christmas and happy holidays to all those celebrating! There's been an update regarding the open gym and elite positions, so please check out this thread if you think you might be interested in applying for a spot! Here's wishing you all a happy new year~!

shortcuts

Training Log Wild Encounters Breeding Records Adoption Center Face Claims Player Directory Open Threads

Reply   New Topic   New Poll   

Fear Not The Darkness, Nox's Plotter
Nox Korrik
 Posted: 10/10/16, 12:13 pm
Sev
261 posts
Pokémon Ranger

Nox Korrik
Twenty-five Male Pokemon Ranger

Overview
Nox was born in Lilycove City, Hoenn up until he ran away at the age of fourteen. As a boy, he was bullied by his older brothers though never out of malicious intent. Due to being picked on at home, he was quick to stand up to bullies at school and earned something of a reputation as a fighter. After running away, he spent the better part of two years traveling with his best friend (who had also run away from home) and together they explored ruins and caves, spending most of their time outside of towns. When Nox finally went his own way at sixteen, he drifted from town to town, getting into trouble on occasion. It was a time of self-discovery and he did a lot of different things, learning what he liked and didn't like. When he arrived in Eden and settled in Wistera Town where he got a job working in a cafe and made a life for himself. He was content with the way things were until his childhood best friend and first crush walked back into his life unexpectedly. With Karjan around, Nox felt a desire to be more than just a barista in some little cafe. So, in order to have more freedom to travel and be with his lover, Nox enrolled in the Ranger Academy.

Friends
Though Nox doesn't make close friends easily, the ones he does have he is extremely loyal to. If you hurt his friends, he make sure you pay for it. If they need him, he will be there no matter the reason or time of day. He is that guy you can rely on for anything and who'd bring you chicken soup and watch movies with you while you're sick or help you get up the nerve to ask that person you've been interested in on a date.

Enemies
While Nox can be fairly laid back and doesn't really dislike anyone unless they give him a reason to, there is potential for rivalries and outright hatred if the circumstances are right. As a general rule, if you're mean to pokemon, are a bully or hurt Nox or someone he cares about, it's quite likely you'd end up on this list. If you think your chara is one of those folks who'd just rub Nox the wrong way (or maybe hate him even though he doesn't really care that they hate him) toss some ideas my way and we can see how things go.

Romance
After the unexpected and emotionally painful abandonment of his former lover, Nox is unsure about pursuing another relationship with anyone. However, that doesn't mean he'll never be in a new relationship, it'll just take time to get him to open up to the idea. Despite the pain his departure caused, Karjan is still Nox's first true love and asking him to 'move on' before he's ready isn't going to get you anywhere. On a side note, 'romance' can also include people he's been with in the past so if you think your chara and Nox might have crossed paths and been lovers at some point we can work with that as well. Just ask and we'll see what we can come up with.  
QUIET. CARING. LOYAL.
ANGIE @ BACK TO NEVERLAND
PM   
^
Kirwe Klein
 Posted: 10/11/16, 06:20 am
lilbu
88 posts
Pokémon Trainer

Kirwe Klein & Nox Korrik
Nox can be shy and unapproachable, and Kirwe is a master at bothering these people. If they bump into each other in a busy setting Kirwe would definitely want to talk about their shared interest in dark pokemon, specifically absols. She can be quite forward and oblivious so probably wouldn't notice if he had any discomfort. Likewise she's also very competative, and would most likely wabt to make plans to battle with him to prove she has the strongest absol on Eden!
PM   
^
Nox Korrik
 Posted: 10/11/16, 10:29 am
Sev
261 posts
Pokémon Ranger

Kirwe Klein

That would be amusing because if she wants to talk and all Nox wants to do is escape he'd be really short with her and giving like...one word answers and wondering why she's still trying to talk to him. But I could also see Nox using Kirwe's interest in dark pokemon as a means of escape as well. Especially if she happens to mention wanting to battle or having the strongest Absol on Eden. He doesn't much care about being the strongest but he'd accept the challenge just to get out of wherever it is they're at. :)

If you'd like to do a thread you're welcome to start it or I can start one later tonight when I get home from work. Just let me know where we might want it set. I could see it being somewhere in Wisteria Town which is bound to be busy because of the festival but anywhere is fine by me. :)
PM   
^
Kirwe Klein
 Posted: 10/11/16, 10:51 am
lilbu
88 posts
Pokémon Trainer

Wisteria Town could work just fine! Kirwe's family works there so there's good reason for her to be back home in time for the festival. I'm home from college soon so I have no qualms in starting!
PM   
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Options    Reply   New Topic   New Poll   

RPG-D FF:Adventu PLEDGE -- a pokémon roleplay Pokemon: Forever Forgotten
Pokemon: Terrene Kaleidoscope