paradise • a pokémon adventure
cbox

welcome

Established in July 2014, Paradise is a pokémon role-play community that’s all about getting back to the basics. With a simplified training system, we focus more on writing than grinding for levels. Join us today and begin your adventure in the Eden region!

information

Getting Started Setting Information Trainer Classes Game Mechanics Field Guide Eden League Rules & FAQ

updates

December 25 – Merry Christmas and happy holidays to all those celebrating! There's been an update regarding the open gym and elite positions, so please check out this thread if you think you might be interested in applying for a spot! Here's wishing you all a happy new year~!

shortcuts

Training Log Wild Encounters Breeding Records Adoption Center Face Claims Player Directory Open Threads

Reply   New Topic   New Poll   

irritatingly, the forest was quite lovely COMPLETE
Midori Kita
 Posted: 7/19/15, 01:27 pm
Ben
35 posts
Nightshade

Honestly by this point Midori was beginning to question the sense of her actions. The train ride down from Potpourri Harbour had transcended uncomfortable and hurtled catastrophically into Genuinely Unpleasant; a six year old and her father were sitting opposite her, and for two and a half hours Midori had to grip her armrest and not scream "WIPE YOUR GOD DAMN NOSE KID" in the child's face. Wouldn't particularly have done to cause a scene.

And now here she was at another forest. About to hurl herself into another humid, bug infested hell for the second time in... Twenty-three years. Huh.

Upon actually setting foot in Amaranth however, Midori was forced to reevaluate her decision to detest nature and all of stood for; irritatingly, the forest was quite lovely. Well spaced trees, thin undergrowth, sunlight speckling the forest floor. The thin mist gave it an almost otherworldly feel.

"If some elf appears and asks you to look into a bowl of water," she murmured to Aimi, balled up in her arms, "don't give her your ring."

Aimi gave her a questioning look.

"The elf will look like Cate Blanchett."

Aimi frowned.

"Fellowship of the Ring."

Aimi put her head back down and mumbled something indistinct.

"You're the nerd."

Choosing a comfortable looking tree, Midori tugged a jumper out of her bag and laid it out among the roots, then carefully set Aimi down on the bundle.

Flicking her eyes between her phone's dex and the misty terrain, Midori stroked behind Aimi's ear and said, "Okay, hang about here. Stay off your leg and shout if something unpleasant comes calling. I won't go far; apparently the cotton headed bastards are common enough around here."

Aimi let out a plaintive noise, but couldn't lever herself up on her cast.

"Don't worry girl. You'll be back up to strength soon enough, and we both learned a lot from that disaster."

Midori set half a Snickers down on the jumper, then grinned and stuck out her tongue. Aimi paused, then returned the gesture and started chewing on the chocolate.

Standing again, Midori clipped a set of potions and empty pokeballs to her belt. She unclipped Garret's ball and hefted it, considering. Eventually, with a sigh, she placed it back and retrieved the pikachu she'd captured a few days previously.

"This is a type advantage thing," she told the pokeball sternly, "nothing more. But let's see if you're up to scratch before we condemn you forever."

And she stomped off into the mist.
PM   Email
^
Random Event
 Posted: 7/20/15, 05:45 pm
Staff
760 posts
Administrator

a wild taillow appeared!

user posted image
Female · Level 13 · Guts
Peck, Growl, Focus Energy, Quick Attack, Wing Attack
PM   Email
^
Wild Pokémon
 Posted: 7/28/15, 09:52 pm
NPC
3415 posts
NPC

Up ahead, a swift shadow darted through the misty woods. The Taillow's streamlined form weaved in and out of the trees with ease, her wings beating effortlessly and almost silently as she swept closer to the forest floor. Her twisting, turning course brought her within mere yards of the human, but once she caught sight of her, she quickly veered away. She let out a squawk as she curved her path - what amounted to her version of an intimidating Growl. She didn't want any trouble.
PM   Email
^
Midori Kita
 Posted: 8/3/15, 04:27 pm
Ben
35 posts
Nightshade

The pikachu's new master gasped and stumbled back as the tailow flew past. Like. What's that all about. Seriously it's just a bird calm down dude I'll kick its ass take two minutes. I'm like a black belt just watch I know low kick and seismic toss and mega punch and. And. Other fighting moves. I know loads of. Loads of fighting. Okay I don't but you believed me for a second.

Pikachu winced slightly at the tailow's cry. Now that? That was just rude. Hadn't even introduced itself and already it was caw cawkng all over the place. He'd show it. Give it a taste of hyper beam. Or tackle.

"Pikachu!" his master muttered to him, eyes tracking the bird's course through the trees, " I know we've had a rocky start, but I'd really appreciate it if you worked with me on this."

Alright man, calm down.

"I'm going to name you after the bravest man I ever knew."

Please don't.

"Go get 'em, Jeff."

...actually that's not so bad.

Jeff crouched low and bristled, arcs jumping from his cheeks.

"Thundershock it."

Happy to.
PM   Email
^
Wild Pokémon
 Posted: 8/4/15, 09:18 am
NPC
3415 posts
NPC

Taillow was already curving away when she heard the distinct crackle of electricity. Knowing she couldn't afford even a second to glance behind her, she banked to the left, sailing out of the Thundershock's reach, leaving the fierce tendrils of lightning to flash through empty air. It was a close one to be sure, but she made it.

After making a sharp turn around some trees, however, she came zooming back - this time making a bee-line for the Pikachu on the ground. Almost immediately, she took a sudden drop in altitude, aiming herself in a high-speed, diagonal plummet. Her intent was to ram the little mouse beak-first in a powerful Peck attack.
PM   Email
^
Midori Kita
 Posted: 8/7/15, 07:44 am
Ben
35 posts
Nightshade

A small hmm noise escaped Jeff in the moment before impact. No one dodged Jeff's attacks. Not even Jeff could dodge Jeff's attacks, although that probably had more to do with the fact that spin-kicking inanimate objects tended, as a rule, to be a pastime lacking in people not sustaining injury.

Snapping back to reality, Jeff barely had time to pull off a sweet back flip (yo) over the Taillow's head. And by "barely had time to pull off a sweet back flip (yo)", one should clearly understand that Jeff took a beak directly to the stomach. With a crackling burst of static, jeff bounced off the ground and rolled roughly onto all fours. It was a harder hit than he'd been prepared for, and he had to pause briefly to catch his breath.

"You kicked Aimi's teeth in," his trainer mused absently from somewhere behind him, "and you're losing to a small baby bird?"

"Your dog's just a fattened pet. This bird is a true warrior."

"Friend, I don't understand your language."

"Wow, and after I went to the trouble of learning yours."

Jeff caught sight of the distinctive red smear of his opponent again, not far off yet.

"Thoughts?"

"Chase it down with a quick attack. If you can ground it for even a second, a thundershock could be devastating."

Jeff shot off parallel to the taillow, gaining ground quickly. Suddenly, he leapt up and sideways, quick attack poised to spike the bird out of the air.
PM   Email
^
Wild Pokémon
 Posted: 8/9/15, 03:17 pm
NPC
3415 posts
NPC

Although the Pikachu landed a pretty sweet back-flip over her head, Taillow's attack hit home, striking her foe in the stomach. While the other pokémon fell roughly to the ground and rolled to his feet, Taillow curved sharply upward and took to the air once again.

But she didn't get too far before something hit her - hard.

The Pikachu had launched an airborne attack, running and gaining speed before taking a high-velocity leap that sent him barreling straight into her. Taillow let out a squawk of surprise, and the force of the blow very nearly knocked her to the ground. Yet somehow she managed to recover - to flap around in frustration and right herself before she could lose much altitude.

Time for instant retaliation.

The bird pokémon made a quick turn and dove again. Her wings extended towards her opponent as she dropped, and the feathers suddenly acquired a white glow. It was a Wing Attack. And while the Pikachu would undoubtedly fall back to the earth before she made contact, she would be swift to meet him there.
PM   Email
^
Midori Kita
 Posted: 8/10/15, 09:14 am
Ben
35 posts
Nightshade

Descending gracefully, Jeff crossed his arms and reclined in the air, nodding slowly. This bird was tenacious, a worthy opponent. It would be most honourable to be felled in battle by such an opponent.

Tilting his chin upwards, he muttered, "Is now, perhaps, the time for a cross-counter? To take this warrior's victory and punch a vengeful hole through its heart?"

Midori lowered her gaze and pressed the corner of her glasses. "'Twould be noblest, I think, to end this battle with one's head held high. Give no quarter, show no weakness. Your life is a vivid flame, its a void of darkness. Maybe, in this final action, can the peace of balance be brought to this maelstrom of conflict."

Touching down to the ground gently, cherry blossom swirled into the air around Jeff. Planting one foot firmly behind him and raising a defiant hand, he shouted a defiant challenge.

"Brave warrior! I shall send you my best regards- from hell!"

Unleashing a thunder shock that shakes the earth, Jeff's form is consumed by light. As the Taillow's glowing wings cut toward Jeff's throat, the screen fades to black and the credits roll in silence. The audience, silently awed until now, rise in rapturous applause, and several prominent critics in the front row break into tears. Midori Kita's biopic receives a 98% approval rating on Rotten Tomatoes, and heavy criticism is leveled at the one negative review it receives, as the writer is clearly just jealous.

Descending roughly from the air, Jeff landed awkwardly, legs askew. The taillow was almost upon him again, energy wings poised to bisect him neatly.

"Cross-counter!" Midori yelped, arm flailing wildly in the bird's direction.

The wing attack struck hard, knocking Jeff backwards. Doing his best to roll with the hit, Jeff discharged the biggest thunder shock he could muster while the taillow was still within arm's reach.
PM   Email
^
Wild Pokémon
 Posted: 8/14/15, 12:45 pm
NPC
3415 posts
NPC

Taillow's attack struck home once again, but just as her enemy was knocked backwards, the little pest unloaded a Thundershock at point-black range. The sound of arcing electricity filled the air, and she must have blacked out for a second or so - because when she opened her eyes again, she was laid out on the ground, her feathers still crackling with static.

Of course, she had missed the whole part where she was suspended midair by the electricity before being dropped roughly to the forest floor. But here she was now, and she immediately tried to hoist herself up to attack again. Unfortunately, however, she found herself unable to move. She was paralyzed.

Silently, her eyes cut towards the Pikachu looming nearby, and her gaze hardened. So this was it, huh? She was at the mercy of an electric rat.
PM   Email
^
Midori Kita
 Posted: 8/17/15, 09:43 am
Ben
35 posts
Nightshade

Jeff met the taillow's gaze. Slowly, he raised his arms into the air, clenched his fists, and did a little turn.

Aaaah, the crowd goes wild! Winner winner, chicken dinner, aaaaaaah!!!!!

Ending his pivot, Jeff sat down directly on the paralyzed taillow's back and winced. He'd underestimated how much that cross-counter had cost him; it definitely felt like he had more bones than before. It didn't help when the taillow disappeared into a pokeball, leaving Jeff ass down in the dirt.

"Eyes front, kid," Midori called tensely as the pokeball wriggled once, "this might not be over just yet."

"Yes, thanks very much, Jeff. I appreciate you taking time out of your busy day to help me harass birds."

Twice.

"We'd better be getting take out after this."

Three times.
PM   Email
^
Wild Pokémon
 Posted: 8/20/15, 09:51 pm
NPC
3415 posts
NPC

Taillow let out a strained caw as the Pikachu plopped down on its back, but she could do little else. As if being shamed by losing a fight to some pet rat wasn't bad enough, now the vermin had decided to park its rear right on top of her. She didn't have too much time to agonize over her defeat, however, for in mere seconds the world around her was enveloped in a bright, white light...

The pokéball wiggled once. Twice. Three times.

And then it rolled onto its side and grew still.

Wild Taillow was caught!
PM   Email
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Options    Reply   New Topic   New Poll   

RPG-D FF:Adventu PLEDGE -- a pokémon roleplay Pokemon: Forever Forgotten
Pokemon: Terrene Kaleidoscope